• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah after you unlock Haven. The people will say "It's her" or "It's him!". Weird thing is, that it seems to got worse the further I progressed. At first most people apart from world NPCs took me as a man, even Cassandra, but it seems now it's completely female.

You can avoid it by switching from male to female and back again a few times on the character creation.

Yeah, I could date Sera for instance (but I don't want to).

Hm. I'm not sure if I did or not, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Are you on PC or console?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kind of vague, been in Hinterlands for like 9 hours now. Only things I can't do are level 12... Still haven't gotten a single lock. :(

You have to kill templars.

Megasoum

Banned
Kind of vague, been in Hinterlands for like 9 hours now. Only things I can't do are level 12... Still haven't gotten a single lock. :(

Hmm that's weird... I don't remember doing anything special for looting those... I just got them naturally as I was doing other stuff in the zone.

So why does Varric's damage output suck so much? Even with a modded Bianca he hits for a pitifully low amount

How modded is Bianca? The damage increases come from the Arms mod. Bianca Arms III can be found in a
dungeon found towards the end of Hinterlands
, after doing
the Mercenary Fortress sidequest
. His damage scales up, it's just unfortunate how difficult it is to find those items that increase it. I have found one Bianca Arms II and one Bianca Arms III. They were both in the course of doing sidequests, I think. It'd be the easiest thing in the world to just... not run into any of the items that make Varric's bow remotely competitive.

Does anyone know where to get Fereldan lock? I need 5 to complete a quest.

FYI, the quest you're working on is essentially a repeatable rep grind quest. When you complete it, the Requisitions Officer at each of the Hinterlands camps will offer you another quest randomly chosen from the list of Hinterlands rep grind quests. It might even be the exact same quest. I wouldn't consider THAT quest part of 'completion,' or let it worry you.

Special C

How modded is Bianca? The damage increases come from the Arms mod. Bianca Arms III can be found in a
dungeon found towards the end of Hinterlands
, after doing
the Mercenary Fortress sidequest
. His damage scales up, it's just unfortunate how difficult it is to find those items that increase it. I have found one Bianca Arms II and one Bianca Arms III. They were both in the course of doing sidequests, I think. It'd be the easiest thing in the world to just... not run into any of the items that make Varric's bow remotely competitive.

FYI, the quest you're working on is essentially a repeatable rep grind quest. When you complete it, the Requisitions Officer at each of the Hinterlands camps will offer you another quest randomly chosen from the list of Hinterlands rep grind quests. It might even be the exact same quest. I wouldn't consider THAT quest part of 'completion,' or let it worry you.

I was wondering if these quests cycled and repeated. I think that's the last time I ever do one. I always have way more power than I need, and you don't get much Influence from them.

Zafir

Man, playing this is making me dislike Dragon Age 2 even more, lol. This is everything what the second game should have been.

It's just a shame about the bugs. My game seems to have Dorien's romance bugged. Just not getting
the scene with his father
which allows you to activate it. Which is unfortunate, as I wanted to see all the male ones in one playthrough(by reloading saves, of course).

Zukuu

Banned
I don't doubt it. It looks like a lot of people over at the Bioware forums are talking about it.
Well gonna play again... if they fix it in the mean time, fine, maybe I'll catch up. At least my char looks now better than before and has the better voice. :p

I don't need another 50 hours to get where I am, I can skip all talking and know where stuff is. Will be severely under leveled tho.

Nightmare is a bitch but I'm pushing through. Sera and Iron Bull are great. The only character I activity dislike is Blackwall, whom I have 0 approval with, so he tells me to fuck off whenever I talk to him. My first Keep seige was very lackluster. I thought there would be more to it honesty, but Skyhold is pretty great. Pretty damn good game so far, besides the removal of healers which is garbage imo.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's what DA Inquisition looks like on the PS3. Captures from the console.

Visuals may look a bit spartan, but thankfully the frame rate is very solid. I wouldnt say its a ROCK SOLID 30, but its a "most of the time" 30 with little drops here and there. In typical Frostbite fashion, the game renders with tiny black bars at the top and bottom, but at least its rendering in native resolution, not stretching.

dragonageinquisition_hwkfg.png

That's it? Alright.

Perks are cool, they let you get more XP for doing stuff, plus one important one allows your rogues to open "masterwork" locks, and sometimes some side quest items are locked behind masterwork locks, so it comes in really handy.

Zukuu

Banned
So, this seems pretty damned widespread.

Has Bioware mentioned anything about the gender bug and fixing it? It's a little annoying.
I twittered with the executive producer of the game and there is no eta. All he said was that they are aware of it and that it needs a proper patch to fix.

Megasoum

Banned
Perks are cool, they let you get more XP for doing stuff, plus one important one allows your rogues to open "masterwork" locks, and sometimes some side quest items are locked behind masterwork locks, so it comes in really handy.

