• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

I liked WO3U better than DW8.

On Vita? Both aren't that hot, from what I gathered. Scaled down visible enemy count, bad frame rate even in musou terms and other technical hiccups were reported on several boards.

The games themselves are both solid, although I'd give the nod to WO3U for its ridiculous amounts of content (honestly crazy) and more fun battle system. DW8 has updated movesets and a better story, but if you don't really care for Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms and just want to battle giant armies, I'd definitely say get WO3U.

Out of those two, WO3U. Honestly, DW Next is still the best musou game on the Vita for me, even with all of its annoying launch game gimmicks.

Thanks, gonna grab it alongside Nep Rebirth and Natural Doctrine.

bobohoro

So which is the best musou game, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or Dynasty Warriors 8? Both are on sale but I can only grab one.

On Vita? Both aren't that hot, from what I gathered. Scaled down visible enemy count, bad frame rate even in musou terms and other technical hiccups were reported on several boards.

The games themselves are both solid, although I'd give the nod to WO3U for its ridiculous amounts of content (honestly crazy) and more fun battle system. DW8 has updated movesets and a better story, but if you don't really care for Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms and just want to battle giant armies, I'd definitely say get WO3U.

ZeroAKA

So which is the best musou game, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or Dynasty Warriors 8? Both are on sale but I can only grab one.
Out of those two, WO3U. Honestly, DW Next is still the best musou game on the Vita for me, even with all of its annoying launch game gimmicks.

If you have issues / know history to support your point do the follwing.

go back and dig it all up

make a report

send said report to moderator who you think would take the issue the most seriously

Welp, there's a problem. Moderators on GAF are like... playing the lottery. You've got a 1 in 102389342313453423234 chance of actually finding one that will listen to you in the first place, let alone take your issue into consideration, and handle it with a consistency based on other moderator decisions.

One will ban you in a community thread for something absolutely trivial, another will ban you on gaming side for saying something that's against their preferences, while others let people who violate TOS with threats to people and their families off with a warning PM.

Good luck with that.

As I understand it port begging is only bannable if you derail unrelated threads with that kind of talk. There's nothing wrong with creating a thread specifically to discuss what a portable game could be on console or vice versa.

If you prefer playing games with M&KB, sure. I can't do that anymore with fast paced games, I played Hotline Miami with a dual shock back when it came out on PC and it was fine. If you use the lock on targetting it's even much easier playing with a controller.

Not sure why we're talking about kb/m in a console thread... but Hotline Miami was best on Vita due to the more consistent lock on ability.

As far as port begging goes, if you really believe that, go try and make a thread port begging for something exclusive to platform A to come to your favorite platform (and not something blatently stupid like 1st party games).
We'll see how long it lasts, but I still believe that if you go and make a thread saying "Bayonetta 2 underperformed, Nintendo should allow SEGA to port it to xbox/playstation/pc." and I"m not sure you'll be escaping a time out.

I liked WO3U better than DW8.

From what I've played of DW8, I think I'd feel the same.

antibolo

Banned
Thanks.
Couldn't find Xblaze, I assume it's not available in europe? A friend of mine recommended me Corpse Party, found 2 games on PSN - which one should I get (CP & CP: Book of Shadows)?

XBlaze is pretty bad, unless you are an existing fan of the BlazBlue story (lol) you have really no reason to bother with it.

(And if you are, there's a retail version in NA so you can probably import it)

Welp, there's a problem. Moderators on GAF are like... playing the lottery. You've got a 1 in 102389342313453423234 chance of actually finding one that will listen to you in the first place, let alone take your issue into consideration, and handle it with a consistency based on other moderator decisions.

One will ban you in a community thread for something absolutely trivial, another will ban you on gaming side for saying something that's against their preferences, while others let people who violate TOS with threats to people and their families off with a warning PM.

Good luck with that.
Regardless of the way they treat bans, if you contact a mod with a business-like demeanor and present yourself as being level headed and not whining about moderation, they'll almost certainly be responsive. They have no interest in antagonizing people in such a venue, so your lack of faith seems misguided.

That said, there's obviously a degree to which PMing one mod over another would be advantageous, but this really shouldn't be such a hard decision if you read this forum.
Not sure why we're talking about kb/m in a console thread... but Hotline Miami was best on Vita due to the more consistent lock on ability.
Because we were talking about Hotline Miami... which originated as a PC game... and many people feel it plays much better with KB+M. That's simple, man.
As far as port begging goes, if you really believe that, go try and make a thread port begging for something exclusive to platform A to come to your favorite platform (and not something blatently stupid like 1st party games).
We'll see how long it lasts, but I still believe that if you go and make a thread saying "Bayonetta 2 underperformed, Nintendo should allow SEGA to port it to xbox/playstation/pc." and I"m not sure you'll be escaping a time out.
If you go and make a thread with that title, of course you're getting banned. As you should be. You made a really fucking stupid thread. But if you make a thread asking for a game from one console come to another -- that doesn't truly have any reason not to (like the competition owning the game) -- and you present your argument in a logical and not-whiney way, I doubt you'll get a ban. The mods are actually pretty consistent about that to the best of my memory.

How did Asuna not get angry when I introduced her as my "friend" to Philia? Lol

EDIT: haha, there it is. Instead of getting angry she just blew up my spot.

RK128

How did Asuna not get angry when I introduced her as my "friend" to Philia? Lol

EDIT: haha, there it is. Instead of getting angry she just blew up my spot.

Ah, your playing Hallow Fragment :). Thought it was a great game (the combat is a lot of fun and the world is massive) but the story is....meh :l. However, the 'awkward' moments of the game really help make it funny XD; I swear, Kirto needs a "I'm Married" shirt on his armor so everyone can stop bothering the poor guy.

Trust me, it gets more and more crazy as the game goes on :).

Cth

Is there a PSN equivalent for Steam's IsThereAnyDeal.com?

I just picked up a PS4 and was thinking about getting some games, but didn't know how often they went on sale.

I've already picked up PS+ and just trying to maximize my purchasing potential :D

Chuy

I just picked up a PS4 and was thinking about getting some games, but didn't know how often they went on sale.

I've already picked up PS+ and just trying to maximize my purchasing potential :D
There's none to my knowledge unfortunately. If you're looking for deals on psn the store updates every Tuesday with new deals and there's at least one flash sale on a weekend every month.

Shizuka

Use Google to search for PSBlog Store Update with the game you want. It's not ideal, but it'll get you there.

Regardless of the way they treat bans, if you contact a mod with a business-like demeanor and present yourself as being level headed and not whining about moderation, they'll almost certainly be responsive. They have no interest in antagonizing people in such a venue, so your lack of faith seems misguided.

That said, there's obviously a degree to which PMing one mod over another would be advantageous, but this really shouldn't be such a hard decision if you read this forum.

Because we were talking about Hotline Miami... which originated as a PC game... and many people feel it plays much better with KB+M. That's simple, man.

If you go and make a thread with that title, of course you're getting banned. As you should be. You made a really fucking stupid thread. But if you make a thread asking for a game from one console come to another -- that doesn't truly have any reason not to (like the competition owning the game) -- and you present your argument in a logical and not-whiney way, I doubt you'll get a ban. The mods are actually pretty consistent about that to the best of my memory.

(1) The mods of GAF are anything but consistent. Through personal experience and that of posters I've known in my tenure on this site, moderators use their power in a lot of ways that aren't objective or fair. After having contacted no less than 3 moderators trying to report someone's extreme personal attacks on me and my family (for no reason), I eventually got a response to my "business-like" demeanor which was merely to use a PM warning to the poster in question. Meanwhile, people like Takao who remark on a company's choices of where to port a game get banned for "port-begging", I've been banned for voicing my opinion on a developer, and I've seen other banned for stating their opinions on other matters because certain mods have personal vendettas or take more offense to a comment than 99% of GAF would in general. Futhermore, I've seen mods sweep issues under the rug in community rather than let the community work it out, closing legitimate opinion threads aimed at discussion and awareness because they felt it was trolling for some reason, and a bunch of other questionable decisions. in my personal experience, moderation on GAF is pretty much a joke as people are given power and seemingly left to their own agendas afterwards. From my experience in the last 6 years, they're only responsive when they want to be and when it suits their interests. Maybe you've had good luck with them, but as far as I'm concerned, time and time again they've given me little reason to believe in their fairness, objectivity, and willingness to enforce site TOS and guidelines.

(2) Sure, Hotline Miami had a PC version... but if you're in a console thread talking about console games... it would follow that you'd be talking about controllers, not kb/m (unless it's some strange game like UT3 on PS3 where you could use USB kb/m if you so desired).

(3) As far as Bayonetta 2 goes, SEGA owns the IP, Nintendo merely funded development. So it's not like asking for the next Zelda game to be put on xbox/playstation/pc. However, I think you'd get a similar response should you make a thread about Halo MCC needing a PC port. Whether you "derail a thread" because you're saying "this should come to my platform of choice" or you go and make an entirely new thread dedicated to it, port begging is port begging. I personally think the "rule" of banning for "port begging" is fucking stupid to begin with, but this goes back to (1) and the consistency of GAF moderation. I wish I could remember the thread cardinalmind pointed me to around Christmas that had VitaGAF veterans being banned left and right... maybe it was the Gravity Rush one or a Tearaway one... but you should ask anyone like Itachi (if his ban wasn't permanent, since I heard he said some harsh words against the moderation) what they think of the mod team as far as consistency goes.

kng3025

I've noticed Soul Sacrifice Delta on the US psn store selling for 18 bucks. Anyone know if it's a permanent price drop or a sale? I know it's usually 35.Want to pull the trigger and get it, but not sure if it could potentially go on sale tomorrow if the 18 bucks is regular price.

Shizuka

I've noticed Soul Sacrifice Delta on the US psn store selling for 18 bucks. Anyone know if it's a permanent price drop or a sale? I know it's usually 35.Want to pull the trigger and get it, but not sure if it could potentially go on sale tomorrow if the 18 bucks is regular price.

It should be a sale, but they forgot to increase the price after. I'd get it while it's $18 because chances are it can only go higher.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

for the amount of content the game has that is already a steal at that price.

It's been $18 since November - but yeah, it was never an officially announced price drop, and was supposed to be just a sale.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy with the new NISA, the one that reinvented itself after KT acquired Gust.
I should give Demon Gaze another try but I find it so intimidating. Got annihilated by Mars even on the easiest setting and even though you guys told me what I may have done wrong I really don't feel like playing. One day... maybe.

Man, 9 out of my 12 physical Vita games are published by NISA.

Shizuka

I should give Demon Gaze another try but I find it so intimidating. Got annihilated by Mars even on the easiest setting and even though you guys told me what I may have done wrong I really don't feel like playing. One day... maybe.

Man, 9 out of my 12 physical Vita games are published by NISA.

You should give Demon Gaze another try. Get more characters in your party, grind a little for better equipments.

Sarcasm

So if you have a NA account and say I buy dragon's crown locally for my vita (cause its cheaper than PSN)..and I live in Taiwan so most likely Japanese copy...the game would not be in English correct?

Would the save data from PS3 even be compatible?

Shizuka

Just finished TWD S2, definitely not satisfied with the ending.
I know there are other endings, I'm watching them right now. Still, this is way worse than the first season, now that was a good game.

Top Bottom