• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twelve games in twelve months

cormack12

Gold Member
Alan Wake 2 just done - can either revisit Valhalla, start Mirage or replay TLOU I. Choices............

Strong Woman Kiss GIF by International Biathlon Union

Last edited:

KillaJamm

Okay let's do this:

January - Avatar Frontiers of Pandora (only 16% through according to my PS5 so best get moving)

Last edited:

Jrecard

I was looking through the 52 games thread and wondered how the hell people do it haha, this is much more my speed.

Kicking off with Dead Space Remake, just finished chapter 8 at ~8 hours in so will tick that off soon. Having a lot of fun with it.

Then the plan will probably play out a little like this, bar anything new popping into my library and demanding attention. In no particular order:
RE 2 + 3 + 4 remakes
Cyberpunk 2077 (2nd playthrough, first with PL)
Immortals Fenyx Rising

Spiderman Remastered + Miles
Persona 5 Royal
Gotham Knights (got it cheap and gotta try it for myself, may get abandoned)
Destroy all Humans 2 Reprobed
Callisto Protocol
Alan Wake 2

Would be pretty happy to get through that as a starting point.

January - Dead Space Remake PC 17 hours - 4/5, Resident Evil 2 Remake 16 hours - 3/5
February - Cyberpunk 2077 + PL 70 Hours - 4.8/5
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

3/12

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Claiming this spot for my own. Only including the games I played from start to finish.

January - Guardians of the Galaxy (first time), Resident Evil 2 + 3 Remake (Replays)
February -
March -
Smarch -
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

violence

Claimed. This land is mine.

January
- Zelda Ocarina of Time (PC port)

Currently playing: The Last of Us Part II Remastered

Last edited:

F31 Leopard

Does beating a game without the true ending count? I just beat DQ11 and after the credits you can still continue to get the true ending.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was running a little behind, but I finally wrapped up my January game, Mario Wonder. It was better than I expected. The wonder flowers and purple ten flower coins give you incentive to go through the levels again. There were probably about 7 levels that provided a good challenge. It's cool that you can switch between characters. Although I spent the majority of the time as Mario.

Just started Ducktales Remastered for my February game. Something I always intended to play, but never got around to it.

Katajx

Gold Member
Thought this sounded interesting and I wanted to give it a shot. My game completion percentage per year has been way down.
  • Pokémon Scarlet
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Suicide Squad:KTJL
  • Baldur’s Gate 3
Finished Baldur’s Gate 3. Was quite the ride.
If I get Rebirth and Dragon’s Dogma 2 then I will be halfway there!

Last edited:

Jrecard

Ticked Dead Space Remake and Resident Evil 2 remake off for January. Dead Space was an absolute masterpiece that I highly recommend. RE2 was good and I can see where it earned its praise for the most part but I never really settled into it, I've heard 4 is a completely different style of game so hopefully I will enjoy that more.

On to my 2nd Cyberpunk play through (first with pl dlc) for Feb, currently 12 hours in. Will probably bleed well into March, *just one more gig*

Filben

*UPDATE 2*
Finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS5. It wasn't on my original list but my wife loves to watch me play that game and it's too much shooting for herself when she plays. But she likes the settings, areas and graphics and the whole adventure, exploration vibes.

*UPDATE 1*
Finished Max Payne 2. It must have been like the fitth or sixth time. The gameplay is smoother and more refined than in Max Payne 1, but I think I like the overall style and direction of the first one better, although it has some bullshit levels and enemy spawns in the very late game that doesn't happen in Max Payne 2. I hope they fix that in the remake.

*RESERVED*

Cool idea! No way in hell I'd manage to finish 52 games, even small indie one, in a year. Last year I think I've finished 10.

What I've planned so far for this year:
  • Wasteland 3
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Tomb Raider 1 - 3 Remastered
  • Max Payne 2 - DONE
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • System Shock
  • The Last of Us 2 Remastered
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Cultic
  • Blood West (I releasied too late it's a stealth shooter and it feels very janky, especially when monster attack with melee there is a weird hitbox and it's badly telegraphed. I don't think I will continue playing this.)
  • KotR 2
  • Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition
  • The Case of the Golden Idol
  • Roots of Pacha
  • Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores (Expansion)

Realistically, I will only manage half of that list because Wasteland 3 and BG3 is taking soooo much time (although I'm already in act three in BG3), and I'll be playing Wasteland 3 only once a week in online co-op with my brother, so this is going to take a while, too. On the other hand, games like Max Payne and Alan Wake should be rather quick, and with RE4 I'm already in chapter 13.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
That's a reasonable target so I'm in.

(2023 November? Starfield, December GOW Ragnarok)- Proof that I have what it takes:)

January- Lies Of P-- One of the best soulslike games--9/10
February- Dead Space remake completed. It was better than I expected--9/10
March- Zelda Ocarina of Time--It was magical, straight to the point, no bs, and it has great music-- 10/10
Undertale--It was an ok teenager game--7/10.
April-- Venba--It was short but good. Last part could be longer though, felt rushed-- 8/10.
SMT 5--Still playing it, probably going to be a May candidate.

I hope Baldur's Gate 3 won't take more than three months.

Last edited:
This is awesome and right up my alley. Getting back to some consistent casual gaming after a long unintended hiatus. Reserving this spot!

January - Final Fantasy 15 (XSX)
Initial Inpressions - Just got started and it’s different. Combat takes some time getting used to but switching from the default active to wait mode helps.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Decided to do another playthrough of NSMB 2(3DS) alongside Ducktales Remasted in February. I just can't get enough Mario, it seems.

Sleepwalker

I missed this thread when it was first made, claiming this as my post. Doing the 52 one too but I dont think im going to make it lol.

January - Scars Above
February- Spider-man 2

Platinum on both even though I’m not much of a trophy guy. Helldivers and FF getting my time now.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sure, why not? I've been having a good year so far.

January:
earth-defense-force-5-pc-juego-steam-cover.jpg

February:
kingdom-come-deliverance-thumbnail-main.jpg

March:
dragons-dogma-2-logo_3.jpg

and maybe in April:
2x1_NSwitch_UnicornOverlord_image1600w.jpg

Beaten a few more games this year, like Onimusha Warlords (PS2), RE4 (GC) and RE4R (PC), but I'd say those posted above have been the "major" ones.

Top Bottom