• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Backlog Blitz - Maybe this is the year where you finally make a difference

Alright, I'm going to try to do this.

Piratepwnsninja

Purchased in 2015:
GRAV

Completed:
The Longest Journey (4/5)

Bought: 1
Beaten: 1
Score: 0

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2

So I have a question...my backlog is actually creating decision paralysis, as I can't actually pick a game to play. Anyone else ever have this issue? If so, what did you do to get over it? I know it sounds like a stupid problem, and I'm frustrated my brain works this way, but I'd really like to get over it and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this issue.

So I have a question...my backlog is actually creating decision paralysis, as I can't actually pick a game to play. Anyone else ever have this issue? If so, what did you do to get over it?
I like having a library with a few different games in each of my favorite genres. If I feel like playing, say, an adventure game then I look at the games I have available and pick whatever seems the most fun. The only way for me to reduce the backlog is to focus on a small selection of games at the same time. If my time is divided between too many titles then I will likely drop some of them before completion.

I'm currently playing one game on my gaming PC in my home office (Valiant Hearts: The Great War), one in my living room (DriveClub), two in my girlfriend's apartment (Hearthstone, Ys: Memories of Celceta), and two while traveling (Desert Golfing, Chaos Rings).

Spyware

So I have a question...my backlog is actually creating decision paralysis, as I can't actually pick a game to play. Anyone else ever have this issue? If so, what did you do to get over it? I know it sounds like a stupid problem, and I'm frustrated my brain works this way, but I'd really like to get over it and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this issue.
I get it all the time. Beat five games during the first two days of this year and since that I can't even stay with a game for 10 mins due to this. I don't usually do anything special to get out of it, I just happens now and then. One thing I sometimes try to do that I know works for others, is to use a randomizer and stick with the game it chooses. Backloggery has a really good one.

I like having a library with a few different games in each of my favorite genres. If I feel like playing, say, an adventure game then I look at the games I have available and pick whatever seems the most fun. The only way for me to reduce the backlog is to focus on a small selection of games at the same time. If my time is divided between too many titles then I will likely drop some of them before completion.

I'm currently playing one game on my gaming PC in my home office (Valiant Hearts: The Great War), one in my living room (DriveClub), two in my girlfriend's apartment (Hearthstone, Ys: Memories of Celceta), and two while traveling (Desert Golfing, Chaos Rings).

I get it all the time. Beat five games during the first two days of this year and since that I can't even stay with a game for 10 mins due to this. I don't usually do anything special to get out of it, I just happens now and then. One thing I sometimes try to do that I know works for others, is to use a randomizer and stick with the game it chooses. Backloggery has a really good one.

Thanks! I went ahead and put all the things I want to finish into backloggery and used the randomizer. It actually picked something I'd thought about want to play too, so I'm taking it as a sign.

Sora_N

I flaked away for most of 2014, I had school and work all year. I'm sorta done school for now but I'm trying to force myself to not buy as many games. I hope this mentality helps me enjoy the games I already own.

My Backloggery

Bought
January:

February:
12th Humble Bundle Star Wars (Counting as one since the bundle was $12)
15th Monster Monpiece
24th Valhalla Knights 3 (Was $6)

March:
2nd Atelier Rorona Plus
9th Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1
17th South Park Stick of Truth (PS3)
Lego City Undercover (WiiU)
Bloodborne [NULL - Bought it but sold it without finishing]

April:
Pikmin 3
One Piece Unlimited World RED (Vita)
Captain Toad
Kingdom Hearts 2.5

May-Jun:
Final Fantasy XIV (Once I complete story I will count as complete)
Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward (same)
Batman Arkham Knight (NULL - traded in for it)
Sleeping Dogs (PS4 - Digital)
Life is Strange episode 1 (Steam)
Disney Infinity 2.0 PS4

Completed
January:
Battlefield 4 (SP)
Legend of Korra, The (PS4)

March:
4th Resident Evil 6 (All 4 Campaigns)
13th Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1

April:
Lego Marvel Superheroes [PS4]
Captain Toad

July:
Star Fox 64 3D

Score:

Currently Playing:
random

I'm always trying to crash through my gaming collection so I might as well take part in the Backlog Blitz this coming year with GAF. I've been heavily busy with my university duties for the time being, but I'm still interested in getting to view the end result stats.

