• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Epimetheus~

Neo Member
21/52 games finished

Game 1: Suikoden II - 26 hours
Rushed through first playthrough. Didn't get all 108 star characters.
Intend to return to later this year 100% character recruitment/good ending.

Game 2: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 4 hours 15 minutes
One playthrough. Fun combat. Mildly annoying last boss.

Game 3: The Banner Saga - 5 hours
First play through. Interesting lore/great game.

Game 4: Hitman: Absolution - 7.5 hours
Started playing when first released and got half way through game.
Didn't finish second half until 2015. Played most of the game as unstealth like as possible.

Game 5: Metal Slug 3 - 1 hour
First time solo playthrough. Only completed co-op before.

Game 6: Killer is Dead - 5 hours
First playthrough. Started intially when released and finally came back to finish. Underrated game.

Game 7: Pokemon X - 12.5 hours
Second play through. No special rules.

Game 8: Strider 2 - 30 minutes
Strider Hien run.

Game 9: Pokemon Fire Red - 3.5 hours
Played on emulator with fast forward the entire time.

Game 10: Final Fight 2 - 1.5 hours
First time playing a Final Fight game. Finished on normal difficulty as Haggar.

Game 11: Pokemon Omega Ruby - 16 hours
First play through. No special rules.

Game 12: Pokemon Black - 15 hours
First play through. No special rules.

Game 13: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle - 4 hours
Finished story mode and unlocked all characters.

Game 14: Metal Slug X - 45 minutes
Standard playthrough.

Game 15: Gunman Clive - 88 minutes
Great little game.

Game 16: Super Mario 3D Land - 4 hours
First play through.

Game 17: InFamous First Light - 3 hours
Never enjoyed the first two InFamous games. Had fun with this one. Albeit brief.

Game 18: InFamous Second Son - 8 hours
Had fun with this one. Shame it lacks interesting content outside of the main story.

Game 19: The Order 1886 - 5 hours
Interesting world building and concepts. Gameplay is lacklustre sadly.

Game 20: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - 4 hours
Great gameplay and fan service. Gotten me pretty hype for Phantom Pain.

Game 21: Far Cry 4 - 14 hours
Just as good as Far Cry 3. Fun stuff.

Caramello

Game 15: Metroid Prime

GYcuLWn.jpg

Duration: 22:06

Quick Thoughts:

Quick thoughts cannot give the Metroid Prime series justice. I had never played the original entry in the Prime series before now, having started with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and also having played Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. With Metroid Prime Trilogy dropping on Wii U it seemed like the perfect time to correct that. The game design, atmosphere, boss fights (particularly towards the end) and music are all spectacular as they are in the other games in the series. I felt that the backtracking was needlessly over the top and I can't remember it being as bad in the other two, however my memory is foggy on Echoes so perhaps I'll change my opinion on a replay.

Having played through Metroid Fusion earlier in the year, I have to say that I prefer Metroid to give me an idea of where to go and have the challenge be getting there rather than the direction that Prime took. Having said that, it's still a fantastic game, whether you played it in 2002 or play it in 2015 for the first time, it's not a game you will soon forget.

Original post.

Nemaides

List of completed games

Game 6: Fairy Bloom Freesia - ~3h

Beat Story Mode in one sesion. Pretty simple, but the combat is well designed and the boss fights are really good. Now I'm playing Guardian Mode and the game really suffers of a lack of enemy variety.

Game 7: RefleX - ~4h

Completed it a few times.
I don't know what to say about this game. I enjoyed it even more than Kamui, and I don't think I've ever been so inmersed in a shmup story. Love the shield mechanic.

StingX2

1D7nfwV.jpg

Game Beaten #23 Fez (PSN)
(Started 3/2/15 / Finished 3/8/15)

This was a lot easier for a second time around the spinning world of Gomez. When you know about anticubes and understand the language you can coast thru the game instead of having to rely on gold cubes. I still love the visuals, the soundtrack, and spinning the world. Really the biggest issue I have with Fez is it just leaves you to die, and doesn't bother to provide any help. It's both a great and terrible throwback to the NES era.

OG Post

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

GAME #9: Framed (2014)
| Rating: ★★★ | Platform: iOS | Developer: Loveshack |

Kojima's GotY 2014 and all I can say that I think it's a good game. It's unique and interesting. I however think it lacks something. The puzzles themselves are fun to explore but since the logic between frames can be wonky at times you'll have to sit through overly long animations far longer than feels warrented.

GAME #10: Alien: Isolation (2014)
| Rating: ★★½ | Platform: PS4 | Developer: The Creative Assembly |

I really wanted to like this. I really did. There are games you finish and there are games you are finished with. Alien: Isolation is the latter. I can respect what they're trying to do but I don't think they succeeded with it.

My biggest complaint with Alien as a franchise is that noone seems to know what to do with it. Alien had a point, Aliens had a point but since then it's just been space jockey fan fiction. Alien: Isolation is no different.

The developers take a few scenes from the first movie and stretch them out to a unhealthily long game and fail misserably with plot, structure, pacing and a sense of urgency. What should rival Outlast in horror is now a hidden object game with an Alien waiting game in samey corridors.

Would have made a really good 5-7 hour game. Would have been interesting with a multiplayer component. Could have been a really good game.

GAME #11: Farm Heroes Saga (2014)
| Rating: ★★★ | Platform: iOS | Developer: King.com Limited |

It has come to this. The seventh seal is broken. I'm addicted to cute carrots and strawberries. I'm addicted to them lined up in threes. It just started out as a guilty pleasure early mornings helping my girlfriend with the trickier levels. Now it's one of the few games I play daily.

It's not without its faults. Almost every single level is 75% luck and 25% skill. Making 3 out of 4 failed attempts something that's beyond your control. That is of course balanced by real life money stepping in to even the scales. I don't mind. I'm not big on spending in f2p games and I think overcoming the luck aspect far more rewarding.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Game 4: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
3ds, Virtual Console
Very short, but fantastic little Mario game I missed when I was a kid. I honestly hope someone remakes it in Mario Maker.

Labadal

Original Post

Game 18: Apotheon - 14 Hours (20 with playthrough #2)
PS4

I finally beat it. Only missing the Olympian trophy. (Edit: I got the Olympian trophy and as a result, the platinum trophy was gained.)

It took me around 14-15 hours to find every item/chest, gain all the powers and do all side quests. I think I had 10 crashes during my sessions. That's a shame because other than that, I love the game.

Most things people complain about were things I liked. Combat was fun if a bit chaotic. Just defend and be cool, you'll be good and have enough endurance. I beat most bosses on my first try and when I died, it was my own fault.

People have said that Apotheon looks like a flash game. I would say that I love the style and it is what drew my attention to the game some years ago.

Audio was solid. Voice acting was good, the soundtrack sets up the mood and I liked the sound effects.

Despite some technical issues, Apotheon has been the best game I have played in 2015.

Game 19: Tengami - 1,5 Hours
PC

The game looks nice and the music is good. Way too short and simple. If it had been a challenge, the length wouldn't have mattered. I bit pricey but I guess it could be worth a shot at a deep discount whenever you feel for something relaxing.

Original post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145879561&postcount=485

Game 4. Picross-e. A fairly vanilla Picross experience as you would expect from the first in the eShop series. To be honest the laid back approach to it makes me want to replay Mario's Super Picross sometime (though I didn't spend 30 minutes of any of the puzzles in Picross-e it feels nice to have the clock ticking).

Game 5. Tengami. Splashes of David Wise music (which comes and goes a lot almost to the point you might want to stand still whenever it does start), awesome pop-up book art style (I would like for a Paper Mario game to done like this rather than occasional house of cards but mostly 3D models that Paper Mario is) what could go wrong? Well...the main character moves a bit slowly and even then the whole thing comes to end in around 90 minutes...if you don't get too stuck on the puzzles (which are generally very easy). There are two puzzles which I got a bit stuck on and they both happened to be (description)
combination locks
which require (hint)
careful observation of prior screens
to figure out (I missed a few of the clues so had to brute force them a little bit). I suppose the real thing Nyamyam have up their sleeve is they could just make it the iOS price for the other platforms (Wii U, Steam which are priced much higher as they consider them lower volume platforms and wouldn't break even otherwise and also more value there due to bigger screens...which really can't be overstated). There were 10 Miiverse stamps and I could only find 8. It is still something I enjoyed though and I suppose the saying goes, leave them wanting more. If you spot it in a future Steam sale or some sort of bundle for a price you don't mind an hour of your time for it might not be a bad thing to play (I think the wait for sale mentality of Steam means a game sells better if it is $10 but 50% off than it ever would if it was just $5 all the time) but if you like action and replay value in your games you might want to stay away. I've been told to check out Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP so that is bumped up the list.

Game 6. Block Legend DX. Why is this described as an RPG, it is closer to a rouguelike. As much a linear matching puzzle game can be one. I mean you have the feeling the game is rigged against you throughout be it equipment failing to work properly or bosses that hit way too hard and way too frequently and can't be killed quick enough either making them tense battles. Then the unlock costs of everything go up exponentially too as if this was a f2p game and wants you to buy them. Also poor cast balance (Ninja and Samurai have some very useful abilities so get those, good luck figuring of which they are though). Also as of V1.02 the infinite turns bug is fixed (which was really the only way to reliably beat bosses etc) but many other bugs are left. I'm going to close the curtain on this one. It is better to think of it as an arcade game rather than an RPG in that way frequent deaths feel more like the game (when I got fed up of that I got as far as I had found the infinite turns bug at that point and it got the point of all enemies basically being as strong as bosses). Bit hard to recommend really there are lots of better match puzzle games that actually are RPGs and there are funner pure matching puzzles. I kind of feel from all my time played I learned the only winning move was not to play.

