• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #160 - "Down the Hole"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezumi

Does anyone think there's a chance in hell of hitting the 20th deadline? Considering it took a week to decide the pairings, and doesn't seem like anyone did any writing before then, I think the challenge should be extended another week.

Personally I don't disagree. Not sure if a whole week is necessary but having another weekend certainly wouldn't hurt. I'll wait for a few more opinions before deciding.

And don't worry Ouro it's not like I did that much either.

besada

Banned
Timetokill and myself just got down our basic story, so a little extension certainly wouldn't hurt. Collaborative efforts take a little longer.

Nezumi

OK, since so far nobody has spoken out against a prolonging of the deadline I think the only question remaining is if we make it an entire week or only until after the weekend. Thoughts everybody?

Mike M

Nick N
I haven't written a word : /

I've been working through my lunch breaks for weeks, my output has taken a huge hit.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'd love any extension! I'm not sure how much progress my partner has made, but I've still got a good deal of work left.

Mike M

Nick N
Should this become an annual secondary objective, we should probably build in the extra week from the outset with the benefit of experience behind us now : )

Aaron

I'm happy for the extension. One of the reasons I haven't been in these challenges lately is a profound lack of free time. I jumped in on this one thinking things had settled down, but really today is the first day I can relax and try to get a few words out.

Figments

Actually, has that threesome made much progress? If not, what about splitting it into two twosomes? Nezumi?

Oh, is the competition no longer available for soloing?

I wasn't planning on grouping. I thought that's how people were signing up, wasn't really paying attention. :p

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Oh, is the competition no longer available for soloing?

I wasn't planning on grouping. I thought that's how people were signing up, wasn't really paying attention. :p

Definitely still open to solos. Not sure if Nezumi would permit new teams.

Nezumi

We already split the threesome in two teams of two as far as I know. So there are currently no possibilties for partnering up left (pushing a third member in a group at this point would not work)
The secondary is optional however so everyone feel free to write stories even without a partner. Should another person show up that's interested in the secondary, you can consider partnering up but should realize that you might run into time problems.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
secondary objective remaining optional? Seems to take up the entirety of this thread.

Cyan

Banned
secondary objective remaining optional? Seems to take up the entirety of this thread.

Still totally optional! Sometimes the more unusual ones, like this one, take up a lot of discussion space. No need to worry about it if you're not into it.

Cyan

Banned
I think Tangent and I are just about ready. There's something very work ethic-inducing about being on a Google Doc with another person, where they can see if you're not doing anything!

I hope we're not the only ones to take advantage of the double word count, or we're gonna look like jerks!

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I think Tangent and I are just about ready. There's something very work ethic-inducing about being on a Google Doc with another person, where they can see if you're not doing anything!

I hope we're not the only ones to take advantage of the double word count, or we're gonna look like jerks!

No worries. Me and Metaphoreus got a whopper too. And yeah, joint google doc editing is weirdly fun. It's really helpful having a second set of eyes reading through.

Ourobolus

Banned
Nez and I are closing in. We're a bit worried on making the story sound cohesive since we both wrote different parts. Other than that, it should be pretty good.

Preemptively declaring my intent to flagrantly violate the deadline.

Time zones. They're a bitch.

IFHmCx8.gif

I swear by the Necronomicon, I will make this deadline, I will make 800 feet

FOR YOU MIKE

FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nezumi

No worries! I'm gonna head out to go swimming now. This will at least take two hours. So everyone just imagine the grace period to be especially gracious today ;)

Nezumi

OK people! I'm not gonna close submissions just yet, but it would be good to know which of the pairs who haven't posted their stories until now are still planning to do so? I'm rather certain about Mike and Blargonaut. But what about Sober/Valhelm and besada/timetokill? You guys still at it or have you given up somewhere along the way? ;)

Mike M

Nick N
No worries! I'm gonna head out to go swimming now. This will at least take two hours. So everyone just imagine the grace period to be especially gracious today ;)

Just waiting on Blargonaut's copy, and then I get to do my formatting to do the gimmick that I came up with for this project, and then we'll be gold : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom