• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Default FFB is pretty bad, yeah.

But these, with a few modifications: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Change: <value DisableLockSpring="true" /> to false (To make the cars have their real wheel rotation) With the original setting all cars have whatever you've set in your control panel for the wheel.

These settings can be changed without quitting the game. You just have to quit your race, and start again.
The in game FFB settings per car will not read these values, nor can you change them ingame anymore.

And a slight adjust of a few settings like:
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95
Scoop Knee: 70
Scoop Reduction: 15
Dead Zone Removal: 10-15 (Adjust for how much vibration you want from the wheel going over bumpy straights)
Tire force: 100
FFB in game: 100

And following in Thrustmaster control panel: 75/100/100/0/0

Has made the game sooooo fucking good on my T500RS on PC.

I may have forgotten a few settings, but this should be most of it.

I really recommend Thrustmaster users to give this a go.

Going to give this a go on my T500 RS

Cheers

waters10

Neo Member
Promo code for this?! I have a Fry's semi-far away that I could do in-store pickup at. Would be worth the drive!

EDIT: Signed up for the mailing list and got my personal code, but I'm not seeing anywhere to plug it in when checking out. Hmm. :/
Even though I don't have a Fry's close by, I signed up as well. The email says you have to bring your personal code to the store. Or, you have to call in the customer service number. I really don't need this, but I really really want this!!

aro52

Even though I don't have a Fry's close by, I signed up as well. The email says you have to bring your personal code to the store. Or, you have to call in the customer service number. I really don't need this, but I really really want this!!

Same! Can't pass up a deal like this!

Does the AI in career mode actually get harder as you progress through the tiers? Or is an 80 AI difficulty in LMP3/GT4 roughly equivalent to an 80 AI difficulty in FA?

ValfarHL

Going to give this a go on my T500 RS

Cheers

Let me know how they feel.
After a few hours of driving I was slayed. Turned down the ffb in control panel to 60-65%. Not as much fun, but probably better for long days of racing. I think I also noticed important subtleties which I didn't notice at stronger settings.

Megasoum

Banned
I find the FFB already amazing out of the box on my TX (only thing I change is put tyre force to 130-150)...

I'm curious to try those settings you guys are throwing around. Any good ones for the TX?

Stubo

Anyone got any recommendations for Xbox One controller settings on PC?

I've seen a few different ones and the values seem vastly different, was wondering if anyone here had found something which feels right.

hesido

Anybody seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=58&v=XzFe5OOHZko

It shows remarkable fps increase for AMD cards with just a change to Windows 10, not even with a DX12 patch for the game.

This is good news for AMD owners if this is not just a quirk.

Would be nice to see whether Nvidia's numbers are boosted too! I'm taking this with a grain of salt before we see increases with different setups.
RApNCN7.jpg

Mascot

I'm crushed to learn about the controller issues.

All I wanted was a great controlling, great playing racing game. And to find out that this game has similar controller issues to Shift is so discounting.

I hoped Slightly Mad would be beyond this but apparently not.

It's fuck-all like Shift.

Don't buy into the drama and hyperbole. Humans love drama.

RP912

Banned
Anybody seen this:

It shows remarkable fps increase for AMD cards with just a change to Windows 10, not even with a DX12 patch for the game.

Would be nice to see whether Nvidia's numbers are boosted too! I'm taking this with a grain of salt before we see increases with different setups.

I seen the video. I read that any driver in the 14.XX would have issues because of crossfire or something like that. If you use the beta update, it should help out a bit. I did some tweaking to the graphics to match the PS4 specs and it actually gave me better results. It's not perfect but it'll do until a proper AMD update happens.

Fox Mulder

I wanted to chime in on that as well. The A.I. (I only set up to 75 then to 65) that they give you space and respect unless you blow an apex or have you on the exit corner. Its like they race and find their opportunities.

Rain is manageable (only experienced it in Formula B) until you understeer or feel that slideeeeee. Also, visibility is a nightmare with those water plooms.

I've been watching the AI in youtube videos and people are having fun AI battles that you just don't get in forza or codemasters games.

Went ahead and dove in with a xb1 digital preorder since I also don't want to miss out on 8 extra cars for free.

Dave_6

This has probably been posted already:

1959 Aston Martin DBR1
1963 Aston Martin DP212
2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2
2013 Aston Martin Vantage GTE

2002 Audi R8 LMP900
2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

2003 Bentley Speed 8 LMGTP
2013 Bentley Continental GT3

1952 Mercedes 300 SL W194
1998 Mercedes CLK-LM

2015 Verizon IndyCar Series (Dallara DW12)

2015 Ford Mustang GT

Radical RXC Turbo

2013 Renault Alpine A450
1999 Renault Laguna BTCC
2009 Renault Mégane Trophy II
1978 Renault Alpine A442B

1987 RUF CTR “Yellowbird”

1997 McLaren F1 GTR

Nice! Lots of cars in this list I'm excited to drive in this game.