"doesn't count as a new game but should count because reasons" Things that aren't full game so like DLC episodes and other substantial things
Game A1. Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode. "Hang on a sec, you already have Hyrule Warriors as Game 1? You're a lazy hack" Well, yeah but I kind of put over 100 hours into it suggesting these "side" modes are the main meat of the game. Plus some of them are DLC episodes! So adventure mode. Make your way through loads of challenges (each taking 1-20 minutes) selected from the Zelda 1 overworld map. You have to clear a square to select adjacent ones and there is also items and stuff (honestly farming for items is pretty annoying). Lots of new characters and weapons to unlock plus eventually a showdown with Ganon after which you get an end credits (I think these are different to the story mode ones but how I know considering the skipped out on me :( ).

Game A2. Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode - Master Quest. This is the first of the DLC maps. Here is where the three bonus characters Cia, Volga and Wizzro get better weapons along with more upgrades for the rest of the cast in the form of giant 8-bit sprites from Zelda 1. There are also character costumes to unlock (which are really recolors referencing various things so like you have Link Wearing a Purple tunic for example). Oh yeah it is also the Zelda 1 overworld again which is not exactly the best first impressions.

Game A3. Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode - Twilight Princess. This is the second of the DLC maps. It is not too fun due to enemies being very strong (maybe it is different if I grinded to level 200) to but thankfully we can end it quickly. The map is an 8-bit recreation of Zelda TP which is neat. I just took advantage of the Warps to get to Hyrule Castle and defeat Ganon and see those credits. Maybe I'll go back to unlock more stuff (costumes, 8-bit weapons) and do the other DLC stuff (Termina Adventure, challenge mode including playable Ganon) but I'm kind of on break now.

Game A4. Pokémon Y. Some people like to have a living Pokedex. That is Pokemon 001-719 and some people go for all variants here too. The problem with the living Pokedex is if you store it in your games you greatly limit the PC space you have, especially if you have variants in there. That is where people store these on Pokemon Bank. As I don't have access to Pokemon Bank I'm going for a breeding Pokedex instead which is one of each Pokemon which can breed and some Ditto to breed them with. Even with me having multiples of some (different movesets etc) I'm using up about 14 boxes (out of 31) but it feels really good to basically have everything on hand now (I even did egg moves for a lot them which is was quite the task and something I'm pleased I probably won't have to repeat for a long time, I'd imagine if you did this sort of thing in each gen and transferred up it would be quicker but I started Gen VI from scratch). I am in the process of transferring this over to my Omega Ruby game (play through in progress, caught enough to unlock 31 boxes in the PC at least though...which is 25 Pokemon actually :lol:)

Dryk

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Game #18: Super Meat Boy: 16.6 hours
I really enjoyed this, great level design, great controls, great music! And then... then the rocket launchers started showing up, and after that the non-mindless enemies, and everything started going to hell. One of my main frustrations with this game is its tendency for slight changes in timing, or the length a button was held down a few jumps ago killing you when you just miss a ledge.

This effect is massively exasperated when you take homing rockets and homing enemies into account, as a jump that was clear for the last 10 attempts could suddenly result in a rocket to the face because you were 3 pixels to the right of were you usually are when it was fired. A good example of this is a level where jumping over a rocket will result in it curving into the ceiling and detonating harmlessly, however if you just tap the button to do your minimum possible jump, the rocket does a 180 a split second before hitting the ceiling and kills you as you land. It's not really something that can be easily fixed (though the aforementioned ability of projectiles to turn on a dime is unnecessary), but considering that you rarely have time to react to changes like that it's a giant pain in the arse.

I completed every light world level and every dark world level up to and including 4-1. I also got A+ ratings on every level in the first 6 worlds bar 6-5. Didn't play many of the warp zones, or any of the glitch zones. I almost gave up on 4 Letter Word but got through it in the end.

Game #19: David: 1.2 hours
David is an abstract 2D platformer (technically, you have infinite jumps and it plays more like a shooter most of the time) where you play as a cube that needs to shoot animalistic blobs made of rhombuses. Your means of attack involves clicking David which activates slow-motion and begins charging your weapon which is a scatter of coloured dots, and dragging the mouse cursor to where you want to shoot. The game consists of a series of boss rooms with bosses to kill. There's some neat and interesting boss designs, including a final boss that must be unlocked by finishing each level on both difficulties, the harder difficulty increasing the enemies speed and reducing you from 8 to 1 hit-points.

One level is different from the others in that you are being chased by a cloud of spheres through a maze where the obstacles hurt you without your weapon. At the end of the maze you retrieve your weapon and make short work of the cloud. This level was a pain in hard mode, and took me much longer than all of the other levels as the cloud is directly behind you the whole time and the controls and physics aren't really suited to that short of level.

Overall, interesting game with a neat aesthetic but nothing to really write home about. Super-short if you don't get into the arena mode (which you shouldn't), not really worth the $5 price. I picked it up for $1 so I can't complain.

Game #20: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations: 20.2 hours (Added 13/03/2015)
Oh boy what a ride this has been. I'm going to borrow Apollo Justice from my girlfriend later in the year but for now I need to step back before I burn out from the 50+ hours of Phoenix Wright I just played.

Godot is an awesome antagonist, and the amount of backstory, intertwining cases and the fact that the flashbacks aren't even in the right order work together to form a really good build up. My main criticism on the story front would have to be how little pomp and circumstance there is about Godot's true identity, I would've liked more his former life to be talked about in the first case before the guy who obviously turns into him randomly shows up in a flashback.

I'm going to miss having to leave this universe for a bit, even if their legal system makes absolutely no sense at times.

Game #21: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition: 6.3 hours (Added 17/03/2013)
I think this was good. I dunno I guess I'm not in the mood for so much adventure game logic at the moment. Story was pretty good, though there was a lot of slowly walking back and forth between places. The inclusion of the version switch was nice, but I played it mostly in the modern mode. The hint system was a little busted too, sometimes it would trigger an event far in the future and start trying to teach you how to solve it.

Game #22: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number: 8.5 hours (Added 22/03/2013)
I heard that some people didn't like this one because it was too much like the first one. Looking back I can sort of see it, but I don't really agree that it makes it a bad game. Hotline Miami 2 manages to up the ante on story, level design, soundtrack and variety of character powers. Mechanically little has changed, but it was so good to begin with that's okay. I guess it's from the Galaxy 2 school of sequels in that way.

Game #23: Indigo Prophecy: 8.7 hours (Added 30/03/2013)
Well that was a game of ups and downs. It was so boring at times I had to push through in small pieces, and then occasionally something interesting would happen or there would a neat set piece and my interest picked up again. It would've started strong if it wasn't for the god-awful PC controls that took the first few scenes to get used to. I liked the characters alright, especially Carla, which means it sucked extra hard when she got completely derailed at the end and falls in love for no other reason than the main character needs a love interest and she's the only person around who isn't a male vagrant. I'm so mad about this that I can't even get worked up about the plot going especially crazy. At least that was interesting, at least the DBZ fight scenes and mystical Mayan bullshit were interesting.

Christ David Cage get your shit together.

Game #24: Bioshock 2: 16.7 hours (Added 4/04/2015)
This is easily the Bioshock game with the best combat overall, but as everyone says the story is a bit naff. It's also very hard to not see a lot of the game through a very cynical lens, as it shows its roots as a sequel the creator never wanted at times. I also don't remember the Little Sisters referring to the Big Daddys as "daddy" as incessantly as they do in Bioshock, preferring "Mr Bubbles" which hardly ever turns up here. Lamb starts out interesting but she seems to be on autopilot by the end of the game (which is way better than Bioshock's end sequence). Minerva's Den stays quality the whole way through though, and manage to throw in twists I either didn't see coming or only saw coming at the last second, which was good.

Game #25: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: 37 hours (Added 06/04/2015)
I'm actually kind of glad that I never finished this on Virtual Console. It suits a portable pretty well, though it does require some changes that some people aren't happy with. It also makes me wonder what a Zelda game with no full-scale dungeons would be like. The dungeons in this game are top-notch, and the bosses feel very different from usual Zelda fare which I really liked. But the real joy of this game is exploring, doing side-quests and tackling the many smaller areas that are around the place.

My one major criticism is that the circle pad isn't really suit to the high speed manuevering of the Goron and Zora transformations. I never quite felt in control during those segments.

Game #26: Cloudbuilt: 6 hours (Added 07/04/2015)
Okay let me get this out of the way first, this game's soundtrack is great and I hope more indie developers hire Jacob Lincke in the future. Secondly, this game is really pretty. It uses a fairly simplistic cel-shaded artstyle with a cross-hatching filter that does an excellent job of making it look like a moving sketch, though when it's flying by at 300 miles an hour you don't always notice it.

