• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

redcrayon

Tales from Borderlands will arrive once the full season is out.

As for Game of Thornes, there is no announcement but I won't be surprised to see an announcement closer to the end of the current season.
Yeah, I think we'll get the whole package rather than an episodic release, much like Resident Evil R2 and Wolf Among Us.

So GAF, what is the consensus on ninja gaiden sigma plus? does it run well on Vita? Or should I look into the PS3 version? I just bought a Vita, not too sure if I should pick up this game for the system.

Feline Puzzler Nekoburo CatsBlock Heads to North America and Europe

1.jpg
This looks amazing.

Fady K

What's up guys? I miss this thread and you people so much. I've been very neglectful as of late, I know, I've been very sick and work has been so stressful it was nuts!

The weekend is nearly here for me and I'm planning on providing all the latest stuff that was not covered in this thread yet by any of you fine folks.

Wishing you all the best.

Fady

@Wreck

What's up guys? I miss this thread and you people so much. I've been very neglectful as of late, I know, I've been very sick and work has been so stressful it was nuts!

The weekend is nearly here for me and I'm planning on providing all the latest stuff that was not covered in this thread yet by any of you fine folks.

Fady

feel better man take care of yourself first!

btw: shovel knight on vita is brilliant!

Vanethyr

So GAF, what is the consensus on ninja gaiden sigma plus? does it run well on Vita? Or should I look into the PS3 version? I just bought a Vita, not too sure if I should pick up this game for the system.

I can't vouch for the second one, but the first game ran superbly and looked great for a handheld. I'd highly recommend it if you want some Ninja Gaiden action in the palm of your hands.

Nekoburo tells the tale of a cat-like group of aliens that find themselves stranded on Earth. Alone and without his friends, the leader of the bunch gets adopted by a kindhearted teenage girl. With the help of some alien technology, it’s up to you to reunite Totan with the other stranded Square Cats.

So it's Sgt. Frog with cats? Sounds cute

redcrayon

Fady
Hey Fady, I'm sure you'll feel better soon, Fady means Vita and Vita means life! :)

Yet people joke that vita has no games lol where are you guys now!!
People know it has games, it's just these games aren't liked by everyone. Not everyone enjoys Japanese/anime titles or indies. We all know this well, and it's alright. The attach rate is good as it is, publishers cater to those that still have the Vita and still play it for the games it has. There's evidently still plenty of stuff coming our way, so I don't think there's even a need for you or me to worry. We got our little dream machine, those who don't like what it has to offer can go play something else on a different system

It's lacking new original games from big names.

Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Monster Hunter and God of War all had original installments on PSP, and they're all absent from Vita.

You can count remasters, but I don't think those have the same pull as new original games.

There are still a LOT of games on Vita, but the lack of big names hurts it if you ask me.

Fady K

Thanks for this Shizuka. Never thought we'd be getting more of these games in English :D

Playism have announced two Vita localisations for the West.

http://playism-games.com/article/fo...es-including-astebreed-coming-to-ps4-and-vita

TorqueL

Croixleur Sigma

Nice! Nayan, the marketing manager of Playism, is a GAFfer by the name of the Trin, really lovely guy! Adding these up, thanks Infernal ^^

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo!

I don't know why I expected this to mean the horror Amnesia.

Oh GOD that would be too good. Since they are working on a PS4 game at the moment, they did express that if possible they'd like to bring the Amnesia games over. If that happens, remote play FTW.

Only just realised run sackboy run was out. Spent the last 45 minutes playing it. Great fun and looks superb. Tempted to buy lbp vita now.

You can't do wrong with LBP vita :) Great looking game!

Aaaaand another VN - lovely to see more of these. Thanks Shizuka :D

Crazy... pretty indifferent to Shovel Knight on Wii U

LOOOOOVE it on Vita tho :)

AgentOtaku, how are you doing man :)?

Does it run smoothly on the Vita?

Looks real cute <3! Adding it up, thanks Takao :)

lDrSBIN.jpg

The Vita version of Terraria is getting a retail release in Europe next month (May 22nd). It's funny because 505 Games were originally going to do this in 2013, then bailed. Guess they saw how well Minecraft is doing?

I'd believe that to be the case; Minecraft is doing better than many expected. I like how there are still chances to get physical releases on the Vita in 2015 ;D

I just started Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo on the train this morning, and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it.

It's a third-person, mech/action/loot game where the story and characters are barebones, but it all seems to work well as a game optimised for portable play. It saves automatically, and you can tear through each mission in a couple of minutes. Each mission consists of a simpy drawn (albeit repetitive) 'dungeon' of urban streets, with you tracking down a rendevous point, killing key enemy units, that kind of thing. Friendly AI is poor but your mech controls brilliantly, so you barely notice them wandering off in the wrong direction.

Face buttons control your three weapon hardpoints, and moving while attacking allows you to strafe. Interestingly, you have two boost buttons- holding R allows you to boost forward for long periods of time to cover ground, and pressing x allows you a short boost in any direction, effectively a dodge. L is used for repair kits (essentially healing potions). It's a control scheme that is both functional and elegant, anyone can be throwing a mech around like a pro after a few minutes of play, and that's before you get into the cycle of equipping found parts, selling what you don't need, trying out different loadouts, replaying missions for better ranks.

Mech fans will love the traditional use of optimising for offensive/defensive power vs weight, plus the choice of weapons across your two primary, one support and one backpack hardpoints is extensive. Lasers, flamethrowers, homing rockets, rifles, swords etc. I even tried out a double-melee loadout, which was hilariously viable, at least for basic mobs. There is also a trade-off regarding vision in missions, which closes in when boosting.

It's £7.99, and well worth it at that price. Presentation on title screens, story etc is minimal, but the core game is highly addictive and great for short bursts.

Thanks for the impressions redcrayon, more than informative enough to help out anyone interested in the game. Didn't think it would be picked up for localization back in the day, but that's the Vita for you - anything is possible for localization ;D

feel better man take care of yourself first!

btw: shovel knight on vita is brilliant!

Thanks Wreck :)! How have you been? Shovel Knight does look brilliant indeed!! Is it frustratingly difficult though or fair? Does it have limited lives or is it merciful in that regard?

If you Remember the Game Zodiac
33BO9T9.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=162263824#post162263824

http://www.brashgames.co.uk/2015/04/27/zodiac-preview/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGNg05rTFDg

Got some more info out :) Apparently the dude in the video is(implying) it'll be at E3 :)

Really have high hopes for this game ^^

SO good to see this game again. Looked GREAT. Thanks Faustek. Excited for a potential presence at E3. Just happy it still exists!

Another import.
Brazil represent!

Oh you live in Brazil Shizuka?? Is that where you're from? Do you have to import most games over there or do you find them easily in stores?

Man, Terra Battle must arrive on Vita. :(

It would be a great fit for the system really, no harm in bringing it to the Vita. Let's see if the Vita will be included in the planned console versions.

Hey Fady, I'm sure you'll feel better soon, Fady means Vita and Vita means life! :)

Thank you my kind friend :) Means a lot!! How have you been and what have you been playing? I'm working on the next update as we speak :)

Yet people joke that vita has no games lol where are you guys now!!

Seriously...the amount of games on the Vita (upcoming!) is staggering!

redcrayon

Thank you my kind friend :) Means a lot!! How have you been and what have you been playing? I'm working on the next update as we speak :)
I abandoned my Vita for Monster Hunter 4 for a couple of months, but I'm back now :D

Closing in on the end of Damascus Gear, then I've got Shovel Knight lined up, which I've already played through on 3DS. It's so awesome that I couldn't resist double dipping just to see it on my Vita's screen, and I'll want to play through all the new free campaigns like Plague of Shadows on the Vita when they are released too.

Outside of those two, my Vita backlog consists of Oreshika, which I'm looking forward to, and Tales of Hearts, which I'm going to give a second chance after abandoning it earlier this year.

After all that lot, I'll pick up Titan Souls and Hotline Miami 2, maybe Wolf Among Us too. I wish the PSN store had a wishlist, it would make it so much easier to keep track of what I'm interested in.

I can't vouch for the second one, but the first game ran superbly and looked great for a handheld. I'd highly recommend it if you want some Ninja Gaiden action in the palm of your hands.

I enjoyed the first game as well. Its only 30FPS but that didn't make it unplayable for me personally though I understand why people would be put off by the lower frame rate. It looks bloody great on the Vita screen as well. I like to play through the first two levels before you enter Vigor as the colours are just beautiful, pity that most of the game is taken up in a concrete jungle.

The second one though is bloody awful, why on earth was it released? It literally runs in slow motion at times (and no, that's no exaggeration). Unless they patched it that is? It also uses this horrible dynamic resolution which makes the game look pretty damn bad at times. It should have either been dramatically retooled or out right canceled, I'm disappointed that Koei released it, as most of the time they are on point with ports (like their more recent Dynasty Warriors style games, even 8 plays ok now it got a frame rate patch).

T
Thanks Wreck :)! How have you been? Shovel Knight does look brilliant indeed!! Is it frustratingly difficult though or fair? Does it have limited lives or is it merciful in that regard?

Shovel Knight has unlimited lives, and plenty of checkpoints on the first playthrough so you should be good in that regard. When you die you lose money (that can be recovered, as the money bags hover around the area you died).
Its a pretty fair game in my opinion, even in game plus mode. I've played lots of platformers (including every Megaman game) so maybe I'm not the best judge of character on that!
Either way, its the best game released on the Vita this year (so far). I put so many hours into it in the first week I ended up finishing it around 5 times!

I also recommend giving Titan Souls a shot. Its a hardish game at times but I've really enjoyed my time with it. The many boss battles are all unique and it has a certain addictive quality that keeps me coming back for more!

Shinriji

New games this week:

- Breach & Clear (mobile port?)
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8 (Cart update)
- Spelunker Z (F2P version of Spelunker)
- Bad Apple Wars (Otomate game)
- Chaos Rings I, II, III and Omega (selling on their own, now with trophies).

So, with all the games announced this week, Vita reached the 950 games milestone (released + announced), surpassing the Genesis/Mega Drive in number of games.

Next stop, the Game Boy Advance, currently the 10th system with most games with 1060 games.

Circinus

New games this week:

- Breach & Clear (mobile port?)
- Monster Hunter Frontier G8 (Cart update)
- Spelunker Z (F2P version of Spelunker)
- Bad Apple Wars (Otomate game)
- Chaos Rings I, II, III and Omega (selling on their own, now with trophies).

So, with all the games announced this week, Vita reached the 950 games milestone (released + announced), surpassing the Genesis/Mega Drive in number of games.

Next stop, the Game Boy Advance, currently the 10th system with most games with 1060 games.

Just PS Vita games? (i.e. not including PSP and PS1 games)

That's a lot of games then. ^.^

Takao

Banned
They finally posted some Disney Infinity 2.0 info on the PlayStation Blog:
17200297027_f1c1d61d73_b.jpg

Featuring an all-new and exclusive Black Suit Spider-Man figure, the PS Vita Starter Pack also includes the Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) video game, the Disney Infinity Wireless Base which connects via Bluetooth, a Marvel&#8217;s Spider-Man Play Set Piece, both Marvel Super Heroes Toy Box Game Discs, a Web Code Card and a USB Recharging Cable.

The Black Suit Spider-Man figure will be fully compatible with the console version of Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition), but it will be making an exclusive debut to the Disney Infinity universe through PS Vita.

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) for PS Vita will be available exclusively at GameStop for $59.99, starting on Saturday, May 9, 2015.

If you buy it in-store within May 9th through to the 16th in the US, you'll get a free Avengers playset.

According to this guy, Canada will get a release sometime this week for $10 on top of the US MSRP. There's been some listings in EU, so it shouldn't be NA-exclusive.

All of this is incredibly timely given 3.0 was announced this week, and Vita wasn't included ...

@Wreck

hey man i've been good leaning hard on the vita now that i got kids on the way

shovel knight is easier than bloodblorne =)

the challenge is there but you know if you have the young reactions i'm sure you will find it easier than I

have a great weekend!

NDPsycho

They finally posted some Disney Infinity 2.0 info on the PlayStation Blog:
17200297027_f1c1d61d73_b.jpg

If you buy it in-store within May 9th through to the 16th in the US, you'll get a free Avengers playset.

According to this guy, Canada will get a release sometime this week for $10 on top of the US MSRP. There's been some listings in EU, so it shouldn't be NA-exclusive.

All of this is incredibly timely given 3.0 was announced this week, and Vita wasn't included ...

Actually, if you buy it this week, you get the Avengers playset, plus a set of rare disks, plus a standard figure for free. Just add all 4 items to your cart and the discounts apply online. I'm a bit surprised (as was the person checking me out) in store that the free figure with a starter set stacked with the free playset, but it did.

Andodalf

Banned
Wow, I think I'll bite on the infinity deal, that's crazy. Guess I'll get falcon as my free figured since without him one of the two free disks is useless?

NDPsycho

Wow, I think I'll bite on the infinity deal, that's crazy. Guess I'll get falcon as my free figured since without him one of the two free disks is useless?

I'm not entirely sure, I don't have Falcon and I wasn't able to get the disks with my purchase since the store didn't have any (hoping they'll get some and save me one, but it was the lowest cost free item so I'm not terribly concerned). I just know that you can add it to your cart if you were buying online and it all stacks.

I grabbed Loki as my free figure. I had intended on buying it with the rest, and it rang in free along with the playset. I just was messing around on their website and saw that you could add any figure there and get it free with the rest too. Unless they change it, it's still active now though. You're basically only missing the Guardians playset, which is pretty cool.

AgentOtaku, how are you doing man :)?

Does it run smoothly on the Vita?

Oh snap, sorry I didnt reply sooner

Game is legit smooth as butter on Vita. Couple that with GODTIER dpad and yeah, pretty defnitive way to experience if you ask me :)
Not my favorite game thus far, but havent finished yet and I remember feeling the same way about Guacamelee initially only to end up loving it at the end.
So yeah, we'll see.

