• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Seems like the best possible way for 343 to handle the playlists. I wish there were a way to keep from playing Halo 4 maps in some of those playlists beyond quitting out.

Tawpgun

Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.

S Q U A D S L A Y E R

pls be BR starts

Sephzilla

Seems like the best possible way for 343 to handle the playlists. I wish there were a way to keep from playing Halo 4 maps in some of those playlists beyond quitting out.

I think something along the lines of "filtering" options would be amazing actually. Like be able set your BTB hopper to only put you in games that use Halo 1/2/3 and automatically get you out of Halo 4 games.

I think the Team slayer playlist is a little useless because we can already choose for the game so there is no point to have one mixed + one social and one per game.
These playlist miss maybe Infection to start, a casual playlist for fun random but overall I am pretty satisfied.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Big Team Battle
Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Aww yes.

Frantically searches for Team Doubles, does a control+F search to make sure I didn't miss it...AND...

giphy.gif

I know there is A LOT of game and they don't want to spread the community too thin...but wow I thought that was a gimmie...

EDIT: 343 thank you so much for all of this though...and most of all thank you for including an e-sports hopper. YOU THE BOMB.

ElRenoRaven

Oh yes. Team slayer and Big team!!! I'm happy. Not a fan of the individual games playlists being a mix of objective and slayer. I hate fucking objective gametypes.

-Ryn

Banned
Well it'll do as a launch playlist I suppose. Really hope they expand later on though. Poor 2v2...

Good job though overall.

Welfare

I think something along the lines of "filtering" options would be amazing actually. Like be able set your BTB hopper to only put you in games that use Halo 1/2/3 and automatically get you out of Halo 4 games.

A filter option would be the best. Is this in, Frank?

No Halo 4 in Team Slayer? Yiss, thank you 343!

Also they should make a doubles playlist, oh and add H2A to Hardcore.

Also, honestly, I'd get rid of the H2A social playlist for an objective playlist and turn "Team Halo 2 Anniversary" into a Slayer playlist.

Nice bit of humility in excluding Halo 4 from the TS playlist. I'd have liked dedicated 8v8 hoppers for 2 and 3. All Slayer playlists mixed with Objective? Where's Fyrewulf with the retention stats. Team Hardcore sounds promising. I don't know what the E-sport playlist refers to or what game it's going to use...

I assume all of these lists are ranked barring the explicitly social one?

Weapon starts, objective settings and map selection for each game and hopper would have been useful. This is a very, very broad outline. From what we've seen though, could have been a lot worse.

Havok

No 2v2 when it was CE's best mode and by definition doesn't require as large of a population as bigger matches, duplicated functionality between eSports and Hardcore (I feel like those two will cannibalize each other's demographic, unless they're somehow wildly different), only FFA in the game is H2A, redundancy with H2A and H2A social (I don't see why the social playlist exists as-is, honestly. Is it for guest parties? If so, why is it only H2A?).

List is weird. I hope we get specifics - I want to know what the weighting for Slayer is in the game-specific playlists.

Mix

I'm in love with the playlists. It seems like SWAT is going to be the odd man out, being in rotation first. Who knows, maybe it'll be double the following week.

Ugh, I hate server browsers. You're left with almost all the servers playing 3 or 4 of the most popular options and maybe a couple more with no one in them.

I've always preferred the more structured approach of matchmaking. Makes finding games with friends easier as well.

Whynotboth.gif

Counter Strike manages it pretty well.

Dun worry there will be weekly rotational lists and consistent updates.

Ah, good news.

Impala26

Dun worry there will be weekly rotational lists and consistent updates.

*Prays for an Team Action Sack Playlist*

Solid Day One playlist selection though. The omission of Team Doubles does seem a bit of head-scratcher, but I'll live. Some sort of split of BTB (no sure how) could be warranted as well, but I'm biased because I really just want to play all those glorious, massive Halo PC exclusive maps for Halo CE on Xbox Live for the first time.

Impala26

If a rotational proves hugely popular it will be considered for more permanent status. The footprint of the game and the population drive this.

^^^ TRUE DAT ^^^

I do love how this has basically been the Bungie/343 M.O. with playlists. Oftentime formerly "experimental" gametypes become fully dedicated playlists once they're discovered to be popular. This was the case for SWAT, Team Snipers, Grifball, Action Sack and others I'm probably forgetting.

Rockyrock

If a rotational proves hugely popular it will be considered for more permanent status. The footprint of the game and the population drive this.

Frank I know that coming up with the playlists for this collection was extremely difficult and it's possible to satisfy everyone.

Im just going to ask that you guys consider making the CE playlist 2v2 by default. CE plays a lot better in 2v2 compared to 4v4 (esp. in slayer) Not to mention the heavy majority of people that are even interested in playing CE in the collection are used to playing primarily 2v2.

Do we really want people to experience 4v4 on great small maps like prisoner, chillout, ect.

Warthog can be easily taken out by energy drainer, plasma pistol, plasma grenades, brute shot, rockets, missile launcher, or turret.

Plenty of ways to take it out.

It depends on the map, but basically none of those are quite effective enough to balance the hog except maybe the missile launcher. The hog turret is so powerful that it's very hard to get close enough to use any of those with a good chance of success on a lot of maps.

It depends on the map, but basically none of those are quite effective enough to balance the hog except maybe the missile launcher. The hog turret is so powerful that it's very hard to get close enough to use any of those with a good chance of success on a lot of maps.

That's definitely not true from my experience. Every single BTB maps in Halo 3 had multiple ways of taking out the Warthog. It sounds like you just didn't utilize them effectively.

HaloGAF Halo 3 customs played incredibly well without the laser.

Booties

Banned
^^My halo 3 vehicle kill count begs to differ. Stop whining about an 8 year old game's starting weapons, it wont' change.

Laser was the best weapon in Halo 3. Made BTB way more balanced. RIP if you disagree because you are a scrub and probably got lasered all day every day.

VinFTW

Considering these are DAY ONE playlists, I say good f'ing job 343. For me, this is everything I could have wanted plus things I didn't know I wanted...

Of course, with all Halo's, new playlists will come and rotate out, etc.

Tawpgun

Yeah for Day one its pretty good. Having too much playlist variety stretches the population thin.

That being said,

Stinkles, will we get to know the gametypes within each playlist? And the settings of them? It seems Hardcore and Esports are kinda redundant

Top Bottom