• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What should I play....I have choice paralysis....

Which game should I go for next?

• Total voters

Sojiro

Voted Mario Wonder, it is a very solid game and although it is a bit on the easy side, there are some challenging levels sprinkled about that will push you a bit. It also is one of the quicker playthroughs than the others so you may have time to jump into another before the big hitters of the year start to drop.

Isa

Interesting list. I just completed Like a Dragon Gaiden recently to get ready for Infinite Wealth later this month so I'm good. I too have most of those games on my to do list but I'm saving most for later. I like Mario Wonder a little bit but was a Sega head and don't like the art style. I plan on going through Dead Space 2008 before the remake as I own both. Baldur's Gate 3 for me was a disappointment, but then again I loathe modern D&D and WotC are terrible. Played with my friends and it just didn't click for most of us. Might for you though.

Like you I haven't played Super Mario rpg but I'd rather play something else lol. Cyberpunk I need to go through but its first person and I don't like that so I procrastinate, also the Metal station sucks and the synthwave leaves much to be desired. Xenoblade 3 I dropped but plan to get back into it. Its just too damn long lol. For Persona I'm going to hop back in with 3make next month. But that will be put aside for Yakuza 8 and Granblue Fantasy. Screw Ubisoft. Alan Wake 2 I need to get back to but I was put off by the gameplay. Its so boring compared too the first. Such a gameplay departure. Its pretty certainly but I felt its too busy huffing its own farts. Not bad though. Robofap is pretty good, I made it halfway before I stopped, should polish that one off. Thanks for the mention I'll play that lol.

Join me in a first time SMRPG playthrough. It’s supposedly pretty quick so after that you can still fit in another game or two from that list prior to Rebirth. Im on a similar path in playing some shorter ones prior to FF7. Though not expecting to have a lot of time between now and then.

GametimeUK

That's a fucking good lost and hear me out.

I chose Dead Space because I know how crippling choice paralysis can be. Until you can settle on a longer experience to go through I think Dead Space is the perfect game to take your mind off things.

A simple, well paced game that you'll get immersed and lost in. More importantly you probably won't drop it.

Whenever I have choice paralysis and I start an RPG or long game I end up getting bored or I'm too indecisive.

bender

What time is it?
Hahaha. I got it free and only wanna look at the graphics.
giphy.gif

I can wholeheartedly recommend Dead Space Remake, and Cyberpunk - the others I can't personally attest to.

However, Baldurs Gate 3 aside (and maybe Robocop), I don't see any of the games mentioned being as good as the two I went for.

Of course, you completely forgot my favourite game of the last 12 months, Resident Evil 4 Remake.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game, and for me it was by far the best game released last year and with the Ada Wong DLC it is the icing on the cake.

P.S a special mention goes to Hogwarts Legacy and Spiderman 2 which also missed the list.

Edellus

If you're going to be playing FFVII:Rebirth next, then I suggest something in the complete polar opposite, to work as a palate cleanser. With that in mind, I'd discard anything RPG, open world, and anything that could take too long to finish.

The most polar opossite, IMO, is Dead Space remake. Linear survival horror shooter is as far away from Final Fantasy as it can get.

You could squeeze in Humanity after that too.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Hey squad,

Help me out, I'm stuck in a rut of choice paralysis..After a year of insane releases and finally chipping a few releases of the list, I can't decide what to play next. There's been so many amazing games and now I'm in that kinda lull after fully completing Jedi Survivor.

I've just completed cocoon and planet of lana, which were both amazing and I want to start working through the big games I want to complete, before shit gets crazy in 2024 again.

So, from the poll choices...what do you guys think I should jump on next, and any specific reasons why? I'm kinda leaning on completing Alan wake 2 as I'm a big fan of the first and I have a great PC but I feel like I could do with something absorbing and a bit light hearted to start 2024....

So go for it! The games are all ones I own and want to play hopefully before FfVII. Games I've purchased and haven't had chance to play.

Just thought it would be fun to try this. Might set up a stream and play on twitch.

Tbh, there's probably more games but these are the stand out ones that came to mine without really having to think.

Thanks in advance
Grab a frying pan, smack yourself in the head 3 times and you'll have an idea which one to choose.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I can wholeheartedly recommend Dead Space Remake, and Cyberpunk - the others I can't personally attest to.

However, Baldurs Gate 3 aside (and maybe Robocop), I don't see any of the games mentioned being as good as the two I went for.

Of course, you completely forgot my favourite game of the last 12 months, Resident Evil 4 Remake.

I thoroughly enjoyed that game, and for me it was by far the best game released last year and with the Ada Wong DLC it is the icing on the cake.

P.S a special mention goes to Hogwarts Legacy and Spiderman 2 which also missed the list.

I completed resi 4 twice when it came out. Ain't no way that wasn't jumping to the top of the list when it released. I do have rhe dlc to complete though.. arrrrg more games.
Voted Mario RPG, but the true answer is 40k Rogue Trader.

GIF by Hyper RPG

And there's another one I need to pick up, but I'm saying no more new games until I chip away at these.

So I binged mario wonder for a few hours last night! So good. This is perfect for right now I just need to choose another. Might go for Alan wake 2 or dead space remake as a complete opposite vibe.

Top Bottom