• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Gameplay

Salsa

cause in the House Of Robomodo they all gone

you can vibe with this crap or say good lord c'mon son

with a *EWWWWWWWWWWW* you best to duck run and hide

you know yeah

Peagles

Wait so does it look worse or better than before now? I can't tell...
thps5_warehouse_tony_airwalk_0-00-00-00_copy.jpg

Salsa

what happened to dignity

did it go away again

lookin like some worn out old gen

will I still defend Chopper Drop

what happened to honesty

I don't see it on this piece of shit

I only see it in what has been

cuz I still defend Horse Mode

Salsa

whenever I'm dooowwwn

I know where my copy of THPS2 can be found

whenever there's a doubt

I just have to pick it uuuup

It's my friiiieeeend It's my allibiiii

my accessory to the fact

that this series was ever good

till the end of time

till the end of time

Salsa

education dev allocation, in you are GO

education crunch time obligation, now you're out GO

education publication, in you are GO

don't dare change the map in School RobomodooOooOooooooOOOOOOOOOO

I THINK MEEEEEEEEE I WANT 2 BAAAACK I THINK SHIIIIIEEET THIS THING LOOKS LIKE CRAP

THIS THING LOOKS SHITTY-SHITTY-SHITTY THROUGH THE BREAK OF DAWN YEEEEAAH

SirNinja

I've seen bad physics before, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen a character bounce off the top of a bonfire.

Welp.

Dominator

You know what, I am going to buy this at full price on release day. This series is such a prolific part of my childhood I just want to play it. I'm 99% sure I will hate it, but fuck it.

Salsa

In this world of hate and shallowness

where exclusives turn this console nation

and those of us who win the game give up their minds

I don't call this winning

say this doesn't apply to you

but ask yourself first

what have I won today to deserve this shit

and just what have I sacrificed

win the battle or lose the war

I know I've played a better game before

when developers were still real

I don't want this anymore

It's time for me to close the door

there's noooothiing left to feeeeeeeel

Salsa doing god's work in here. I want to join in. Sorry. I just want to do one.

IT'S IN OUR NATURE TO DESTROY OUR SERIES

IT'S IN OUR NATURE TO KILL OUR SERIES

IT'S IN OUR NATURE TO KILL PRO SKATER

IT'S IN OUR NATURE TO KILL KILL KILL!

KILL IT WITH FIRE

THEN BRING BACK SKATE
This game will only bounce off the fire and teleport onto a rail.

This game look hilariously bad. Like, if most studios were creating the environments for this game, they would look better just by accident. It's almost impressive how lifeless, bland and shitty everything looks.

Seanspeed

Banned
I usually roll my eyes when people say 'looks last gen' when talking about a new, next-gen game, but this...........this looks last gen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's an ugly game, no doubt, but if it runs at a solid 60fps it won't be TOO bad.

That said, I saw a LOT of screen tearing in that footage. What's up with that?

This doesn't even look last Gen, PSP maybe, christ it's horrible.
The game doesn't look great but these comments really irk me and shows a lack of understanding.

No, the game does not look like a PS2 or PSP game.

thps3_8.jpg

It's an ugly game, no doubt, but if it runs at a solid 60fps it won't be TOO bad.

The game doesn't look great but these comments really irk me and shows a lack of understanding.

thps3_8.jpg

Wow!

a.wd

The graphics look awful, but if they can nail the feel without it being too ott, and get the online right I might be down, not at full retail though....

i dont mind the graphics if the gameplay is great, thats what tony hawk games are about
have a fitting music play in the background and the game offers all it needs to

Dunkley

Nice I didn't know this was coming to Vita.

Seriously tho this looks too jaggy for 360/PS3, what platform was this played on? IOS?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
...it does though
On a technical level, no, it does not.

There are visual elements in there that aren't possible on PS2.

Again, doesn't mean I think it looks good (it doesn't) but it does not ACTUALLY look like a PS2 game. Textures are much higher resolution, there are shaders used in there, resolution is much higher, etc.

It's still ugly as hell but it's not literally a PS2 game. Looks like a low-budget PS3 game, really.

Again, doesn't mean I think it looks good (it doesn't) but it does not ACTUALLY look like a PS2 game. Textures are much higher resolution, there are shaders used in there, resolution is much higher, etc.

It's still ugly as hell but it's not literally a PS2 game. Looks like a low-budget PS3 game, really.
Of course it doesn't on a purely technical level, but it's clear even from that PS2 screenshot that more work has gone into creating that environment. It doesn't really matter if you're rendering a 4096 texture of a smooth, flat grey slab at 1080p, it still looks crap.

III-V

thps3_8.jpg

This screenshot is hideous. People were complaining about the initial reveal bullshots and now we see actual gameplay.

It looks like a HD remaster of a PS2 game for the PS3.
How is that any better

antti-la

I would even be okay with the graphics if it's guaranteed 1080p and rock-solid 60fps.

But that animation? What the actual? Skaters floating around looking almost like they are flying, clipping here and there through stuff and all the tricks look ugly as hell.

Tainted

Yes, you are correct...but at first glance (or even after watching that video in the OP multiple times); many people would be forgiven to think it is a PS2 game. It looks more like a PS2 game than it does a PS4/XO game, that is for sure. Judging by all the comments in this thread...I am not alone

pswii60

Is this a PS2 game?

The only time this has been a legitimate question.

I don't understand? Super low-res textures, basic geometry, terrible animation... and aliasing... and tearing!?

Surely this is a joke. Surely. There is a literal ton of indie games that look a million times better than this.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Damn, this could've been amazing. It looks like a PS3 game.

They had an opportunity to revive the series but it just looks terrible. Just leave it alone.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

Um, yes it does, in fact I've seen PS2 games that look better. Why are you defending this?

They should have titled this with a subtitle and stayed away from the mainline numbers. I was really hoping this would be a return to form, with the vibrant worlds, bouncy and fun gameplay, kooky and irreverent humour. But it looks like a bland, souless pos. Dissappointed.

Top Bottom