• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Can someone explain to me the re-roll process? Is everyone doing this without actually starting the game, or can you do it once you're a little way in?

TimeKillr

As I said in the other thread, I got stupidly lucky in my initial 2 rolls:

Zeus + Arthur. I think I'm set with this account!

My ID is 334,567,692,558 if anybody wants to add me. We should get a good doc rolling like we have for PAD.

JoeFu

Banned
Haha happy to see the line chat explode. So easy to find games to join! Now if only everybody got stickers and started spamming in there....

Draxal

Can someone explain to me the re-roll process? Is everyone doing this without actually starting the game, or can you do it once you're a little way in?

After you do your first premium roll (which is really early in this game compared to other games). If you don't get a good unit you reset the game data (method depends if you're on Ios/android/rooted etc).

LtOrange

Co-op has been really laggy for me. The internet I am on is 50 Mbps down, so I can't understand why. I am on a iPhone 5s...anyone have any ideas what it could be?

After you do your first premium roll (which is really early in this game compared to other games). If you don't get a good unit you reset the game data (method depends if you're on Ios/android/rooted etc).

What's the process for rerolling on a non-rooted Android phone? Do you have to delete the entire game and then redownload all the updates each time? Is there a way to do it using a file manager app or something?

Lockon

Question. Are all the monsters in the tier list in the game right now? I'm asking because all I see are people talking getting Zeus, Arthur, and Harley X.

Draxal

Question. Are all the monsters in the tier list in the game right now? I'm asking because all I see are people talking getting Zeus, Arthur, and Harley X.

Most of them aren't.

What's the process for rerolling on a non-rooted Android phone? Do you have to delete the entire game and then redownload all the updates each time? Is there a way to do it using a file manager app or something?

Go to apps, manage apps, find Monster Battle, then click clear data. Clearing the cache doesn't work.

Rooting it makes the process much faster.

Jinko

Finally, took their time localising this, was almost ready to give up.

I will re-roll for a bit but I won't be doing it all day like some do :S

Go to apps, manage apps, find Monster Battle, then click clear data. Clearing the cache doesn't work.

Rooting it makes the process much faster.

Alright thanks. Definitely going to do this at home though, because it's using about 100 megs of data everytime I reroll. Glad I checked, otherwise I'd burn through my data in no time.

So am I doing a disservice by *not* re-rolling, then? Am I just going to hit a wall later on?

I apologize for what are seemingly stupid questions, but I have no idea how these games work. I never played P&D.

Also, do monster colors matter in the actual battles? Do I want balance?

edit: To be clear, I'm currently using my starting Dragon and two 5-star monsters.

Tobe

2 accs, no 5 stars :( gonna reroll for hours later, have cooking class today till 2pm est.

game is pretty fun. but like pad if you dont have the good rolls eventually you gonna get stuck.

Credo

I just got my first iphone 3 days ago, and I don't know how to go about clearing data on here for purposes of re-rolling. Could someone tell me how to do it? I know I'm supposed to delete the data10.bin file, but I don't know how to get to that.

Hige

Has anyone been able to clear the co-op missions in the mission log? I've already cleared the stage solo, but when I click attempt (Koblin Klobberin mission) it says the stage is not accessible yet.

Dunlop

I got a couple of super rares

Is this like P&D where I should just keep doing the tutorial until I get a God or whatever the quivilant is?

Ducati
Tristan
Dear Lotta

edit: ah they are all 4 stars, reroll it is

Draxal

So am I doing a disservice by *not* re-rolling, then? Am I just going to hit a wall later on?

I apologize for what are seemingly stupid questions, but I have no idea how these games work. I never played P&D.

Also, do monster colors matter in the actual battles? Do I want balance?

edit: To be clear, I'm currently using my starting Dragon and two 5-star monsters.

Yes and no. Tier lists change all the time as underpowered units can get a new evolve that brings them up.

Gacha games are heavily RNG driven. So with all the free units were getting it just depends on luck.

Boogdud

Just downloaded and finished the tutorial, I got a Harley X 5 star with null gravity barrier. That's good right? I honestly have no idea but I see people talking about 5 stars and pulls..

fek

Am I doing something wrong? Every game I try to join I get a "Try Again" message and if I try to create one myself I get a communication error

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So yeah those 35 stamina boss battles are no joke. You better know the game mechanics or you will bleed some orbs in order to survive. But we had to see it through to see what awaits you later on.

Thanks to the group for fighting through, it did take some time - hope to be prepared better next time.

Next goal is to manage the dungeon without using more than two orbs ....
KuGsj.gif

Edit:

And for next time i will wait for a full group, having to manage two characters with different mechanics and playstyle was kinda taxing. In general it would be wise to prepare and discuss the monsters needed before such a dungeon.

Am I doing something wrong? Every game I try to join I get a "Try Again" message and if I try to create one myself I get a communication error

Might just have bad data?

If you create yourself without using social messaging (the Line group mainly) then you're creating a local group, so only people playing within a certain distance will find it. If you're using Line (create group, invite through the Line Group) then you have to click on the Line link also.

EDIT: Do you have a chance to catch all the bosses, or is it just some of them?

KimChi

Has anyone been able to clear the co-op missions in the mission log? I've already cleared the stage solo, but when I click attempt (Koblin Klobberin mission) it says the stage is not accessible yet.

That is a typo, you should be able to clear that mission by doing Prince of Koblins under "Strikers Unite!" unless I'm remembering wrong.

Been having fun with the game so far and got nobunaga, zeus, apollo x, mundus from rare summons.
Btw, those of you rerolling aren't rerolling after first rare summon are you? cause if you play co-op with 10 different people thats another 50 gems(5gems each person) and another 5 gems from completing the tutorial.

Ducarmel

I have Eclipse but, still reroll a few times when I run out of stamina to try my luck for something better. So far I got Wildcat and 2 Merlins, are they good?

If any of you guys are tired of rerolling and cant get any 5 stars I don't mind giving them away.

Faiz

I must be the only person who didn't re-roll, and now I'm rank 13. Is it worth it?

You're not the only person. Though I wish Id rerolled now kinda. Still thinking about it but really not wanting to start over completely.
I just have nightmares of rerolling PAD and by the time I got something i was ok sticking with, I'd burned myself out on it and didn't even want to look at PAD anymore.

You're not the only person. Though I wish Id rerolled now kinda. Still thinking about it but really not wanting to start over completely.
I just have nightmares of rerolling PAD and by the time I got something i was ok sticking with, I'd burned myself out on it and didn't even want to look at PAD anymore.

I'm worried about this if I restart. I mean, it can't be *that* essential, can it? I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far, and I'm not sure if my party is anything respectable.

Guys, I wouldn't sweat the re-rolling honestly, just have fun and if you get 'really' stuck the best part is that you can gain orbs and rolls through playing MP which doesn't cost you stamina.

Just like PAD I ended up with a team not even close to what my 're-roll' starters were. I imagine something like Godfest will happen also which is kind of going on during this launch anyway.

Shouta

You get a lot of Orbs in this game as the group gives them out like candy honestly. But during the launch period, the Orb gatcha gives out 4 star minimum with 5 star ones occasionally, no 3 stars at all. So if you really want to get a 5 star, this is the best time to do it. But the 4 stars can evolve into super powerful units as well so it's not as essential if you don't want to spend the time doing it, lol

Damaniel

Banned
You get a lot of Orbs in this game as the group gives them out like candy honestly. But during the launch period, the Orb gatcha gives out 4 star minimum with 5 star ones occasionally, no 3 stars at all. So if you really want to get a 5 star, this is the best time to do it. But the 4 stars can evolve into super powerful units as well so it's not as essential if you don't want to spend the time doing it, lol

Yep - if you play co-op matches, you get 5 orbs every time you play with a person you haven't played with before. There's at least 100 people subscribed to the GAF Line group already, so do the math and join us ;)

J0dy77

How does the co-op play work? Is it local only or can I be matched with anyone/anywhere? I keep searching but never find anyone. Thinking it is just because the game is new.

I guess I was a bit presumptuous in assuming people were familiar with how PAD works.

Rerolling and data management
Rerolling is the equivalent of save scumming in a traditional single player game. By resetting the game until you took one of certain units, you can ensure you are well equipped for the endgame without having to spend any money from the outset.

The default way to reroll is to just delete the app and download it from the store again. Accounts are all stored server-side, so this is the equivalent of making a new account all over again. After getting your post-tutorial roll, you can get a second one quickly by entering the first quest and choosing "give up" from the menu.

Depending on your particular setup, you can shortcut the reroll process to go even faster.
iOS: You can use a program like iFunbox to view the files contained within the app yourself. By force quitting Monstrike, deleting data10.bin, and starting the app up again, you can restart the tutorial without having to download any additional hotfixes.

Android: Unfortunately to do the same thing, you need to have a rooted device. You can go into the app's settings and clear all local content to avoid having to redownload the base app, but this also gets rid of any hotfixes that are required.

Data migration
Since the only identification for your login is that single file, it's important to keep a backup of it if you have access to it! Generally speaking data10.bin isn't stored in the cloud, so you need to use a transfer code (found in the help menu) to move your account between devices. This also means you can't play the game with the same account on multiple devices - you can attempt copying data10.bin to each of them, but safety is not guaranteed.

Hige

That is a typo, you should be able to clear that mission by doing Prince of Koblins under "Strikers Unite!" unless I'm remembering wrong.
Yeah, it turned out to be a typo like you said, thanks! It's a co-op-only mission I hadn't unlocked yet and not the solo mission that can also be played in co-op.

Damaniel

Banned
How does the co-op play work? Is it local only or can I be matched with anyone/anywhere? I keep searching but never find anyone. Thinking it is just because the game is new.

It's local - supposedly it finds people within a few miles of you. Useful if you live in Japan, where everyone's playing and you could probably find a dozen games at any given time while commuting on the subway, but in America - not a chance. Fake location services don't seem to work, either.

That said, if you grab Line, there's plenty of people in the GAF group making co-op games to play.

Top Bottom