• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EO Untold 1-3 are games V, VI, and VII though. Maybe a super secret remake of four with a run button and grimoire stones is VIII!

ohlawd

community threads start here then they move to community side

guys I think that means EOV-X will come out at the same time. Special edition with all six games and body pillows of Raquna for $400!!@!@!@!@

Joyful

Guys...

(I don't want to link directly, because the image is huge.)

whats this from
the eo2 remake?

im p hype for a V since im on last dungeon of IV
I hope the series goes on forever, but id like to see maybe V have both classic and story mode without having to wait for a remake of it

Nachos

What does that mean?

whats this from
the eo2 remake?

im p hype for a V since im on last dungeon of IV
I hope the series goes on forever, but id like to see maybe V have both classic and story mode without having to wait for a remake of it

Why can't I quote my own posts? said:
So, does anyone think that the "D" and "X" websites might finally get revealed on Monday? If that X is supposed to be a multiplication symbol, then I think that some sort of crossover could be possible, like an Etrian-style Mystery Dungeon/Shiren the Wanderer game.
When the official site for SSQ2 went up, so did two other teaser sites, both projects of which haven't actually been revealed yet. At first I just thought the X was supposed to be a ×/cross to signify a crossover, but that image just got uploaded to the server for the X site. If whatever it is isn't getting revealed Monday, then it seems like it should still be revealed soon.

EDIT: Well, well...
Sielciel said:
It looks like the X turned into IX today. There are seemingly more changes to follow (http://sq-atlus.jp/x/images/tama.png), as if it is a countdown of sorts. Its end would conveniently fall on the start of the next month. The bubble also seems to react banally to computer clock changes.

http://sq-atlus.jp/sq5/ returns "403 Forbidden" instead of the "404 Not Found" any other nonexistent link gives (e.g. http://sq-atlus.jp/qwepqoweqpad/). Not even /sq#/ 1 to 4 return 403, and /ssq2/ redirects to the main page.

If the X really is a countdown, then something might be announced in 9 days, and if the 403 error has any significance, could it be related to the 5th numbered game? It'd be rather sudden, so soon after the release of another EO game. Alternatively, SQ5 could be announced during the upcoming live broadcast, with the countdown being for the opening of the site. The description of the broadcast does say there'll be a shocking reveal.

Zweizer

Banned
When the official site for SSQ2 went up, so did two other teaser sites, both projects of which haven't actually been revealed yet. At first I just thought the X was supposed to be a ×/cross to signify a crossover, but that image just got uploaded to the server for the X site. If whatever it is isn't getting revealed Monday, then it seems like it should still be revealed soon.

EDIT: Well, well...

Wouldn't it be a bit too soon for them to announce EO5? Weird.

spiritfox

Hopefully it's a game, and not some cross media promotion thing. Then again, I highly doubt they can do 2 EO games at the same time.

Griss

Well, I had 15 euros worth of trade in credit I had to spend after holding on to it for over 6 months, so I popped down the shop today and for the first time ever I saw a wild EOIV in the wild - for exactly 15 euro.

When fate tells me to buy a game, who am I to get in the way? I'm gonna put it on ice for a while though - currently working through Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2 and GTA V. From the demo, I feel like EO IV would be the perfect comfy winter game for Christmas. Playing in front of the fire on a long, cold, rainy night. Shit, I'm hyped already. Also very cool that it loaded my demo save, as I had 2-3 hours there already.

Nachos

Vita bubbles obviously.

Anyways EO5 would be good news, with that and DT2.2 i'd have my yearly dose of dungeon crawling.

Nah, they're stylized completely differently. "Tama" even means sphere, which isn't consistent with PlayStation's brand messaging, as far as I know. I'm prepared to be trolled, either way.

ohlawd

Nah, they're stylized completely differently. "Tama" even means sphere, which isn't consistent with PlayStation's brand messaging, as far as I know. I'm prepared to be trolled, either way.

you know how you want X to happen but then Y, the opposite of X, happens instead?

I'm ready.

I hope it's a shitty spinoff or whatever so I don't have to get it.

Shizuka

It would not be a bad thing, but this is a series in which the bottom screen has always been really important.

Very, with drawing maps and all, but since I'm one that could do without that part, I wouldn't miss it, even though I do know it's a big part for a lot of EO fans.

Shiina

Very, with drawing maps and all, but since I'm one that could do without that part, I wouldn't miss it, even though I do know it's a big part for a lot of EO fans.

I think you could make it work on the Vita. You could have a mini map in a corner of the screen that shows you your immediate surrounding and then you could blend in a slightly transparent full map by holding down L or R. That way you could draw on the map with your free hand.

EO isn't EO without map creation, but with how much they have dumbed down the series as of late... sigh.

I think you could make it work on the Vita. You could have a mini map in a corner of the screen that shows you your immediate surrounding and then you could blend in a slightly transparent full map by holding down L or R. That way you could draw on the map with your free hand.

Yeah, that could work.

Did the first three DS games have map creation?

yes, it's been a core feature since the beginning.

Honestly, not being into the map creation stuff is an easy way of spotting a new EO player, anyone that has been with the series since the DS days loves and appreciates it.

Zweizer

Banned
Stop making me paranoid about this shit.

Sorry. It's just because I'm getting paranoid about it myself.

It might be a console release though! The WiiU seems pretty well-suited for it.

yes, it's been a core feature since the beginning.

Honestly, not being into the map creation stuff is an easy way of spotting a new EO player, anyone that has been with the series since the DS days love and appreciates it.

Indeed. The series creator even explicitely stated that the map is a throwback to the dungeon crawlers of old where players had to draw maps on paper themselves. It's part of the charm of the series.

tuffy

The last time something weird and unexpected happened with the series we wound up with EO:Untold and/or Persona Q, so I'm anticipating something along those lines.

It seems less realistic that the developers have whipped up a whole new game engine for all new platforms midway through the generation. I don't think they've finished milking the EOIV engine for all its worth just yet.

ohlawd

The last time something weird and unexpected happened with the series we wound up with EO:Untold and/or Persona Q, so I'm anticipating something along those lines.

It seems less realistic that the developers have whipped up a whole new game engine for all new platforms midway through the generation. I don't think they've finished milking the EOIV engine for all its worth just yet.

tuffy, this makes sense. maybe too much.

therefore, the opposite will happen

Top Bottom