LilJoka

Anybody seen this:

RApNCN7.jpg

The reason for this is W10 is multithreading the AMD drivers, making CPU bottlenecks less prominent. Currently AMDs drivers are single threaded, and NVIDIAs are multi threaded. So NVIDIA probably will not enjoy such a boost in performance.

I keep coming back to this thread for impressions on how people are enjoying the game, but it's mostly a tech thread so far. Would love to hear whether or not you guys/gals are just enjoying yourselves, despite framerate inconsistencies under load.

Bydobob

I am starting to have the impression that the physics of some cars are ok while others are broken. Take the RUF Rgt-8 for a spin and let me know what you think. There is no oversteer/understeer and it is impossible to produce any wheel spin. Trying to turn aids on or off does not seem to make any difference. The physics are just weird. Since when are RUFs known to behave like beginner cars? Then there are other cars that are actually difficult to drive. Not sure what is going on.

As others have said before, there is something going on with the Traction Control that is not right.

Did as you suggested and you're onto something with this car. It's an understeery pig with crap brakes, an extremely dull drive. Very little adjustability mid-corner and LOO is almost impossible, but at least power oversteer is there. Just make sure you set the driving assists to Off rather than Real as it comes with TC and ESP as well as ABS I believe..

I would agree with you though, the car's benign behaviour on the limit is not what I'd expect for a 911 variant, particularly this one with what you would imagine is a heavier V8 behind the rear axle. Would like to know the thinking behind this car, does it even exist beyond prototype form? Can't see a road test anywhere.

fresquito

Did as you suggested and you're onto something with this car. It's an understeery pig with crap brakes, an extremely dull drive. Very little adjustability mid-corner and LOO is almost impossible, but at least power oversteer is there. Just make sure you set the driving assists to Off rather than Real as it comes with TC and ESP as well as ABS I believe..

I would agree with you though, the car's benign behaviour on the limit is not what I'd expect for a 911 variant, particularly this one with what you would imagine is a heavier V8 behind the rear axle. Would like to know the thinking behind this car, does it even exist beyond prototype form? Can't see a road test anywhere.
That's just because the real thing comes with those assists.

Besides, you should check the setups as well. Default setups for all cars are made for noobs. They all are aimed to provide a safe ride, not a fast one.

It surprises me seeing people that comment like they are pro sim racers failing to check such basic things.

naib

Did you just show a printout of your "personal promo code"? How did the checkout process go?
I gave it to her verbally. She asked when I signed up. Told her about an hour ago. :lol

I think she had to do a manual override because I wasn't in the system yet.

Mascot

I keep coming back to this thread for impressions on how people are enjoying the game, but it's mostly a tech thread so far. Would love to hear whether or not you guys/gals are just enjoying yourselves, despite framerate inconsistencies under load.

Are you blocking my posts..?

Let me know how they feel.
After a few hours of driving I was slayed. Turned down the ffb in control panel to 60-65%. Not as much fun, but probably better for long days of racing. I think I also noticed important subtleties which I didn't notice at stronger settings.

Feels great. I already turned the master setting in control panel down to 50%. That fan noise &#128542;

I am pretty sure the car exists, but I have only found German tests.

After trying out a variety of cars I am starting to like the game more now. This car gave me a bad initial impression, but there is certainly more depth to the physics than I initially thought.

I gave my thoughts on it earlier today, I don't give a shit about graphical pissing contests, I am here to race.

ghibli99

Dug my DFP out of storage today and wow, makes a HUGE difference. I usually just go the lazy route with racing games and use a controller, but this game seems to demand a wheel and pedals. It's taking some time to get used to this game, but I'm really enjoying it. I was telling my friends that there's a feeling of real fear/consequence at high speeds. In most console games, I kinda just go around the 'Ring in a mechanical way, but this is nerve-wracking, white-knuckle stuff. I actually feel like I might die if I mess up! Great sensation of speed in this.

fucking love the career mode. still doing formula c. incredibly fun.

people who aren't enjoying the career mode, maybe turn off having the option of retrying each race. and maybe make a rule of not adjusting the difficulty more than once before/after each season. something like this. invest a little of yourself in it. if you fail at a qualifying, live with that and try to make it better during the race. then if you don't place first in the race, live with that again and make it an actual fight for every point in the season. it's really rewarding.

Are you blocking my posts..?

Haha no not at all, much thanks for the impressions - they were just getting lost in the mix of wheel and tech talk.

(Which I'm not bitching about - I'm just trying to find out whether people enjoy the game or not!)

I gave my thoughts on it earlier today, I don't give a shit about graphical pissing contests, I am here to race.

