• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should the next TEAM ICO game be a PS4 title?

selig

Banned
Hey,

i wrote about it in this month´s NPD-thread.
As awsome as this game, Team ICO´s next game, was, it would most likely not help the PS3 at all. Not only that, it may sell even worse than its precedessor because of the smaller audience. After all Ueda´s games are niche-games, not something for everyone.

But imagine it´d be release together with Sony´s nextgen system. I think we can all agree that this game would be a great showcase of the PS4´s abilities AND it would most likely grant the game millions of sales, both because of the visual brillance and the fact that launch-games sell more independent of their quality.

So, well, discuss...do you agree that it´d be smarter from a business point of view, or would you go mad if you didnt get an Ueda-game on PS3?

Barrett2

my god...

americanpsycho8qb.gif

being a niche title likely lends itself to not being too adversely affected by the smaller user base, cause right now the ps3 is arguably a niche system.

Euphor!a

Banned
How would releasing a "niche" game to an even smaller userbase than the PS3 be a wise decision from a business point of view?

Darkpen

Banned
can we... not even discuss PS4? I mean, seriously? Yes, I, amongst many here, would be outraged if Trico didn't come out for PS3.

JimmyV

Banned
the only things that i agree with is that, yes, devs should start working on next gen launch titles that will easily be tweaked and fine-tuned for the system to take advantage of the new hardware once they get the specs, so we get GREAT launch titles for a change.

it also makes business sense for MS and Sony to put some money into an instant system seller(although, in all honest, they usually sell out without good games! :lol )

Not really the OPs point, but still.

Crisis

Banned
OP if I mail my gun to you would you shoot yourself or at least shoot your computer so you can't make topics like this here or anywhere else?

Stitch

Gold Member
It would be better to release something that is interesting for all people and not just the SDF

Hootie

This could be one of those epic habeem threads where a person makes a seemingly crazy suggestion/comment and everyone laughs at him, but months and/or years later he comes back and owns us all.

Grayman

Team Ico should release their masterpiece whenever it is ready. Sales of niche games don't gain proportionate to user bases when we are talking PS2 sized.

I want the game yesterday but will wait for it.

selig said:
Hey,

i wrote about it in this month´s NPD-thread.
thank god. I thought your idea was gaining support.

diss

Banned
if this happened i would have thrown my ps3 out the window

well maybe not literally, but i would have considered it

[Nintex]

Stitch said:
It would be better to release something that is interesting for all people and not just the SDF
offtopic: I got banned for using the three letter combination, the mods are asleep or half of GAF is banned when I wake up tommorow. The phrase has been used quite a bit in the NPD thread.

Top Bottom