• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should the next TEAM ICO game be a PS4 title?

6dwiaf.jpg

selig

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
If your title had been different, and gave a hint that bullshit and opinions where inside, this thread might not have been so bad.

yeah, i realized that by now :-/
I´ll settle the funny guys down and maybe make a new topic later, this time with a more precise title.

selig said:
yeah, i realized that by now :-/
I´ll settle the funny guys down and maybe make a new topic later, this time with a more precise title.

Look on the bright side. You made alot of people laugh and you might get a tag!

selig said:
Hey,

i wrote about it in this month´s NPD-thread.
As awsome as this game, Team ICO´s next game, was, it would most likely not help the PS3 at all. Not only that, it may sell even worse than its precedessor because of the smaller audience. After all Ueda´s games are niche-games, not something for everyone.

But imagine it´d be release together with Sony´s nextgen system. I think we can all agree that this game would be a great showcase of the PS4´s abilities AND it would most likely grant the game millions of sales, both because of the visual brillance and the fact that launch-games sell more independent of their quality.

So, well, discuss...do you agree that it´d be smarter from a business point of view, or would you go mad if you didnt get an Ueda-game on PS3?

Thanks for reminding me of why I don't venture into those NPD threads much.

fernoca

I think I get the OP..
He's trying to say that Team ICO's next game, as "awesome as it is" (even though we don't know anything about it)..would be a better fit to the PS4, to help it sell more..

Because we all know that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were such big system sellers for the PS2..that those dozens (of millions?) of sales should be left for the PS4 instead...and left those same dozens (of millions?) people waiting for it....waiting even more.

...I think..

Top Bottom