• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well it didn't look like konami linked the impressions of the spanish journalist making it through a part of the game that konami did not even think people would get it. I know it is one guy but many other people probably rushed through part of the game as well.

Well yeah journos always do that at preview events, they try to see as much as possible so they mostly rush through missions.

No journo wants to be out there saying well i took my time with the game so i haven't seen X event yet, while others brag about it how great that scene was.

Sn4ke_911

98 days.

CFzKekmWAAIMYBM.png

Venom Fox

Banned
Man, I can't wait for these previews, then a week later we get more news/trailers/gameplay from E3!
I think I'm gonna die from excitement before September 1st.

And thanks Sn4ke, for recommending TW3 to keep me busy until September!
I was always gonna get it but I usually leave games like that a few weeks to get patched but lo and behold I ran out at midnight to get it.
Great fun so far, the mission/quest design is really something else, Rockstar take heed...

I've been trying to just black out and forget about MGSV until September but god damn the hype is too much and I need some new info.
June 9th tho... As long as there's no story spoilers... Hnnnnng
98 days. Fuck

Also, can I be put on Team A ?

Sn4ke_911

Man, I can't wait for these previews, then a week later we get more news/trailers/gameplay from E3!
I think I'm gonna die from excitement before September 1st.

And thanks Sn4ke, for recommending TW3 to keep me busy until September!
I was always gonna get it but I usually leave games like that a few weeks to get patched but lo and behold I ran out at midnight to get it.
Great fun so far, the mission/quest design is really something else, Rockstar take heed...

Woah man i can't take credit for this. To be fair i always said Witcher and Batman MIGHT BE those games that make the wait for TPP more bearable but i never recommended it. I was watching a few streams before the game came out and it really did nothing for me, tbh i thought it was a bit boring but that's probably just me because i wasn't the biggest fan of TW2 so i didn't bought the game :3

But I'm glad you enjoy it :)

So yeah my last chance is Batman haha and if that fails to impress me too (which probably will not cause i'm a pretty big Bats fan and liked the other Arkham games) there is still E3 coming up so i can just watch the new MGSV and MGO trailers over and over again until september :p

I've been trying to just black out and forget about MGSV until September but god damn the hype is too much and I need some new info.
June 9th tho... As long as there's no story spoilers... Hnnnnng
98 days. Fuck

Also, can I be put on Team A ?

I would do it dude but i'm not sure if my pic is up to date, i think Vally has the newest Team A pic so if he adds you and post it i can do it again for future addings.

Sn4ke_911

But... The game is out 01.09. Not 09.06.

This is bad.

Wait I misread. So no story spoilers before sept 1th?

Well all we know for now is that when the new previews hit on june 9th there won't be any story spoilers according to the OFFICIAL METAL GEAR twitter.

original.jpg

Embearded

Of course! more team B members are always welcome :D

Great! Thanks!

The best team. #TeamGos4Life!

Ryan-Gosling-Gifs-14.gif

I am pretty sure that we will see Solid Snake but he will be too young to be voiced by Hayter. I also don't want that time jump that many talk about, with us taking control of Solid Snake. Maybe an after credits scene with older Solid and Big Boss training together...
So Team B is feels like the right choice for me!

Mexen

Great! Thanks!

I am pretty sure that we will see Solid Snake but he will be too young to be voiced by Hayter. I also don't want that time jump that many talk about, with us taking control of Solid Snake. Maybe an after credits scene with older Solid and Big Boss training together...
So Team B is feels like the right choice for me!

Why not?

Shy

So who else is going to be checking ebay around release hoping to get an early copy. ?

I got a my copy of 4 a little over a week early, i'm hoping to strike it lucky again.

He is seen as some sort of messiah figure among gamers.
All those people completely missed the point of MGS2 then.

LowParry

Exactly, i'm afraid of june 9 and E3 lol. But at the same time sooo damn hyped!

I guess it depends on who's presentation the trailer is from. Konami or Kojima. My faith of a long lasting MGO however is none existent at this point. You think it'll last more than a year?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They are not allowed to talk about any story spoilers on june 9th.

There are still some gameplay details, or even environment or mission descriptions I don't want to read about.

Things like how you got to have the base are things I want to experience on my own for the last Kojima MGS.

Sn4ke_911

There are still some gameplay details, or even environment or mission descriptions I don't want to read about.

Things like how you got to have the base are things I want to experience on my own for the last Kojima MGS.

Then you better just skip those new previews and E3 all together.

I am pretty sure that we will see Solid Snake but he will be too young to be voiced by Hayter. I also don't want that time jump that many talk about, with us taking control of Solid Snake.

MGSV will end with a climatic cutscene and a dialogue:

-This is Big Boss...
Operation Intrude N313.
Infiltrate the enemy's base Outer
Heaven and destroy the ultimate
weapon, Metal Gear!

-Metal Gear?

I really really hope for a remake of MG and MG2:SS on Fox Engine.

Palpable

I'm still thinking about this, why is BB smearing sand all over his face? do you guys think this will be a gameplay mechanic in the game?

6kN-haCT.jpeg

I thought it was ashes.

That's essentially all I have to look forward to now. Everything else; crushed, gone, gave up on.

You don't even know me nor am I any more than a tiny junior member but I hope you're okay man.

I appreciate that. I've been in this limbo for 6 months now. More or less used to it by now.

Sn4ke_911

I thought it was ashes.

That's essentially all I have to look forward to now. Everything else; crushed, gone, gave up on.

I appreciate that. I've been in this limbo for 6 months now. More or less used to it by now.

People put ash on the face in a couple of religions for mourning/funeral rites.

Oh you guys think this is ashes? hmm....

but it's really weird, why are only 3 fingers covered with it? btw. in the E3 2014 trailer where he puts the ashes on his face he uses the other hand and not the prosthetic arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom