• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 | Review Thread

FeralEcho

So I've finished the story mode...Easily the best Tekken story in the series and one of the greatest fighting game story modes ever made,the hypest one probably.It constantly made me go "oh shit" and that final battle is some next level shit.

So far for me it's easily the best Tekken since 5,might even be THE best Tekken overall but I need to play more but the story mode was 10/10. Great job Harada and the team, you've hit it out of thepark with this one!

Klosshufvud

So I've finished the story mode...Easily the best Tekken story in the series and one of the greatest fighting game story modes ever made,the hypest one probably.It constantly made me go "oh shit" and that final battle is some next level shit.

So far for me it's easily the best Tekken since 5,might even be THE best Tekken overall but I need to play more but the story mode was 10/10. Great job Harada and the team, you've hit it out of thepark with this one!
The real gold is in the character stories. Some real funny stuff there.

Tekken 8 customize sucks. That and the characters roster are my only complain for the game.
My only real complaint is the inability to swap in tops and bottoms from full costumes with the generics. I am very pleased about the fidelity of customization pieces and color options despite the limited selection. Love the dark scene (should be default) and default camera position after completion as well.

This game is wierd because most things I greatly liked about Tekken are missing, but it has other fun inclusions and reworks that I can enjoy to an almost equal measure. Pretty damn good for a late sequel.

Eiknarf

Banned
Could not believe the graphics during the last fights in Story mode…Just insane… (4090 + HDR OLED monitor).
For anyone playing on a PS5, does it fully utilize the Dualsense with trigger effects and haptic feedback?
Because the back of the box says only basic vibrations

Last edited:

Elbereth

For anyone playing on a PS5, does it fully utilize the Dualsense with trigger effects and haptic feedback?
Because the back of the box says only basic vibrations
You know, now that you mention it, it does not. (Dualsense Edge). Tbf, I haven’t tinkered with any controller settings.

//DEVIL//

While I do agree with everything you have said, I do have to mention that Tekken 7 last 2 bosses between Kazyua and his father and then Akuma was also a very epic fight.

it's amazing how a fighting game have a better story game more than 99% of all the story driven games. just one epic moment after the other. almost Final Fantasy level in terms of boss fights and shit. just an amazing game.

as far as fighting games goes, this is a 100% solid 10 out of 10.

The fact that I can have previous soundtracks from Tekken 3 running in the game even during boss fights is just OMG moment.

Last edited:

Erebus

While I do agree with everything you have said, I do have to mention that Tekken 7 last 2 bosses between Kazyua and his father and then Akuma was also a very epic fight.

it's amazing how a fighting game have a better story game more than 99% of all the story driven games. just one epic moment after the other. almost Final Fantasy level in terms of boss fights and shit. just an amazing game.

as far as fighting games goes, this is a 100% solid 10 out of 10.

The fact that I can have previous soundtracks from Tekken 3 running in the game even during boss fights is just OMG moment.
Yeah, this is a huge thing for me too. Brings out the nostalgia if you have played all past Tekken games.

Top Bottom