Then we come to the all-important gameplay. Each of the levels takes place on a sea of rubble in the clouds, the main components being various blocks and panels you need to traverse to get to the goal. The character is equipped with a gun that enables you to dispatch enemies and a jetpack and rocket boots that enable you to run along and up walls and double, triple and quadruple jump. This is balanced out by a limited fuel supply that recharges when you are not performing these actions. However the addition of fuel replenishment pickups leads to a lot of parts where you will be wallrunning for extended periods, and these are easily the hardest parts of the game. The levels are mostly open-ended, with at least two to four routes from any given Point A to Point B (save for one or two chokepoints a level) so there's a lot of on-the-fly decision making about which route you seem the most likely to be able to handle. It gets really hard really fast, but when you pull off some of the harder sections it feels amazing and even traversing simple sections is really satisfying.

Something else that's really interesting about Cloudbuilt is the progression structure. There's a lives system, which are generally looked down upon these days, but it seems to exist for a completely different reason to the classic versions that have their roots in arcades. There are checkpoints scattered throughout each level as well as pickups that let you place one of your own, and each checkpoint restores you to 6 lives. After you beat the prologue and the first level you unlock 2 more levels (+1 free DLC branch), and each of those levels unlocks another 2 that form 4 main branches that continue for another 4 levels or so. The difficulty curve down each branch is roughly equivalent, and each rank you achieve on a level above the lowest increases the number of lives you enter a level with by 1. The net result of all this is that the lives system serves as a warning telling you that you're stuck, and that you should go try another level you've unlocked. By the time you come back to that level you will probably have more retries available to you. Your mileage may vary on how useful this is in practice, but I thought it was a neat idea.

Thematically these escapades in the clouds are a manifestation of the brain of the main character, a soldier, reorganising and integrating with cybernetics following a traumatic accident in an unseen war. She monologues about the implications of the incident and the floating dream-scape she's now inhabiting, and admittedly the story itself is forgettable. What's memorable about this though is that each branch of the map represents a different path that the character can go down as she slowly recovers from her surgery and this is represented by subtle changes in level design (such as the path of returning to the army being stormy, relatively linear and littered with enemies). At the end of each path is an ending, though the accompanying cutscene essentially only differs in lighting and voice-over, I thought that thematically the names of the four levels at the end of each path (Regret, Inspiration, Acceptance & Redeployment) did a much better job of conveying what the endings, and the story as a whole, were trying to do with significantly fewer words.

I can easily see why this game got a somewhat mixed reception from GAF when it released but I absolutely loved it. My main gripes are with one of the enemy types that is a shielded drone that tries to ram you and can only be defeated by avoiding it's sight for about 20 seconds so it drops its shield. It's a bit flow-breaking in the instances that you can't just run past it and it can and will follow you for a long time if you do.
My other main gripe is with the controls, your action keys (jump/wall-cling/wall-jump and boost/ascend wall) work perfectly well for the most part but having boost and ascend while wall running on the same key can get really frustrating. If you want to be the most efficient you have to activate your jets to maintain height on a wall just before the wall running animation becomes really obvious. The problem with that is if you hit the button too early you air dash into the wall instead which looks really cool but uses up a lot of fuel that in some levels is necessary to make it to the next pickup. I'm not sure how you'd fix it but it is a problem.

Game #27: Valiant Hearts: The Great War: 4.9 hours (Added 10/4/2015)
This is an amazing, touching story about a family torn about by a war they had no stake in. Many moments, especially the ending are very powerful and I think the art-style was used pretty effectively to show a lot of the horrors of war without making it too explicit.

And then occasionally and evil cackling German man shows up and you have a boss battle. BECAUSE VIDEOGAMES.

Overall though, I think the fact that the game seems to stop every few scenes and try to be a videogame (even though it doesn't seem to know why) doesn't drag down the overall experience too much. The good most certainly outweighs the bad, I just wish it was a little more consistent in its use of tone.

Game #28: BOXBOY!: 9.8 hours (Added 12/4/2015)
General consensus is about right on this one. Amazingly charming game with a good amount of content, it just doesn't get that complicated or consistently difficult until over 100 levels in. The 5 post-game worlds where it's actually throwing everything it has at you are pretty great though. The unlockable costumes are even more adorable than the vanilla game and the score attack and time trial levels are really good. I managed to finish all the score attack levels but could only figure out how to beat par on half of the time trials.

Game #29: The Starship Damrey: 1.9 hours (Added 15/4/2015)
I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential here. They really nail the feeling of seeing the world through a camera attached to a robot. That's in part due to the constant HUD and scan-line on the screen but also having a point of view that's lower than you're used to. The atmosphere is good, exploring a lifeless ship with only the whir of the robot's servos and the glow of its torch for company.

The problem is with everything else. At it's heart this is a pretty mediocre adventure game kept alive by the mystery of what happened to the ship, and the resolution to that, while shocking in the moment just kind of falls flat once its over.

I also hate, hate that this game has cutscenes. Going into a lift? Third-person cutscene of the robot entering the lift. Doing an action more complicated than moving or picking up objects? Third-person cutscene of the robot doing the thing. It just took me right out of the feeling of controlling the robot, which is all the game really has going for it and I can't figure out why they did it. There's no reason that the cutscenes that are in the game couldn't have been in first-person.

Game #30: HanaFuckyouNoESakura Samurai: Art of the Sword: 5.7 hours (Added 22/4/2015)
AKA Iaijutsu Simulator 2011. As stated on this forum before, it's basically Punch-Out in feudal Japan with 3D movement and less complexity. I found the 3D movement doesn't add anything though as the lock-on is automatic and disengaging it is an easy way to get yourself killed.

If this game was a little shorter I would've hated it. The end-game enemies have a nasty habit of starting attack chains that are only differentiable after they've initiated the first attack and you're busy dodging it. It was only near the end I came to realise that for all the game's encouragement to do perfect dodges performing a good-enough dodge or dodging for the worst case scenario and missing an opening are acceptable courses of action. After that some enemies became a lot easier to deal with, especially the enemies that also use iajutsu because by the time you realise they're going to do two attacks it's too late. But if you dodge twice assuming they will the worst then you'll be okay, even if you miss the opportunity to kill them if they only attack once.

Putting really long levels infront of the bosses also soured the boss fights a bit, and there was only about 4 backgrounds/levels to fight in. But in the end I did get the hang of it and thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Game #31: Valkyria Chronicles: 52.6 hours (Added 03/05/2015)
This game is amazing. Looks great, sounds great and tells an engaging story. Though the story gripped me the most at the incident on the Malberry Shore I've been waiting to get home and play more every day for three weeks straight. All the little gameplay tweaks they've made from standard TBSes are great, especially the removal of a 1 move/turn limit for the units. The amount of personality crammed into each of the optional characters is also really nice considering that it's all told through incidental dialogue, special abilities (another really cool mechanic) and personnel files.

It wasn't without it's flaws sure. But apart from the unit balance drifting all over the place in the early and mid-game there's nothing major and eventually all of the classes come into their own but it does take a while. I also ran into a few 120fps related bugs, but for an old PS3 game the port options are pretty great.

Game #32: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box: 12.7 hours (Added 07/05/2015)
I approve of the addition of the memo and the fact that digits are now entered in individual boxes instead of sequentially. Taking a train journey is a nice change from wandering the village of the first game, even if this game does eventually settle down into one city.

I'm getting sick of the constant "The Professor and Luke decide to do the thing they just said they decided to do" cutaways too considering they take 3-5 seconds and serve no purpose. Oh and that ending, at first when the twist was revealed my first reaction was "Oh fuck off", but it's so audacious I can't help but be amused by it.

Game #33: Broken Age: Act 2: 6.0 hours (Added 09/05/2015)
Not really sure what to say about Act 2. It's obvious they've taken some of the feedback from Act 1 on board. There's a few tweaks to the difficulty here and there, and some really obscure old-school puzzles. Art design and acting remains great. Not sure how the story will play out as one game but I hear it's fine which is good considering how much changes at the end of Act 1/start of Act 2. I think that ultimately Broken Age was a victim of its own hype, but it's a good game and I am satisfied as a backer.

Game #34: Unmechanical: 2.2 hours (Added 10/05/2015)
This is a really cute physics puzzler that in a lot of ways reminds me of my Game #9, Bob Came in Pieces. However instead of a customisable space-ship with thrust-physics based
movement you're a simple robot capable of simple and consistent movement and a single tractor beam underneath you. I think Unmechanical (which came out two years later) is the better (and certainly prettier, the input from the developers of The Ball really shows) game, but Bob Came in Pieces has more interesting ideas due to it's increased complexity.

The atmosphere in Unmechanical is really good, with lots of alien machinery and dark areas. It's pretty short at 2-3 hours, but I only had a problem with that because it ends very abruptly. There's two endings dependent on a choice at the end and I didn't even realise I was making the choice, or that I was even close to the end, until the credits started scrolling across the screen.

Game #35: Jazzpunk: 1.8 hours
Well... that happened...

Not every gag hits in Jazzpunk but damn do some of them hit hard. I actually laughed out loud when I tried to interact with a turtle and ending up throughing sais and a pizza at it while a old-school spy movie sting played. It's a pretty shallow joke but the fact that it comes out nowhere makes it work in the moment. I think that sums the game up pretty well too.

Game #36: Crimson Shroud: 13.3 hours

Well it wouldn't be a Guild game if it wasn't a bit of a mess I guess. This is an RPG short-story, set entirely inside a single dungeon and framed as a tabletop campaign, with second person narration and figurines for the characters and enemies. There's also a bit of decision making but it's all completely inconsequential, fix that and you nail the style they're gunning for. The combat system is basic but still brings some interesting things to the table, with a combo system that encourages you to use a different type of ability each turn to earn dice which you can spend on bonus power or accuracy for attacks

Now... the bad... there are only a few enemy types in the game. Skeletons, goblins and zombie goblins are the fodder and will be armed with either staves, axes, swords or bows. Then there's about 7 or 8 boss enemies some of which end up mixed into encounters when you replay them. That would be fine if they were used effectively, but one of two events or bosses require you to grind for key item or good weapon drops. To add insult to injury in the last part of the game there's three boss fights in quick succession and the middle one is by far the hardest. I spent a few hours grinding for the equipment to win the fight and by the time I did the final boss had turned into an absolute cakewalk. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, it was just very trying of my patience at times.

StingX2

6LJnnPL.jpg

Game Beaten #24 Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS) - 5 Hours
(Started 2/27/15 / Finished 3/8/15)

Wow uh this was a weird experience! I haven't played much Mario Party since the N64 days but the DS version had traditional play. This game just had boards that were a series of races and an extremely boring single player mode with no challenge. The minigames themselves are pretty good too, a shame they screwed this up.

OG Post

CengizMan

1SbpxN5.png

U.N. Squadron
Duration played: ...Years?

Screw this game. It's so good, but it was so difficult. I played this years ago on my Super Nintendo and when I read a post about it on GAF a week ago, I decided it was time. Time to finish this game once and for all. But it was so hard. I threw my controller on the ground for the first time in years. But I did it. Finally.

(Original post with list of completed games.)

Hubb

OP

Very late February/early March update.

7) Demon Gaze Vita H40
Had a lot of fun with this, even though it got pretty easy towards the end of the game.

8) Drakengard 3 PS3 H19
Did not play this when it first released, so I didn't get to experience the frame rate before the patch that "fixed" it. The first chapter and anytime you stand under the dragon fire seems to be the two worst offenders of FPS dips. For whatever reason the rest of the game wasn't bad at all. Enjoyed most of what I played, wasn't the deepest combat but using different weapons helps.

9) Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus PS3 H5
2nd R&C game. I really like the bite sized length that each game offers. The only thing better than that is the guns. Otherwise a quirky, and fun game. Wasn't a big fan of Clank's sections in the game at first, but they kind of grew on me.

10) Catherine PS3 H14
I tried my hardest to play the game all the way through on normal difficulty. I didn't last long, and bumped it down to easy. Story was good for what it was, two of the endings were funny more than anything and what I consider the cannon ending was the most natural. Even on easy, fuck some of those bosses.

11) Izuna 2
3DS H18
Picked this up awhile ago and never got around to it till now. Fun roguelike game that starts off very unforgiving and gets easier as the game goes on. I did not like how they made it more difficult by taking away a certain character for story reasons. I did not realize this and all the time I spent leveling them up went away. So back to level one with another character...

mp1990

Banned
OG Post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=448
#9 OlliOlli 2
jpg

I got pretty hyped for this one when it was announced for PS+,and goddamn,it worth it. It's a freaking cool game,the art style,the OST,the movies themes,the level design,everything was awesome ! Well,except for the part it destroyed my left joystick,but i can live with that.

I've had a really hard time with games since Persona 3,just couldn't focus in one game and jumped into one and another,but this month i think i can finish more 6,let's do it !

Original Post

Game 10: MLB The Show: 13 Vita -
Started: 2/17/14
Finished: 2/28/15

7kZ13tk.png

I've had this game for quite some time. I finally decided to play it and it's alright. For all the good things it has or does, it messes something up. The graphics are decent for a Vita game, but the performance is weak. Although I found that I had little to no issues when pitching, when I was up to bat, the game's frame rate shot way low to a point where it was an annoyance, but didn't break the gameplay. Franchise mode is deep and Road to the Show can be an enjoyable experience, but I had alot of issues with simulated statistics having little reflection of a player's rating. For example a 95 overall pitcher went four seasons with an ERA over 4.00, while pitchers with an overall of 75 would go undefeated over the course of a season. Why? To say it's good would be going too far, but The Show 13 is serviceable if you are a Vita owner who needs a sports game. Also it may have just been my game, but I had three crashes throughout my playthrough, which was very annoying as I lost a lot of progress. It's a mediocre game with a lot of issues, but I suppose I had fun with it as a baseball fan.

Hours Played : 12

Overall Score : 5.0

"Play it if you need a baseball game on the go"

jb1234

Game 13 - Alan Wake - Started 3/1/15, finished 3/8/15 - 12 hours

An interesting, atmospheric game that doesn't have nearly enough combat variety to sustain its length. You pretty much fight the same enemies throughout the game with very little variation. At first, it's fun trading off the flashlight and firearms but that's all there is and I was burnt out by the fourth chapter. Unfortunately, there were still several hours left. The story was also problematic, in that it started out really interesting with an air of mystery before becoming trite and predictable near the end. What helped was the characterization. Alan was likable enough and Barry especially provided much needed levity. It is worth noting that the game provides a decent challenge, even if it's the kind where I was swearing at the screen and not really having much fun. I tried to go through the DLC but they're just more of the same and harder. It wasn't worth it for me. I'd had enough.

Original post

Original post (updated)

8. Infamous: Second Son - 26th February - approx. 15 hours
I really enjoyed this overall, although I hope Sucker Punch works on the mission design for the inevitable next instalment. Some of the missions were really fun, like the assault on the DUP building at the end or chasing the helicopters to recover the cargo containers, but many of them feel like dull filler and the side missions in particular are very repetitive and charmless. The technology was amazing and I really liked the script and characters, and I would gladly see Delsin and his team of weirdos back in the next game. Very fun and I think the gameplay is near perfect, but I hope that SP work on the mission design and variety first and foremost for the next game. 7.5/10

9. The Room (Android) - 10th March - probably 60-80 minutes overall
I checked out this series mostly on the strength of an LTTP here on Gaf, and it has become probably my favourite mobile game ever. It's a near-perfect use of a touch screen, with amazing presentation (I love the Gothic designs and the reality-bending elements) and simple but very compelling puzzles. It's a perfect game for short sessions on the toilet, and I look forward to playing the sequel later this week. 9/10

Onyar

Original Post

Dragons Dogma (360) - 09/03/15
Awesome, Underrated, Magic.
Maybe not perfect, some things like the black bars of the game can be kind of annoying, but no game is perfect.
For people who enjoyed from Skyrim to Dark Souls (that´s everyone?).

OP

Game 7 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
Beautiful game, from Ubisoft no less. Decent length for a smaller title, lovely art courtesy of the UbiArt engine, solid puzzle platformer gameplay to stop the game being a completely easy walking simulator and an interesting array of characters. Also good instances of changing up the gameplay with the taxi and medic sections. Special credit to the guy that came up with the idea to turn the taxi sections into a pseudo-rhythm game with classical music.

Fugu

Alright, time for an update. I'm currently working on Nethack, which is so good that I'm kicking myself for not getting into it earlier. However, I'm so far from being able to beat it that it's probably going to be awhile before it appears on this list.

Game #8: Sega Bass Fishing
Dreamcast, PC, Arcade, many others, 1998
6 Hours

I like arcade-simulation hybrids that have you doing otherwise mundane tasks (Densha De Go! by Taito is one of my favorite games) so this game was a natural fit for me. I have a friend who's always good to play these bizarre games so we went mano a mano on two separate computers and blew through the original mode over the course of a couple of hours.

Now, at first, I thought this game was really silly and impossibly hard, but after a few failed attempts I came to memorize where all of the good fish would be on a given level and I ended up breezing through most of it. But my impression of the game is that it's really not very interactive; it's mostly about memorizing the limited pool (excuse the pun) of possible fish locations and then hoping you'll hook an adequately large fish. I played with a keyboard and not a fishing rod so that probably didn't help.

Having said that, the game is hype as fuck, especially if you play with a group. You really don't know what's going to happen a lot of the time, and it's exciting when you land a big fish. But I don't think it's a very good game.

2/5

Game #9: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Arcade, Playstation, Sega Saturn, PC, others, 1996
20 hours (probably closer to 50 over the years and platforms)

(Note: I didn't play the Remix as I don't own it, and my condition for "completing" this game was a 1CC on hard mode and all of the random crap unlocked)

I've been playing this game on and off for years (I rented it around its release on the Saturn) but I'd never put any effort into getting good at it, and I decided to do so for the purpose of this challenge.

There's not too much to say about the single-player game. The gameplay variety is practically identical to what you get with other games in the genre, which is to say that the single-player is really just filler for the multiplayer, especially since there's no real "solo" mode. The AI is okay and benefits from a lot of difficulty settings. Being a Capcom game in the SF universe, there's a ton of really great art and music, although I think the chibi characters are ugly.