Latest Update: 04/11/15

GodzillaDB's Backloggery
Beaten List for 2014: (24 total)
03/31 -- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
04/01 -- Dark Souls II (PS3)
05/14 -- Siren: New Translation (PS3)
05/22 -- Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)
05/31 -- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
06/10 -- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4)
06/12 -- Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (X360)
06/26 -- Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Episode 1 - Legend of the Golden Witch (PS3)
06/27 -- DoDonPachi Resurrection (X360)
07/16 -- Drakengard 3 (PS3)
07/23 -- Remember Me (PS3)
07/25 -- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
08/09 -- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
08/19 -- Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
09/01 -- Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
09/06 -- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
09/15 -- Metro 2033 Redux (PS4)
10/11 -- The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
10/13 -- The Last of Us: Remastered - Left Behind (PS4)
10/21 -- Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
10/24 -- Battlefield 4 (PS4)
11/05 -- The Evil Within (PS4)
11/20 -- Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4)
11/26 -- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Purchased in 2015: -9
02/23 -- Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
02/23 -- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
02/23 -- Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
02/23 -- Shadow Warrior (PS4)
03/16 -- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4)
03/25 -- Bloodborne (PS4)
04/07 -- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)
04/07 -- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (PS3)
04/11 -- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)
PO 07/31 -- Godzilla (PS4)
PO 09/01 -- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)

Beaten in 2015: +5
  1. 01/06 -- Alien: Isolation (PS4)
  2. 01/08 -- Alien: Isolation - Crew Expendable DLC (PSN)
  3. 01/16 -- Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings DLC (PSN)
  4. 03/09 -- Shadow Warrior (PS4)
  5. 03/23 -- Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Demo (PSN [Null])
  6. 04/11 -- Bloodborne (PS4)
Overall Score: -4

Currently Playing:
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)

marcincz

Let's start with this.

My backloggery

Bought in 2014: 1
1. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) - 04/01/2015

Beat in 2014: 1
1. Driveclub (PS4) - 04/01/2015

Current Score: 0

Currently Playing:
Driveclub (PS4)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PS3)
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've beaten four games this year. Huzzah.

Problem is, I bought about thirty in the last two weeks of the year.

Beilttog

Got a huge backlog so i'll join this

Games bought so far in 2015. 0

Games Beaten in 2015. 6

The Last of Us Remastered
Killzone Shadow Fall
Escape Plan
Infamous First Light *PS+ game*
Battlefield 4
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes

Total +5

Game Currently Playing: Halo

Rosur

Update:

I brought Hitman GO for my phone so updated list updated below.

Bought in 2015: 1
Beaten in 2015: 0
Score: -1

Bought In Jan:
  • Hitman GO
Beaten In Jan:
  • None yet
Currently Playing:
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
  • Thomas Was Alone (PS4)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
  • Hitman GO (Android)

dr labson

Neo Member
I'm in. Let's hope we all get a positive score this year.

Bought

Completed
  • No More Heroes (Wii)

Currently playing
  • No More Heroes 2 (Wii)

Backlog in order of priority
Punch-Out (Wii)
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3)
Alpha Protocol (PS3)

Score: -0/+1 (+1)

Het_Nkik

Filled out the Google survey and I'm posting in here to keep easy track of the thread once the month ends. Probably won't be able to beat as many games as I did last year, but I won't be buying as many, either.

Sora_N

I flaked away for most of 2014, I had school and work all year. I'm sorta done school for now but I'm trying to force myself to not buy as many games. I hope this mentality helps me enjoy the games I already own.

My Backloggery

Bought
January:

Completed
January:
Battlefield 4 (SP)
Legend of Korra, The

Score:
+2

Starting off strong.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
Update:

My backloggery

Bought in 2015: 0

Beaten in 2015: 2

Total: +2

Games beaten in 2015:
  1. Infamous 2 - 3/1/2015
  2. Infamous: Second Son - 11/1/2015
  3. Infamous: First Light (PS+) - 11/1/2015

Next Up:
Batman: Arkham Asylum

EDIT: First Light was way shorter than anticipated, not gonna make a new post for that.

