• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Totz

Gray Fox in 1970:

Null.jpg

RavenFox

Banned
Bit-Bit said:
When Grey Fox took his helmet off in MGS1, wasn't his right eye also cybernetic?

That's Raiden in the pic, but what if Grey Fox is connected to all of this?

EDIT: I hate you guys, you're too fast!
From what I read only two people ever had eye damage. That's Fox and Boss.

What are the chances of this having something to do with
Solidus. Since he's got the same exact genetic makeup as Big Boss, even with the eye patch?

Big Boss and Raidenkov (or whatever the name was in MGS3)?

Orrrrr this takes place way way way way after MGS4 and that is actually Johnny and not Big Boss and they made "production" versions of a Raiden super soldier for the future. Dun dun dun

hm yes 360 and ps3 are there. but i think we're forgetting that the only people who give a shit are fanboys so i really cannot see kojima or konami putting it in a teaser. not to mention that you guys are counting the 3 twice.

Vasili2K38

But that was just in that combat, a little before being crushed by Rex, no way he could had survived. I find more intriguing the eye's color. But that suit, the jaw, is just like MGS4's Raiden. It's certainly ambiguous.

Reave

Y2Kev said:
Bandana over left eye. That's null/fox.

edit: we're intentionally not supposed to get this. :(

But look at Kojima's quote. He wants us to think it's someone that it isn't.
If Fox lost his eye at Shadow Moses and died there, then why would he be wearing a bandana over his eye before he died?

It is Raiden. Something will happen in the new game that'll explain why he's covering his eye.

____

FuzzyDunlop said:
hm yes 360 and ps3 are there. but i think we're forgetting that the only people who give a shit are fanboys so i really cannot see kojima or konami putting it in a teaser. not to mention that you guys are counting the 3 twice.

PS360?

RavenFox

Banned
Zen said:
Fox was crushed, there's no way it's him.

As for Olga: She got shot in the head.

The eyes could always just be red because of some form of Patriot mind control or something... who the fuck knows!
Rex was there but where was Fox? Who took him? There is a patch over that eye for a reason. Raiden never had eye damage unless its new to the story.

Darkpen

Banned
Seriously, it has to be Raiden. He'll lose his eye in some way, and it'll serve as parallel to Gray Fox and the experimentations that were done on him. Wouldn't be the first time multiple characters in the MGS universe shared a situational similarity (Olga > The Boss, Raiden/Solidus > Snake/BB, etc).

Hy_

DeathGlobe said:
I heard others saying its a redesigned Null and that Boss is wearing a Outter Heaven symbol

That's a good guess. Raikov was a Raiden clone. Solid Snake is a Big Boss clone, literally. So I wouldn't put it past Kojima to make Null be a Raiden clone to please the Raiden fans.

soldat7 said:
The jaws match. It's gotta be Raiden...but this is Kojima we're talking about here!

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20060616024420416_640w.jpg
The eyes don't though. Especially in the last scene of MGS4 where the eyes are noticeably blue.

edit: beaten like a hobo

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
He got stomped into a pancake at the end of MGS1. It's not Gray Fox.
I don't think so, anyway.
ATN everyone who questioning Kojimas ability to revive dead characters in the Metal Gear franchise, you are fucking morons.

FtsH

FuzzyDunlop said:

360 can explain the 6, PS3 will not...but whatever...

VegaShinra said:
Yeah wel..
Raiden got hit by Outer Haven

And we didn't get empirical evidence that he himself got squashed into a pancake by
Outer Haven
. All we had was
HAY ALL THAT'S LEFT IS HIS SWORD HUR HURR AND HIS ARMS ARE GONE WHEN HE JUMPS IN NEXT BECAUSE HE'S FINE REALLY

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
ATN everyone who questioning Kojimas ability to revive dead characters in the Metal Gear franchise, you are fucking morons.

This is true.

RavenFox

Banned
Stop stressing hair and jaw. Those are nothing. Eye loss, head damage and what the hell is stuck in the shoulder armor? Those are the questions gaf get to it.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
So what the hell? Is Kojima directing this game? I thought he was done with MGS.

And also even if Grey Fox is in this game, its still a big difference in time. He didn't get a cybernetic body until after MG2, and Big Boss still looks like young Big Boss. Can't wait to get more info.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
thank you for this :lol

seat

For those of you arguing about the eye color, you must be seeing better scans of Famitsu than I am, or else you're seeing things that you can't make out. The eye color in creamsugar's shots are impossible to tell because of the lighting and resolution of the photographs.

Darkpen

Banned
RavenFox said:
Stop stressing hair and jaw. Those are nothing. Eye loss, head damage and what the hell is stuck in the shoulder armor? Those are the questions gaf get to it.
Eye loss - fixable
Head damage - fixable
Thing stuck in shoulder armor - fixable

These are all non-issues.

If these teasers are in fact hinting at real-time weather effects, surely a day/night cycle isn't that far-fetched either. From there it's not that large a leap to speculate that time might be an important theme in this game, lending credence to the dual timeline theory.

All pure speculation of course but it sounds like something Kojima might do. In terms of the same theme feeding both gameplay and narrative that is.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
We have no idea what happens to Raiden after he gets turned into a cyborg you know?

Chances are he is "used" for a certain time by those who turn him into a cyborg, certainly not just going to turn around and save Sunny after the operation.

So this could explain the "red" eye. It's just relative to a moment in the game when Raiden might have turned into something else for some time.

commissar

So Big Boss' badge on his beret says 'Militaires Sans Frontieres' = military without borders.

Which is pretty interesting, coupled with the skull/country borders logo lends to a definite PMC style situation (Outer Heaven?).

Also of note is that if this is Grey Fox, then is it the case that Snake took his particular bandana after he beat him? Would explain why both the ninja's bandana and Snake's are blue. Unless it's Raiden, and then this might be post MGS4. OR there's another blue bandana in the world, but how likely is that? :p

RavenFox

Banned
Darkpen said:
Eye loss - fixable
Head damage - fixable
Thing stuck in shoulder armor - fixable

These are all non-issues.
Then this isnt Metal Gear. A character needs his traits in Metal Gear. Now say it together with me
Gray Fox and Raiden are.... It will come to you

Does the shadow Moses sacrifice Again ring a bell?

FtsH said:
360 can explain the 6, PS3 will not...but whatever...
and nothing can explain the R or the lower case e. remake on 360, and new game on ps3? doubt it. financing two major projects simultaneously seems like suicide.

Bit-Bit

I was one of the first people in this thread waaaaaay back saying that the teaser is for a Raiden game. My theory was based on the clouds looking like lightning clouds.

But here is another prediction that's going to blow ya'lls mind.

Raiden is related to Grey Fox!

FtsH

Tisan said:
So Big Boss' badge on his beret says 'Militaires Sans Frontieres' = military without borders.

Which is pretty interesting, coupled with the skull/country borders logo lends to a definite PMC style situation (Outer Heaven?).

Also of note is that if this is Grey Fox, then is it the case that Snake took his particular bandana after he beat him? Would explain why both the ninja's bandana and Snake's are blue. Unless it's Raiden, and then this might be post MGS4. OR there's another blue bandana in the world, but how likely is that? :p

again, Raiden had a happy family and a flesh body after 4. GreyFox maybe, post-4 Raiden no way.

Gotta wonder if the flashing Big Boss is similar to the Assassin's Creed style. It would fit the time travel part theory and Kojima is close with Ubisoft Montreal.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
We have no idea what happens to Raiden after he gets turned into a cyborg you know?

Chances are he is "used" for a certain time by those who turn him into a cyborg, certainly not just going to turn around and save Sunny after the operation.

So this could explain the "red" eye. It's just relative to a moment in the game when Raiden might have turned into something else for some time.
While I'm not doubting your speculation, according to the MGS Database, Raiden infiltrates Area 51 in collaboration with Paradise Lost, gets Sunny extracted, but he gets captured, and is tested on and turned into a cyborg, filled with controlling nanos. He is then later saved by Paradise Lost, and Dr. Madnar, the cybernetics expert, helps Raiden recover as his bad-nanos are removed from his body.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Matel Gaer Sold!

Dreweyes

Bit-Bit said:
I was one of the first people in this thread waaaaaay back saying that the teaser is for a Raiden game. My theory was based on the clouds looking like lightning clouds.

But here is another prediction that's going to blow ya'lls mind.

Raiden is related to Grey Fox!

I like this!

Anyone else notice a strange 'box' going down the left hand side of the flash site? Just a graphical glitch presumably but I keep thinking I see a shape.

edit: Pretty sure it's just a glitch in the rain graphic. I'm guess I'm just tired. :lol

FtsH

FuzzyDunlop said:
and nothing can explain the R or the lower case e. remake on 360, and new game on ps3? doubt it. financing two major projects simultaneously seems like suicide.
the "e" is difficult...

Top Bottom