• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at the history of Sony PS exclusives coming to PC vs. PS5 Published + What do you think will be the next Sony Exclusive to be announced for PC?

Which do you think it will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solarstrike

Gold Member
page gameplay GIF

Kokoloko85

I may be alone in this, but i think they must keep exclusives on PS consoles.
It makes sense from a business perspective to release them on PC, but long term it will hurt the PS brand. Like xbox, which is bleeding.
Nintendo knows what its doing
Your not alone and 100% right.

It totally makes sense and will hurt them
More and more in the future.

Plenty people have theres no point in them
Buying a PS anymore.

And potential future fans will have a choice, whereas before they didnt. Which meant alot more 1st and 3rd party sales on PS consoles = money.

Some people dont see it for various reasons.

Kokoloko85

Case in point for those who say PC ports don't hurt the Ps5. I wondered how many others across the gaming world are thinking like this 🤷🏿‍♂️
Many, just look at the forums, reddit, twitter etc.

I know people in real life who moved to PC because they think all PS games are eventuall coming to PC.

People are either dumb, just want the best for PC ( and dont care about the PS brand) or just genuinly think consoles are dead and its better they go 3rd party.
And you get the dishones that know it effects tbe PS brand but just act like it wont.
Otherwise of course it effects there future business. We've read those comments or seen it

Celcius

°Temp. member
GT7 on PC would kill PlayStation.
I have it on PS5 and would double dip for PC, but I feel like that’s the biggest exclusive they have…

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In my scenario I still won't buy a PS5 if GoW were never to come to PC, so at least in my scenario, PC ports don't hurt the PS5. If there were more than 1-2 "must buy" games a gen (imo) then maybe, but I'm not going to spend $600 to play one game. There's not enough incentive to spend money on a console for me.
Never buy a console for just a game or two. You’re wasting your money. That’s like buying an annual Costco membership for $60 and all you buy is bulk packs of cereal. It may or may not be worth it in terms of costs, but it definitely is extra hassle for nothing.

With Sonya big trend and PowerPoint slides about PC, if you’re that interested just wait for a port.
God of war sold a couple million copies on PC, so Ragnarok will come too. I can understand any sackboy 2 or returnal 2 perhaps not bothering with a port because sales were so low it gets to a point don’t even bother porting. But all their key IPs and gaas are aside from a handful of hold outs like gt7, baseball and demons souls. Even ghosts is rumoured now.

But if if a game like god of war can sell millions after a 4 year delay, Ragnarok will come sooner and sell more copies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Dont forget Until Dawn and Concord also coming to PC this year

So we have
Horizon Forbidden West
Helldivers 2
Until Dawn
Concord

If Ghost of Tsushima is announced that will be 5 games (at least) this year.

Damigos

Your not alone and 100% right.

It totally makes sense and will hurt them
More and more in the future.

Plenty people have theres no point in them
Buying a PS anymore.

And potential future fans will have a choice, whereas before they didnt. Which meant alot more 1st and 3rd party sales on PS consoles = money.

Some people dont see it for various reasons.
I 100% agree.
People forget that one of the best deals in gaming, GamePass, was created because of console wars. Sony had to respond to GamePass, by creating another excellent service, PS+ middle tier.
The one who benefits from competition, or even rivalries, is us.

Kokoloko85

Well that must be a statistically significant number.

May want to give PlayStation the heads up on that.
They can google search plenty of people who say I dont need a PS console anymore, just like PC fans who left Xbox too.
But people like to have a blindfold on for that it seems

Fbh

I still don't get why Demon Souls isn't on PC.
The Souls games are big on PC so you already have a pre established fanbase there, and I'm sure there's plenty of PC players who got into the franchise with Dark Souls but would be really curious to check out "the original".
Instead they bring over Ratchet, which is like the 9th entry in a series that has never been on PC in a genre that has never been too popular on PC.

I may be alone in this, but i think they must keep exclusives on PS consoles.
It makes sense from a business perspective to release them on PC, but long term it will hurt the PS brand. Like xbox, which is bleeding.
Nintendo knows what its doing

Sony is betting on the fact that there's a big audience on PC that simply don't want a console and there's a big audience on console that simply don't want a PC.
Lots of PC players have no interest in buying a console and won't buy a Playstation no matter which exclusives Sony puts on the system, but if they'll buy games if Sony makes them available to them on PC.
On the other side you have a lot of people who don't want to deal with PC, they don't want to build one or buy an expensive pre built one, they want a relatively cheap box that offers good performance for the price, has a more "plug and play" feel to it and is easy to set up next to the TV.

I have it on PS5 and would double dip for PC, but I feel like that’s the biggest exclusive they have…
I think GT7 with mod support murders original assetto Corsa playerbase.

They could flock to gt. Original AC physics are very similar to GT7

Last edited:

yurinka

Sony PC releases, by year:

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Predator: Hunting Grounds
Days Gone

God of War
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Spider-Man Remastered
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Spider-Man Miles Morales

Returnal
The Last of Us Part 1
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Helldivers 2
Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition (March 2024)

I'd say:

Helldivers 2
HFW
Until Dawn
TLOUP2R
Concord (day one)
* Convallaria (if Sony also publishes them on PC)
* Lost Soul Aside (if Sony also publishes them on PC)

GoT DC
Demon's Souls
Marathon (day one)
* Maybe Gravity Rush Collection (due to adaptation)
* Maybe Dreams

Helldivers 1 was their first PC
It was not their first game. In reality Sony published games on computers since forever via multiple labels:
  • Sony published MSX games in the '80s.
  • Later as CSG/Sony Imagesoft (SIE precedesor) published on multiple consoles and PC.
  • Psygnosis (as SIE subsidiary), SOE (was SIE subsidiary) also published multiple PC games in the 90s and later.
  • Since the 2017 (Andrew House, Shuhei Yoshida and Shawn Layden era in SIE) they also published on PC via non-SIE Sony labels like Sony Pictures Virtual Reality and Sony Music Entertainment's Unties.
  • More recently also via other Sony Music subsidiaries like Aniplex, Lassengle, Crunchyroll Games. Depending on the case having published PC stuff before the acquisition, or doing so via other publishers.

Last edited:

BloodborneHat3r

Neo Member
Sony is cleaning the house, may slow down things in short term but in the long term I expect a stronger Sony&PC partnership as in xbox is dead and Sony knows while they won't convert PC gamers to PS gamers, they are well aware PC gamers can be solid Sony customers as Helldivers 2 objectively prooved.
Square Enix looks like the one unique sperging special child now as in they are the only dev playing console wars passionately. I mean they failed to milk FF7 to its max by limiting it to one platform and there won't be another FF like FF7. Like at one point I wanted to join Atlus corp meetings than having Persona 5 on PC. Then how SEGA woke up from the nightmare and beach slapped the extrem traditional Japanese talent agency and put Judgement on PC.

Haram!!!.jpg
E6LzQH7XMAckwcy.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
God of war and spider man prob be the easiest to get a big return on but can see ghost coming and last of us 2 remake fairly quickly at this point.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have a feeling that if they do port GT7, it will be last.
Especially since they're still working on bringing PSVR2 over to PC.

Bry0

It’s the one I’m most skeptical of too, though I’m interested about the psvr2 pc announcement as that was one of the things I was hung up on. I’m also wondering about cross progression, porting the engine, RT support, cross play online?

It’s one of my favorite games so I’d buy it again for pc in a heartbeat.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe not though.

Pretty sure their SP games like LOU, GOW and Spidey sell more than a GT game. Googling it, even Uncharted 4 sold 15M units.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It’s the one I’m most skeptical of too, though I’m interested about the psvr2 pc announcement as that was one of the things I was hung up on. I’m also wondering about cross progression, porting the engine, RT support, cross play online?

It’s one of my favorite games so I’d buy it again for pc in a heartbeat.
Yeah if they do port it then I really hope they allow us to transfer our progress over because those $20 million cars aren't cheap. I would think they should be able to though since our saves are stored on their servers.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Some updates from Silknigth

God of War Ragnarok and SM2

Demon Souls Remake

So far Playstation games confirmed for release this year on PC are Horizon Forbidden West, Helldiver 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Until Dawn and Concord.

Top Bottom