• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 | Impressions Thread of not shooting the messenger.

Let me just say this:

The game is short, but fucking excellent. I'm fully confident that the Order: 1886 is the UC1 of this generation, a damn good game, where the sequel will likely top it without question.

I completed it in about 6 hours.

However, my only gripe is that the story, while good, still feels like it should've been an HBO series rather than a video game. Though, I guess that's a backhanded compliment from a certain point of view.

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

Let me just say this:

The game is short, but fucking excellent. I'm fully confident that the Order: 1886 is the UC1 of this generation, a damn good game, where the sequel will likely top it without question.

However, my only gripe is that the story, while good, still feels like it should've been an HBO series rather than a video game. Though, I guess that's a backhanded compliment from a certain point of view.

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.
Lmao. Thats ironic. One of the writers on this game is Kirk Ellis, he wrote for the series 'John Adams' a HBO show.

Alienous

Let me just say this:

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

I think you have the GAFer record.

Let me just say this:

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

Thanks for the impression! What difficulty did you play on?

vanx0

Let me just say this:

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

Thank you! Sounds like my type of game. Will buy it 4 sure.

ironcreed

Banned
Let me just say this:

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

Sounds like you had a positive experience. Thanks, can't wait to see for myself.

Let me just say this:

Either way. Had a blast.

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Form your own opinion.

Ha I was actually waiting for your impressions Fox because I remember your playtime from several games being almost half mine.

So it looks like a 12 hour experience for me. More than enough time

Ahh I'm so torn as to whether to trade it in for money on another game once I'm done with it. I haven't even got it yet but I'm tight on money. So do I just keep it to play every once in a while and be my showcase ps4 game, alongside Driveclub, Or do I trade it in for credit for Bloodborne. Decisions Decisions! I guess it all comes down to how much this game affects me from an atmospheric level. So many games I dive back into once in a while when I'm in that mood. Mass Effect, Deus Ex; HR and The Darkness to name a few. This might be added to the collection.

w00zey

Ahh I'm so torn as to whether to trade it in for money on another game once I'm done with it. I haven't even got it yet but I'm tight on money. So do I just keep it to play every once in a while and be my showcase ps4 game, alongside Driveclub, Or do I trade it in for credit for Bloodborne. Decisions Decisions! I guess it all comes down to how much this game affects me from an atmospheric level. So many games I dive back into once in a while when I'm in that mood. Mass Effect, Deus Ex; HR and The Darkness to name a few. This might be added to the collection.

Is showing off games something you actively do?

Servbot24

Banned

Sell it and buy it again for 10 bucks in 2 years.

Oh, and before I forget, GAF:

Take your time!!!

There's a LOT of things that you'll miss if you simply just blast through mindlessly without a care in the world. Ready at Dawn has hidden some very clever things in the lore just by the atmosphere and visuals, where it's not explicitly told.

I'm not going to tell you them, as you'll want to experience them for yourself but just be on the look out.

Is all I'll say. ;)

Alienous

Oh, and before I forget, GAF:

Take your time!!!

There's a LOT of things that you'll miss if you simply just blast through mindlessly without a care in the world. Ready at Dawn has hidden some very clever things in the lore just by the atmosphere and visuals, where it's not explicitly told.

I'm not going to tell you them, as you'll want to experience them for yourself but just be on the look out.

Is all I'll say. ;)

Then how would you know about these things, 6 hour man?

Fury451

Banned
Normal.

I rarely have time to game these days, so playing on harder difficulties is just counter intuitive for me, personally as dying reduces my incentive to play.

So probably around 8ish for me, maybe 9 even since I'll play on hard.

I can easily live with 8ish. Thanks for your recommendation and impressions.

Im sorry but 6 hours?

Jesus fucking christ :(

Bayonetta 2's avg playtime to beat is 9 hours. It took me 13 and many gaffers did it in 5-6.
The majority of people that played The Order finished it between 9 and 12 hours. You just have to determine if games normally take longer for you than normal or shorter to figure out what side of the spectrum you are on.

cormack12

Gold Member
The order 1886 |OT| give an inch, take an hour

Think mine was dispatched today, fingers crossed for tomorrow but probably Thurs. Amazing from this site the amount of people who get games early. Lucky b'ard :)

I want scratch protection for my digital copy.
But.. its.. you cant... the digital...
200.gif

T'Zariah

Banned
Is this considered the OT?

Cause I think I'm barely halfway, and I'm at the 7 hour mark....

:(

Not sure if I'm just awful at the game or GAF has some gaming wizards.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Bayonetta 2's avg playtime to beat is 9 hours. It took me 13 and many gaffers did it in 5-6.
The majority of people that played The Order finished it between 9 and 12 hours. You just have to determine if games normally take longer for you than normal or shorter to figure out what side of the spectrum you are on.

Yeah but the Order has 2-2.5 hrs of straight gameplay on a 5-6 hr completion time, versus how much in Bayonetta?

I think that's important to consider for various value propositions depending on the person.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It does make me happy that the impressions have all been positive to varying degrees. Seems like if you know what you're getting into with this game, it's good.

Lingitiz

Bayo 2 is the worst comparison measure for any game because it's a skill based character action game that's meant to be replayed over and over. How good you are and how many side verses you choose to do defines how long it will take.

Alienous

The order 1886 |OT| give an inch, take an hour

Think mine was dispatched today, fingers crossed for tomorrow but probably Thurs. Amazing from this site the amount of people who get games early. Lucky b'ard :)

The Order: 1886 |OT| Ready at Dawn. Done by Mid-day.

Does anyone have any idea what the real title'll be?

Is this considered the OT?

Cause I think I'm barely halfway, and I'm at the 7 hour mark....

:(

Not sure if I'm just awful at the game or GAF has some gaming wizards.

Everyone's playtimes for games is different.

My Uncharted 3 play clocked in at 7 hours but many plays seem to be 10+ for that game. I didn't even really rush it

Daingurse

Sounds like a short but enjoyable experience. I generally like cinematic games, and don't really get irritated by a lot of mechanics that irritate people in these games. Never really got mad at hand-holding and such, like my brother does lol. And I'm a graphics whore, so it sounds like the game will be a good fit for me. Can't wait till my copy arrives on Friday.

Bayo 2 is the worst comparison measure for any game because it's a skill based character action game that's meant to be replayed over and over. How good you are and how many side verses you choose to do defines how long it will take.

Yeah but the Order has 2-2.5 hrs of straight gameplay on a 5-6 hr completion time, versus how much in Bayonetta?

I think that's important to consider for various value propositions depending on the person.

Yeah good points but I am just saying that categorically I am always on the longer end of the spectrum when it comes to play-throughs for any game. I just meant it varies and he has to determine where he lines up. Like I said TacticalFox blazes through crap, and I use him as a decent barometer for how long something will take me.

Top Bottom