Yeah I got the perk to get more potions tonight. Now I'm working toward the lockpick one.

yami4ct

Gotten quite a bit into this game and really enjoying it. Great world and super fun cast. Combat isn't what I came to Dragon Age for, but once I accepted that the old combat isn't coming back, I started having fun with it. Hoping around as an archer looking for high ground and destroying enemies with bow skills is pretty rad.

One thing I found interesting is seeing how many people are getting hung-up doing all the Hinterlands stuff. I think it must be a difficulty level issue. On hard, after a bit I started running into dudes too far past my ability to really mess with and had to move on. By that time I was perfectly leveled for the next main mission. I suspect if I was on normal. I could have steamed through a lot of those Level 8-12 guys and really over leveled. Can't imagine the game would be very fun if I could just steamroll through all the enemies.

Speaking of that, love how dangerous dragons are. I see one right now and I have to get away. They'll pretty much one shot my party member. Gives them some really great gravitas.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I can safely sell stuff listed under "Valuables" right? That crap really starts taking up inventory space.

A lot of the yellow icons are research items that you can you give away to your research table for some benefits as well as other possible uses. Otherwise, everything else is chaff.

Korten

Banned
Kind of happy that since my Warden romanced Leliana (both did ingame and made
sure to choose it on Keep), that if you bring up the Warden that she says that she
still loves him and will join him (or her) after the Inquisition's job is over. I like that. :D

Zukuu

Banned
After restarting, I can't tell you how much fun the game makes when everything is in order - they address me with the correct gender, I have the correct voice and look half decent. I have somehow even more fun than when I played it the first time. xD

Okay I see there are several quests at redcliffe in hinterlands but everytime I leave the camp closest to it and head north, a dragon firebombs me. Any easier way to get there?

Special C

Okay I see there are several quests at redcliffe in hinterlands but everytime I leave the camp closest to it and head north, a dragon firebombs me. Any easier way to get there?

Yea you can get there. There is another path. Can't explain it exactly but it was pretty easy, it's more western than the way through the Dragon.

Ethelwulf

so this is worth the $60?

Absolutely! If you enjoy playing rpgs like kingdoms of amalur, FFXII and skyrim this is pure gold! There is a feeling of exploration and that I've never encountered before. So menu unique and beautiful places to discover. 20+ hours here...

Korten

Banned

I found the first skull in Storm Coast, and can't find all 3 shards. I spotted 2, one on the cliff, and another one on the beach near a fallen tree. But I just can't find the third...

Ethelwulf

I found the first skull in Storm Coast, and can't find all 3 shards. I spotted 2, one on the cliff, and another one on the beach near a fallen tree. But I just can't find the third...

Not on topic but: make sure to visit all of the storm coast!
There are beautiful and hidden places all over it with cool loot
Good luck with the shard... Just cover the entire screen and it will pop.

Korten

Banned
Not on topic but: make sure to visit all of the storm coast!
There are beautiful and hidden places all over it with cool loot
Good luck with the shard... Just cover the entire screen and it will pop.

I found it... It was next to the island with the statue... In the water... dafaq.

Yasae

Banned
Nightmare is a bitch but I'm pushing through. Sera and Iron Bull are great. The only character I activity dislike is Blackwall, whom I have 0 approval with, so he tells me to fuck off whenever I talk to him. My first Keep seige was very lackluster. I thought there would be more to it honesty, but Skyhold is pretty great. Pretty damn good game so far, besides the removal of healers which is garbage imo.
I didn't really enjoy nightmare, the balance felt off. I had plenty of "I have full guard and hp oh no the enemy nearly killed me in one hit" experiences... As a 2H warrior. I mean I know that setting is supposed to be difficult but come on. The single-minded aggro and speed of certain enemies is very cheap.

I think healing is still a notable factor. Potions have no cooldown, base health potions are free (and their carry stock can be upgraded), and you can also equip regen potions etc. Downed allies can be revived for free in or out of battle - as long as you survive a fight with one person, you get your entire party back for the next one (albeit at low health). But you can just warp to a camp to rest and resupply.

The pacing and impact of battles is what they seemed to have wanted to change. It mostly works, and guides the player to use camps as a healing resource.

I really, really wish there were a) more Skyhold outfits for the Inquisitor (something that actually fit would be nice) and b) the Skyhold throne scaled for the Qunquisitor; dude looks seriously cramped.

Fiktion

Banned
I am completely fucking stuck on this sidequest in the
Fade

On the second fear. Can anyone tell me where I can find Proof of Survival? I've scanned the entire marked area a dozen times and came up empty.

edit: Nevermind had to stand right on top of the damn flowers.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
question can you eventually get some form of item storage? since its kinda crazy not to have one with how much shit you horde

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Any combat tips or guides? I don't really get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom