• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Other Games Feature A Hot Female Protagonist Like Stellar Blade In Recent Years?

Astral Dog

Metroid Dread
images

Last edited:

Bojji

Protagonist?
Not sure I've seen any as "hot" as that, especially when hot is usually equated with naked anime weirdness and I don't play those kind of games. Claire Redfield in RE2 Remake maybe?

I'll tell you I was extremely attracted to Forbidden West protagonist with the Tenakth Reaver armor, to the point I legit got distracted multiple times.

ij2cAtX.png

50jfLEm.png

aBJhpxl.png

sgvJRJE.png

f0Y7CxR.png

31GpYGe.png

but they made her less attractive compared to RL:

Vick

but they made her less attractive compared to RL:

This is actually not true at all, as Hannah Hoekstra is entirely flat chested.
You can see it extremely clearly in the movie Hemel where she's naked all the time, no breast whatsoever to the point she looks like a man. In the game they gave her absolutely perfect boobs.

But also, that interview is from a decade ago, the model they scanned looks like this nowadays:

hannah-hoekstra-gaat-niet-zomaar-kleren-in-films.jpg

EMST20170711-008.jpg

But I understand this comes as shocking after all those memes to people who haven't played the game.

I'm not going to post the breast comparison because of what happened last time, but if you're okay with it I'll share it via PM.

Last edited:

e0n

Too many people in this thread only read the thread title instead of the criteria mentioned in the OP.

Anyway if Aloy is legit the hottest female Protagonist in the last few years, things are worse than I thought. We need Stellar Blade and we need it to be good.
Who would OP define as hot? And why would it matter if they are a protagonist if you just want to see someone attractive? I can name lot of female protagonists in the last five years, but it's not like it says anything about the state of gaming.

Too many people in this thread only read the thread title instead of the criteria mentioned in the OP.
It doesn't matter, the thread has already been ruined by those who are still upset months/years later over Sony first party character faces.

They could have tried to answer the OP's question but instead they chose to complain about the usual suspects.

Anyway, here's new Jill:
3cae4da3028cf599b406ca30d38bfdba.jpg

bqwx7dylb4sa1.jpg

xrnzaaas

New Jill isn't hot. Capcom is in fact working against hot characters in new RE games, doing stuff like censoring clothes to avoid making them show too much skin or upskirt (including trying to fight with mod creators) and paying close attention to their looks so they don't end up "unrealistically" pretty.

New Jill isn't hot. Capcom is in fact working against hot characters in new RE games, doing stuff like censoring clothes to avoid making them show too much skin or upskirt (including trying to fight with mod creators) and paying close attention to their looks so they don't end up "unrealistically" pretty.
And this is why some people don't take the 'uglified' rants seriously online.

For some, even when presented with an actual good facescanned model that looks great in game, it still is never good enough. It never will be.

Bojji

This is actually not true at all, as Hannah Hoekstra is entirely flat chested.
You can see it extremely clearly in the movie Hemel where she's naked all the time, no breast whatsoever to the point she looks like a man. In the game they gave her absolutely perfect boobs.

But also, that interview is from a decade ago, the model they scanned looks like this nowadays:

EMST20170711-008.jpg

But I understand this comes as shocking after all those memes to people who haven't played the game.

I'm not going to post the breast comparison because of what happened last time, but if you're okay with it I'll share it via PM.

She still looks good and PERSONALLY I don't care that much about breast size. What I care about is that they made her face look worse than how Hannah Hoekstra looked when they took her scan (game released when she was 30 but they obviously scanned her at least around 2015) and THEN made her character look less attractive in the sequel.

Aloy is supposed to be ~18 in HZD and ~20 in FW so she should look like actress in her prime.

Last edited:

Madflavor

It doesn't matter, the thread has already been ruined by those who are still upset months/years later over Sony first party character faces.

They could have tried to answer the OP's question but instead they chose to complain about the usual suspects.

Anyway, here's new Jill:
3cae4da3028cf599b406ca30d38bfdba.jpg

bqwx7dylb4sa1.jpg
Oh shit. I forgot about Jill.

Based Japan always coming through for us.

And this is why some people don't take the 'uglified' rants seriously online.

For some, even when presented with an actual good facescanned model that looks great in game, it still is never good enough. It never will be.
Your mistake is thinking that the standard needs to stay within the realm of plausibility.

Yes, she is beautiful... For a REAL person.

But the beauty standards of gamers is like the muscle standards for action heroes. We are not actually asking for realism, never were. We are asking for FANTASY, Elvish perfection. Because games had been and always will be fantasy, and the standards are way beyond what humans are capable of achieving.

Western developers are stuck in this strange trap of thinking gamers want things to be "realistic", No, we damn don't. We want hyper-realism. More real than real. Games can and thus, NEED, to be "larger-than-Life".

taizuke

Name?

Hades 2 seems to have one

Yes. We can count Hades 2.

Protagonist?
Not sure I've seen any as "hot" as that, especially when hot is usually equated with naked anime weirdness and I don't play those kind of games. Claire Redfield in RE2 Remake maybe?

I'll tell you I was extremely attracted to Forbidden West protagonist with the Tenakth Reaver armor, to the point I legit got distracted multiple times.

50jfLEm.png

Hot is hot. Why would it be equated to only naked anime characters? You could say most anime characters are hot and whatnot, but that's anime in general.

As for Aloy, I do think she's attractive, and I love the pics you posted.

It's almost as if my thread title says "what other hot female characters are in video games." lol

Who would OP define as hot? And why would it matter if they are a protagonist if you just want to see someone attractive? I can name lot of female protagonists in the last five years, but it's not like it says anything about the state of gaming.

What I define as hot is basically characters like Eve and 2B. I've seen a couple of cute or pretty suggestions in this thread like Peach or Atelier Sophie, but again, they're just cute.

And we can name a lot of female protagonists in the last couple of years. But, there's definitely been an aversion to making them attractive, especially from western studios. Now, i know characters that look like Eve used to be the norm back in the day, but that doesn't mean the opposite should be the industry standard.

We can have Selene in Returnal, and we can also have Eve in Stellar Blade. But, what I don't want is the industry thinking only one type of female character exists, the one that doesn't appeal to the male gaze.

While I do think new Jill is attractive, slowly but surely Japan is caving to the sensitivities of western culture.

Thread title sounds a little thirsty :messenger_grimmacing_

It's for research, I promise...

Last edited:

Doom85

I know everyone focuses on Tracer’s butt being “nerfed”, but Kiriko and Sojourn were pretty hot additions to Overwatch. Kiriko being a total cutie, and Sojourn for giving me fantasies about what she could do with those thighs of hers.

hk1wadw.jpg

96TnOz8.png

And damn, did the ladies look fine in their K-pop outfits.

K-Pop Heart GIF by Xbox

I thought Brigitte and Ashe would count (I’ll respect the five year rule, but the “protagonist” rule is dumb. A hot character is a hot character, and games can have multiple playable characters anyway), but apparently they released in 2018. So close!

daffy duck masturbation GIF

Seriously, in a setting that has long been denied makeup and other care products due to it being post-apocalypse for a long ass time, that’s a damn fine woman.

Also, as others have said, Baldur’s Gate 3 is just HOT. Like for fucks sake, they made even the 60 year old (in elf years) half elf Jaheira sexy. That accent, god damn!

rhXqqb7.jpg

While I do think new Jill is attractive, slowly but surely Japan is caving to the sensitivities of western culture.

r2cu9fi.jpg

lUMXsie.jpg

RWBNIuu.jpg

I mean, if we’re talking about Capcom alone, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

The only way I see Japan acknowledging “western sensibilities” is that, minus a few exceptions, anime has mostly gotten rid of the “character gropes someone for a laugh” shtick in recent years. Which shouldn’t be an issue. You can have sex appeal, fanservice, horny characters, etc. without having someone get sexually assaulted and the show apparently thinks were supposed to find this funny as opposed to being like, “WTF?”

