• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Whompa02

Gunna skip the LP and just do the ATR unless Duscae 2.0 has any updates to it...2.0 is the version most of us already have and played I assume? If so, oh well. Just the ATR then.

Gunna skip the LP and just do the ATR unless Duscae 2.0 has any updates to it...2.0 is the version most of us already have and played I assume? If so, oh well. Just the ATR then.

They will be online livestreaming the ATR and Q/A anyway, the LP is just for the people attending the event.

Whompa02

They will be online livestreaming the ATR and Q/A anyway, the LP is just for the people attending the event.

Oh! Perfect. Makes sense since people probably haven't really had the chance, or chose not to pay for the demo.

can't wait for the new atr!!!

Oh boy people sure do like to complain. If they just said "new atr" without anything else, nobody would say anything, but some people knee jerk. To be expected with games like this I guess.

Oh! Perfect. Makes sense since people probably haven't really had the chance, or chose not to pay for the demo.

can't wait for the new atr!!!

Yep, I kind wished they at least would livestream one of the LPs so we can watch the public's reaction, but guess it's not happening.

Stuart444

Man this thread...

I thought with this schedule with LPers that it was obvious that it was marketing to get people interested in it. People who aren't GAFers and stuff and maybe haven't even seen any XV demos/duscae.

They are pretty much using an already made demo to market the game so they don't need to make a new playable build for the show and to try and get people interested in XV.

The ATR is what we should ALL be focusing on here. That one will most likely have new stuff. If it doesn't, then feel free to bitch.

(also interested in the Q&As incase we get any worth while info from them)

Wow. A lot of people jumping to conclusions.

The LPs aren't even being streamed. All the new stuff will still be there. People getting upset about LPs they're never going to see is very puzzling.

Koozek

Wait, so their big event is that they're going to have people play the demo that's been out for months on stage in front of everyone...four different times?

What the fuck?

They'll also have a new trailer, a new ATR, several Q&As and certainly a few press interviews. What else do you want? 5 different demos every day? A complete playthrough of the whole game so far?
I wouldn't even want to see too much of the game besides the big, new trailer. Just give me a release date and I'll wait until Fall 2016.

It's just some live show stuff like any other publisher does at gamescom to grab the attention of the attendees and keep the game's name fresh in folks' minds. It's not the same audience everyday, you know. People come, people go.

jesus some people should stop panicking

unlike the E3, Gamescom is mostly an Fan Event with 200.000-300.000 attendees.
With all those gamers walking around those halls , obviously SE want's to catch their attention by teaming up with some famous german youtubers.

Im sure we will also get some new and fresh informations on this game (New Trailer, Interviews with the press, New Sections/Cities in the ATR) since SE said, the marketing will start at Gamescom

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
jesus some people should stop panicking

unlike the E3, Gamescom is mostly an Fan Event with 200.000-300.000 attendees.
With all those gamers walking around those halls , obviously SE want's to catch their attention by teaming up with some famous german youtubers.

Im sure we will also get some new and fresh informations on this game (New Trailer, Interviews with the press, New Sections/Cities in the ATR) since SE said, the marketing will start at Gamescom

Attendance for Gamescom is actually much higher than E3's.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Attendance_and_Stats
E3 2015: 52K
Gamescom 2014: 335K

So if Gamescom is just a fan event, E3 would be less than that :p

I don't think people are panicking. We're just super bored of Duscae.

AESplusF

If a livestream, 3 Q&A sessions, and most likely a new trailer doesn't excite you I don't know what will.

Those LPs are to keep FFXV on the screen at SE's Gamescom booth. They aren't even livestreamed.

In response to "please be excited" I wasn't speaking about my personal level of excitement.

Although I do want a trailer that feels like a kickoff towards release.

oimori

We've been waiting for a new trailer and new information, haven't we? And they will be there. It's no problem.
LP Duscae is just a bonuses. We can skip them if we want.

Bousf

Not everyone has played Duscae, so if they want to show it to people, good for them. The bright side of all this is that each person can follow the events they want to follow.

We know for certain there will be new stuff happening on the ATR and potentially the Q&A, and there are stage demos scheduled with no youtuber on them, those may be worth checking out.

People are taking Duscae LPs as "no new stuff", when one thing doesn't rule the other out at all. Let's all just pay attention to the ATR and whoever wants to watch LPs can do so too (I may watch one or two).

Philippo

Man the overreaction in this thread is ridiculous.
We're getting a new ATR, which we have been assured will be focused on new material and will sort of start the marketing push, and 3 Q&As with the team, and people focus on LPs of EP Duscae which guess what only those already interested in the game played? What did you expected, a brand new demo only to appeal gamers who still haven't followed the game, when they already have a perfectly working one (and which btw won't even be streamed)?
And this is enough for some to call it a disaster, or an indication that the game is coming in 2017, or lol that KHIII is coming before?

giphy.gif

Koozek

If a livestream, 3 Q&A sessions, and most likely a new trailer doesn't excite you I don't know what will.

Those LPs are to keep FFXV on the screen at SE's Gamescom booth. They aren't even livestreamed.

We've been waiting for a new trailer and new information, haven't we? And they will be there. It's no problem.
LP Duscae is just a bonuses. We can skip them if we want.

Not everyone has played Duscae, so if they want to show it to people, good for them. The bright side of all this is that each person can follow the events they want to follow.

We know for certain there will be new stuff happening on the ATR and potentially the Q&A, and there are stage demos scheduled with no youtuber on them, those may be worth checking out.

People are taking Duscae LPs as "no new stuff", when one thing doesn't rule the other out at all. Let's all just pay attention to the ATR and whoever wants to watch LPs can do so too (I may watch one or two).

Man the overreaction in this thread is ridiculous.
We're getting a new ATR, which we have been assured will be focused on new material and will sort of start the marketing push, and 3 Q&As with the team, and people focus on LPs of EP Duscae which guess what only those already interested in the game played? What did you expected, a brand new demo only to appeal gamers who still haven't followed the game, when they already have a perfectly working one (and which btw won't even be streamed)?
And this is enough for some to call it a disaster, or an indication that the game is coming in 2017, or lol that KHIII is coming before?
Preach, brehs.

Dark_castle

SE should really realize that nobody at this point cares about Episode Duscae anymore, even those who actually enjoyed it. I know there will be new trailer and information for FFXV still in Gamescom, but bombarding the event with so much Episode Duscae might only hamper the excitement of brand new footage of the game.

fertygo

SE should really realize that nobody at this point cares about Episode Duscae anymore, even those who actually enjoyed it. I know there will be new trailer and information for FFXV still in Gamescom, but bombarding the event with so much Episode Duscae might only hamper the excitement of brand new footage of the game.

Its the stage stuff, you shouldn't care anyway if you just following from browsing neogaf, don't be silly.

wmlk

It's a playable demo on the stage. It's not as if they're marketing Duscae anymore. That ended a while ago, anyway.

There's no bombarding going on to people outside of Gamescom.

BreakAtmo

I just wanna say one thing. At E3, a lot of people responded well to Bethesda's conference due to its approach - namely, focusing on just a few games, but devoting a lot of time to each. For example, people were thoroughly impressed at the huge amount of Fallout 4 information we got, which was because Bethesda devoted a whole half-hour to just that one game.

The ATR will be devoting twice that time to just FFXV. I think we can safely expect to get a lot from it.

That thread title is so confusing. What's a LP and a ATR? Also 17+ is that an age rating?
Also isn't Duscae the demo anyway? Why is that news?

Kikujiro

There is a bigger audience than the hardcore FF fans, only the people who bought Type-0 played the demo, Gamescom draw many people who don't know anything about FFXV, the stage event is for them. This is why they are using popular streamers/youtubers, they are't forcing anything on you, the event is not for the hardcore fans who check every little info about the game.

Go_Ly_Dow

There is a bigger audience than the hardcore FF fans, only the people who bought Type-0 played the demo, Gamescom draw many people who don't know anything about FFXV, the stage event is for them. This is why they are using popular streamers/youtubers, they are't forcing anything on you, the event is not for the hardcore fans who check every little info about the game.

Duscae 2.0 has a watered down combat system, with limited enemies, variety and technical issues.

Just seems like a bad representation to sell the game to the masses.

It was a nice gesture for the core followers of the game, but not something that will help pull the numbers they want.

Calling it now: new trailer in ATR ends with "2016" without a month or quarter given. Later at TGS, they give a more specific date.

Dark_castle

Let's see how much new footage we will see of FFXV then. I just hope that SE knows Episode Duscae isn't the hot stuff that people wants to see in this event. I was initially expecting brand new playable ~20 minutes demo that the attendees would have a chance to have their hands-on, but if they had to retread to an old demo, I fear the game's development isn't further than what I had in mind.

KupoNut

Wait, so this is the supposed big "media blowout" SE promised us?

3vKJqc7.gif

It's going to be big. Yes, they'll let YouTubers play Duscae, but there could easily be much more. Everyone seems to be losing sight of the main point because of the Duscae at Gamescom news, but really, they'll have plenty of new info to share.

Vena

It's going to be big. Yes, they'll let YouTubers play Duscae, but there could easily be much more. Everyone seems to be losing sight of the main point because of the Duscae at Gamescom news, but really, they'll have plenty of new info to share.

The problem people have here is that, when one looks at this from a general perspective, all you see is hours upon hours of stuff that people who care about FFXV have already probably played, or have already gotten tired of hearing about the same square kilometer of plains.

If there was "much more" they are doing a great job of hiding it and killing any interest outside of people who are incredibly optimistic.

Koozek

The problem people have here is that, when one looks at this from a general perspective, all you see is hours upon hours of stuff that people who care about FFXV have already probably played, or have already gotten tired of hearing about the same square kilometer of plains.

If there was "much more" they are doing a great job of hiding it and killing any interest outside of people who are incredibly optimistic.

If you remove the live LPs then you have all this yet unknown stuff (thanks to Bazztek from Mognet):

Wednesday August 5th

4:00pm - 6:00pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
6:00pm - 7:00~pm = FFXV Active Time Report livestream

Thursday August 6th

3:00pm - 4:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team

Friday August 7th

9:30am - 11:30am = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
3:00pm - 3:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team
5:30pm - 7:00pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
7:00am - 8:00~pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content

Saturday August 8th

3:00pm - 3:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team
6:00pm - 7:00~pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content

That doesn't look bad now, does it?
EDIT: Not sure if anything besides the ATR will be live-streamed, though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Duscae 2.0 has a watered down combat system, with limited enemies, variety and technical issues.

It was a nice gesture for the core followers of the game, but not something that will help pull the numbers they want.

This is how I feel about it. Duscae has been the face of the game for almost a year now - they really need to move on.

What's the point of 17 playthroughs of a demo that you can watch on YouTube already? Fucking Square lol

17 playthroughs by famous german youtubers = Attract people that are not familiar with this franchise at the gamescom or/and the viewers of those youtubers

Gronkh for example is the biggest youtuber in germany & this is his first Let Play on a FF Game (he did a little gameplay session on FF14 aswell in the past) so thats certainly something new for his large fanbase and great marketing from SE perspective

Attendance for Gamescom is actually much higher than E3's.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Attendance_and_Stats
E3 2015: 52K
Gamescom 2014: 335K

So if Gamescom is just a fan event, E3 would be less than that :p

I don't think people are panicking. We're just super bored of Duscae.

nah i was trying to say, that the E3 is more like a press Event for the media with much less attendees than gamescom.
So other than E3 you have those 300.000 thousand people at the gamescom that you have to attract with your games

Fan Event was the wron term...my bad

Koozek

What's the point of 17 playthroughs of a demo that you can watch on YouTube already? Fucking Square lol

Man, does anybody know how stage shows at gamescom work? The LPs are just there to constantly grab the attention of the audience passing by. Background noise to get young folks watching their favorite YouTuber playing to talk about the game (those on stage for FFXV are some of the biggest YT gaming guys here in Germany - Gronkh = PewDiePie basically).
What else should they do for 5 days straight in your opinion? Completely new content 24/7 for 5 days? We'll get a new trailer, ATR, Q&As and interviews. That's more than enough. TGS will surely have something, too. Also there's Jump Festa. Maybe even that Paris Game Show where Sony is attending instead of gamescom this year.

I agree, though, that ED2.0 is still not the best first impression you could get for this game. Maybe they keep polishing and adding stuff for trade fairs in the future.

Vire

Who wants to watch 17 playthroughs of a demo that they've most likely played through twice already (Duscae 1.0 and 2.0)?

Starting to get nervous about the production of this game again...

Who wants to watch 17 playthroughs of a demo that they've most likely played through twice already (Duscae 1.0 and 2.0)?

No one, that's why they aren't streaming them. They're just fillers.

Koozek

Are you guys serious? You don't have to watch 17 playthroughs, nor could you if you wanted to anyway, as they won't be live-streamed. The audience at gamescom isn't the same for 5 days straight, you know that, right? It's always someone new passing by the SE stage everyday and they have different YouTubers to cover several fan bases.
Also, no, not everyone has played the demo (look at the Type-0 sales).

Top Bottom