18-Volt

So, that Civilization Revolution 2 rumor is true after all? I sense that this E3 could be Vita's moment. My predictions:

- In conference, they will announce 2K games collaboration for Vita. Civ Rev 2 and Xcom Enemy Within is coming to Vita, as well as first GTA trilogy, with trophies and stuff.
- Adam Boyes shows results of the buildingthelist campaign: Digimon Story Cyber sleuth and Phantasy Star Nova, as they were the two most requested games.
- Ubisoft's Assassin Creed Chronicles also coming to Vita.
- Next Double Fine remaster: Full Throttle. 2016, for PS4 and Vita.
- Couple of more indie games: Transistor, République, Never Alone, Costume Quest 2 etc.
- A port of an AAA game like Borderlands and RE: R2, done by third party relations. I can't guess what it could be, but I really want it to be Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2.
- Before every E3 starts, publishers announce their line up and as always XSEED and NISA will have couple of surprises. XSEED have Estival Versus, IA/VT, Trails in Cold Steel and Corpse Party Blood Drive for fall, NIS has just Stranger of Sword City. IFI will announce Makai Shin Trillion for west.
- And around E3 time, Namco will have Tales 20th anniversary celebrations, and out of that we'll have Tales of Innocence R localization.

I don't think we'll have FF Type-0, FF12 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD Collection, Wild Arms announcements at E3. Square will have nothing for Vita, they usually use TGS for that kind of stuff.

So, that Civilization Revolution 2 rumor is true after all? I sense that this E3 could be Vita's moment. My predictions:

- In conference, they will announce 2K games collaboration for Vita. Civ Rev 2 and Xcom Enemy Within is coming to Vita, as well as first GTA trilogy, with trophies and stuff.
- Adam Boyes shows results of the buildingthelist campaign: Digimon Story Cyber sleuth and Phantasy Star Nova, as they were the two most requested games.
- Couple of more indie games: Transistor, République, Never Alone, Costume Quest 2 etc.
- A port of an AAA game like Borderlands and RE: R2, done by third party relations. I can't guess what it could be, but I really want it to be Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2.
- Before every E3 starts, publishers announce their line up and as always XSEED and NISA will have couple of surprises. XSEED have Estival Versus, IA/VT, Trails in Cold Steel and Corpse Party Blood Drive for fall, NIS has just Stranger of Sword City. IFI will announce Makai Shin Trillion for west.
- And around E3 time, Namco will have Tales 20th anniversary celebrations, and out of that we'll have Tales of Innocence R localization.

I don't think we'll have FF Type-0, FF12 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD Collection, Wild Arms announcements at E3. Square will have nothing for Vita, they usually use TGS for that kind of stuff.
The lack of God Eater 2 Rage Burst localization news on your list saddens me. Everything else looks good. Too good :p

Takao

Banned
18 volt, pls
we've been burned too many times
it's best to assume the words "vita" will only be used in accordance to tearaway unfolded and gravity rush remastered

18-Volt

The lack of God Eater 2 Rage Burst localization news on your list saddens me. Everything else looks good. Too good :p

Namco I know would announce something like God Eater 2 at Japan Expo at Paris. They always have couple of surprises there, I'm pretty sure GE2 and SAO: Lost Song will be there.

18 volt, pls
we've been burned too many times
it's best to assume the words "vita" will only be used in accordance to tearaway unfolded and gravity rush remastered

That's a possibility alright. A sad one.

SephLuis

First I read it as being news, not your predictions. Almost got waaay too happy.
Anyways, what I think:

Phantasy Star Nova depends on Sega and this is problematic. But they did mentioned that they would have more SKUs this year, so it is a possibility

Digimon depends on Namco and I have faith they will bring it. I just believe it may be too late for Innocence R. I would like a brand new Tales of title for the Vita.

Namco I know would announce something like God Eater 2 at Japan Expo at Paris. They always have couple of surprises there, I'm pretty sure GE2 and SAO: Lost Song will be there.

I'm expecting it to be at E3 simply because the anime by Ufotable starts airing around that time as well. Announcing the game would not only boost the views on the show, but also boost the sales of the game.

18-Volt

First I read it as being news, not your predictions. Almost got waaay too happy.
Anyways, what I think:

Phantasy Star Nova depends on Sega and this is problematic. But they did mentioned that they would have more SKUs this year, so it is a possibility

Digimon depends on Namco and I have faith they will bring it. I just believe it may be too late for Innocence R. I would like a brand new Tales of title for the Vita.

Sorry to excite you:)

I know a lot of people have as little faith as possible for SEGA but they still can manage to surprise me. Out of nowhere they revealed even more 3D Classics for 3DS. I don't know how they did it but they managed to bring Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax to west. Anything is possible.

Shifty1897

Vita controls aren't good enough to play a game that difficult. I never got past the third level, whereas I used to be able to beat the original game.

This feels way to good to be true.

Shizuka

My dream.

Top Bottom