• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layton 2 - E3 Trailer

Justin Bailey

------ ------
From the fact sheet:

A New Mystery is Afoot

Puzzle master Professor Layton and his apprentice, Luke, have stumbled upon another mystery. It’s up to them to navigate their way through numerous puzzles to determine who – or what – caused the death of Professor Layton’s mentor, Dr. Schrader. Was it the mysterious Elysian Box, rumored to kill all who open it? Professor Layton and Luke find a clue that begins their adventure: a train ticket for the Molentary Express.

Platform: Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi
Genre: Puzzle Adventure
Players: 1
Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Alcohol Reference and Mild Violence
Release: Aug. 24, 2009
Developer: LEVEL-5 Inc.
URL: www.Nintendo.com
Suggested Retail Price: TBD
FEATURES:
• Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box features a riveting new mystery and more than 150 new brain teasers, riddles and logic puzzles to challenge and delight players.
• Beyond the puzzles found in the game, players with a broadband Internet connection who connect their Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi™ systems to Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection will get access to downloadable bonus puzzles. A new puzzle will be available each week for 33 weeks after the game launches.
• The new game includes a significantly greater amount of voice work and animated movie scenes compared to the original.

Finally. I'm glad it's not too long now until it's release.

The same voice actors are back which is good, and 33 bonus puzzles is great. Hopefully they'll pick up the pace for the future games though, we're already two installments behind Japan.

iammeiam

FINALLY. I loaned the first game to my mother in March 08, and she asks me all the time when the next one comes out. Layton 2 and Boom Blox 2 are probably the only games she'll ever preorder.

33 Weeks of Puzzles following release better not mean they're going to hold off that long to release the third one.

now I have to figure out who had my copy last, so that I can access whatever bonus it's supposed to unlock in the sequel.

Between this, Picross 3D, and Mario & Luigi 3, I'm willing to forgive Nintendo a lot of the dumb shit they've done lately.

fatty

iammeiam said:
FINALLY. I loaned the first game to my mother in March 08, and she asks me all the time when the next one comes out. Layton 2 and Boom Blox 2 are probably the only games she'll ever preorder.

33 Weeks of Puzzles following release better not mean they're going to hold off that long to release the third one.

now I have to figure out who had my copy last, so that I can access whatever bonus it's supposed to unlock in the sequel.

Between this, Picross 3D, and Mario & Luigi 3, I'm willing to forgive Nintendo a lot of the dumb shit they've done lately.

Picross 3D? Has this been confirmed?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
thank you, lisa kudrow!!

fatty

Chatin said:
Yep. It's on the press site.

Both that and Prof Layton 2 are Day One purchases.

Awesome, thanks. Can't believe Picross 3D is one of the games I'm most looking forward to.

Jaruru

been playing the 3D Picross jp version, so many puzzles in the game. love it~!

Layton, I have to finish the first time now :p

thx Ninty~

Talon

Sweet. I had a ton of fun with the first one last summer just playing every now and then, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I need to pick up a DS(i) for myself...

iammeiam said:
Knowing Nintendo, it would be great if they released Layton 3 just 33 weeks after the 2nd...

Guybrush Threepwood said:
pirate scum
I'm rubber, you're glue. ;)
(I assume you were just pulling my leg, right?)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
:D

Stoopid Nintendo, now work on the rest too!

Guled said:
for a game coming out so soon, Nintendo has done little to let people know this game even exists
They don't even need to, maybe a father's day commercial somewhere next year.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'm kind of glad they delayed the game so much; the first game got a second breath of sales, so now the series is bigger here =D.

Top Bottom