• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stars have aligned! 2 Full Days of gaming. Complete a short game vs. Begin a long Complex game.

What game should I play with my 2 full days off (16 Hours+)

• Xenoblade Chronicles (Really immerse myself and set myself up for successful playthrough)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Dead Space Remake (Begin and complete it!)

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

AppleBlade

I'm a married high school teacher with two kids who are involved in activities. Thus, my individual gaming time is limited to only a few hours a week.

However, the stars have aligned and I am going to have 2 full days off to myself and I definitely want to use that time to play games.

My debate is whether I should use the time to start and complete a shorter game (Dead Space remake is the top contender here) or whether I should use the time to begin and really immerse myself on a longer more involved game that I have been putting off due to it's scale (Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is the top contender here).

As I mentioned, Dead Space remake is what I'm thinking if I go the short game route. The original is one of my favorite horror games ever and it's on GamePass so I want to get to it at some point before it leaves the service. With 2 full days I could easily begin it and complete it during my little break.

On the other hand if I've been trying to play my Switch as much as I can to before the Switch 2 comes out and one series that I have never played but have always wanted to was the Xenoblade Chronicles series. I already have XC: Definitive Edition. I know the game is massive but I feel like if I can get into it and learn the systems in 2 full days of playing it will be easier to keep playing it due to the convenience of the Switch.

Any thoughts?

BossLackey

Gold Member
I vote XBC. And Dead Space is my favorite Survival Horror game.

Reason being, if you make decent headway into a long game, it can give you that little bit of momentum and lock in your commitment.

With Dead Space, you can still beat it in a short time (plus you've played it and as great as the remake is, it's largely the same game).

EDIT: Also, learning the mechanics XBC throws at would probably be easier if ingested in fairly quick succession.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Dead Space remake, you've reminded me that I forgot all about it due to starting too many games at once.

While I absolutely love XC: Definitive Edition, the Dead Space remake sounds appropriate given the context and time you'll have to play.

If you loved the original Dead Space, you're more than likely going to be sucked into the remake. It's great. I enjoyed it more than the RE4 Remake.

Eventually though, definitely try to play XC: Definitive Edition as well.

Top Bottom