As a multiplayer game, it's pretty entertaining, but I'm not convinced it's as fun as Tetris Attack or Puyo Puyo. Chains don't seem to have any real effect on damage, and setting them up is thus only useful when it means you can dogpile enough stuff to kill your opponent outright. In fact, they're a hindrance a lot of the time because even a two chain takes a buttload of time, during which your opponent could have placed several blocks. Indeed, the infamous diamond glitch is such a big deal that speed might be the most important factor in the whole game, even moreso than intelligently placing your blocks. The competitive game is therefore mostly just about building big, fat gems before your opponent does and unleashing hell -- or, failing that, setting up the diamond to do it anyway. There's also the issue of character balance, but this is fixed in HD Remix.

I'm not done with it yet, however. According to my save file, I've played about 60 multiplayer games in the last week, and there'll be more to come.

4/5

Game #10: Ganbare Goemon 2
Super Famicom, 1993
5 hours

Earlier this year, my friend and I beat Legend of the Mystical Ninja and loved it, so the sequel was a natural progression. Ganbare Goemon 2 shares a lot in common with its predecessor, but it's hardly a by-the-numbers sequel.

The biggest change between the two is arguably that Ganbare Goemon 2 almost completely does away with the top-down town sections. It still has them, but you don't really have to do anything in them given that all of the combat there is completely optional. There are some positives and negatives to this. On the plus side, there's none of the original game's quasi-grinding that was inexorably linked with the latter half of the game. However, the top-down combat was a nice complement to the regular 2D platforming, and the grinding, even though it too often consisted of playing whack-a-mole over and over, contributed to Mystical Ninja not feeling simply like another platformer. The items and towns in GG2 feel out of place, whereas Mystical Ninja's towns were practically half of the game.

The other big change is that half of the game's boss fights play out in a sort of first-person boxing mode preceded by a very strange autoscroller segment where you decimate portions of Japan for resources. It's very wacky and funny to think about, but the reality is that these boss fights kind of stink. Like the rest of the game, these boss fights are quite difficult, and there's simply not enough precision in the perspective for these parts to not feel frustrating. They're also awkward from a co-op perspective, since both players control a single robot and one person's commands override the other. Thankfully, there's only three of these segments in the whole game and only one of them stands out as being overly difficult.

The 2D platforming parts of the game are nevertheless just as excellent as they were in the original, and sometimes even moreso. The controls are super tight and the levels really make you use them. It is also worth noting that GG2 is the home of potentially the greatest autoscrollers of any game. Yes, much of it is very derivative of Super Mario World (you even have to make some suicide Yoshi jumps near the end), but it doesn't really matter; it feels like the developers have designed this game to be played by people who are used to the basic platforming tropes and want something more unique and challenging. Indeed, the creativity on display is just incredible at times.

The original had a lot of great art and music, and so too does this game. By comparison, the art is a bit better and the music is a bit worse.

In the end, we concluded that while we enjoyed GG2, it didn't leave the same kind of impression that the first game did.

3/5

Makeda

Original Post

cutmypic%207.png

Game #11.Costume Quest 2 (Wii U)

Another LTTP completion for me here- downloaded CQ2 a few months back but never really bothered to play it.
The game definitely has some rather depressing frame-rate issues on the Wii U version and disappointingly lacks Off-TV Play... but despite these shortcomings the game itself is a decent mini-RPG experience full of cheesy one-liners and OTT drama.

cutmypic%206.png

Game #12.Advance Wars (GBA - via Wii U VC)

When I had my old GBA SP I loved these strategy/tactic games so much that I managed to wear the silver off from parts of the GBA by playing Final Fantasy Tactics for close to 300 hours... Sadly in the years gone by my tactical ability is now woefully poor and I struggled for a solid 3 days straight to try and beat the final boss of Advance Wars before finally managing to push through with a rather embarrassing 30 Day completion mark for that battle....
Hands down the most humbling end of game I have experienced for a long, long time...
must get better before I go onto my next round of games :(

Labadal

Original post

Game 20: Wasteland 2 - 90 Hours
PC

I beat Wasteland 2 the other day. STEAM says 90 hours played but the run that I completed probably took 75 hours. I restarted once when I realized that the skill points and attributes I had distributed to my characters wouldn't work in the long run. I did that at after having played for five hours. I also idled for about 10 hours.

Overall, I thought the game was decent. I don't regret backing the game at all, even if there were things about the game that I didn't like. The combat is serviceable but mostly, it was about killing the enemies as fast as possible before they would charge you. That's basically every encounter in a nutshell. Different weapons were good in different situations, so that's a plus. The fact that you could split up your characters and attack the enemies from both sides was also good.

Attribute distribution felt like it didn't matter that much after you had created your characters. I just pumped one until I got more action points. Skill point distribution, I have no problem with. What bothered me about the skills was the fact that when you use one, it takes forever to tell me if I am going to succeed or not. I hated that. Just tell me directly if I failed or not. That padded the game length quite a bit, I think. When you realize you failed to open a lock with a 91% chance after ten seconds, that kind of pisses you off.

I liked the questing in Arizona more than the questing in Los Angeles, but I liked the writing more in the second part. Los Angeles just didn't feel as fun even if it was a bit more open ended. The progression in Arizona felt a bit more linear. The story in general and the writing were mid tier in my opinion. It can't compare to games like Fallout 1, 2 or New Vegas. It's better than Bethesda and BioWare writing, but that is probably not saying much. Comparison to a newer game would be Divinity: Original Sin. It has better writing than that, but gameplay is not up to par. I don't know how much choices and consequences matter and I honestly won't find out because I don't see myself replaying the game anytime soon.

The voice acting was cheesy but in a good way in my opinion. I liked it. The soundtrack is good, but it felt like there weren't many tracks. One annoying thing about the audio was the sounds enemies made. Wtf was that about?

I hope inXile got some good experience working on Wasteland 2 and that we see improvements for Torment.

Sakwoff

tl;dr: Finished the Blackwell Series. Loved it. Also threw in some Steamworld Dig for good measure.

List post

Game 4: STEAMWORLD DIG - around 5 hours (PC) ★★★★☆

I don't exactly like endless miner games. Their core loop (dig, sell, upgrade) is pretty much the epitome of tedious, carrot dangly, arbitrary avatar-progression. What Steamworld Dig does, however, is recontextualize these mechanics in more of a classic goal-based videogame-y framework (levels, bossfight, definite ending) which makes it pretty much like an RPG where you progress by punching the environment instead of punching dudes. Which is... pretty alright! Neat sense of style, too.

Game 5: BLACKWELL CONVERGENCE - around 3 hours (PC) ★★★★☆

You can tell that Unbound and Convergence were once conceptualized as a single game. This is pretty much Unbound 2. Which is great. I really liked how it tied up Unbound's story threads. I think I just found Unbound's jazzy 70s atmosphere to be a little more engrossing.

Game 6: BLACKWELL DECEPTION - around 5 hours ★★★★☆

I feel a little conflicted about this one. It's probably the longest Blackwell episode so far, but it definitely had some lengths. The beginning did not grab me at all, and things get a little weird at the end.
I did not really like the "sinister spiritual organization" stuff at the end. Good thing that they pretty much dropped that thread in Epiphany.
However, all that is pretty much nitpicky. It's still a fantastic game, I think it's just my least favourite in the series.

Game 7: BLACKWELL EPIPHANY - around 7 hours ★★★★★

Wow. Epiphany was absolutely fantastic. Talk about going out with a bang. This is how you end a series, people. It's much darker in tone than the previous ones, but how they tangled together all the threads from all the previous games was incredible.
I also might have cried in the end. A little.
(A lot.)
Oh, also: It looks freaking gorgeous. As a whole, the Blackwell series is definitely up there with the best adventure games ever for me. Might also be one of my favourite gaming experiences in years.

StingX2

eNCl51P.jpg

Game Beaten #25 Sonic the Hedgehog 06 (X360) - Centuries
(Started Millions of Years Ago / Finished 3/10/15)

It isn't the worst thing I've played but it certainly is a broken mess. I died so many times from spawning on stages, in the automatic bumper sections, or after hitting a boss then falling into an abyss during times I'm supposed to be safe.

The game looks like garbage but I'll give them credit on the CGI scenes, and the music is pretty good. There are lots of good ideas with the stages but nothing is executed well. This is a game that needed 1 more year of development...maybe 2 and it could have been the Sonic Adventure 3 we actually wanted! Also the box quest and its loading was the only time I felt it got really obnoxious with the loading times.

Shadow actually controls pretty well and his campaign isn't as much of a lost cause compared to Sonic or Silver... so hear me out, I think this may have started as Shadow the Hedgehog 2 and that might explain why Shadow barely visits Soleanna compared to the other two and why his campaign actually seems like a decent game.

PS. The Sonic 06 rap in the credits made my ears bleed

Q5uduiE.jpg

Game Beaten #26 CounterSpy (PSN) - 5 Hours
(Started 3/2/15 / Finished 3/10/15)

This was the case of giving me a tease of Shadow Complex's style but not really capitalizing on it. The game drags on towards the later half of the game to the point I was just happy it ended. Not getting seen in a mission also feels damn impossible.

CiaMHW5.jpg

Game Beaten #27 Titan Attacks! (PSN) - 4 Hours
(Started 12/3/14 / Finished 3/10/15)

I got all the way up to the last world Titan but couldn't beat the final boss months earlier but last night just loaded it up and killed it. The game reminds me of Space Invaders with the upgrade philosophy of Jetpack Joyride.

OG Post

Dr. Buni

Original post

Game #16: Dark Souls

8jlsZ8N.png

ux0lXmp.png

Fantastic game, but I am kinda having trouble understanding why it is widely considered the best Souls game. It has fantastic boss fights (with a few exceptions), music and lore, with some very interesting NPCs here and there, buuuut the areas and enemies are for the most part really bad. Like damn, with people complaining about weird enemy placement in Dark Souls II, I thought the problem wasn't in Dark Souls as well, but sadly it is. I think overall the only areas I enjoyed were Anor Londo, Lost Izalith (awful boss, though), the main DLC area (Oolacile Township) and the wonderful Painted World Of Ariamis. Don't even get me started on the enemies subjects. Very few enemies are enjoyable to fight against in Dark Souls :/ Those 'issues' make it hard for me to consider Dark Souls the best in the series, seeing that both Demon's and Dark Souls II are way more consistent in those aspects and aren't bad in the music/boss/lore departments either. Anyways, as I said, FANTASTIC game, but to me it is not as good as the others in the series.

Oh and btw, the Dark Souls final boss is actually challenging! Who would have though? Both the Demon's and Souls II final bosses aren't what I would call a challenge. At all. Specially the Demon's one.

Szadek

Dark Souls final boss is actually challenging! Who would have though? Both the Demon's and Souls II final bosses aren't what I would call a challenge. At all. Specially the Demon's one.
Everyone knows that 1-5 is the real final boss in Demon's Souls

Spyware

header.jpg

03-07-15 - Game 21: Blackwell Epiphany - 4½ hours + 2½ hours (for commentary playthrough)
Sooo... the last game in one of my fav series ever. I'm not even a fan of the genre. Blackwell is just so fantastic. As I said before it just got better and better and this final part is simply wonderful.
Yes I teared up at the end.
Had to replay it immediately to hear the commentary too.

header.jpg

03-10-15 - Game xx: Shelter 2 - 5 hours
Doesn't count since it was bought in 2015
As a huge fan of Shelter I have been waiting for this for a very long time. It's a very different game from the first but I love it more and more for every playthrough. I still prefer the first game slightly but it's close. I played through it three times and filled out the map and think I can call it beaten now. All 12 kittens survived but I had a close call once when I went exploring and couldn't find any food at all for a while.
I later learned to always keep nommies visible and I always killed two rabbits at a time so that all the kittens could eat at once.
Just like the first game it looks amazing and sounds even better.
The wolves are terrifying even when standing on the plateaus where they can't reach you. The sound is just soooo creepy.

header.jpg

03-11-15 - Game 22: Waking Mars - 5 hours
This game started out as a really relaxing experience. Then I made a huge mistake and since I didn't know you can reset progress for a single map I restarted the game. I then played it a bit more carefully and made sure to keep track of everything. This made it a bit less relaxing but I had fun through the whole game. I love the voice acting and the story was interesting all the way through.

(Main post)

FluxWaveZ

Game 4: The Order 1886 [PS4] — ~7 hours [Finished: March 8th]

Dl1K4T4.png

A really pretty game with very basic, third-person shooting. I liked the world and characters they set up with the game, but they unfortunately didn't do that much to explore it. As a result—outside of a few story segments—I wasn't that motivated to see it through, but the story started picking up when its conspiracy entered the fray. Outside of the basic cover-and-shoot gameplay which isn't anything special outside of a couple of unique weapons which act differently, the environment is littered with pointless stuff. Picking objects in the environment up and observing them with the right stick didn't serve any purpose, for the most part, than to contemplate how much time an artist must have put into modeling it. The function of the audio logs is to improve the game's sense of place, but they are some of the worst I've seen in a game, where I was not remotely interested in anything they had to say. Overall, it was fine, but I feel like there was a lot of missed potential, with how plain each facet of the game turned out to be, with not one real stand-out element other than that its beautiful.

(Main post)

Game 6: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Playtime: 35:30
Platform: 3DS

Finally finished Majora's Mask for the first time ever, and 100%! Furthest I have gotten before was trying to get into Snowhead on the Wii VC. This game is absolutely amazing. A lot of side-quests, emotions, action, and differences between other Zelda titles. The masks are a great feature, and the hub-world (Termina) feels alive. The improvements in this over what I have played on the N64 and Wii VC versions are amazing. The updated Bomber's notebook definitely helped me get 100%. There are some faults, though. I felt the swimming controls were bad, and the bosses were poorly designed (1st one was way too easy, 2nd one was annoying, 3rd was alright but could be annoying, and 4th was just tedious). The dungeons were decent, and even though there are only 4, the game still took over 30 hours to beat. The 3D was also nice, but I beat the game just before I got a New 3DS, so no 3D on gyro. Definitely get this game if you want to play one of the best games of all time, and one of the best Zelda games.

Rating: 9.5/10

Original Post

Definitely behind. Still need to beat Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and Bloodborne and Story of Seasons are about to come out!

smaczny

Neo Member
2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Numberr (PC)

DAtql4O.jpg

Playtime: 11 hours
Started: 10.03.2015
Date of complate:12.03.2015

ZackShikari

Neo Member
Game 1 - Rogue Legacy - 35 Hours
Game 2 - Farcry 4 - 50 Hours
Game 3 - Deadly Premonition - 4 Hours (In Progress)
Game 4 - Cities Skylines - <1 hour so far
Game 5 - Dead Space 3 - 11 hours

jb1234

Game 14 - Hotline Miami - Started 3/10/15, finished 3/11/15 - 6 hours

This game was just pure adrenaline, with blood everywhere and thousands of deaths (mine and the enemies). Almost sadistically difficult at times, I cursed more at this game than I have at any in months, variations of "FUCK OFF", "FUCK YOU" and "PIECE OF SHIT ASSHOLE GAME". Despite all the rage, it was also one of the most addictive games I've ever played. Also aiding it is a pounding electronica soundtrack, nothing I'd listen to outside of it but somehow, it fit the atmosphere perfectly. What didn't work for me was the story, which was a jumbled mess which ultimately made no sense. And worse, the big climax was anticlimatic. Judging by the achievement title ("That's It?"), it was by intent but that doesn't make it any less sucky.

Original post

Szadek

Orginal Post

Currently Playing:
6.The Banner Saga

8.Alien: Isolation.
Pretty damn good horror game,but it can get really frustrating.

9.One Finger Death Punch (replaying)
Replaying the game ,this time on master difficutly,because it's really fun.

On hold:
7.Darkest Dungeon
Waiting for more content.

LGom09

#11. Rogue Legacy (PS3) -- March 12 -- 11:23:00 -- &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;
Fun gameplay and a strong sense of progression. It ended at the right time for me as the repetition was just starting to sink in. It's a very well-designed and addicting game.

#12. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3) -- March 12 -- 1:45:00 -- &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9734;&#9734;
Excellent presentation, including music by Grant Kirkhope (mostly arrangements of older tracks, I think). In terms of gameplay, it's good but not great. Levels are interesting visually, but mechanically pretty simple. Mickey moves a little slow and has a very basic moveset. Give it a try if it's sitting in your PS+ backlog. I had a good time.

KillerBEA

Update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150899273&postcount=984

Assassin's Creed Rogue 360 40 Hours
810/1000 Gamerscore earned. Story beaten, extra sync options for all the main missions completed and most side activities finished. I would go and finish off the achievements but one of them glitched on me. Really good game with a good story that ties up plotlines from 3 and Blackflag nicely. Decided to not pursue this game nay further at the moment so it is done.

Soul Calibur 2 360 20+ hours
Finished weapon master mode. Some of those fights were really annoying. Beating this brought some closure to the stuff I left unfinished from my childhood.

Soul Calibur 360 Sub 5 hours

Started a new xbl gamertag so I booted up one of my favorites to reclaim the full gamerscore in it. Beat arcade mode with all characters.

Charlie Murder. 360 5-10 hours

Someone gave me the hard ending achievements and the relics so I just needed to beat the game once through all the way and use each character enough to get their skill related achievement. Ended up getting the full completion in this game. NOt a bad game, but not great either

OP

Game 8 - Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
Great follow up, but some levels do lack the frantic gameplay that Hotline Miami absolutely shines with. That said, there were a good amount of absolutely incredible levels, Scene 21 and 22 among my favorites. I think some of the attempts to make the game more varied instead hamper some gameplay opportunities, the Hawaii segments in particular slowing things down, but when it's on form, goddamn is it fantastic. Also, amazing soundtrack. Obviously.

CengizMan

XdCeFnl.png

Professor Layton and the Lost Future
Duration played: 20:11

My eyes got teary towards the end, partly because of how ridiculous the plot got and how bad the Dutch voice actors are, but mainly because of the story between Layton and Claire. Enjoyable game, even though sometimes it felt like it went on and on. As always with Professor Layton games, I'm impressed with how much post-game content there is. Even having the previous installment gives you a nice little bonus. The thing I love about this series most is how much craftsmanship Level-5 puts into making them. At the end of the day, a Professor Layton game is a game that's packed with awesome content which is gift wrapped with an awesome universe, art style and sound track.

(Original post with list of completed games.)

Dryk

Original Post - Part 1
Original Post - Part 2

Game #20: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations: 20.2 hours
Oh boy what a ride this has been. I'm going to borrow Apollo Justice from my girlfriend later in the year but for now I need to step back before I burn out from the 50+ hours of Phoenix Wright I just played.

Godot is an awesome antagonist, and the amount of backstory, intertwining cases and the fact that the flashbacks aren't even in the right order work together to form a really good build up. My main criticism on the story front would have to be how little pomp and circumstance there is about Godot's true identity, I would've liked more his former life to be talked about in the first case before the guy who obviously turns into him randomly shows up in a flashback.

I'm going to miss having to leave this universe for a bit, even if their legal system makes absolutely no sense at times.

Post containing #1-12

Game 11: Don't Starve - 14 hours - March 8nd, 2015
iLov8Gz.png

Lovely game. The aesthetic and the soundtrack is just amazing. In terms of the gameplay itself, it felt like everything I had actually wanted from a Minecraft-esque survival-crafting game. I always found Minecraft good for building stuff, but in terms of having a harrowing adventure? Nah. Too easy. Don't Starve actually challenged me and gave him some nice variation in the strategies I needed to survive (e.g. winter, summer, etc). The Reign of Giants expansion is particularly excellent. One of the best parts was just the nice big variety in crafting recipes. So much to do! As a Vita game, this game functions amazingly as a portable title. I'm labeling this one as "done," because I unlocked all the Sandbox characters. I'm sure I'll return and keep playing, but I want to get it down on a list before I forget about putting it here!
- 8/10

Game 12: Counterspy - 3 hours - March 12th, 2015
qu8L51x.png

UGH. UGH. ARGHHHH. That's pretty much how Counterspy left me feeling. I really wanted to like it. In fact, I loved the first two levels I played. The aesthetic, the somewhat goofy nature of the presentation, and of course the idea of a "stealth" game. But after that intro, everything was a downhill slog. The gameplay felt tedious, controls felt unresponsive and I even had a few bugs that caused me to be unable to start a mission. The game is ostensibly about being a spy. Give me more ways to avoid firefights. Give me more paths and routes. Stop confining me to arbitrary paths. One of the trophies is to not be seen by a guard. Yeah, I don't know how people have even gotten that trophy. That's crazy.

Bah.
- 5/10

Dr. Buni

Original post

Game #17: Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition

ubWMxMK.png

Stop it, in the name of the law! Fun (and short) game. It is really good, specially considering the price I paid for it ($2). I must say I don't get the obsession WayForward have with those "sexy" little girls who are in most of their games. Its kinda creepy, even if the art style is really really cute lol. The soundtrack is really good, which isn't surprising given that it was composed by Jake Kaufman (Shovel Knight composer).

The gameplay is a mixture of platforming and puzzle. You have to press a button to make the platforms appear/disappear. On paper it doesn't sound good, but it is actually quite engaging. The game gets quite challenging in the last levels. In short, I really enjoyed the game. It is simple and engaging, like old 16 bit games, which were developed with gameplay in mind and not story or graphics. At the same time, the game doesn't attempt to win you with nostalgia, like tons of indies do.

Game 2: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 1.5 hours.
Played it at a friends place. Gameplay great, looks great. It´s a mission. That´s about it.

Mman235

Another update now I've replayed all the mainline PS Resident Evil games:

Game 10: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Finished (two player co-op)

I haven't played Guardian of Light for a while, so I'm not sure which I prefer, but this seemed like a good follow-up, and I like changes such as the pseudo-open level select design with the gradually expanding hub. The expanded equipment system is nice too, but could have had more presence than it does, especially as the later challenge items so heavily outclass the earlier ones. The bosses seemed better than what I recalled from the first and the puzzles make nice use of the new character abilities. It doesn't seem to build much on the first in terms of challenge (perhaps the level choice system doesn't help in that regard), but there's still some nice puzzles there. Good, although I want to do some more of the extra challenges and similar before I work out my final opinion.

Game 11: Hotline Miami 2 - Finished

(This was actually game 13, but lumping the RE games together feels more natural) I haven't played the original in ages so I can't remember the specifics much or compare them, I do see the complaints about this game being much more gun focused though as I definitely remember less of that in the original. What frustrations I did have seemed to come more from interface type things though, such as how picking up weapons always seems to prioritise grabbing the least desirable thing. There's also some bugs I don't recall in the first, like enemies circling in place or getting stuck in doors. Beyond that though it had everything I recall from the first, like the high (yet ultimately rewarding) challenge, great music and unique aesthetic. I did want more time to play with the masks though, especially as you barely get to use awesome ones like chainsaw+gun unless you replay. I'll wait for a patch or two first but I'm probably going to check out hard mode, as well as seeing what further story details people find.

Game 12: Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut - Finished (both characters)

All the Remake praise and hype (without owning it yet, although I played it in the past) made me want to go back to the original Playstation Resident Evil games after not playing them for years. RE1 is actually the one I was least familiar with compared to the sequels, as I found them more appealing in the past. Replaying it now I do think RE1 has a few things over them though; in particular it has the best feel of an unravelling world, and the purely linear parts are smaller than the sequels. I also think that the return to the mansion with the Hunters is an "oh shit" that's a clever play on your old knowledge which the sequels never replicate (it helps that I played on advanced mode the first time, which just amplified things when there are ~3 Hunters in every other room). Also, while the sequels are superior for fight or flight adrenaline thrills and jump scares I think the first still manages the best unnerving isolated horror atmosphere, and the more primitive renders almost help with that as it gives an abstract edge to things; I still have no idea what the hell the courtyard basement is supposed to be, but I like that. Really it's the small interface things that drag it down most compared to the sequels; all the small animations and unskippable text add up fast when it comes to convenience, and the sequels feel quite a bit smoother just due to that. In the end I definitely gained a new appreciation for this game. As for the classic tank controls I got used to them even quicker than I thought I would, and was fine with them within about five minutes.

Game 13: Resident Evil 2 - Finished (all four routes)

Resident Evil 2 definitely has a major focus on escalation; it amplifies almost everything from the original, and generally succeeds; the scale is bigger, there's more monsters, more scares, the two characters are differentiated more etc. The only thing that really gets lost is the unravelling world stuff; the police station itself handles it as well as the original, but then the rest of the game is more linear. In terms of structure it actually reminds me somewhat of Metal Gear Solid 1; the first half is mostly pure gameplay based on the structure of it's predecessors, then the second half is a roller-coaster of one-off setpieces and boss fights. I think it works though, and gives the game a nice sense of varied pacing and escalation.

The multiple routes thing is also really cool (despite the contrivances in terms of puzzles and scenery damage), especially once you start going to places you never went on the "A" route. As an extension of that I think this is the one original PS RE where the story mostly works; it's still full of cheese, bad acting and nonsensical character reactions, but the links between the characters and stuff like the surrogate mother relationship between Claire and Sherry give it an emotional core that the other two don't really have bar one or two moments. While it lacks that return to the mansion moment (I guess the twists on the "B" route almost count) I definitely think this is the best of the three PS games; it has the most varied pacing and design, and fixes most of the worst interface stuff of the first (too bad it took until 3 for skippable cutscenes).

Game 14: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Finished (couple of playthroughs to explore other choices)

Three is defined by Nemesis, in both good and bad ways; compared to RE2, which improved everything, you can definitely see the rushed development here, with lots of reused assets, and, while the game does a good job making the puzzles fit the new city streets setting (the less logical stuff only happens in the few buildings you spend notable time in), it feels less inspired and lacks the sense of mystery and weirdness that the first two have. "Live Selection" is nice, but not as cool as the multiple characters of the other two. I'm not sure on the randomisation aspect either; I understand why it's there with no character choice, but it feels weird to have certain areas be wildly different in difficulty depending on luck. Also, as great as Nemesis is, there's basically only one other boss encounter that isn't him. Nemesis however is the one excellent idea that holds it all together, and provides most of the tension the game has. What really makes it is the meta-aspect though, as fighting Nemesis for the rewards is like playing another game compared to just running away, and adds a whole layer of depth on top of things.

I'd say this is easily the weakest of the three, but Nemesis' presence makes things more complicated; he manages to elevate the comparatively lacking source material and be one of the most memorable game villains ever. There's also the new control features, like the quick turn and dodge. The dodge is a bit temperamental though as the animations are so random and the timing is all over the place; Sometimes it moves you right into an attack and sometimes the game seems to dodge for you even if you just hold the trigger. Still, given RE4's infamous development it's interesting to think that this mechanic was likely a building block of Devil May Cry, and in general you can really see the action element start to reach the forefront in this game. Finally being able to skip cutscenes is also nice.

I'm hoping to move onto some of the later classic RE's like Code Veronica and Zero as I've never properly played them, but I don't know when as I don't own them.[/QUOTE]

Mid-March Update!

Original Post

qsTyyFb.png

Game #16 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (PS3) - 02/03/15

My main interest in this version was the changes that were made to it and I can't really say that I was impressed, especially since I didn't listen to any of the commentary tracks. The boss fights do have other options added to them but those changes only really clicked for me maybe twice, with the others being kinda annoying or poorly designed. And the integration of the DLC into the game didn't really work for me either because I didn't really think either of them were any good at all.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good game, I just wasn't impressed by the Director's Cut. It would've been nice if they'd fixed a lot of the other issues with the game, like the horrendous animations and voice acting or some of the stupid bugs and glitches.

