• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Plane returns in Wii Sports Resort.

NewLib

Banned
They should have combined Animal Crossing and Wii Sports Resort into one game. Live on the island. Have all these activities to do. Have all the Animal Crossing stuff.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
NewLib said:
They should have combined Animal Crossing and Wii Sports Resort into one game. Live on the island. Have all these activities to do. Have all the Animal Crossing stuff.

THIS. This would be so very awesome.

And it seems like Wuhu Island is where it's at, isn't it? Is the first Wii Sports set there as well? :p

pvpness

plagiarize said:
isn't that also the wii fit running island?

Yes.

The skydiving, though just a distraction (tutorial?) was sweet.

I'm most looking forward to the archery though...

Curious to see how much more they're putting in WSR; wasn't expecting this plane bit to make it in honestly.

Ydahs

Glad to see Wii Sports is looking more complete. A nice diversity of games which showcase the potential of WM+.

1-D_FTW

From IGN: "We love the Disc Mode in the upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, but it's clear that the version in Wii Sports Resort is much tighter with better disk handling and more attention paid to the physics of the throw. You can play a short three hole game or take part in a whole 18 hole course, with multiple courses available to take part in."

Maybe I missed a Wii Sports Resort general thread, but figured I'd post this here. Figured there'd be more to frisbee than just the dog. Interesting note about there not only being frisbee golf (and being more precise than TW10), but 18 holes and multiple courses, too. Wish somebody would comment about how many courses there are. And if regular golf has better club selection this time. Even a couple more clubs would be nice.

gkryhewy

Wow, this looks awesome! And personally I'm glad to see the WiiFit island carried through into other games... I really like it; it always felt "Nintendo."

But... is that Mini Cooper product placement?

nyong

Banned
After Miyamota's comments about picturing Zelda when doing archery/fencing, I would not be surprised if the same holds true for skydiving/flying and Pilotwings. :D

I suspect that a lot of what's in Wii Sports is concept work for other games.

1-D_FTW

megashock5 said:
I'm seeing kayaking in the trailer on IGN.

I think the official pamphlet calls it canoeing, but yeah, it's clearly kayaking. And also missing from the list in this thread.

I just hope they have various courses and they're are some extreme rapids you can race each other on.

1-D_FTW said:
From IGN: "We love the Disc Mode in the upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, but it's clear that the version in Wii Sports Resort is much tighter with better disk handling and more attention paid to the physics of the throw. You can play a short three hole game or take part in a whole 18 hole course, with multiple courses available to take part in."

Maybe I missed a Wii Sports Resort general thread, but figured I'd post this here. Figured there'd be more to frisbee than just the dog. Interesting note about there not only being frisbee golf (and being more precise than TW10), but 18 holes and multiple courses, too. Wish somebody would comment about how many courses there are. And if regular golf has better club selection this time. Even a couple more clubs would be nice.
I think it says that there are several training lessons or such stuff, one 18-hole course propably.

d+pad

Oh, this game is looking better and better all the time!

I wish they had included tennis - table tennis isn't the same thing - but they wouldn't have made it as full-featured as I'd like anyway (tournaments and online play), so that's not really worth complaining about. Plus, Grand Slam Tennis will be out any day now...

Anyway, day one for me, for sure...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wii Will Rock U said:
I played it right before the show floor closed yesterday. It's still there along with all that was previously mentioned in that list.
Oh! Wave Race... I mean Wii Sports Resort REDEEMED!

There are actually more great games than I thought there would be. Even though it was in the first, I'm really glad Golf is making a return. One of my favorites behind bowling, which is also making a return.

Glad the plane finally makes a comeback! :D

Gwanatu T

1-D_FTW said:

Did they say frisbee golf in WSR or were they just talking about the accuracy of the disc throwing in general? I'd be VERY happy if disc golf was in WSR. I'm hoping for a more complete experience than regular Wii Sports, i.e. more full games and something to actually do rather than playing glorified tech demos. I'm buying 1 game in July and it's going to be one of the following: WSR, Tiger Woods 10 or Grand Slam Tennis. Time will tell what the more complete, engaging experience is. You have a month to sell me, developers.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Gwanatu T said:
Did they say frisbee golf in WSR or were they just talking about the accuracy of the disc throwing in general? I'd be VERY happy if disc golf was in WSR. I'm hoping for a more complete experience than regular Wii Sports, i.e. more full games and something to actually do rather than playing glorified tech demos. I'm buying 1 game in July and it's going to be one of the following: WSR, Tiger Woods 10 or Grand Slam Tennis. Time will tell what the more complete, engaging experience is. You have a month to sell me, developers.

"Then we jumped into Frisbee mode. We skipped the dog catch mode in favor of the full Frisbee Golf option."

It's in there, and that sounds completely awesome. :D

Gwanatu T

Fantastical said:
"Then we jumped into Frisbee mode. We skipped the dog catch mode in favor of the full Frisbee Golf option."

It's in there, and that sounds completely awesome. :D

Well that's it, I'm buying WSR. Thanks.

CaVaYeRo

13214.jpg

The thing is, they officialy say it's 12 activities:

Wuhu Island has so many things to do, there’s never a dull moment. A dozen activities await visitors: Archery,
Frisbee®, Basketball, Cycling, Canoeing, Power Cruising, Table Tennis, Air Sports, Bowling, Swordplay, Golf
and Wakeboarding.

d+pad

It makes me chuckle that they included bowling in this version. You know it's only because that's the most popular part of the original Wii Sports :lol Certainly doesn't fit the "island/resort" theme, if you ask me. Not that I'm complaining!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
d+pad said:
It makes me chuckle that they included bowling in this version. You know it's only because that's the most popular part of the original Wii Sports :lol Certainly doesn't fit the "island/resort" theme, if you ask me. Not that I'm complaining!
It's because bowling was awesome last time, and now it's going to be even better with motion+. Seems like a pretty good move to me.

Maybe we can actually get some real spin stuff going on depending on how you release... not how high you release like the first one (I'm pretty sure that's how it worked).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fantastical said:
Maybe we can actually get some real spin stuff going on depending on how you release... not how high you release like the first one (I'm pretty sure that's how it worked).

no that's not how it worked, but there were some funny spin assist going on sometimes, which I hope they completely get rid of.

Marvie_3

Banned
NewLib said:
This is a pretty damn good idea. Glad to see the plane is back. :D

1-D_FTW

JoeFu said:
A SEGWAY?!!??! SOLD

Screw the segway! The second half of the video features a Pilotwing-esque platform jumping where a man with chicken arms has to flap his wings to travel:D :D

I ignored the above link cause I thought it was more of the same. Must watch, indeed!

JoeFu

Banned
This game looks to be so much better than Wii Sports. I preordered it months ago, I actually really want this.

Yes Boss!

Shit, those are awesome full-terrain mini-games using Fit Island for Wii Fit+. Like an extension of Resort. This game needs its own thread!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CaVaYeRo said:
13214.jpg

The thing is, they officialy say it's 12 activities:
"Wuhu Island has so many things to do, there’s never a dull moment. A dozen activities await visitors: Archery,
Frisbee®, Basketball, Cycling, Canoeing, Power Cruising, Table Tennis, Air Sports, Bowling, Swordplay, Golf
and Wakeboarding."

Neomoto

The "Pilotwings" and "Wave Race" games look so seriously awesome. I'm getting this just for these 2 games alone. The rest is an extremely awesome bonues since most other games look pretty awesome as well. The baseball game they demo-ed live at the conference impressed me too, it looks clean, awesome and fun and it came out of nowhere. I liked Wii Sports a lot (AFTER I actually played it), I think I'll love this game.

If Wii Sports Resort is a taste of whats to come with M+, then I say bring it on!

Top Bottom