• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Jump to have latest Dragon Quest scoops for five straight issues

EDIT: So far we have:

Week 1: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)
Week 2: Dragon Quest Builders (PSV/PS3/PS4)
Week 3: Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 (3DS)
Week 4: Dragon Quest of the Stars (iOS/Android)

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/weekly-jump-have-latest-dragon-quest-scoops-five-straight-issues
For the next five weeks of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, starting from the July 6 issue, which leaked last week, and running through the August 3 issue, each issue will have the latest scoop on the Dragon Quest series, which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2016, the magazine announced in a press release.

That, of course, includes new details on Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for 3DS, but also other “fan must-see scoop(s),” too.

Read more at Gematsu
First one is today's issue which covers DQVIII 3DS box-art, new dungeon/boss and teased a "big title" next week.
Upcoming issues: 13th July, 18th July, 27th July, 3rd August

Though the announcement of '11' is maybe too early...

Who knows...

RPGamer92

Banned
Week 1: Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Week 2: Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
Week 3: Dragon Quest Soda
Week 4: Dragon Quest Clothes line
Week 5: Dragon Quest XI
:p

RyoonZ

Banned
Please be excited for this year TGS!

lyCq0ll.jpg

I'd love to see a proper DQM3 announced. They've remade 1 and 2 on 3DS but we never really got a #3, just Caravan Hearts, Joker, Joker 2, and mobile spinoffs.

mao2

I wonder if we'll see Saito's new project announced: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060213
The idea of a Dragon Quest Dungeon Crawler that Duckroll mentioned has me excited, but it would be a new style for the series, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Not sure if these are related but Ryutaro Ichimura mentioned that there's a Dragon Quest spin-off title currently being developed and is apparently "a little edgy".
http://www.famitsu.com/serial/tsubakigame/201505/22078503.html
そして2016年は『ドラクエ』シリーズは30周年を迎えるんだけど、その盛り上げのための仕込みをしていたり、もちろんこの先に発表する予定の新作もがんばって作っています。ちなみに本編じゃないですよ(笑)。いつも突っ込まれるから言っておこう(笑)。この新作がちょっとエッジの効いたタイトルなので、まずは『DQヒーローズ』をプレイしつつ続報をお待ちいただければと思います。

Oregano

Week 1 is DQVIII
Week 2 is DQV remaster for PS4
Week 3 is DQX for PS4/PS3/Vita
Week 4 is new Monsters game
Week 5 is new spin-off and/or DQXI for PS4(/PS3)

That seems right to me. Not sure on platform for Monsters, could be 3DS but they're stacking the PS4 deck pretty hard.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about Heroes 2... I'll have to think about. Maybe Monsters will stay vapourware.

crinale

Not sure if these are related but Ryutaro Ichimura mentioned that there's a Dragon Quest spin-off title currently being developed and is apparently "a little edgy".
http://www.famitsu.com/serial/tsubakigame/201505/22078503.html

A little edgy DQ spin-off by designer with Western game experience for PS4, running under UE4 sounds probable
and if that's true mainline DQ may end up being 3DS

And as for final announcement they may just announce the announcement date of DQXI.. I think August event is meant to be DQX related, at least officially.

Week 1 is DQVIII
Week 2 is DQV remaster for PS4
Week 3 is DQX for PS4/PS3/Vita
Week 4 is new Monsters game
Week 5 is new spin-off and/or DQXI for PS4(/PS3)

That seems right to me. Not sure on platform for Monsters, could be 3DS but they're stacking the PS4 deck pretty hard.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about Heroes 2... I'll have to think about. Maybe Monsters will stay vapourware.

Someone's bias is showing. When has a new Dragon Quest Monsters ever released on a console? Those games follow Pokemon so hard they'd be stupid not to just keep going with Nintendo handhelds + mobile.

Probably some random news and maybe a new spin-off or two.

Dragon Quest X for PS Family is several years late, but it's going to happen at some point, maybe now is the time!

Oregano

Someone's bias is showing. When has a new Dragon Quest Monsters ever released on a console? Those games follow Pokemon so hard they'd be stupid not to just keep going with Nintendo handhelds + mobile.

PS1 got the first two games remade and I'm fairly sure the Battle Road games on the Wii were part of the Monsters subseries.

Also totally biased towards those platforms I don't own, totally.

P.S. Square Enix ARE stupid.

crinale

Seriously though, it's very unlikely for SE to announce couple of games at once in a month so..

Week 1: some DQVIII info
Week 2: some DQH2 info (Pankraz joining the roster)
Week 3: some DQX info
Week 4: new DQM or some spin-off
Week 5: announcement of announcement of DQXI

..this is more realistic IMHO :p

clem84

Gold Member
I know this is a Japanese magazine, but is it unrealistic to hope they might have news on 7 and 8's localizations?

Oregano

Seriously though, it's very unlikely for SE to announce couple of games at once in a month so..

Week 1: some DQVIII info
Week 2: some DQH2 info (Pankraz joining the roster)
Week 3: some DQX info
Week 4: new DQM or some spin-off
Week 5: announcement of announcement of DQXI

..this is more realistic IMHO :p

You're probably right but Verendus did say a DQ game was being remastered for PS4 and VIII would have been the obvious choice before the 3DS version. V seems like the next best choice because it was also a PS2 get and was voted best PlayStation game of all time.

Announcements for DQM and DQ PS Versions are way overdue too.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is a Japanese magazine, but is it unrealistic to hope they might have news on 7 and 8's localizations?

Yes.

Edit:

Can't wait for DQXI, so disappointed that X never got a Western release.

No way this doesn't end with DQXI or the announcement of a special event that will cover DQXI
please

AFAIK, possible things left dangling besides DQXI:
- That DQV related (?) teaser. I didn't expect much from that but that Horii interview is starting to make me doubt.
- Officially unveiling DQH2.
- Another DQX port? I'm honestly surprised PS3 never got one if their aim was to grow the user base.

Anyway, they have to be building up to next year, and not just DQXI.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know if a DQV remake will be announced for just a specific reason: ...DQVIII remake has yet to be released, thus it would be against Square Enix's interest to reveal a remake while another one is still more than one month and a half away. Actually, I'm a bit surprised they're already teasing next announcements in the series as a whole, despite DQVIII not out yet. But I suppose DQM/other DQ spinoffs and, well, even DQXI wouldn't be as in direct competition as another remake, after all.

Aeana

I don't know if a DQV remake will be announced for just a specific reason: ...DQVIII remake has yet to be released, thus it would be against Square Enix's interest to reveal a remake while another one is still more than one month and a half away. Actually, I'm a bit surprised they're already teasing next announcements in the series as a whole, despite DQVIII not out yet. But I suppose DQM/other DQ spinoffs and, well, even DQXI wouldn't be as in direct competition as another remake, after all.
They're planning a big anniversary bash with multiple releases, they don't have time to announce/release one thing at a time.

Top Bottom