This is a (one of many) reason why Denji from Chainsaw Man rules. He’s a horny guy who flat out declares it his dream to touch some boobs, but he respects consent and such. We need more guys like him in anime and less of that dumb shit like the lead in Seven Deadly Sins.

Last edited:

Vick

She still looks good and PERSONALLY I don't care that much about breast size. What I care about is that they made her face look worse than how Hannah Hoekstra looked when they took her scan (game released when she was 30 but they obviously scanned her at least around 2015)
Sorry man, but none of this is backed by any proof while being instead super easily disproved. And yet parroted ad nauseam for years.

They didn't at all "made her face look worse", that's just how scanning work and you can see it happen on every single game in history that took advantage of this technology (Stellar Blade didn't use the model face), even Capcom models always look way worse than the original models (most of the time actual professional models).

JqDUNff.png

AAipDYx.png

TVc0AZ4.png

Here they also had to adapt Ashly Burch performance capture on the entirely different Hannah face.

AT8C0ky.png

and THEN made her character look less attractive in the sequel.
Again, this is nonsense. All they did compared to the Zero Dawn is adding more polygons and obviously much higher resolution textures and entirely revamped shaders, and on PS5 they were able add Hannah's peach fuzz. Aside from that it's the same exact model.

TshZDK0.png

WKEn8LK.png

To me the only fact here is they took a flat chested female and provided her with a perfect pair of jugs, mascara by default, tons of makeup options, many Photo Mode sexy poses, while making her a canon red hair who swims like a mermaid and is desired by every male (and even some female) in the game world. Way more feminine in her mannerims, poses and animations than RE3R Jill.

gSB7ARS.png

Hot is hot. Why would it be equated to only naked anime characters? You could say most anime characters are hot and whatnot, but that's anime in general.

As for Aloy, I do think she's attractive, and I love the pics you posted.
I wasn't referring to you by the way, that's just what I saw many times in here. And wasn't even a critique, just an observation of how many users like simple and exaggerated drawings instead of real people.

Last edited:

Felessan

I just can't support wanton censorship like this. And don't get me started on the localization.
I doubt Sony would be bothered with such small changes.
My guess would be that CyGames censored it to meet chinese regulatory standards - changes look exactly like you see in games adopted for chinese market. And game is available and quite popular in chinese space (more than half of user reviews are in Chinese), so it was small sacrifice for CyGames.

People saying Aloy isn't attractive but then post or like anime girl posts really says a lot about your real world experience with women lmao.
HZD - she is attractive. HFW - she suddenly aged 10+ years and looks like she is in her thirties and time was not merciful to her. This is unrealistic and disappointing because in game timeline it was only half a year, so she should look the same as in 1st game

Bojji

Sorry man, but none of this is backed by any proof while being instead super easily disproved. And yet parroted ad nauseam for years.

They didn't at all "made her face look worse", that's just how scanning work and you can see it happen on every single game in history that took advantage of this technology (Stellar Blade didn't use the model face), even Capcom models always look way worse than the original models (most of the time actual professional models).

JqDUNff.png

AAipDYx.png

Here they also had to adapt Ashly Burch performance capture on the entirely different Hannah face.

AT8C0ky.png

Again, this is nonsense. All they did compared to the Zero Dawn is adding more polygons and obviously much higher resolution textures and entirely revamped shaders, and on PS5 they were able add Hannah's peach fuzz. Aside from that it's the same exact model.

