• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
28_MixedFruit_free_desktop_wallpaper_x.jpg

You guys ever ate a fruit before? I'm sure you have.

I love fruit. Apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, watermelons, peaches, cherries, and lemons. Fruit is amazing.

What is a fruit? Oxford Dictionary defines it as "The sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food." Eaten as food.

Fruits can be very delicious, oh yes they can. I've been raised on fruits, taught that they are better than candy, and to this day I love having a quick snack in the form of an orange or banana.

Tell me, what are all your opinions on fruit? Any interesting facts about fruit, or trivia you'd like to share? Any other fruit fans wanna discuss how they like to prepare their fruit?

The whole reason I made this topic is because I ate a banana and felt happy, so I want to spread it to GAF. :)

It is. I need to stop being so lazy and actually prepare some fruit for a midnight snack, instead of eating cereal, corn chips or chocolate.

I like pretty much all fruit, but berries are my favourites. Strawberries are phenomenal, especially.

Bananas, oranges and kiwiis are my other favourites outside of fruit salad in general.

DJ_Lae

My favourite two weeks of the year fall in August, because that's harvest season for red haven peaches. They're glorious...but keep and ship poorly.

I do love fruit, though. Except lychees. They taste like perfume. And durian, because, well, it's durian. I also harbour a little bit of resentment toward dragonfruit, which looks so utterly fantastic but taste mostly of nothing.

However, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, saskatoon berries, bananas, plums, mangos, pineapple, and a whole host of other delicious fruit make up for them.

Pomegranate_Image.png

I don't like the typical Western fruits (Orange, apple, banana etc.) except for pears.

But pomegranates, pineapples and grapefruit I'm a fan of. Also slices of lemon and lime with water.

Also I'm assuming the definition of fruit as being the sugary fruits only.

In Turkish culture we're all about that watermelon, melon, peach, apricot, plums and sour cherry.

Top banana this thread is.
:D
Pomegranate_Image.png

I don't like the typical Western fruits (Orange, apple, banana etc.) except for pears.

But pomegranates, pineapples and grapefruit I'm a fan of. Also slices of lemon and lime with water.

What are fruits that don't fall into the definition of "typical Western" as you put it? I've only enjoyed as much fruit as my midwest USA self can buy at a grocery or farmer's market.

No love for lemons and limes? :'(

:D

What are fruits that don't fall into the definition of "typical Western" as you put it? I've only enjoyed as much fruit as my midwest USA self can buy at a grocery or farmer's market.

No love for lemons and limes? :'(

My definition of typical Western fruit means like, the archetypal images of fruit in the West, or at least in the English speaking world. So apples, bananas, strawberrys and oranges lol.

Pomegranate_Image.png

In Turkish culture we're all about that watermelon, melon, peach, apricot, plums and sour cherry.
Fucking hell, look how delicious that is.

Oranges, orange juice, even the orange flavoured coffee I had today. All awesome.

Orange-flavored coffee?? That sounds horrible yet awesome.

I'd drink more orange juice but typically when I bust out the oranges to prepare it I just end up eating the fruit itself and putting it off for another day or just making a Kool-aid mix out of laziness.

I need to try a real pomegranate again, and not just the juice. I think I've only had one or two, and am not sure of how much I liked them.

OP, it’s time to take things to the next level: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

Miracle berries! See if you can get some of the actual berries. The tablets don’t work as well.

I picked some off an actual bush and in no time I was enjoying goddamn lemons like they were candy.
Sadly I don't think I live in the environment that would support growing such fruits, though I'll look into seeing if I can get some shipped my way. They sound amazing for what they do. :O
Fruits and berries are awesome. Love me some fresh bilberries and cloudberries in late summer and fall.

Those look exotic, how do they taste? I'm a fruit noob, if you couldn't tell.

Also how does one taste colors explain that watermelon

RM8

Favorites: Apples, blackberries, strawberries, watermelon, green melon.

But really, no fruit beats a crunchy but soft, juicy, sweet, yellow apple.

Thorakai

Does someone know anything about the evolution of fruit? I think its just amazing that plants and trees were able to hone fruits into such different varieties that get the job done in terms of spreading seeds around. How did primordial fruit look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom