• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS - Launch Trailer

Soi-Fong

Man, crazy how long I've "had" this game since I was an early backer. It's certainly evolved from way back.

Hoping the Oculus support is solid. Haven't used my DK2 in a while. They had it pretty darn close last I remember testing last summer. With a G27 wheel as well, this should be fun.

Either way, I can't wait for the full release!

Ryūko no Ken;162793687 said:
Just finished the first race on ps4. Performance is really, really bad. Not even 30fps. But the day one patch (800+ mb) isn't installed yet. Fingers crossed.

This can't be right.

thatJohann

Just finished the first race on ps4. Performance is really, really bad. Not even 30fps. But the day one patch (800+ mb) isn't installed yet. Fingers crossed.

Uh, what? That can't be right (I hope).

Oh god, no. What!? Must be a glitch.

Hedrush

Eh?? Care to enlighten us on what is "really really bad"

Gestault

The...first race performed poorly? I'm gonna have to ask for receipts on this one.

This is what Digital foundry said

The game's frame-rate is also a sticking point. Project Cars targets an ambitious 60fps on each platform, but the sheer breadth of options gives players the power to determine whether it hits this mark, or drops closer to 30fps. For example, our first race is on the Dubai Autodrome International circuit, a manic 35-car race with light clouds overhead, camera set to interior cockpit view and no damage physics enabled. Even with this number of AI racers, the game sticks to a 60fps line throughout, and only drops for one stretch on the circuit (to 50fps on Xbox One, and 55fps on PS4).

For moments where the frame-rate goes under, tearing is an issue - especially on sharp turns with lots of camera motion. This is a bigger deal once we push the boat out a bit more; our next race featuring a whopping 44 cars on the Circuit Des 24 Heures du Mans track, with a more taxing chase mode camera and heavy rain in play. The impact is immediate, and PS4 tears constantly with drops to 35fps at the busy starting grid, while Xbox One breaches the high 20s. This improves over the course of the race as cars splinter off into packs, though we never catch a glimpse of the 60fps line.

That was a submission build

The...first race performed poorly? I'm gonna have to ask for receipts on this one.

Eh?? Care to enlighten us on what is "really really bad"

Oh god, no. What!? Must be a glitch.

Uh, what? That can't be right (I hope).

This can't be right.

It has to be wrong or a unique case. There's tons of 60fps PS4 gameplay on Youtube.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Was the game still installing?

Hedrush

It has to be wrong or a unique case. There's tons of 60fps PS4 gameplay on Youtube.

Yup. Like others, I've been watching a few streams over the past few days, notably that German lads stream and I haven't seen anything like what he's claiming. The game seemed to run very very well and that was without the D1P.

bombshell

Time for a reboot?

Metfanant

Liar.gif

I bet he wouldn't wager his account on this one...

Conduit

Banned

LOL! Nice try though. Why you don't upload a video on Youtube instead?

Ryūko no Ken;162796507 said:
Day one patch installed. Maybe the game was still installing or something, frame rate is much better now. Very relieved ...

Is the ghosting issue resolved? Am going to pre order it but wasnt sure for what console to get it for..do you recommend the ps4 version over the xbox one?

Hedrush

That video is a bit concerning.

AI looks very procession like, gaps between the AI remain constant, only car trying to make a move, or driving out of line is the player car.

He did have the AI slider on 100% in that video, maybe why there's less cars going off the racing line.

Helznicht

AI looks very procession like, gaps between the AI remain constant, only car trying to make a move, or driving out of line is the player car.

There are tons of other videos showing AI cars going wide, dodging each other and even full on pileup wrecks with bits of race car all over the track as you come through.

As mentioned, there are 100 levels of AI difficulty, I am sure you will find your perfect level of precision and recklessness.

Mascot

My impression was the complete opposite. I thought the AI looked very human-like in that video.

My impression was the complete opposite. I thought the AI looked very human-like in that video.
Same. I didn't watch the whole race but the first few minutes looked great. There was jostling among all of the cars and more than a few mistakes being made.

I think its going to be a long while before we see DriveClub visuals at 60fps on the consoles. Wouldn't be surprised to see GT6 get the closest though and maybe even exceed it under the right conditions.
gran turismo at 60fps and visuals greater than dc would be fantastic. now, if only they include splitscreen...
Outside of the fact that both games have cars in them, they probably couldn't be more different...

They really shouldn't even be compared
they're both racing games. you can bet your ass they'll be compared to some extent when it comes out.

Shaneus

Sure they will be...but they really SHOULDNT be...
Agreed. But just like Horizon 2 and DC shouldn't have been compared, both invariably will be. And given one focuses on a tight, streamlined racing experience and the other covers things more broadly, it will no doubt come to check boxes and not actually how good each game is.

Sigh.

Metfanant

Agreed. But just like Horizon 2 and DC shouldn't have been compared, both invariably will be. And given one focuses on a tight, streamlined racing experience and the other covers things more broadly, it will no doubt come to check boxes and not actually how good each game is.

Sigh.
At least Horizon 2 and Driveclub are certainly more closely related than Driveclub and PCars are though

Shaneus

That's really weird... both the XBO and PS4 footage looked as clear and smooth as each other, but when pausing both the PS4 has the very obvious "ghosting" issue. It's some strange trick SMS have used to get a smooth output (I don't know how they nutted it out) but obviously for screenshots it'll kill it completely.

JamboGT

Wonder if the game was installing whilst you were playing, I have notice a few chugs in performance in games that I just start. Tend to let patches/full disc installation happen before I start for that reason.

Top Bottom