HuFumtn.png

Game #17 - Demon's Souls NA (PS3) - 06/03/15

I've finished Demon's Souls before but with Bloodborne coming out in a couple of weeks, I wanted to give it another try and importing the US version gave me that opportunity. This game is still as incredible as it was when I first played it, way back in mid 2009, before it even received a western release. The gameplay, story, level design, enemy design, boss design and soundtrack are so freaking great.

nPpNrOj.png

Game #18 - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS3) - 10/03/15

This was part of the March PS+ Update, so I gave it a try and it was a bit of a surprise because it's a really good murder mystery adventure game. It's a lot of fun collecting clues, checking them if needed (sometimes using Sherlock's laboratory equipment) and then linking them together to form conclusions, before figuring out a solution that may or may not be correct. It's a lot of fun.

I don't really have the time to go back through the previous games but I think I'll keep an eye out for any future installments.

RYdEHc4.png

Game #19 - Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (PS4) - 14/03/15

An incredibly easy game and there's not much depth in it but it can be pretty fun at times. And there's an absolute ton of unlockables, which has usually been my favourite thing about console fighting games.

Currently Playing
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PSV)
  • SteamWorld Dig (PS4)

Right now I'm trying to get through SteamWorld Dig over the next couple of days and then I'm planning on digging into Helldivers. Need for Speed's kind of an on-off thing with me, so I'll probably pick that up at another point too.

The Hotline Miami 2 delay in NZ and the videos of it being very gun orientated has kinda killed my hype for it. I'll buy it when it comes out but it might just go straight on my backlog because I'll soon have FF Type-0 and Bloodborne in my hands.

jnWake

Main Post

Game #12. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
- Time played: 17:48 hours.
- Completion reached: 100%! Beat every level and cleared every challenge, even time attacks.

Funny that this is the first "next gen" game I finish this year. VC had my hands full before!

Anyway, Captain Toad is a cute "platformer" where you can't jump. Because of this, the gameplay is based on puzzles, finding hidden paths and "stealth" (essentially, avoiding being seen by enemies). One of the main characteristics of the game is that levels are very small and you're meant to switch the camera perspective around to find what you have to do.

The game is pretty fun. The mechanics are simple and there are some clever puzzles here and there. Surprisingly, the level design has a lot of variety so you'll face different challenges in almost every level. Difficulty level is more on the easy side and the harder stuff is trying to accomplish the challenges (every level has one little achievement like not getting hit or getting a certain amount of coins) or trying to clear the time trial challenges. There's also one particularly hard level that you can unlock if you clear every level 100%.

Overall, I'd recommend this game, especially if you liked the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World. The game is cute, pretty, simple and fun, so you can't go wrong!

As a side note, while playing I couldn't help but remember the people complaining about Toadette and Damsels in Distress.
The game must've been such a wild ride for them haha, with Toadette being kidnapped in Chapter 1, Capt. Toad being kidnapped in Chapter 2, Toadette being once again kidnapped in Chapter 3 but then escaping and then being captured one final time before the last boss fight.

Thud

Backloggery
HLTB

'(Game System)' denotes the system I played the game on the most.

Completion:

5RCGy0X.jpg

Game 1: Shovel Knight - 7h+ (Wii U)

I'm actually still playing this game on new game plus.
Completed the main story and simply loved the game.
Now I hate it, because of NG+ and my lack of skills. :(

5A5ceW1.png

Game 2: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 40h+ (PS Vita)

This game was made just for me.
Got a platinum trophy and I consider it the best game Spike Chunsoft made.
Solid basis granted the sequel to go batshit insane.
I adore this franchise. A must play for all Vita owner imo.

kZTlTXX.png

Game 3: Shin Megami Tensei IV - 64h 42m (New 3DS)

Probably the easiest SMT game I ever played, but definitely one of the best.
I went for the neutral ending and wasn't disappointed.
Pretty cool game.

Cz2Ckwj.png

Game 4: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 67h 56m (PS Vita)

The magical girl mode should have been left out.
Grinding for items is no fun. Had a great time with this game.
I just like crazy. Chiaki is definitely my favorite character in the series.

3K9bYRi.jpg

Game 5: Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze - 11h 10m (Wii U)

Retro made a comeback with this game after a horrible Returns.
I'm not really cut out for this so the main story was fine by me.
I may pick it up when going for a 100% completion DKC marathon.

fSmUoO3.jpg

Game 6: Unfinished Swan - 4h (PS Vita)

Amazing visual experience, some things can't be explained with just words.

X0oDfe5.jpg

Game 7: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 78h 13m (New 3DS)

I don't know if there are meetings for map making addicts.
A nice blend of Persona 3 and Persona 4.
I chose the P3 side for the first playtrough.
I got this theme stuck in my head for days while playing.
Did everything I could in 1 playtrough and I'll continue with the P4 side sometime later.

jiuECK6.jpg

Game 8: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers 28h 38m (New 3DS)

I really like the old school artstyle in this game.
Great cast of characters and NPC's. Mechanics are pretty deep.
Game goes from very easy to damn hard in matters of hours.
I'm glad I finished it tho.

Currently playing:

• Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga
  • Hyrule Warriors (Adventure Mode)
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii U
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Shovel Knight (New Game+)
  • Grim Fandago Remastered

Waiting for:

• Game of Thrones Episodes 3-6
  • Codename S.T.E.A.M.
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • J-Stars Victory VS+
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Ultra Despair Girls - Danganronpa Another Episode

Main post

Game 9: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U) - 59h18m [3/14/15] &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
de_hr_dc_logo_zpsrevoggya.png

Beat the game on "Give Me a Challenge" difficulty.

This was my first Deus Ex game, so I don't know how it compares to the others, but in many respects this game felt tailor-made for me. As if the design document was simply "Make TheBigG753 happy". As the game allowed me to play my specific style of stealth gameplay unabated, as well as allowing me to maximize my effectiveness in doing so, I had a great time playing this for the majority of the 60 or so hours I spent with it.

Human Revolution excels in a number of areas, whether it's the excellence in world-building that brings the cities of 2027 to life. Or how the decisions that you make seem to make a tangible impact on the characters that populate this game's world. Or the well-designed levels and hub worlds that encourage exploration and provide numerous different avenues to traverse. I also really liked the way this game did side quests in contrast to many other modern games. Instead of being littered with a number of shallow, repetitive missions, you get a pretty good bang for your buck here. There aren't a ton of them, but they are all pretty unique and have plenty of substance to them. The side missions never felt either superfluous or "lesser" than the main story missions.

There are only a few things to really gripe about with the game. I've heard plenty over the years about the boss fights being real stinkers, and even though they've been supposedly "enhanced" here, they are still pretty stinky. Sure, there are some elements of stealth and hacking that you can make use of, but it feels tacked on (and this makes sense because, well, the bosses weren't designed with those aspects in mind). I also question the inclusion of the "Missing Link" DLC right before the final act of the game. I thought this section was easily the weakest in the entire game, with the forced
loss of abilities
and blatant filler in the form of ridiculous backtracking that the rest of the game stayed away from completely. It really hurt the pacing and momentum of the game and made it start to feel like a slog, just as it was about to reach its climax.

But really, we're only talking about a few hours out of several dozen. Aside from those sections, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a game that I would only put down when my Wii U Game Pad needed to be charged. Because of how rewarding I found the overall game experience, I was consistently driven to keep playing and to keep playing and to keep playing. And even though the story eventually drifted into Metal Gear Solid territory, there were still enough revelations and twists and turns to keep me engaged beginning to end. The fact that the game makes pretty good use of the Wii U Game Pad on top of everything else comes as a nice added bonus. So far, this is the best game I've played in 2015.

GLuigi

Original Post

Game #12: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (3DS) - 20 Hours
My favorite game out of the trilogy. Its always fun to look at Phoenix's past and seeing a younger Mia Fey in action. It felt like the courtroom segments were a lot challenging then the first two games, but the investigation parts were a breeze (except for the last case). Not really much I can say about it since the gameplay is the same as always, but it really was a great way to end the trilogy.

Game #13: Sequence (PC) - 14 Hours
At first I was a little skeptical about having 3 separate arrow lanes in a rhythm game, I thought it would just end up being a train wreck for me. And it was like that for the first few battles I played, but after that it all clicked for me. If you are pretty familiar with rhythm games, I do recommend starting out in medium to get used to swtiching between the three lanes and then switch it to hard before finishing floor 3. Having some RPG elements, i thought I would have to run into some serious grinding near the end game, but thankfully it never really came to that. Each floor always have one battle that gives a generous amount of exp. The only pain was finding rare items for crafting, but its not necessary to make every item in the game.

Soundtrack is fantastic, I gotta buy Ronald Jenkees album one of these days. The writing in the game is pretty funny most of the time, had a few good laughs here and there. Highly recommended, worth the full price.

Currently playing through Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Sequence. I'mLoving the heck out of Sequence right now, I can't get enough of the music. TTGH is starting to warm up to me after a good half hour of trying to figure out how the darn Sensory Input system works. They really should of explained it in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom