• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shiftlings is out now, co op game for ps4, xbox one and Steam

Tailzo

shiftlings_logo_shadow_014.png

Available on PS4, XBOX One and Steam

Control two adorably dim-witted alien space janitors in this quirky and colorful platform puzzler. Conjoined by an air hose, you must shift size and weight between the two cosmic custodians to avoid dangerous traps and fix problems before disaster strikes.

I bought it now. Excited to try it later today :)

Youtube gameplay;
https://youtu.be/tcOC__I1HUI

Disclamer: I know one of the developers :)

Also, I've heard this game is best in coop, so I'll try it coop :)

Tailzo

It looks really wonderful, I only had to time to start it and marvel at the colors yesterday. :)

It's sort of impressive just how badly Activision is getting the word out about it's Sierra label games.

That's a shame. So many on this message board asks for couch-coop games, and when we get one for current gen, noone knows about it...

wouwie

It's sort of impressive just how badly Activision is getting the word out about it's Sierra label games.

Agreed. Futurlab was so proud of their agreement with Sierra but Sierra will have to do a better job promoting their games than they did with Shiftlings.

I was interested in this game so when it was released, i went online to check reviews. Days after release, there was not a single review to be found. Even now, there aren't many reviews either.

Anyhow, apparently the game is beter suited for co-op than single player (which was to be expected) so i think i'll pass (or wait for a sale). It's a shame since the game looked interesting.

wouwie

It looks really wonderful, I only had to time to start it and marvel at the colors yesterday. :

Are you playing in single player, Tailzo? It's going to be interesting to hear what you think of the game.

edit: ah, i see you're playing in co-op

Tailzo

I've been able to try it in single player. Sadly, I've played it more alone than in coop. But here are some thoughts:
- Pressing the button to switch characters, doesn't come naturaly for me, even after over half an hour of playing.
- The puzzles are easy, but clever in the beginning. Size alone isn't the whole difference.
- you can use the inflated player for greater weight, jump pad and it feels like a solid game mechanic

I don't listen to the announcer much, he's kind of annoying if I die :p

Great puzzle game so far.A good buy if you liked lost vikings or other sidescroller puzzle games.

Tailzo

I played it more in coop yesterday, was fun while it lasted :) I wish we had more time to play. The friends visiting were interested to know that the game was made in Tønsberg :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Main idea behind Shiftlings was to offer a proper couch co-op experience. :)

Since you're here, I noticed earlier that the art book DLC app on Steam is still private, which means those who pre-ordered can't download it via installation:

shiftlings0vxk5.jpg

Entering download_depot 310810 353350 in the console works, but most people aren't going to know to do that.

Tash

Since you're here, I noticed earlier that the art book DLC app on Steam is still private, which means those who pre-ordered can't download it via installation:

shiftlings0vxk5.jpg

Entering download_depot 310810 353350 in the console works, but most people aren't going to know to do that.

Oh snap! Thank you! Will take this back and have it fixed!

This was rated for Wii U. Wonder if it exists or not.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992366

There will be an official announcement in that regard :)

Tailzo

Shiftlings was my saturday coop multiplayer game of choixe today, we started from the brginning and all the way to the number eight or nine level.

Great fun. The last two levels were the kind of "aw we gotta go... But just another level" :)

Top Bottom