• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Meh, I am happy enough with an ATR with new information.

Seems they are saving a good amount for TGS at this point since it is just in september

Boke1879

Meh, I am happy enough with an ATR with new information.

Seems they are saving a good amount for TGS at this point since it is just in september

Yea if that ATR is filled with new an interested info I'll be happy. Maybe I'm making things up but didn't SE say that Gamescom and beyond the marketing for XV would kick up?

Also like you said. TGS is soon after anyway

No. Unless they've really fleshed it out properly, with new areas to explore and new quests...otherwise they can go fuck themselves.

Yea if that ATR is filled with new an interested info I'll be happy. Maybe I'm making things up but didn't SE say that Gamescom and beyond the marketing for XV would kick up?

Also like you said. TGS is soon after anyway

I mean yeah but the info and a new trailer kicks it up quite a bit. I guess we will have to wait and see what Wed holds for us.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
17 different LPs?

...why?
LP'ers are a good way to advertise your game now, Ubi did the same right before Unity came out and again with Syndicate. Only problem is that doing that can lead to a game looking boring because we've seen the same shit over and over again just with different commentary. And with this it's even worse because a ton of people already played the game.

DeSolos

Ok so, watch the ATR on Wednesday, and the Q&As for the three following days, and ignore the rest.

Sounds good to me.

wrowa

I'm actually not sure why people are so surprised about the stage shows. Those are meant to be fun and not about announcements. They want to grab the attention of attendees for half an hour, before people will go to somehwere else. That's why having a lot of repeated content isn't actually that bad, since there will always be new people watching the show. No one visits gamescom in order to watch a stage show for the whole day.

What's actually funny is that it's apparently not possible to just stand in line if you want to play FFXV. You need to be among "the lucky selected few" who are allowed to play it? That's just weird.

17 hours of the same dull, featureless, repetitive Duscae area with 3 enemy types and no interesting quests. I guess we know why they skipped E3 now.

Koozek

Jesus, some of you are so overdramatic. The live LPs are just relevant for those attending and no, not everyone has already seen or played the demo. Gronkh and PietSmiet are some the biggest YouTubers here. Gives the game exposure in non-FF-fan audiences, which is necessary nowadays where the franchise isn't as popular anymore with the younger generations of gamers.

If they had prepared another completely different demo in a new area, you same guys would have been saying "LOL, FFXV to be released episodic. Man, SE should work on the main game for a change if they want to release it before 2020!".
We don't have to watch the LPs and we couldn't even if we wanted, anyway.

I bet there will also be an interview from a gaming website with Tabata or the development team as well about new stuff from the ATR

Enthus

I don't expect 15 on PC at all and if it does 2-4 years after consoles.

Why? Square has been pushing PC pretty hard recently, and Steam alone accounts for a few million sales they otherwise wouldn't have. I don't expect a simultaneous release, but I definitely expect it eventually, like Type-0.

Why? Square has been pushing PC pretty hard recently, and Steam alone accounts for a few million sales they otherwise wouldn't have. I don't expect a simultaneous release, but I definitely expect it eventually, like Type-0.

Because this is a mainline game that isn't an MMO. Call me skeptical.

Jesus, some of you are so overdramatic. The live LPs are just relevant for those attending and no, not everyone has already seen or played the demo. Gronkh and PietSmiet are some the biggest YouTubers here. Gives the game exposure in non-FF-fan audiences, which is necessary nowadays where the franchise isn't as popular anymore with the younger generations of gamers.

If they had prepared another completely different demo in a new area, you same guys would have been saying "LOL, FFXV to be released episodic. Man, SE should work on the main game for a change if they want to release it before 2020!".

Yup. FF is a huge franchise but still a ton of people haven't played it or even seen it.

But yeah the stage stuff is just for the people there the ATR will also probably have a one-on-one interview with like IGN or something as well so I expect the most information from that stuff

SoulUnison

Banned
Wait, so their big event is that they're going to have people play the demo that's been out for months on stage in front of everyone...four different times?

What the fuck?

hal9001

Banned
Wait, so this is the supposed big "media blowout" SE promised us?

3vKJqc7.gif

Son Of D

Seems weird. Gamescom is meant to be the start of the main marketing campaign, but they're still showing Duscae. I hope this is to either tie-in to a PC announcement or to try and boost sales of Type-0 in Europe.

Mcdohl

Wait, so this is the supposed big "media blowout" SE promised us?

Seems weird. Gamescom is meant to be the start of the main marketing campaign, but they're still showing Duscae. I hope this is to either tie-in to a PC announcement or to try and boost sales of Type-0 in Europe.

From what I understand the last hour of the first day is going to be the new info and hopefully that means trailer and non-Duscae info.

The one-hour live stream on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. promises brand new insight into the highly anticipated RPG with exclusive information. Fans and visitors are welcome.

Like, I understand why they're doing it, and if nothing else a little jabbing at S-E was a little fun to do if I'm being honest, but I was hoping that the full game promotion starting at Gamescom that they mentioned would amount to a little more than an ATR. Still, new news is new news. Can't really argue with that.

chozen

Lol then we will start hearing TGS will be a recap of everything we know and we will all be like "Maybe they will show more new footage at the next event" Please just give the release date and I'm done, this game has gone long enough in development.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This strikes me as accomplishing nothing PR wise, and actually diminishing hype for the game. They should just stay home unless they have more to show.

wmlk

This strikes me as accomplishing nothing PR wise, and actually diminishing hype for the game. They should just stay home unless they have more to show.

We don't even know what they have to show. Your statement is a bit premature. What else would you expect?

I'm a little disappointed, but this is hardly the end of the world. They have a demo in a playable state that many people have not gotten a chance to try: as far as marketing campaigns go, it makes sense that this is an easy way to give a lot of exposure. They wouldn't be doing this if the game was still years out.

Go_Ly_Dow

This sounds like a weak ass marketing "push" Square.

Good luck trying to sell this to 7+million people through ATB's viewed by 20,000 people.

Maybe they want more for TGS since it's their homeland. idk

Oh man, after always waiting for TGS info after Versus missed yet another E3 during the dark ages, I can't go back to staunching disappointment with TGS expectations.

That said, since the stage show isn't being streamed, I don't think it's that odd to feature Duscae. Plenty of folks haven't played it (particularly 2.0 I'd guess) and it's surely their most polished piece of content for now. Also, with multiple developer interviews and a new ATB, I'm tentatively optimistic we'll see something interesting. And of course, I don't want to see too much ahead of the release anyway. Mostly just want a clear sense that they're moving into the home stretch (and a release date/season).

I really don't think this means they don't have much to show, guess we'll just have to wait for thei ATR.

They really don't need to show a new demo now, they can do this in the next TGS, Jump Festa, Paris Game World, E3 2016 or even PSX. If they started showing new playable demos now I don't think they would be showing a new one in each event anyway.

Top Bottom