MadSexual

I'm back for more after a pretty good 2014. I actually attribute a lot of that to this very thread. I'm skipping Backloggery this year, though I've still got it somewhat maintained. I'm deleting as I go rather than changing status. Easier to keep track of that way with so many games.

Beat in January:
* AC4: Black Flag (1/12)
* Sleeping Dogs (1/30)

Bought in January:

----
Beat in 2015: 2
Total Score: +2

marcincz

Middle of the month, so I decided to clean up my personal achievements with games.
Last saturday I bought Vita, so next gaming console on the board, next games and growing...backlog. However:

My backloggery

Bought in 2014: 2
1. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) - 04/01/2015
2. Killzone: Mercenary (PS Vita) - 10/01/2015
3. Welcome Park (PS Vita) - 10/01/2015 *free

Beat in 2014: 2
1. Driveclub (PS4) - 04/01/2015
2. Welcome Park (PS Vita) - 10/01/2015 *free
3. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) - 13/01/2015

Current Score: 0

Currently Playing:
Driveclub (PS4)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PS3)

Spyware

Been pondering how to do updates. I think I'll post around the 1st and 15th every month and keep the last post updated until it's time for a new one. (seems pretty pointless, I'll just post what happened since last post in the next one)
So these first two weeks I managed to beat 7 games and buy.. none! So I'd say that's a good start. Could be better, but I got stuck in Pokémon FireRed for 65 hours. GW2 also got another update that have and will take up time and I started a Pokémon Platinum Nuzlocke that's already taken up 20 hours of my playtime.
With a lot to do in GW2 and this Platinum playthrough taking up most of the time left I think the other half of this month will be a bit worse. But I'll do my best to keep my wallet closed the upcoming weeks too!

Backloggery

Bought: 0

None, yet.

Finished: 7

01-01-15 - Miasmata
01-01-15 - A Bird Story
01-02-15 - Hatoful Boyfriend
01-02-15 - Hexcells Plus
01-02-15 - Jazzpunk
01-07-15 - Another Code: Two Memories
01-11-15 - Pokémon FireRed

Total Score: +7

Onislash

Beat Rune Factory 4 and got Ys 1,2 Origins and Atelier Ayesha Plus

My backloggery

Bought in 2015: 4
Current Score: -2

Bought this month:

Ys I
Ys II
Ys Origins
Atelier Ayesha Plus

Beaten this month:

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Rune Factory 4

Playing :

The Guided Fate Paradox
Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time
Ys Origins

Priorities

The Guided Fate Paradox

Brashnir

First +1 for the year.

Finished Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. This was so close to being a great game, but a handful of missteps really drag it down.

At its core, it's a very good platformer with often clever level design, a suitable level of challenge alongside charming visuals and a great soundtrack. Several interface issues, along with some vestiges of poor old design decisions drag it down from a lofty rating and leave it as a game I really wish would get an overhaul with the next installment.

My main issue with the interface is the initial game startup. It requires a ridiculous 8 user inputs to start the game (7 if you're playing on the TV instead of the gamepad screen) and almost a full minute of loading before you can start actually playing. The load times do become shorter if you play a lot of the game in one sitting, but my playtime was largely spent loading the game, playing a single level or maybe two, and shutting it off until later. Granted, some of this is a special edge case for my personal play sessions of the game, but some of it could have been avoided.

First of all - why does it need so many user inputs to begin playing? You load the game up, and it says "Press the A button to start." After pressing A, you get a box that asks you to select your save file, which is understandable enough. Then, you're asked to choose your display (TV or gamepad), which does NOT remember your last choice, so if you're playing on the gamepad, you need to re-select it every single time. Then you are presented with a "select your mode" screen, which inexplicably waits for you to press a completely unnecessary button to log in as player 1, and then asks you if you're using the D-pad or the analog stick. After you choose, it pops up another box asking you if you're sure you want to play single player. After you confirm that, it pops up another box, telling you that you can change these settings in the options menu.

You know what? How about you just remember my settings from last time, and let me change them in the options menu if I want to do something else, so I don't have to button through 6 screens every time I start the game.

Once you're in the game, the overworld map is another tedious timesink. For what is effectively a menu screen, it makes you wait for the character to animate and run all the way to the next option before taking another input. In later stages, the movement from level to level is a barrel-shooting animation which takes even longer, and even sometimes inexplicably shoots DK to a second, completely unnecessary barrel, before finally shooting him to the destination. I mean, what the fuck? When game designers sacrifice base functionality for the sake of presentation, it always rubs me the wrong way, and this is a really obnoxious offender. The item shop is also a level on the map rather than simply being in the pause menu, so you have to drag DK's slow ass all the way to the shop via the overworld every time you want to go there. On the plus side, at least the game has the courtesy not to kick you out to the overworld every time you die like the New Super Mario Bros games, and also doesn't require the idiotic manual saves those games do, so I guess it's a bit of a step up.

There are also still a lot of issues with old game design ideas that don't really work that well in practice. Using DK's pals as powerups is one of those things that makes a certain amount of sense, but specifically as a game design choice, it leaves a lot to be desired. When you have one of the pals, you can hover, jump higher or both, depending on which one you get. If you take damage twice, you lose the helper, returning you to normal DK mode. This certainly has the effect of making the pals useful, but it's a bit of backwards game design. In practical use, it makes the game easy for good players who rarely get hit, as they almost always have a powerup. Poor players on the other hand are required to endure hard mode as DK when they get hurt and lose their helper. Making the game harder for poor players as a default mechanic can't be seen as good design. It's something that has been a problem with the Mario games in the past as well, but I find it more severe here since the DK pals are better powerups than most upgrades in Mario games - a few exceptions aside.

The notion of lives is also an unnecessary mechanic for games of this sort. Lives make sense in score-attack games, or games where you are expected to clear the full game in a set number of attempts, but in a game like this where it is a long campaign and the players is expected to keep working their way through it without resetting to the beginning, they're a pointless holdover from a time gone by. The real evidence of this is if you run out of lives in this game. (I never did while playing it normally, but I started a new save and died on 1-1 a few times to test it out) Your penalty for running out of lives is to have the game give you 5 more, just like modern Mario games. The game acknowledges that it doesn't see game over as a viable punishment, so why hang on to the contrivance that is lives?

I know this all sounds pretty negative, but on the whole I do like the game. I like it enough that I'd like to see it be a much better game by getting rid of some of its less desirable elements.

Overall score - 3/5

Finished in 2015: 1
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 3/5

Backlog Blitz 2015 Score: +1

Yuterald

Bought in 2015: 2

Brandish - PSP/PSN
After Burner II 3D - 3DS/eShop

Crimson Clover: WORLD IGNITION
Faxanadu

Total: 0

So, I've replayed/cleared a few games I've already beaten before, but since this is technically a backlog challenge, I'm not going to count them. I just bought two games the other day, but I cleared my second game of the year, so I'm even at the moment (won't last much longer, though...).

Just finished Faxanadu on the NES (through the Wii's VC) last week for the first time. One of the best NES games I've ever played. Falcom representing the late 80's hard.

Bought
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
Crimson Shroud
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei 4

Beat
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

Score: -3

Currently playing Solatorobo: Red The Hunter

NHale

Decided to jump in and join you, maybe I will finally get results (if only I stopped buying games or keep playing full seasons of sports games...). I believe my current backlog is now around 80 so I have a good opportunity to be positive this year considering the January 1st clean slate.

If only I was able to resist sales on games when I already have this backlog. I bought Danganronpa but thankfully Amazon had a little problem processing my order of Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Bought in 2015:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Jetpack Joyride Deluxe
Infamous First Light (PS+)*
The Swapper (PS+)*
Prototype 2 (PS+)*
DuckTales Remastered (PS+)*
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (PS+)*
Woah Dave! (PS+)*
Fat Princess: Piece of Cake (Free)*
Destiny of Spirits (Free)*

Beat in 2015:

04.01.2015 - Pure Pool
05.01.2015 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War
11.01.2015 - Woah Dave! (PS+)*
13.01.2015 - Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (PS+)*
15.01.2015 - Jetpack Joyride Deluxe

Score:

+1

Backlog games that I'm currently playing:

Destiny of Spirits
DuckTales Remastered
The Swapper
Jak 3

nonnocere

Backloggery

Finished in 2015:1
DuckTales Remastered (PS3) - 16/20 trophies will shoot for a few more

Currently Playing:
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3) - co-op only

Score: +1

If you're up for a little extra challenge, make sure to play platformers with your kids. "No, jump over THERE. No, THERE." So helpful. Gaming by committee.

First update. I've struck in both directions, so I'm still even.

Backloggery

Shovel Knight

Beaten in 2015: 1
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Score: 0

Currently playing:
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Ys: Oath in Felghana, The Wolf Among Us

Danganronpa 2 was great. It started out slower than the first game, but the last half in particular was fantastic. Had I beaten it a couple of days sooner I probably would have moved it up a couple of slots on my Game of the Year list (but I still prefer the first overall). I picked a good game to get out first.

My unfinished percentage on Backloggery is back below 66% with this. I'd like to get it closer to 60% by the end of the year.

1/18/15 Update
Backloggery

Well, like last year, I'm starting strong at least. Got a lot of gameplay in the past couple of weekends and tried tackling a few shorter games I've had in the queue. I also finally beat Halo 4 in the Master Chief Collection, which was the only Halo game I hadn't beaten (sold my 360 before it came out).

Beat in 2015: +5
Current Score: +5

Bought
January (+0)
  • Nothing!
Beaten:
January (+5)
  • Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
  • Bayonetta 2
  • LittleBIGPlanet 3
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Currently Playing:
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

mrpookles

I held firm pretty well throughout the year, until the Steam sale and playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for two months destroyed me. Ended up with about a -15.

Beat in 2015:1
Current Score: +1

Bought:
None

Beaten:
Far Cry 4 (PC)

Currently playing:
NBA 2K15 (PC)

dr labson

Neo Member
Update time.
So far so good. Could be better though.
I'm trying so hard to resist buying the games that are on sales.

I haven't bought that many games yet.
I also completed MGS 4 and Karate Master 2. Lots of awesome moments in MGS 4.

The pacing feels really crammed for me.
Too much going on and too much nanomachines.
I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're a metal gear fan.

As for Karate Master 2, it's basically a karate simulator/brawler.
It's pretty good. You train and fight a bunch of dudes with different fighting styles with your karate.

Bought

• Karate Master 2 Knock Down Blow (PC)
  • Lisa The Painful RPG (PC)

Completed

• No More Heroes (Wii)
  • Karate Master 2 Knock Down Blow (PC)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Currently playing
No More Heroes 2 (Wii)

Backlog in order of priority

• Punch-Out (Wii)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
  • Deadly Premonition Director's Cut (PS3)
  • Alpha Protocol (PS3)

Score: -2/+3 (+1)

mats effect

Neo Member
Want to try and get though some of my awful backlog this year.

Backloggery (Not even added everything to this yet ugh)

Bought in 2015:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Resident Evil 1 HD
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Grey Goo

Beaten in 2015:
Far Cry 4

Currently Playing:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Metal Gear Solid 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
Grey Goo

Total: -3

I'm successfully off to a bad start. Just bought Wind Waker HD, being I already owned it for Gamecube does this count as a -1?

No, you don't have to count it if it's (kinda) double-dipping. But then you wouldn't count it as +1 when you beat it either unless the Gamecube game was still on your backlog.

Bought in 2015:
FEZ -1
Guacamelee STCE -1
Resogun -1
Retro City Rampage -1
Shovel Knight -1

Beaten in 2015:
Call of Duty: AW +1

Currently Playing:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Grand Theft Auto V
Guacamelee
Wind Waker HD (won't count it since I 100% the GCN version already)

So my total is -4, if I'm doing this correctly?

You know, doing this with the 52 game in a year challenge should bring the optimized results to destroying the backlog, two challenges about playing games, one have a set goal that helps you remain motivated and not spending time on unnecessary things, and this challenge that encourages you to not buy new games, and only play old ones.