Once again, just lost in the mix for me - thanks for the heads up

EDIT: Though the Ferrari F355 shout out has me worried - I loved that game too but good god it was hard!

ValfarHL

people who aren't enjoying the career mode, maybe turn off having the option of retrying each race. and maybe make a rule of not adjusting the difficulty more than once before/after each season. something like this. invest a little of yourself in it. if you fail at a qualifying, live with that and try to make it better during the race. then if you don't place first in the race, live with that again and make it an actual fight for every point in the season. it's really rewarding.

I think I will do this. Easy restarts takes some of the nerves and excitement away. I will probably drive like a pussy, and not win a single race though.

It's gonna be grrrreat.

My 1.23.4 in the Mercedes gt3 community event :)

https://youtu.be/FgEGCjU87CY

Niiiice, it's almost thesame time Arnoud Lacoumbe has (legendary Gran Turismo player, he's at the top of some AC leaderboards and now on Project Cars PC version, his handle is Ti-tech85).

Are you using stock settings? You can create a tune for this car, save, and once you come back to the event it will give you your settings. It's a nice way to get rid of TCS if you are playing with real defaults.

kie25

Niiiice, it's almost thesame time Arnoud Lacoumbe has (legendary Gran Turismo player, he's at the top of some AC leaderboards and now on Project Cars PC version, his handle is Ti-tech85).

Are you using stock settings? You can create a tune for this car, save, and once you come back to the event it will give you your settings. It's a nice way to get rid of TCS if you are playing with real defaults.

I've altered a few settings but nothing much, just downforce and springs and basic stuff, I could get a 23.1 but I just want to play other tracks ha :) eb4ticky who is driveclubs fastest has done a 23.2 on pad, he has skills with the pad to get that.

Revson

I've altered a few settings but nothing much, just downforce and springs and basic stuff, I could get a 23.1 but I just want to play other tracks ha :) eb4ticky who is driveclubs fastest has done a 23.2 on pad, he has skills with the pad to get that.

Very nice. :)

One of my teammates who is #1 on Xbox has a 22.5 with the wheel. The fastest time with the pad is a 23.2 as well.

Curious to see how big the gap becomes between wheel and pad users going forward.

kie25

Very nice. :)

One of my teammates who is #1 on Xbox has a 22.5 with the wheel. The fastest time with the pad is a 23.2 as well.

Curious to see how big the gap becomes between wheel and pad users going forward.
Nice 22.5 is a great lap, I just wish I knew more about set ups so I could go faster. He wanna share his setup ;) ha.

Fox Mulder

Exactly. I can have fun like this for a long time.

A career in forza is built to get you in many cars with short races where you have to sprint to the front.

I'm perfectly happy learning tracks and cars in proper races in a career mode like the f1 games have.

Bydobob

That's just because the real thing comes with those assists.

Besides, you should check the setups as well. Default setups for all cars are made for noobs. They all are aimed to provide a safe ride, not a fast one.

It surprises me seeing people that comment like they are pro sim racers failing to check such basic things.

It surprises me to see experienced posters fail to read posts properly. I advised to turn the assists OFF precisely because the Real setting has all the assists. You're basically re-iterating my post.

Doesn't change the fact that without any assists the car is extremely noob friendly and not much like the car it is based on. And no I don't pretend to be a pro sim racer, I like far too many different games to sink the time into that. My experience comes from driving cars on track for real, which up until quite recently was a big hobby of mine.

Skyzard

Banned
Karts are so much fun. Wish we had a 190cc as an inbetween too.

At first I thought that the game looked hideous, but apparently with some "gentle" adding of some anti-aliasing (DSX6) it mostly got fixed:

But, yeah, it can also be seen in the FPS counter. I'm using a GTX 970.

Gotta learn when to say no to that AA :p

Must have missed this post before, but as far as I know 911s are understeery in nature, because there is so much weight in the back. The rear has grip, grip, grip even in slow corners (because of the weight of the motor), whereas the front needs weight shifted to it to get grip and not understeer(which it only gets during deceleration). Once you lose traction in a corner (trying to power oversteer too much maybe) the rear is gone and is super hard to catch, which is the main thing that makes 911s so benign, you feel in control until it's too late. In general - but especially in slower corners - it is better to go for "late apex" turning in a 911 to get most of the steering done before accelerating again (where the heavier rear helps you again).

I agree with both of you that, with all assists turned off, the RGT-8 in PCARS feels off. It's too grippy under full throttle considering its high torque values.

I do really like the game, but have been frustrated tonight. Playing with a pad on xbox one, and i just can't get decent settings. Tried some suggestions from a few pages back, but the steering seems far too twitchy. Need to properly play around with the different settings and work out what everything means.

Annoying as I'm liking the racing. Just want to be more consistent with the pad!

Top Bottom