• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Arthea

I hope it doesn't get locked, I like it here, have nowhere else to go too ;__;

ya, I thought it worked pretty well at Autumn sale, oh well, we'll survive either way, no?
It's just that sales thread moves rather fast and had a lots of repeats. I mean nobody reads it past a few post if at all, so all questions are repeated several times, hard to follow because of how boring it gets after a while

I'm pretty sure there is no need to lock and nobody will lock it. What's the point? It's not in gaming, nobody goes here but us, and it doesn't repeat the same that sales thread does.

edited: oh, mrOrange wants it locked? but what for?

To force me to play games instead of post on GAF?

--

If I was told KI is coming to PC and then it doesn't...

Well...

Fulgore won't be happy.

fulgore-o.gif

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF did any of you guys/girls made Google Cardboard VR? I just saw that there is software that can be used for playing PC games with Cardboard VR (or any other setup that includes Android phone) and i want to make one now. :D

i wonder if im really going to get a key for Lara Croft 2 from gamersgate or not. Wonder if they'll avoid refunding me my money since i used paypal and i imagine that's a much bigger pain than if i had just punched in my CC#

JaseC!!!! What have you done to me?!
2014-12-10_13-13-17.png
Damn. You weren't joking around in the steam chat.
-
Hey frost, you were excited about this game. Look, it is coming to PC. Rejoice!
-
Morning!
not sure if this was posted already but the sale starts on the 18th :D
Time flies by.
-
Almost everything is more expensive in the EU than everywhere else (maybe except Australia)
Yep. EU gets shafted all the time. Not only game prices but hardware as well.
Someone should throw EU a bone or two from time to time.
-
Anyone lately getting gaf tabs constantly loading? Have to reload manually to get it fixed. Kinda annoying.

Also. Nice stuff speevy and experte.

_hekk05

Banned
I missed lara croft 2 + stick of truth steamworks for 20 bucks

so salty

i also need a good deal on wasteland 2 for winter seal. Steam pls

Monooboe

Those of you who are loosing your Lara Craft and the Temple of Osiris, are you in the EU? Because I wonder if the consumer law where a store has to sell a product to the price that they have set, even if its is a mistake applies to GG and it's costumers in the EU.

Those of you who are loosing your Lara Craft and the Temple of Osiris, are you in the EU? Because I wonder if the consumer law where a store has to sell a product to the price that they have set, even if its is a mistake applies to GG and it's costumers in the EU.

I'm from Argentina, no laws here, digital gunslingers can kill us all.

Personally, it really wasn't too much trouble flipping between this thread and the sales / news threads during the Autumn sale, but then again that was a smaller sale (I haven't been around long enough to know how hectic it may get during the big ones.)

I liked how this was open for critiques of the games / sale prices so that I could decide if I should buy a game or not. I hold a higher value of most of the opinions of the regulars who post here than those whom I'm not familiar with in a sale thread, especially the randoms who just come by during the big sales with not much to add beyond whether the price suits them. Would the Winter sale thread be open for discussions and semi-off topic stuff too?

Parsnip

Extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-FBBC7C6ECA190EAC - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Ichi -- MB-A1D15C21ABDA26E5 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Steel & Steam -- MB-154620BE2B99CF8D - Taken by sensoft04
C-Rush -- MB-E80B08D3C96F6005 - Taken by agniswarm
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-32EFD7C9DA7A5F5F - Taken by bobnowhere
Grimind -- MB-8E5F8D2DD9DCEC40 - Taken by mrks
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-91BCBECF440A91B3 - Taken by titch

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-D9B5EC656EE13F67

GaussTek

Another small giveaway. This one looks like a modern Asteroids.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey -- MB-7E86965478121E20 - Taken by bluechox2

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-EF26331591D7271C - Taken by bobnowhere
Chrome -- MB-4D2D43F90B6E2316
International Snooker -- MB-428D0D34C179EE1C - Taken by alr1ght
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-A312FD949983C7C1
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-102B87DB64AB929A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Iron Storm -- MB-FA417E74FB8A21C3 - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-AF85BC92532450FA
Tail Drift -- MB-B5E999F273DC5BD8 - Taken by Abomination
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-BBB265BCDA402341
Wickland -- MB-F3F67E57AF9DC6DF - Taken by Popstar
Epigenesis -- MB-450487FCC16A33D0
Dark Raid -- MB-09BDDED8B67C0E76
Ionball 2 -- MB-9D305B9171945A90 - Taken by nature boy

Giveaway
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ScreamingTrees, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-E438101178284AA2 - Taken by TheLight
To the Moon -- MB-0F2EEC3266966752 - Taken by D3RANG3D
Little Inferno -- MB-98BEBC75489A830D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I decided to look into when Sekai Project is releasing Paca Plus, and this is the most recent piece of information I could find on it, posted on November 17th.

Anonymous asked: Speaking of Alpacas, any updates on Paca Plus?

Ah, yes actually there was a bit of a problem at the alpaca farm the other day. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties with the machinery, things had to be pushed back a little. We deeply apologize, but we hope to get these alpacas out to you as soon as possible! - SM

I'm going to guess that it won't be on Steam until some time next year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haven't gotten refunded yet by GG. That's some bullshit though.

With all the price mistakes that GG tends to have, I suppose it was only a matter of time before it started clamping down on them, haha. That being said, it is unfortunate that the method of choice is refunding orders as opposed to, you know, updating its software so that the mistakes are exponentially less likely to happen.

what do you mean "after"? lol ... you're funny ;)

;)
Awww I bet you say this to every super monkey you meet.

You mean it's not day one DLC?

Hahaha almost, those beach costumes will make life easy for modders.

of course it is, he's joking, checking your alertness.

I never joke when I talk about nude mods.

Pretty much day one. I mean, given some of the existing outfits, it wouldn't be that hard to make one.

Great minds...

Faster than Durante fixed Dark Souls.

Measured on picoseconds then!

---
Thanks everyone :)

With all the price mistakes that GG tends to have, I suppose it was only a matter of time before it started clamping down on them, haha. That being said, it is unfortunate that the method of choice is refunding orders as opposed to, you know, updating its software so that the mistakes are exponentially less likely to happen.

This is only the second time they did it though right? Warlock 2 being the first, which was understandable. Didn't jump on it but it seems the The Evil Within mistake was honored? This really isn't that bad of a mistake tbh. They've had way worse.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-EB6ABBD6BC5CDCCA - Taken by iosefe

4.1GB update for The Evil Within with these incredibly in depth patch notes...

- Performance optimizations on Higher end GPU systems
- Fix for “The Power of Three” achievement unlocking incorrectly after upgrading the same weapon three times
- Count-based achievement progress persists when loading earlier saves for some trophies.

Parsnip

Finland here and I wonder too about that too.
I got my key and redeemed it immediately though, so I guess we'll see if they revoke it something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is only the second time they did it though right? Warlock 2 being the first, which was understandable. Didn't jump on it but it seems the The Evil Within mistake was honored? This really isn't that bad of a mistake tbh. They've had way worse.

Warlock 2 was slightly different insofar that the game was set to $0.00, so it was free -- Temple of Osiris is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time that GamersGate has refunded everybody who actually purchased something.

Monooboe

Finland here and I wonder too about that too.
I got my key and redeemed it immediately though, so I guess we'll see if they revoke it something.

Same here, I redeemed it directly and they have removed it from my GG account but it's still on my Steam, so I'm playing it right now till they do remove it.XD

Finland here also.:D Though originally from Sweden, here for studies.

Top Bottom