TshZDK0.png

WKEn8LK.png

To me the only fact here is they took a flat chested female and provided her with a perfect pair of jugs, mascara by default, tons of makeup options, many Photo Mode sexy poses, while making her a canon red hair who swims like a marmaid and is desired by every male (and even some female) in the game world. Way more feminine in her mannerims, poses and animations than RE3R Jill.

gSB7ARS.png

I wasn't referring to you by the way, that's just what I saw many times in here. And wasn't even a critique, just an observation of how many users like simple and exaggerated drawings instead of real people.

This scan isn't how aloy looks in game, you can't convince me they didn't make her uglier. Without face armour she has fat face.

kpZsAfV_d.webp

Vick

This scan isn't how aloy looks in game, you can't convince me they didn't make her uglier. Without face armour she has fat face.

kpZsAfV_d.webp
Buddy.. I posted actual data from the studio, and you come with this nonsensical comparison? That focal lenght mostrosity of a scene isn't even the game.

This is your actress, while wearing make up even..

hannah-hoekstra-mocht-alleen-eigen-scenes-voor-charlies-angels-lezen.jpg

EMST20170711-008.jpg

18d774569e578-screenshotUrl.jpg

But as you said, not even facts can't convince you so I guess I wasted enough time. Take care.

Bojji

Not a good comparison, those images are at different focal lengths, you can easily tell by the ears
img.jpg

She has fat face in FW, I don't get why people are defensive about GG, they obviously made her look less attractive in game for "reasons".

Aloy model, 2013 (she was ~26 and character is supposed to be younger), she doesn't have fat face:

But as you said, not even facts can't convince you so I guess I wasted enough time. Take care.

I can agree that we won't be able to agree on this matter.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
She has fat face in FW, I don't get why people are defensive about GG
I haven't played the game or know what gg is, I'm not defensive about anything, but the comparison you posted is terrible, one looks like a professional portrait at 200+mm focal length, and the other looks like a selfie sub 50mm focal length, the ears and background make it clear.

Vick

She has fat face in FW, I don't get why people are defensive about GG, they obviously made her look less attractive in game for "reasons".

Aloy model, 2013 (she was ~26 and character is supposed to be younger), she doesn't have fat face:

I can agree that we won't be able to agree on this matter.

But she has a "fat" face because Hannah's face is a square. Posting decades old material where hair are covering half her face to prove a point already disproved by data doesn't really make much sense.
Oh well, at least we can agree that we won't be able to agree on this matter. :messenger_bicep:

The only way I see Japan acknowledging “western sensibilities” is that, minus a few exceptions, anime has mostly gotten rid of the “character gropes someone for a laugh” shtick in recent years. Which shouldn’t be an issue. You can have sex appeal, fanservice, horny characters, etc. without having someone get sexually assaulted and the show apparently thinks were supposed to find this funny as opposed to being like, “WTF?”

This is a (one of many) reason why Denji from Chainsaw Man rules. He’s a horny guy who flat out declares it his dream to touch some boobs, but he respects consent and such. We need more guys like him in anime and less of that dumb shit like the lead in Seven Deadly Sins.

Really, you actually think that censoring that is OK? Man you sound like a tourist lol. They aren't real and you're talking about consent. It's a cartoon lol

I can't take you seriously anymore

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Last edited:

Bojji

I haven't played the game or know what gg is, I'm not defensive about anything, but the comparison you posted is terrible, one looks like a professional portrait at 200+mm focal length, and the other looks like a selfie sub 50mm focal length, the ears and background make it clear.

I didn't make this comparison. Her face really bothered me in game so I constantly was putting her in some kind of face armour.

Hannah Hoekstra isn't some ideal woman but she is attractive and for "some reason" GG decided to make Aloy look worse. This fucking annoys me.

StueyDuck

This thread makes me laugh.

Only because people seem to mock a fairly normal looking character then continue to post ugg the destroyer from Amazonia as "hot" 🤣. Some big ass gruntilda from a fighting game with heinous anime proportions.

Some of you guys are posting characters that look like this but in anime style

SbKEy3S.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom