• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) launches on June 9 (USA), June 5 (EU)

Saphirax

A bit less than 3 months. Not bad. Despite believing otherwise, I loved Demon Gaze, and even though this game isn't exactly the same I can't wait to play it.

monpiece

Banned
Already? How many games will NISA release in the first semester?

Anyway, another dungeon crawler with Demon Gaze pedigree is a must-buy.

New trailer from NISA is live: http://youtu.be/KGQD5rgIMDU

They have a press event planned for mid next month (February 19) where they're promising their "biggest announcements yet."

I'm hoping for Danganronpa: Another Episode.

Sooooo marking that on my calender.

Also, cool, I really enjoyed Demon Gaze and that seemed to awaken my joy of dungeon crawlers so looking forward to this.

Gotta wait for whatever LE NISA puts together for this.

Tohsaka

Nice that it's so soon, will buy.
They have a press event planned for mid next month (February 19) where they're promising their "biggest announcements yet."

Same, as well as Great Edo Blacksmith.

Somehow I confused this with toyko twilight ghosthunters lol

Salromano I had no idea about NISA event next month?! I'm hoping for Danganronpa: Another Episode and hopefully corpse party blood drive gets announced as well.

CrovaxPSO

Said it in the previous thread, this game is fantastic. I thought it was much better than Demon Gaze. Far less fan-service as well (one instance in the entire game, and it's far tamer than anything I remember from Demon Gaze). This would have been my favorite game from 2014 if not for Legend of Grimrock 2.

Seda

Said it in the previous thread, this game is fantastic. I thought it was much better than Demon Gaze. Far less fan-service as well (one instance in the entire game, and it's far tamer than anything I remember from Demon Gaze). This would have been my favorite game from 2014 if not for Legend of Grimrock 2.

As someone who wasn't a huge fan of Demon Gaze, but typically enjoys dungeon crawlers, this definitely perks my interest.

Tohsaka

Somehow I confused this with toyko twilight ghosthunters lol

Salromano I had no idea about NISA event next month?! I'm hoping for Danganronpa: Another Episode and hopefully corpse party blood drive gets announced as well.

XSEED is localizing that one, it was one of the leaked domain names they registered.

Ryan95

NISA is really tempting with its DPRGs localitations: I think this time I'll go for Operation Abyss, even if I already wanted to take Demon Gaze back in April, but FFXHD was more attractive to me then.

Came in thread excited for confirmed release date for game I'm looking forward to and left even more excited because of this.

Shizuka

I'm really excited for the game, it should be another amazing DRPG by Experience. I'm thankful for NISA bringing us these games.

I remember writing to Atlus USA seven years ago to see if they'd be interested in localizing the PC game which this is based on, Generation Xth: Code Hazard. It just seemed too perfect for the SMT company.

The representative I heard back from seemed happy to check it out, but I never heard back about it since then. Oh well.

The new art is uh, very moe and a bit of a deal breaker for me compared to the earlier cyberpunk feel, but I'm glad NISA's giving this game a western release. And the new art fits well with their other offerings.

Should be fun.

18-Volt

Aside from Danganronpa, Great Edo Blacksmith, Stranger of teh Sword City and duo of Spike Chunsoft samurai games are best bets.

I also expect them to localize Kadokawa/From Software unnamed titles for Playstation systems, since NISA is in good terms with Kadokawa. Maybe they'll localize Kancolle Vita too.

lyHVrRW.jpg
Ev185S7.jpg

Box art's rad.

Aside from Danganronpa, Great Edo Blacksmith, Stranger of teh Sword City and duo of Spike Chunsoft samurai games are best bets.

I also expect them to localize Kadokawa/From Software unnamed titles for Playstation systems, since NISA is in good terms with Kadokawa. Maybe they'll localize Kancolle Vita too.

Don't get me wrong, because probably my most anticipated localization announcement for years is DanganRonpa: Another Episode (and I'd be all over SoSC and Ukiyo no Roushi if they were localized), but none of those would be "biggest announcement yet".

I mean, NISA localized Bleach in the past, so I'd assume from a quote like that we're talking something more of that scale. DanganRonpa is something you'd expect them to pick up given fan reaction to it. Great Edo Blacksmith is the usual stuff they localize because it's made by N1.

The Kadokawa stuff is interesting, but seeing as how none of it has released in Japan yet (and we haven't even seen gameplay for most of those titles yet) I don't think we'll be seeing them at this press conference.

monpiece

Banned

Gonna go bankrupt before February 19...

... anyway, it is nice to see that they are probably doing well, so that they can bring more and more games.

autoduelist

Isn't this old news? I've had it preordered for a couple weeks on Amazon... could have sworn this was always the date it had.

And... why is my box art as shown on amazon completely different from what's posted above? Mine is a fairly plain white cover with a big logo.

I preordered the LE... I was really pleased with the Demon Gaze Limited Edition - doubly so as I'm really enjoying the game a lot more than I expected to. The trailer for this one looks like the story probably has more ambition than Demon Gaze, and I think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to it.

Mozendo

So I was told this is remake of Generation Xth Code Hazard and Code Breaker.
Can someone tell me if there's a sort of "classic mode"? All I really care about is the character appearance customization.

CrovaxPSO

So I was told this is remake of Generation Xth Code Hazard and Code Breaker.
Can someone tell me if there's a sort of "classic mode"? All I really care about is the character appearance customization.

Yes, you can play classic mode and do all the appearance options with the older UI style.

Rojo

Bought demon gaze about a week ago im really enjoying it and this looks more up my alley then that so im in.

Top Bottom