• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix NFT Art Project ‘Symbiogenesis’ Reveals Main Visual Teaser Trailer

Square Enix has launched a new trailer for their previously announced NFT art project, Symbiogenesis. Initially announced in November 2022, this project has been previously claimed to feature over 10,000 NFT characters.

You can view a translation of this trailer video’s description below:
◆ What is SYMBIOGENESIS?

SYMBIOGENESIS is an NFT collectible art project where users exchange information with each other on Discord to advance the story and find hidden items. SYMBIOGENESIS can be played on Google Chrome browser (smartphone and PC). A two-step verification Discord account and NFT wallet (MetaMask app) are both required.

◆ Information
  • Service name: SYMBIOGENESIS
  • Release date: December 21st, 2023
  • Supported blockchain currencies: Ethereum, Polygon
  • Supported browsers: Google Chrome (PC and app versions available. Support for other browsers is yet to be determined).
  • Supported wallets: MetaMask
  • Supported languages: English, Japanese
Previously, Symbiogenesis was described as narrative-unlocked NFT entertainment, with 10,000 NFT characters sporting unique designs, various races and professions, and bust-up pictures that can be used as profile pictures, which will be released in six chapters in total.

You can view the official Symbiogenesis website for additional information.

Demigod Mac

A major publisher promoting an NFT game this day and age feels like

giphy.gif

-Zelda-

Banned
I am confused. This is a video game using NFT artwork of some sort? Can someone show me an example of what it looks like in motion? I am not sure what any of it means or even why it would be a thing, or how successful they think this will be/hope it will be. There is actual gameplay and a story? EDIT: my confusion is from me not really understanding what NFT's even are, because everyone has a different definition. My limited understanding of them is that they are images of a sort that can be bought, but only digitally? How does that translate to an entire video game? another edit: It requires an online connection and discord? seems needlessly complex. That, or I am just stupid, which I am.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, and Square's been doing so well lately with all of their revivals of sub-AAA projects that are downright fun. Why throw money at this shipped that's already sailed (and sunk)?

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I am confused. This is a video game using NFT artwork of some sort? Can someone show me an example of what it looks like in motion? I am not sure what any of it means or even why it would be a thing, or how successful they think this will be/hope it will be. There is actual gameplay and a story? EDIT: my confusion is from me not really understanding what NFT's even are, because everyone has a different definition. My limited understanding of them is that they are images of a sort that can be bought, but only digitally? How does that translate to an entire video game? another edit: It requires an online connection and discord? seems needlessly complex. That, or I am just stupid, which I am.
Late Night Mic Drop GIF by The Rundown with Robin Thede

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm not sure if I'm looking at this correctly, but total sales volume is 84ETH, which is currently about $191K USD American, with a 5% creator cut is about $9550 USD American to SQUEENIX.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Following up on this game.
Looks like it's doing great with 19 NTF sales in the last 30 days with a total volume of 3.43ETH.
kpwhcxD.png

Top Bottom