Okay my status so far

Bought: 0

Completed: 5

Kagero: Deception
Spyro 1
Donald Duck ps1
Klonoa gate to Phantomile
Bomberman World

Currently playing:

Okami (Ps3) it should count cause its my first time playing it, and its on my backlog for quite some time

Magaman Legends (Ps1)

ZoE HD (Ps3) same reasons as Okami

just curious, how do you guys log digital Xbox One & PS4 games? since there's no XBLA/PSN equivalent for those systems set up in backloggery...

and how do you guys log Games with Gold games?

When the PSN was a new thing I used to log downloadable games as PSN with PS1 or PS3 as the original system. Now that downloadable games are as common as physical games I just log them in the same category.

For PS+ freebies I set ownership to subscription and add a [PS+] tag. Aren't Games with Gold permanent gifts? Then I would just add them to the main category.

When the PSN was a new thing I used to log downloadable games as PSN with PS1 or PS3 as the original system. Now that downloadable games are as common as physical games I just log them in the same category.

For PS+ freebies I set ownership to subscription and add a [PS+] tag. Aren't Games with Gold permanent gifts? Then I would just add them to the main category.

games with gold are permanent gifts on 360, but on Xbox One it's the same as PS+. i mainly have a dilemma when it comes to logging digital versions of retail games. for example, I have a digital Mirror's Edge on PS3. should i throw that under PS3, or under PSN? decisions, decisions. also dunno if i should throw my digital Wii Fit U under Wii U or Wii U Downloads.

DarkOneX

Bought

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PC)
Saint's Row 4 (PS3)
Trials Fusion (PS4)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Anarchy Reigns (PS3)
Destiny (PS4)
Madden NFL 25 (PS4)
Drive Club (PS4)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Titanfall (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Pro Edition (PS4)
Halo: Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS4)
Super Smash Bros (Wii U)
Forza 5 GOTY Edition (Xbox One)
The Crew (PS4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)
Far Cry 4 (PS4)
Diablo 3 (PS4)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)
Little Big Planet 3 (PS3)

Finished:

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Diablo3 PC
Trials Fusion
Mario Kart 8
Last of US Remastered
Destiny
Call of Duty AW
Halo 4
GTA 5
The Crew (just today)
Dragon Age Inquistion (just today)
Far Cry 4

Spyware

just curious, how do you guys log digital Xbox One & PS4 games? since there's no XBLA/PSN equivalent for those systems set up in backloggery...

and how do you guys log Games with Gold games?
I had digital only games for PS3 under the PSN category (and didn't really like that since ut already sort of clashed with Vita) until i got the PS4. From then on I started to put them into the respective console categories instead, but put PSN in the "Original system" field. So it's like "Resogun - PS4 (PSN)" and "Tokyo Jungle - PS3 (PSN)".

I don't have Gold for the Xbox but if I had I would mark them with Subscription (instead of owned) just like I do with PS+ games.

Sora_N

I had digital only games for PS3 under the PSN category (and didn't really like that since ut already sort of clashed with Vita) until i got the PS4. From then on I started to put them into the respective console categories instead, but put PSN in the "Original system" field. So it's like "Resogun - PS4 (PSN)" and "Tokyo Jungle - PS3 (PSN)".

I don't have Gold for the Xbox but if I had I would mark them with Subscription (instead of owned) just like I do with PS+ games.

I should do that too

I always start to keep track and then just forget about this and stop after a month or two, so in the interest of consistency, here we go! (And because I won't be back, so long!)

Bought (-)

Nothing so far this year!

Completed (+2)

Greed Corp (Steam, ~11 hrs): I was looking through my Steam list for my first game of 2015, thought I'd keep it short/small/indie and decided to peep something I already had an achievement for via the Steam holiday sale achievement hunt thing back in 2011 (yikes, has it been that long? and sadly, this isn't the only such game I've neglected). This is a pretty cool and simple strategy game. The concept of it is novel though unfortunately I found little to warrant engagement beyond the 10 hour mark. Since the terrain disappears rapidly, matches tend to be short and push aggressively towards the same limited set of moves. I wrapped up the campaign missions and called it a day. Neat while it lasted, though.

Assassin's Creed III (Steam but still Uplay, worthless broken software that it is, ~29 hrs): For a while, I was convinced this was the best AC game so far. I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but I love history and I've loved each game's recreation of historical cities. I find the games quite engaging just for the art and level design. The gameplay itself is eh not so good, and the writing/storytelling generally poor. I was initially skeptical of the American Revolution setting for an AC game but I ended up loving it. I thought the opening segments were great, loved the big plot twist, and enjoyed seeing major events in the Revolution through Connor's eyes. However, the game massively shits the bed in the second half. A surprisingly engaging story and cast of characters are squandered through nonsensical plot twists, inconsistent characterization, an exceptionally poor sense of pacing and an even worse understanding of narrative drama. What starts out looking promising just ends up being - surprise! - more Ubisoft bullshit. Oh well. I enjoyed throwing the tea overboard, though. That was awesome.

Score: +2

First off, thank you Brashnir for your review of Tropical Freeze. I don't know if I will end up getting the game (I think I will but will have low to moderate expectations), but that really helped me understand the game.

I have to figure out which DS Castlevania I want to start with first as well. I am thinking it should be Portrait or Dawn, Order, then the last DS one. I can never decide even though I want to save the best one in Metroid-like exploration and post-game features for last. Can anyone give an opinion or advice on this please?

Anyway...here we go. :) That -16 isn't looking that likely right now.

Games bought this month (1)
Yumina the Ethereal

Games finished this month (1)
Gradius 4

Games removed from list (1)
Might and Magic 7

Currently playing (5)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (I'm sure this game will be here beyond this year)
You Don't Know Jack Vol. 3

On hold (2)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
Dragon's Crown

Progress for January: 0
Total score: 0

Yuterald

Brandish - PSP/PSN
After Burner II 3D - 3DS/eShop
Resident Evil REmake HD - PS4/PSN
Grim Fandango Remastered - PS4/PSN (pre-ordered)

Beaten in 2015: 3

Crimson Clover: WORLD IGNITION
Faxanadu
Bonk's Adventure

Total: -1

Bonk's Adventure

Just finished Bonk's Adventure on the virtual console this afternoon and loved it. Was able to 1CC the game too (had about 10 lives left after beating the final boss as well). Randomly decided to play it last night, got to the final boss with no lives and got sort of stuck on the boss rush after hitting my first continue. Decided to replay the game for real this morning and played better, stocked more lives, did more bonus rounds, etc. and fucking nailed a run with a score of 100,000+. Never was really exposed to/into Bonk back in the day, but I'm all about it now.

Man, the most satisfying stuff I've played so far this year were two old school games. Between Bonk and Faxanadu, I've had the most fun returning to my Virtual Console library than anything else I'm in the middle of. Good times!

Yuterald

Nice! Played that a lot when I was a kid. I don't think I ever finished it... I should get to that!

Yeah, man. I've been meaning to make a LTTP for the game because I liked it so much. It was probably one of the most coherent and enjoyable NES games I've played in the longest time. Despite the NES being my first system as a kid, I find it difficult to return to particular games. I never played Fax as a kid, but I love Falcom, so I've always been meaning to sit down with the game and give it a proper playthrough. It had to have been one of the most no-nonsense old school experiences I've ever had. 10 hours, no guides needed, saw and did everything on my own with little to no hang-ups. Has already become one of my favorite games on the system now.

Rosur

Brought Saint Row IV: Re-elected and Gat out of Hell this weekend

Beaten in 2015: 0
Score: -2

Bought In Jan:
Hitman GO
Saint Row IV: Re-elected and Gat out of Hell
Beaten In Jan:
None yet
Currently Playing:
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
Gat out of Hell (PS4)
Hitman GO (Android)

Onislash

Beat Ys I, Ys II, Ys Origins, The Guided Fate Paradox, Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time and Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

My backloggery

Beaten in 2015: 9
Current Score: 5

Bought this month:

Ys I
Ys II
Ys Origins
Atelier Ayesha Plus

Beaten this month:

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Rune Factory 4