• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I'm serious. If I were a betting man I'd make the bet right now that the protagonist of P6 is male or is a choice.

Oooh I am so ready to take you on on this. I know you aren't a betting man but... let's do it anyway. Nothing too serious, but i'd be willing to avatar bet you on this.

How's about it?

Oooh I am so ready to take you on on this. I know you aren't a betting man but... let's do it anyway. Nothing too serious, but i'd be willing to avatar bet you on this.

How's about it?
Avatar is out, that's my one rule. My avatar never changes. Not even on bets I think I'll win, I never bet my avatar.

If you really want to bet that bad, I'd be willing to do something small, just not my avatar.

PK Gaming

Avatar is out, that's my one rule. My avatar never changes. Not even on bets I think I'll win, I never bet my avatar.

If you really want to bet that bad, I'd be willing to do something small, just not my avatar.

Okay, how about this:

-The winner decides the name for the losers protagonist on their first playthrough of Persona 6

Lunar15

I can't guarantee you I'll still be posting here whenever P6 is an actual think (which could be whenever) but I guarantee you someone will remember this bet. NeoGaf is built on this kind of long game stuff.

Cool, it's a done deal.

It's a risky bet, but it'll be oh so worth it. I wonder what i'll make you call your protagonist...? I was think of "Awkward Moment."
I'm going to come up with mine at the spur of the moment because that's how I come up with my best names.

Or, alternatively, I'm going to name your protagonist "Ten Ten."

PK Gaming

I can't guarantee you I'll still be posting here whenever P6 is an actual think (which could be whenever) but I guarantee you someone will remember this bet. NeoGaf is built on this kind of long game stuff.

I'm going to come up with mine at the spur of the moment because that's how I come up with my best names.

Or, alternatively, I'm going to name your protagonist "Ten Ten."

That irrelevant character from Naruto?

Jintor

tumblr_nloyd7Ewve1trk026o1_1280.jpg

sorry i dunno sauce

Dantis

Had a realisation about P4D's character trailers: The costume sets haven't been repeating across them, which suggests to me that the costume sets probably apply to all character (Except Kanamin, possibly?). So far we have:

Rise: Winter uniform, summer casual, halloween (the only one that repeats, but Rise's halloween outfit is new)

Narukami: Summer uniform, butler, Hard boiled

Kanamin: Swimsuit

Yosuke: Festival jubei, Halloween, Junes apron

Also, my current rating of the dancing styles so far Narukami > Yosuke = Rise > Kanamin

Rise's isn't actually nearly as bad as I had expected it to be.

Had a realisation about P4D's character trailers: The costume sets haven't been repeating across them, which suggests to me that the costume sets probably apply to all character (Except Kanamin, possibly?). So far we have:

Rise: Winter uniform, summer casual, halloween (the only one that repeats, but Rise's halloween outfit is new)

Narukami: Summer uniform, butler, Hard boiled

Kanamin: Swimsuit

Yosuke: Festival jubei, Halloween, Junes apron

I think so too, except for Kanamin they will all have these "standard" sets and maybe extra or some special/different kind of clothes for each one?

Also, my current rating of the dancing styles so far Narukami > Yosuke = Rise > Kanamin

Rise's isn't actually nearly as bad as I had expected it to be.

What do you mean? Why did you think it would be bad?

Dantis

Assuming I'm right about different costume sets being revealed in different P4D trailers, anyone want to guess who will get what?

I think Chie will be next, and will have winter casual, velvet room and her Bruce Lee outfit.

LX_Theo

Banned
Trying to recall exactly how Yukiko appears to dance.

Basically, whether her style will make the kimono style costumes she has so much of not possible or not.

Sophia

Basically, whether her style will make the kimono style costumes she has so much of not possible or not.

Ballet. So any kimono style costumes wouldn't work without some modification to give her more leg room.

Dantis

Considering that Yosuke has the festival jubei, I'm pretty sure Yukiko will have her kimono in some form.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member

Lmao, Atlus better grab this opportunity!

Back to the Femc discussion last page, what if they did something like P2 were P5 is actually two parts? Maybe the second part is a different perspective on the first part through the obvious Sherlock-like character they will have to compliment Phantom-kun's Arsene? Or just a second part to the first story through that character? P5 is already stealing P2's colour scheme, might as well be a duo-logy too, hehe.

Lmao, Atlus better grab this opportunity!

Back to the Femc discussion last page, what if they did something like P2 were P5 is actually two parts? Maybe the second part is a different perspective on the first part through the obvious Sherlock-like character they will have to compliment Phantom-kun's Arsene? Or just a second part to the first story through that character? P5 is already stealing P2's colour scheme, might as well be a duo-logy too, hehe.

I believe they got some backlash in Japan from pulling that with Digital Devil Saga without giving any warning beforehand. I'd be surprised if P5 wasn't a complete story. I do like the idea of seeing the protagonists from an outside perspective though.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I believe they got some backlash in Japan from pulling that with Digital Devil Saga without giving any warning beforehand. I'd be surprised if P5 wasn't a complete story. I do like the idea of seeing the protagonists from an outside perspective though.

They did? Huh, didn't know that. Yeah, that's what I found fun as I was playing EP. Like a few of the event would sorta start the same like in IS but with things changed around. It then came to a point were things took a much different turn in event cause of the changes to the universe in EP vs IS' world. I liked the duality of both games, how they kinda compliment each other. I would like to see that again in another Persona game tbh. It'd be nice to have dual protagonist again, especially having one working in "chaos" (thief/vigilante) and one in "law" (detective) if we have that in P5.

But I guess we'll see what Atlus has in store when more of the plot and characters are revealed later on this year.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Late game PQ stuff.

Just did the optional fight with
Margaret
. Cool stuff.

I had no idea that you could get evolved Persona's in this, and I'm really glad that triggering it fills up that vacant fourth skill slot, which has been bugging me all game.

I think it was nice how they handled the situation with Koro and Shinji as well.

I'd planned on saving it until I was about to fight the last boss too, but got frustrated trying to solve a damn FOE movement puzzle and thought I'd give it a shot.

DNAbro

Late game PQ stuff.

Just did the optional fight with
Margaret
. Cool stuff.

I had no idea that you could get evolved Persona's in this, and I'm really glad that triggering it fills up that vacant fourth skill slot, which has been bugging me all game.

I think it was nice how they handled the situation with Koro and Shinji as well.

I'd planned on saving it until I was about to fight the last boss too, but got frustrated trying to solve a damn FOE movement puzzle and thought I'd give it a shot.

just a little hint thing that i didn't realize at first

Koro does have an "upgraded" persona. it just doesn't change, but it does give a new ability. Shinji doesn't at all.

Makio

I expected her to turn them into piles of smoldering ash, but that works too.

I only quote to you message , just to say i frickin love your Eliza Cassan avatar , i love to see a character like her in some SMT in the future
one sexy AI personality is better than any high school robot girl any time...

Nachos

As for EP, I think it shines because of the limited tools. Take Etrian Odyssey. A talented composer can make old hardware sing.
Totally. Etrian wouldn't be what it is without Koshiro always doing the music. It really disappointed me that Q didn't feature any tracks using FM synth or that Koshiro didn't contribute more to the soundtrack.

Dantis

That looks really bad.

Rise looks good on it though.

EDIT: I only just realised that Chie's leg is covering up Naoto's leg. I thought Naoto had some kind of deformed pose.

Also I feel like the chances of more playable characters just dropped significantly.

cj_iwakura

I only quote to you message , just to say i frickin love your Eliza Cassan avatar , i love to see a character like her in some SMT in the future
one sexy AI personality is better than any high school robot girl any time...

I love cyberpunk settings, and that game nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom