• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for January] Resident Evil 2, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Hardspace: Shipbreaker and more

Aenima

Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong | PS4, PS5
Is this any good? Its the only game from the PS+Extra lineup that im interested in trying. The reviews are all in the mediocre side but the gameplay looks interesting to me.
RE2 is a great add but i already own it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They're going to need a large enough back catalog of games before they really start to lean into monthly PSVR2 games. They'll also want to wait for these games to have been on the platform for a requisite amount of time.

My guess is we won't see PSVR2 games on PS+ until PSVR2 drops in price and more people have had an opportunity to buy these games at relatively full price.

People are counting PSVR2 out already, but it hasn't gotten a really needed price cut, and some big name titles like Ace Combat are still yet to come out and that's just a matter of time.

PSVR2 could probably in my mind live off of Ace Combat 8, Gran Turismo 7, and Resident Evil 4. That trio is really proof positive of what PSVR2 can deliver.

I'm sure we'll see some things like a Resistance Trilogy remaster featuring VR Mode. Makes too much sense given the PS5's need for FPS and Insomniac's experience with VR.

The lack of PSVR2 games is insane to me!!!

GHG

Mediocre lineup besides RE2.

I think I know why you're saying that.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Love the Vampire Swansong. Just the best 7/10 ever. Everyone that likes telltale should try it, has a pretty deep conversation system and attempting branching narrative like Detroit Become Human but at like 1/4 th the budget. Love it to bits.

Will try Hardspace Shipbreaker and Tiny Tina.

Last edited:
The lack of PSVR2 games is insane to me!!!

I think they launched too soon. I think they wanted to get out in front of Quest 3 and I'm guessing they thought more games would be coming out sooner, but games in general have been delayed.

I'm convinced that games are behind schedule across the board due to remote work but the reality recruiting is hard if you aren't at least hybrid.

I also think that they were counting on flat games with VR modes and those modes being delayed or canceled (due to lack of priority given the small userbase).

That being said, it's only been a year and we already have GT7, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Village, and Horizon, not to mention key ports like Beat Saber, Among Us, and No Mans Sky.

By count it looks like there at 158 PSVR2 games.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah I'm dropping to standard or hopefully not at all if I can live without cloud saves. But it sucks having multiple ps5s and no cloud saving.

elmos-acc

I just bought Session and are playing towards Platinum, if anyone is going to try it the should probably know a few things:

- It's an indie simulator with not a lot of content. It's made for people who understand how skateboarding works. Some tricky challenges might take an hour.
- The learning curve is pretty steep. Skate. (the first one) is one of my favorite games OAT, it was hard to unlearn that gameplay. Especially with grinds.
- TWEAK THE GAMEPLAY SETTINGS at least at first. Decrease gravity, increase push speed etc. The game is all about being in total control of your character and the board. The game does nothing for you automatically.

I was really disappointed at first, I thought I would be good at it instantly but it took me a couple of days to actually understand how to play the game.

xrnzaaas

Yeah I'm dropping to standard or hopefully not at all if I can live without cloud saves. But it sucks having multiple ps5s and no cloud saving.
I will always say this was a deliberate move to tie people to PS+ even if someone isn't interested in paying for online. With PS4 games you at least could've made your own usb backups.

Solid month like usual. Exactly what subscriptions should be. Nice mix of high production value, nichier stuff, remasters and classics.
Only missing the leaving games info which kinda dictates my next played games and is therefore sorta more relevant than new additons.

Sony have revealed the PS+ Extra titles that will be leaving in February:
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Hue
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Lost Sphear
  • Lost Words: Beyond the Page
  • Oninaki
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Tacoma
  • Tekken 7
  • Thomas Was Alone
20240119132440-1705670847342.jpg