• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Plane returns in Wii Sports Resort.

Neomoto

(Because of last post of page, posting again for the second page.)

The "Pilotwings" and "Wave Race" games look so seriously awesome. I'm getting this just for these 2 games alone. The rest is an extremely awesome bonues since most other games look pretty awesome as well. The baseball game they demo-ed live at the conference impressed me too, it looks clean, awesome and fun and it came out of nowhere. I liked Wii Sports a lot (AFTER I actually played it), I think I'll love this game.

If Wii Sports Resort is a taste of whats to come with M+, then I say bring it on!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Man, wasn't WSR initially supposed to feature 9 activities (and 8 soon after)? It's starting to look quite varied and complete. Me likey :D.

Also, is it just me or the Wii line is getting more and more pleasing visually? Despite the simplicity of its design, WSR looks really crisp, with lots of technological vistas you don't usually see in Wii games.

Looks like such a huge improvement over the original. Can't wait to try it out. The plane/flying mode seriously makes me long for a new Pilotwings. :/

vanty

Are there any videos of bowling? I had no idea WSR would have it until 5 minutes ago, this is totally day one for me.

Dear Nintendo,

Put Pilotwings 64 on VC...
1zz74ue.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The plane stuff looks really relaxing and cool, but I hope there is a bit more gameplay there as well. Wasn't there stuff at E3 06 that was just flying through rings and stuff? That's enough for me.

This game looks like it has a lot of value to it. Launching at $50 with Wii Motion+ included is a great deal to me.

dyls

vanty. said:
Are there any videos of bowling? I had no idea WSR would have it until 5 minutes ago, this is totally day one for me.

Apparently there's a new practice mode where you play a 10 frames of 100 pins each frame. Thus a perfect score would be a 3000!

d+pad

ivysaur12 said:
WSR is definitely day 1 now. All of the games (minus cycling) look really rad.

Although I have yet to see cycling in action (let alone play it) I wish they had left it out in favor of motion + tennis. Oh well, still looks great!

Fantastical said:
The plane stuff looks really relaxing and cool, but I hope there is a bit more gameplay there as well. Wasn't there stuff at E3 06 that was just flying through rings and stuff? That's enough for me.

This game looks like it has a lot of value to it. Launching at $50 with Wii Motion+ included is a great deal to me.

More than likely. It seems a lot of these activities have multiple modes like how we thought the disc toss was simply the dog minigame but it's a full fledge disc golf now and that part is basically a "tutorial"

Haunted

Zoramon089 said:
More than likely. It seems a lot of these activities have multiple modes like how we thought the disc toss was simply the dog minigame but it's a full fledge disc golf now and that part is basically a "tutorial"
It looks like this'll go above and beyond Wii Sports in every respect.

I already liked it when they showed it at the E3 presentation, but that thread was a poison pit. :lol

dkeane

Anyone see the map in the Press kit? Looks like golf has this island way off the coast.

I'm getting really excited for this, looks like so much fun.

Yes Boss!

This will likely be my GOTY...surpassing even SFIV and Paper Airplane Chase. I've not been this excited since Galaxy and the Wii launch. This seems everything for the Nintendo superfan.

dkeane

Yes Boss! said:
This will likely be my GOTY...surpassing even SFIV and Paper Airplane Chase. I've not been this excited since Galaxy and the Wii launch. This seems everything for the Nintendo superfan.
I'm beginning to think this also. I just can't wait to see all the little details added into this game. There's some sort of castle up near the inner lakes and part looks like some mayan ruins on another part of the island.

Yes Boss!

dkeane said:

Also, not sure how many Resort buyers are also Wii Fit users but this is the same exact Island I've run through so many times. Gonna be great to revisit it in Resort and Segway on it in Fit Plus.

PIMPBYBLUD said:
Dear Nintendo,

Put Pilotwings 64 on VC...
1zz74ue.jpg

Funny you use that screen, as there's a birdman game in Wii Fit Plus. You flap your wings and try to land on targets. It's really fun, actually.

Edit: Yeah, I remember seeing that girl yesterday. There were a lot of cute girls at the Nintendo booth. It was nice seeing cute girls instead of the disturbing cosplay "booth babes" at other booths.

1-D_FTW

ratcliffja said:
Funny you use that screen, as there's a birdman game in Wii Fit Plus. You flap your wings and try to land on targets. It's really fun, actually.

Edit: Yeah, I remember seeing that girl yesterday. There were a lot of cute girls at the Nintendo booth. It was nice seeing cute girls instead of the disturbing cosplay "booth babes" at other booths.

No! I thought that video was for this game:(

EDIT: I guess cw_sasuke eventually edited his post with this information, but no! I want Pilotwings bird flapping in this game.

Yes Boss! said:
Paper Airplane Chase is your GOTY? Did you play other games?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I know I will never get a Pilotwings game... the one game I want so desperately... but, I'm psyched to see that the tech demo I played 3 years ago at E3 is finally coming to the system!

PUMPED FOR THIS!

1-D_FTW

Stink said:
Does Wii Plane include landing?

Good luck getting that answered. I have so many questions about this game and it seems to be completely ignored by all sites. This is easily one of my top 5 games of E3, but everything I learn is from videos from alt sites.

The nintendo.co.jp videos that somebody posted a thread about just had me asking more questions. It was awesome, but made me wonder why there isn't a single US gaming writer asking any questions about this game. The one golf video actually makes me think you might have a bigger selection of golf clubs.

Masked Man

I said wow
Branskins said:
Where is a volleyball game? =/

Srsly. Best sport ever needs some representation!

Also, while the EU boxart is better-looking than the NA one, the latter fits in with the boxart for previous Wii ___ titles, so it makes for a better overall aesthetic.

CoolS

1-D_FTW said:
Good luck getting that answered. I have so many questions about this game and it seems to be completely ignored by all sites. This is easily one of my top 5 games of E3, but everything I learn is from videos from alt sites.

The nintendo.co.jp videos that somebody posted a thread about just had me asking more questions. It was awesome, but made me wonder why there isn't a single US gaming writer asking any questions about this game. The one golf video actually makes me think you might have a bigger selection of golf clubs.

I know, it's kind of pathetic. I'm trying to find out if there are really only 9 holes for golf, but no luck. IGN answered some questions, but still very few :/

pakkit

Banned
http://wii.ign.com/articles/990/990213p1.html

Then we jumped into Frisbee mode. We skipped the dog catch mode in favor of the full Frisbee Golf option. We love the Disc Mode in the upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, but it's clear that the version in Wii Sports Resort is much tighter with better disk handling and more attention paid to the physics of the throw. You can play a short three hole game or take part in a whole 18 hole course, with multiple courses available to take part in.

There's your answer.

pakkit

Banned
CoolS said:
yeah I hope disc golf's courses number apply for real Golf as well.
As batshit insane Nintendo can be, I don't see them making multiple 18 hole courses for disk golf and then making only one 9 hole course for golf.

1-D_FTW

But that's not really an answer. I saw that a while ago. It's talking about Wii frisbee. And that writing implies that not only is there an 18 hole course this time, but there's multiple courses.

Aerial shots have shown only 9 holes. Is that just cosmetic? Or is IGN right. How many holes are there? With the way they've worded it, that says there's an 18 hole course plus at least a 9 hole course for a minimum of 27 holes. But maybe Wii frisbee has 18 holes because the holes are shorter and they can stretch 18 holes on the 9 hole golf course. And it still makes no mention of whether there's gonna be more clubs so you don't get stuck with inbetween shots that are really awkward to execute.

And with all those questions I have about what IGN wrote, it's the best information anyone has printed. So that's the cream.

btrboyev

a pilotwings game, even with simple graphics like wii sports would be awesome. Especially if it was more like the snes version. It would also be a great m+ showpiece as well.

tabsina

i'm really happy about the wuhu island being reused.. i've been hoping for more of it ever since jogging through it in wii fit (i was always hoping that the next level of the jogging would unlock free roam)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Spotless Mind said:
The plane/flying mode seriously makes me long for a new Pilotwings. :/

YES! Seeing the whole island like that reminds me so much of Pilotwings 64, I want to explore the whole thing. Such a tease. :(

dani_dc

Looks awesome.

Think I'll actually spend some time with this in comparison with the original :D

Though this game makes me depressed we aren't getting a real Wave Race and Pilotwings.

CoolS

swerve said:
I hope someone has posted this vid in here:

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-sports-resort-movie1/

Has a very little bit of Wii Plane in, and the best videos of the other as-yet-unseen sports (canoe, ping pong, cycling)

I *so* want to try the sword fighting (with melons) right now having seen that awesome three-way slice.

OMG there's a mode where you have to fight trhough rows of other Miis with your sword

Hype +1000

gkryhewy

Hero of Canton said:
Where have you seen them? I've only seen the Japanese one so far.

Looks like Amazon just added the NA art. Is there an official thread for this yet?

EDIT: here's a small version of the art from gamestop:

230591b.jpg

pa.159197.1.jpg

Taker666

1-D_FTW said:

It's very annoying. Pretty much guaranteed to be the biggest selling game of the year and most of the sites are almost ignoring it....same with Wii Fit PLus....if not for random vids posted on NeoGAF I wouldn't have known much about them at all.

CoolS

512bqnYUlyL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

German Cover. I'm gonna hit someone with a brick.

But at least I preorderes this on Amazon while it was still 45€ :D

Roelatie

omg,

jetskiing with waves!

*fades*

This game is like Wave Race, Pilot Wings and Wii sports combined! Gaming Sex!

Top Bottom