• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Averon said:
Looks like IGN was either grossly mistaken, or they was trolling for hits. Reflects badly on IGN either way.

IGN just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about gaming industry (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in farming industry where you can become successful by milking cow. If you screw someone over in gaming industry, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is gamers, after hearing about this, is not going to want to visit IGN, nor will they subscribe to their RSS feed. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but IGN has alienated an entire gaming fans with this move.

IGN, publicly apologize and state that Metal Gear Rising will be out for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

decon

Who knows what this game will be like. Will it even be a full disc game or just a downloadable 5 hour game?

artist

Banned
Teetris said:
Let's give it up for IGN!

clap.gif
Reaching new levels and will do ANYTHING for hits. THANKYOUPLEASE

SpacLock said:
Xbox has Metal Gear now. Time to cross it off the ol used-to-be-sony's-franchise list.

HAHAHA. You just got schooled son. MGS has never been exclusive, and only DIEHARD fanboys (or idiots...same thing really?) thought it would never appear on 360 at some stage. I said a few times MGS4 as we know it wont come out, so I was right there.

HUGE LOL at IGN. Eating Crow right now. Gamespy also state it is on the PS3, hang on they just cancelled that lol, and changed it to rumored as it has not been confirmed. Cannot WAIT for Sony's conference.

StuBurns

Banned
If it is multiplatform, why doesn't Sony just say so?

They could put it up on their blog or something, I don't get why they even give MS the satisfaction.

SMZC

SpacLock said:
No. It was timed exclusive then at least. Not anymore.

You might want to check all the facts. MGS4 is still exclusive. And last gen, an MGS game came out exclusively on a non-Sony platform (even though said game was a remake).

sprocket

Banned
stuburns said:

They could put it up on their blog or something, I don't get why they even give MS the satisfaction.

cause it doesnt matter? its not MGS5 .. could be a fps or puzzle game for all we know.

could be a workout game! :lol

artist

Banned
stuburns said:

Tomorrow.

I guess some people have a hard time realizing its not *exclusive*.

Replicant said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about gaming industry (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in farming industry where you can become successful by milking cow. If you screw someone over in gaming industry, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is gamers, after hearing about this, is not going to want to visit IGN, nor will they subscribe to their RSS feed. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but IGN has alienated an entire gaming fans with this move.

IGN, publicly apologize and state that Metal Gear Rising will be out for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
TAKE A SHOT!
E3 drinking game.
and technically, IGN posting that cost as journalism fuck up, which is another shot!

I want to know how long until IGN changes it.

Averon

Replicant said:

Surely this is sarcasm or some tongue-in-cheek humor because I don't see how what I said constitutes me being a raging fanboy.

stuburns said:

I'm guessing that's up to Konami/KP. One announcement for MS, one or two others for Sony, we'll find out soon enough.

what's up with the IGN post? every bit of evidence contradicts it, including an official press release from microsoft...

they must be tired or something :lol

Boss Man

I think IGN has probably just developed a taste for crow, don't know how else they could put an article like that up. If I didn't know any better I'd say they weren't even being serious. "Sorry Sony fans!!!"

Dragon

Banned
Averon said:
Surely this is sarcasm or some tongue-in-cheek humor because I don't see how what I said constitutes me being a raging fanboy.

He was imitating someone in last year's MS E3 thread where it was revealed that FFXIII was multi-platform.

NeoCross

This thread is funny. Some people are excited for the spin off while others still want MGS4 to hit the 360. Make up your minds
mysmilie793gif.png

Banned
sprocket said:
cause it doesnt matter? its not MGS5 .. could be a fps or puzzle game for all we know.

could be a workout game! :lol

:lol I wonder if you would be downplaying this game if it was a PS3 exclusive? I also wonder if the next Gears was coming to the PS3 if you guys would be doing the same.

Averon said:
meme over junior's head, that's another shot!

MAybe I should redefine some of these, I'm not going to last long.

Replicant

Averon said:

w14eon.gif

I can't believe anyone still fall for that.

We dont need proof from Sony though... Microsoft themselves confirmed it wasnt exclusive. It will no doubt get mentioned in Sonys conference. Whether or not the PS3 is getting a different version or MGS5 or whatever. But then again, I guess the two Kojima games are Rising (PS360) and the PSP Go game.

Boss Man

NeoCross said:
This thread is funny. Some people are excited for the spin off while others still want MGS4 to hit the 360. Make up your minds
mysmilie793gif.png
Why can't it be both?

I'm intrigued, not excited, about this new MGS. I'll be excited if it looks exciting when I see what it actually is.

Microsoft debuted the first details on Metal Gear Solid Rising at their E3 press conference this morning, but there's a reason Microsoft wasn't bragging about this Raiden-starring adventure being an Xbox 360 exclusive -- it isn't.

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

Of course, Schappert wasn't in a position to announce where else Metal Gear Solid Rising would be appearing, but could series creator Hideo Kojima be pleasing everyone by announcing this latest work at one conference, showing it at another? We'll have to wait and find out tomorrow morning at Sony's E3 conference.

And thus, the waiting game continues.

Just came from G4

davepoobond said:
methinks mgs rising will be more of a god of war-type game, less about stealth and stuff

God of war! :lol

I'd like to think it would still be stealthy, like Tenchu.
There's the probablem of Raiden being pretty much invincible, but maybe he's carrying Sunny around, it could be like Yoshi's Island.

jett said:
Most excellent. I will be buying the superior PC version in that case.

I could get the pc version as well...but to be honest, given the choice, I find it irritating to play games on my pc these days...granted it is a laptop haha

pseudocaesar said:
We dont need proof from Sony though... Microsoft themselves confirmed it wasnt exclusive. It will no doubt get mentioned in Sonys conference. Whether or not the PS3 is getting a different version or MGS5 or whatever. But then again, I guess the two Kojima games are Rising (PS360) and the PSP Go game.
Well, two main pictures were used, one of Raiden and one of (presumably) Bis Boss. It really looks like a portable Ops follow up is coming. One of the only things we haven't seen in BB's life now is just before outer heaven and he's eluded to coma.

macewank

Karma said:
:lol I wonder if you would be downplaying this game if it was a PS3 exclusive? I also wonder if the next Gears was coming to the PS3 if you guys would be doing the same.

i know i would be if the name of the game was "Gears of War: Space Cowboy Megafunplex Tactical Jungle Boogie"

I think this game is going to be the Metal Gear equiv of FF7: Dirge of Cerberus .. Probably not a bad game, but... definitely not "part of the series" so to speak

sprocket

Banned
Karma said:

im not downplaying anything. im super hyped for anythign MG! ( even bought the iphone game :p)

I do think its the other way around though. xbox fans are pushing this a little too hard with no info.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm firmly in the 'I want this on PS3 as well' camp, but I think we can all appreciate these bitter tears over at Gamespot:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Discussion

hukibeast said:
Discuss MGSR here.

I can't believe it! This is the biggest stab in the back ever, we thought Kojima would stay with the PS3 and keep our best series an exclusive. But instead he turns around and give "MGS5" to another system? WHAT!? This is like the scene where Anakin kills all those padawans.

The fact that everything lead up to this is very dissapointing. But there is still the possibility of PO2 and very likely some sort of MGS for the PS3 (remember Kojima likes playing mind games).

:lol :lol :lol

Anyway, good to hear it is hitting ps3, would have been stupid if it didn't...also makes sense that there is a pc version given 360

Dirtbag

LIGHTNING

BOLT

ACTION

:lol :lol :lol
The cultural differences between Japan and America never cease to crack me up.
LBA - That's got to be one of the corniest things I've ever heard.

I hope we get to play (or atleast see) raiden as a child soldier under solidus' teachings. I always felt that that was an interesting part of the story was barely even acknowledged.

NeoCross

StateofMind said:
Why can't it be both?

I'm intrigued, not excited, about this new MGS. I'll be excited if it looks exciting when I see what it actually is.
GODjima is an asshole. Lot of people wanted MGS4 on the 360 and he gives them a spin off.

I'm sure the "Lightning Bolt Action" will be fun though
mysmilie793gif.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom