• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the cut scenes and extreme close ups, I agree, but in regular gameplay I'm not so sure. Ryse and InFamous seem very comparable to me, despite one being open world, having a better AA solution, better frame rate, and a higher resolution. Personally I feel like The Order easily supersedes both.

Man, when you put it like that it's really amazing what SP achieved with Infamous. I'm playing it at the moment and I'm constantly stopping beside pretty views to admire the visuals and play around with photo mode.

Not undermining Ryse as I haven't seen it in the flesh.

just saw the 1 hour gameplay video. the game looks truly awful from a gameplay perspective. Especially since I was just playing the Last of Us Remastered on PS4 yesterday. maybe the actual game will be better....but i dont know man

Thank you for spoiling how many chapters the game has. That's one of my biggest pet peeves for spoilers. I hate knowing how many chapters there are, I like to not know when I'm getting near the end of a game.

Some people have no common sense when it comes to spoilers.

No offense but if you really want to know that little about the game you should probably just stay out of any The Order threads. A week away from the game there's bound to be some things of this nature that get out.

We are so close now! Just got my launch swag from Sony

wjDKctV.jpg

Hoping this delivers on the story side of things. Graphics look amazing

x-Lundz-x

First it was no gameplay
Then it was a Quantic Dream style QTE game
Then it was corridor shooting
Then it was boring shooting mechanics
Then it was not replayable
Now it's poor sandbag placement
Next up:
The thing I don't like about the order is that looks almost too good.

First it was no gameplay
Then it was a Quantic Dream style QTE game
Then it was corridor shooting
Then it was boring shooting mechanics
Then it was not replayable
Now it's poor sandbag placement

Don't forget black bars, too much use of the color brown, too much film grain and use of filters.

I could be talking out of my ass but sure the setting of the game is London in the year 1886, which is around the same time as the Industrial fucking Revolution. I'm also positive the whole look the developers were going for is filmic. But what do I know.

Thank you for spoiling how many chapters the game has. That's one of my biggest pet peeves for spoilers. I hate knowing how many chapters there are, I like to not know when I'm getting near the end of a game.

Lol, dude if you're really so bothered about something that's blatantly not a spoiler then get out of any The Order topics until after you've finished it. Because right there you're completely overreacting about something totally benign.

jpbonadio

Banned
They really messed visual side of this game with all those post effects. It would look better with less grain filter, no CA and lower values of dof and motion blur.

I disagree. I love these effects on movies and I'm loving them in this game.

People should stop posting like if everybody hates these effects. I think a lot of people on gaf don't watch or hate movies.

Kezen

Banned
Can't say I'm impressed, far from it. It looks very blurry.

I may pass on this game after all, it looks dull.

BumRush

These threads are fun for a laugh.

Dudes talking about not buying THE CONSOLE because this one fucking game has chest high sandbags LOLOL!

I just went from "I think I'll buy a PS4" to "nah" after seeing those waist-high sandbags randomly placed through the streets. Do developers even try to explain this sort of shit?

The only trouble about The Order topics is that I can't filter the sarcasm from the shitposts. This could be a wonderful parody, or it could be the rantings of someone I know to ignore in future.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You got to be kidding me.

Thats like saying how long the game is a spoiler.

Not really because when it says "chapter
clear" you know you're almost done.

Knowing how many chapters a game has is a pretty big spoiler imo.

Kinthalis

Banned
More shitposting from PC GAF's best.

Hey whatever man. You can't tell me that there's no better way to experience the cinematic feels than sitting passively in fron of the TV.

Truly the game looks amazing, in terms of visuals. The lighting and the materials quality looks stellar. Nto getting what people are complaining about in terms of graphics. Well, outside of the stupid black bars. Story, too ealry to tell, but looks like it might be decent.

In terms of gameplay... well it looks like your typical AAA corridor, on rails BS. Hence, why Youtube it shall be.

Not really because when it says chapter
clear you know you're almost done.

Knowing how many chapters a game has is a big spoiler imo.

The question is, does the game tell you what chapter you're on as you progress, a la Uncharted? You may not even realize when you get to the last one.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I just went from "I think I'll buy a PS4" to "nah" after seeing those waist-high sandbags randomly placed through the streets. Do developers even try to explain this sort of shit?
The fucking audacity of sandbags being placed around London!

ByQt42X.jpg

This WWII photo from the UK is part of the Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records, titled Sandbag Shelter, St. Peter’s Green, 5 September 1939.

link

Kinthalis

Banned
This is the kind of the post that just boggles the mind. Why are you even in here?

The title of the thread is: "Game gets new screens". not "Let's discuss the gameplay of this game!". Hence, why I'm here. Enjoying it, btw, game looks phenomenal (graphically).

Hey whatever man. You can't tell me that there's no better way to experience the cinematic feels than sitting passively in fron of the TV.

Truly the game looks amazing, in terms of visuals. The lighting and the materials quality looks stellar. Nto getting what people are complaining about in terms of graphics. Well, outside of the stupid black bars. Story, too ealry to tell, but looks like it might be decent.

In terms of gameplay... well it looks like your typical AAA corridor, on rails BS. Hence, why Youtube it shall be.

Really??

On rails??
IMG_1468.png

I think of House of the Dead as on rails but come on.

KoopaTheCasual

You got to be kidding me.

Thats like saying how long the game is a spoiler.
Nah, i actually understand this complaint. In a sense, it's a lot worse than having an estimated time frame. Because when you get to a chapter near the end, you know exactly how much longer you have until the final resolution and climax, leaving no room for a plot twist into an extended arc.

Mr. F

Banned
So am I supposed to love or hate The Order this week? Hard to keep up with gaf sometimes.

Hoping it's good. Will likely play for the setting alone.

mejin

Ryse is beautiful, I'm playing on PC just now. But come on, some people have to move on...it's a 2013/2014 game, it really isn't the top graphics anymore and that's perfectly fine.

RaD deserves all the praises they can get, it's an amazing job they are doing.

slider

The title of the thread is: "Game gets new screens". not "Let's discuss the gameplay of this game!". Hence, why I'm here. Enjoying it, btw, game looks phenomenal (graphically).

Well saying that the way to experience it is YouTube (or however you put it), does bring gameplay into it.

But it's cool if it isn't for you.

Kinthalis

Banned
Well saying that the way to experience it is YouTube (or however you put it), does bring gameplay into it.

But it's cool if it isn't for you.

Well it IS for me. about 80% of it at least. I'm all for a good story, all for a steampunk-like setting, love period pieces, enjoy graphical showpieces.

Same reason I watched Ryse on youtube and didn't waste my money on the game.

In case you also didn't know
you shoot bad guys in this game and take cover. I think I saw a wolf or two and a sequence where they drive a car up a building.

Well, no, I'm not ignorant and pig-headed enough to actually believe that a game is more suited to watching on Youtube rather than playing just because it has some cinematic flair. Max Payne 2 is my favourite ever shooter, and that was a game that obviously placed as much emphasis on its story, writing and graphical fidelity as it did on its gameplay. Would I have been happy just merely watching someone else play it on a website as opposed to playing it myself? Well, I won't dignify that with an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom