• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
16. StreetPass Zombies

image.jpg

CengizMan

9YoPH53.png

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Duration played: Over the course of two days

Lots of brain farts on which brother I was controlling. The game glitched at some point, so I had to restart a chapter. The option to skip cut scenes would have been nice.

The game was really charming and had a really interesting world. Did not expect the ending to be so... real.

(Original post with list of completed games.)

Axass

Last two games of June:

Game 26: Goodbye Deponia [with gf] - 4/5 - around 12 hours (14/06/15)
header.jpg

Completed the game and got all platypus's eggs. Rufus is a douchebag, but an incredibly simpleminded and lovable one: after liking him in the first game and loathing him in the sequel, now I can safely say I really grew attached to his antics and I'm sad I reached the end of his adventure. That's a testament of the amazing love Daedalic put into crafting a vast and charming cast of characters, that sometimes reach Monkey Island heights of stupidity and craziness. The crucial plot revelations are nice and don't feel shoehorned at the last minute (Broken Age I'm looking at you), in fact they were foreshadowed ever since the first game; also Rufus shows quite the growth as a character in this last game. The puzzles are well balanced and very diverse, the situations are also quite numerous, as are the beautiful background artworks: you never feel bored and you hardly get stuck. Exception to the rule is act 5, which reminded me of the three isles part of Monkey Isalnd 2: you have so much stuff to explore and so many possibilities to calculate, that you end up feeling a little lost; in fact that's the only part where I got stuck for a long time. However due to the gameplay gimmick employed in said act, I can't help but love how everything works together in the end. Speaking of the ending, it's absolutely fitting to the tragicomedy that is Deponia, anything else would've felt forced and disappointing. Great series that shows how point and click adventures can still innovate and have a big impact even in this AAA age.

-----------------------------------------

Game 27: Hexcells - 4/5 - 02:30 hours (22/06/15)
header.jpg

Completed 100%. The developers nailed down what makes picross and minesweeper fun: they managed to implement both games' mechanics, making them cohexist without bogging down the result with overcomplexity. Only negative thing is the lack of features and different modes: the stages aren't randomly generated like in minesweeper, you can only play them so many times before getting bored. Still, a classic in its genre.

Oreoleo

Game 27: Hexcells - 4/5 - 02:30 hours (22/06/15)
Completed 100%. The developers nailed down what makes picross and minesweeper fun: they managed to implement both games' mechanics, making them cohexist without bogging down the result with overcomplexity. Only negative thing is the lack of features and different modes: the stages aren't randomly generated like in minesweeper, you can only play them so many times before getting bored. Still, a classic in its genre.

Idk if you know, but Hexcells Infinite has a random puzzle generator. They aren't as hard or thoughtful as the hand made levels, but it's better than nothing. Great bunch of games.

Axass

Idk if you know, but Hexcells Infinite has a random puzzle generator. They aren't as hard or thoughtful as the hand made levels, but it's better than nothing. Great bunch of games.

Bought all three games during the summer sale, in fact I just completed Hexcells Plus as well, even though I still have to post about it. I'm now playing Infinite, so yeah, I'm aware of that, thanks for telling me anyway, I appreciate the thought! ;)

Yuterald

Appreciate the advice, good sir. Thanks very much and as always I'll be glad to report back with my impressions when I actually get to play these. I will probably take advantage of save states. I presume Landstalker and the Alundra games have proper saving, though? :)

(BTW, is Pulseman Game Freak? Was this their pre-Pokegame?)

Yes, Landstalker and Alundra have proper in-game save files/data, Pulseman was indeed a Game Freak title. Pretty crazy knowing/reading this today, right? I sort of wish they'd go back and try and develop a traditional stage-by-stage platformer (and that eShop rhythm game doesn't count!).

maxcriden

Yes, Landstalker and Alundra have proper in-game save files/data, Pulseman was indeed a Game Freak title. Pretty crazy knowing/reading this today, right? I sort of wish they'd go back and try and develop a traditional stage-by-stage platformer (and that eShop rhythm game doesn't count!).

Thanks man. Yeah, it is really odd to think of now. I couldn't get into Harmoknight, just way too difficult for my rhythm-challenged self, lol. I'm eager to check out Pulseman and hopefully one day they can make another traditional platformer (my favorite genre, so I really just want everyone to make more of them!).

CengizMan

UJ64o0G.png

Secret of Mana
Duration played: 32:38 (Alternatively: 10 years)

Finally. Perhaps it was fate that I would finish the 16th game on the 16th day of this month.

Love this game. Love it, love it, love it. Sure it has its flaws, but I love it. I played the final dungeon with three friends and I have beaten the final boss on my own. Super proud, considering I was 15 levels under the recommended level on some FAQ's.

I have been wanting to finish this game since I got it ten years ago. Finally, I have found the time and friends to beat it. The, without a doubt, oldest game in my backlog. But oddly, also one of my favorite games of all time.

Love it.

Synth

Original Post

Bioshock Infinite
header.jpg

Criteria: Standard game completion.
Time played: 11 hours

Right, let's get this out of the way first. Bioshock Infinite's gameplay is pretty awful... Like, one of the worst examples of FPS gameplay I have come across in years. Everything from the unsatisfying feedback of the weapons, to the absolutely dreaded battle encounters (I don't even want to talk about some of the shit that happens late in the game), almost had me drop this game at numerous points. This is one of those games where I wish I started out on the easiest difficulty level, so I could casually stroll my way past all the crap gameplay, and simply be taken along for the ride and see the sights. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that the world the game is set in is beautiful... that, and I wanted to know where the story was going.

I'm glad I did suffer on though, as the form the story took on by the end of the game elevated this to one of my favourite stories told in a game. It's a shame I can't think of any effective way to describe it, or even hint at it without potentially spoiling it for a new players. It's just really, really good, and one of the best endings I've ever seen a game have.

So all in all, Bioshock Infinite somewhat represents what I feel is becoming the biggest issue with modern AAA games today. I can't help but feel that this game is a case of a story needing to be told, and then simply attempting to craft a game around it. It doesn't feel like a game made by people that understand what makes a game fun to play. It feels like a game that should really be a movie or a book, and it would have been improved by not having poor gameplay diluting its direction. However, it is what it is, and is well worth experiencing in the only form which it can be experienced in.

GLuigi

Game #36: Professor Layton and the Arzan Legacy (3DS) - 24 Hours
This was the perfect way the prequel trilogy could of ended. I was feeling a bit tired of the series after playing Miracle Mask but Azran Legacy definitely picked things up again. The story, charactes, and soundtrack are all great. Navigating has improved as instead of having once huge area to walk around, you get to visit several separate regions while being able to switch from region to region with ease. Puzzles were great this time around, very light with the math puzzles and also few with trick answers to mix things up pretty good. Overall, a great way to end things. I would love to see a spinoff starring Emmy.

Game #37: Gunman Clive (3DS) - 2 Hours
I wasn't expecting much going into this, and for the first few stages it seemed like it was going to be an average platform shooter, but as the game went on it I enjoyed it more and more. The game has a pretty great difficulty progression as each new stage adds more challenges in your face and is able to keep adding without having to repeat any of them in later stages. You also have the feel of a NES platforming difficulty with having to start over from the start of the stage if you die, but the stages are fairly short enough that this feature doesn't become a pain. You start out with two playable characters who have different features about them and one unlockable character who changes the way you play the game. For such a cheap price, this game feels like a steal.

What's Next: Probably start on Sakura Samurai on my 3DS next, and also probably find something on my PC to play as well

UPDATE: Game #38: Card City Nights (PC) - 10 Hours
Fun collectible card game that is surprisingly deep. Its hard to describe the gameplay in words but its like playing a "Match 3" game but with a lot of more going on. A lot of thought has to be put into making your deck from making sure you cards have good synergy or if you want your deck to be offence, defense, or balanced orientated. On top of that, you have two ways to win a match which opens up a lot strategic options. I have only two major problems with the game: First i have a problem on how you place cards on to the board via drag and drop. It's very easy to misplace the card and screw yourself over. Second, the final boss is a huge pain as their deck pretty much breaks the rules. On a last note, the soundtrack is fantastic. Gotta see where I can pick up the OST.

Game #39: Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (3DS) - 5 Hours
Got this game from the final Club Nintendo reward, and only got it as i heard the game get mentioned a few times from all the podcasts i listened to. While I did enjoyed all the neat parts about the game, the majority just feels like fluff. Most of the levels you play just involves throwing you in a single area with a bunch of enemies with the goal of defeating every single enemy. Instead of hacking and slashing your way through, you actually need to dodge and counter each attack if you want to do any damage The game gets a bit repetitive as the differences between each stage is very minimal. The best part are the bosses, which pretty much plays like Punch-Out, except that you have a 3D arena to move around in. I feel like the game would of been better if it just had the Punch-Out layout with you just fighting bosses instead of having to work through repetitive stages. Also the game looks a little gross, it looks like someone smeared Vaseline in the background. Overall, fun game in short bursts. Once you are done with the game you probably won't feel like tackling all the extra gameplay modes this game has to offer.

Game #40: Sweet Memories Blackjack (3DS) - 8 Hours
This was just something I played while listening to podcast, and I was generally surprised that there is actually an end goal to reach for. Its good old blackjack.. well a sort of dumbed down version of it with anime girls to look at while you play. The way this game stands out is that instead having the player vs dealer scenario, the dealer is removed and you are just facing another player. If you are looking for a true blackjack experience, you are not going to find here. You can tweak the settings to make it close to it. There are multiple girls you can play against depending on the time of day, each having varying AI difficulty settings (they all act the same to me). There are collectible artwork you can collect via achievements, but good luck trying to get them all.

Game #41: Marvel Trading Card Game (DS) - 26 Hours
Beaten Hero Side only, I don't think I have it in me to go through the Villain side knowing there's a really annoying final mission at the end. Anyways, this trading card game features the VS system which i personally feel that it is one of the easier CCG games to get into. Getting through the initial tutorial is more hassle than its supposed to be, but you can get the gist of it pretty easily. The AI in this game is pretty good for the most part, they will play their hand to the fullest extent every time, without feeling like the enemy knows what your cards are. Sometimes i will get lucky and be able to finish off a mission easily because the AI got a bad draw. The single player mode is pretty decent until you get to the last one which sets you up into a "near impossible" situation that requires a lot of luck. The UI is also a pain, and you can easily screw yourself over by skipping a vital phase of your turn. I do recommend picking up either the PSP or PC version rather than the DS version.

Original Post

Nemaides

I forgot about this thread...

List of completed games

Game 11: Jigoku Kisetsukan: Sense of the Seasons- ~1h

Game 12: Cherry Tree High Comedy Club- ~3h

Game 13: Voices from the Sea- ~1h

Game 14: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin- ~60h

Game 15: Bayonetta 2- ~12h

Game 16: REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR- ~2h

Game 17: Trine: Enchanted Edition- ~5h

Game 18: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- ~30h

Game 19: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds- ~3h

Game 20: Magical Battle Festa- ~2h

Game 21: The Witch's House- ~1h

Game 22: Freedom Wars- ~30h

Game 23: Higurashi When They Cry Hou: Ch.1 Onikakushi- ~10h

Game 24: Feather Raid- ~1h

Game 25: Green Wind- ~1h

Game 26: Rozen Diadem- ~1h

Game 27: Visionary Wings- ~2h

Game 28: Samidare- ~1h

Dryk

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Game #46: Alien Spidy: 3.6 hours (~30% completion)
*sigh* What a shit show. It's taken this long but a game I've played for the challenge has finally beaten me.

So I've been scrolling past this game in my Steam library for years and it's always caught my eye. The main character seemed cute, I liked the name, so I figured lets finally give it a go. The gameplay turned out to be failure on almost every level, but there's still a glimmer of potential here, so where do I even begin.

Alien Spidy is a platformer in the vein of Super Meat Boy, it has decent music and cute graphics so that's a plus I guess. You control an alien called Spidy and try to move from one end of the level to the other while collecting point orbs. Your abilities consist of moving, jumping and a web swing, and that's where a long chain of "this would be okay, but..." problems begin.

The game controls badly. You lack air control in a game that sorely needs it, walking over the slightest bump in the ground is enough to make you count as being in the air and not be able to jump and it's all around floaty and unresponsive. This would be okay, but the game is set up as a precision platformer. With the controls as they stand it just isn't that satisfying to play, which brings me to the web swinging. The game doesn't give you any tools to help you plan your swings, you have to be able to judge when and where to shoot a web to get the exact arc you want. This would be okay, but the game is structured around collecting series of score orbs.

This would be okay, but the scoring system makes collecting individual orbs next to worthless. Orbs combo with scores of 5, 11, 19, 29, 42 (+ bonus 5000), 59 etc, and the combo resets after less than a second, making anything other than sets of 5 completely worthless. This would be okay, but the game forces you to care about your score. Each world starts with every level but a handful unlocked. Secret levels require a 4-star rating on a certain level to unlock and the last level, completion of which unlocks the next world, requires an average of about 2.5 stars across the rest of the levels.

This might be okay, but the game actively tries to prevent you from being able to achieve a good score. Even though gaining points is really, really hard. When you die or otherwise return to a checkpoint you lose 1500 points. On top of this you lose points at a constant rate of 100/second no matter what you do, and then the game tells you the exact breakdown at the end leaving you to cry over a base score that would've unlocked new levels bled away by delays. On top of this, when you die or otherwise return to a checkpoint the level many obstacles do not reset. Enemies or obstacles that move back and forth stay moving during the respawn animation, meaning that the timing in each life is often inconsistent.

The game has native 360 controller support, as it debuted on the XBLA, but since there's no reticule and you need to be able to make precise web shots it's almost impossible to play with a controller. Even with the mouse it can be a crap-shoot as the cursor is very thin and a light blue colour that blends into the sky on all of the daytime levels (about half) when the background is scrolling.

The game is also very buggy. I had to limit it to 60fps because it would glitch out and get stuck in a repeating twitch animation preventing me from shooting my web otherwise. Occasionally the game would lag, not run at a low frame-rate, actually lag. I would shoot a web, nothing would happen and I would fall to my death, then halfway through the death animation the web would appear and I would snap up to it.

So despite all this. I spent a good 3 hours with the game (the first .5 was tinkering with the framerate to get it working). I made it through the first world and a good 10% of the way into the second. Through the game forcing me to repeat the levels over and over and over I saw glimpses of potential. When you pull off a web swing properly through memorisation and fly through a line of orbs it does feel good. I figured I could see this through to the glitchy, uneven end. The second world had introduced a number of interesting new mechanics and I was keen to see what the third and final world had in store.

And then tonight I loaded the game up and it had deleted my save.

Upon checking the forums I discovered that this is a widely reported issue that the developers have never commented on. Then I immediately came here to type up this report. The reviewers were right on this one, it's not worth the glimpses of something good through all the shit, stay away.

vIRsLB7.png

10h-ish. Story mode completed, plus all the "Meet X" scenarios. This game is... not a very good game. The plot is cliche'd as it can be, with the Power of Love trumping them all, and it jumps between semi-interesting "story" stages and endlessly grinding Reputation through repeating the same three quests given a different coat of paint every time. As a timewaster and fanservice tool, though, it's invaluable. I've spent more time staging team fights than playing the game itself. And it costed me 50 cents so it was more than bang for my buck!

Updated OP

Games 1 - 24 (updated)

24. Pneuma: Breath of Life (PS4) - 15th July, 140 minutes
This is a first person puzzle game which uses Unreal Engine 4, and I really liked it. Visuals are excellent, the puzzles were generally great and it's got an interesting theme with its narration, which begins as a guy with a god complex and eventually turns into something else. It's pretty brief and I'd say its current price of £12 is a little steep, but fans of first person puzzlers should consider picking this up when it drops in price a little. 7/10

Currently playing: Destiny, Yeti Skiing Adventure, Ethan Carter (tonight)

Labadal

Games #1-20
Games #21-

Game 29: Transistor - 6,5 hours
PC

I picked this up because I enjoyed Bastion and I liked the concept of the battle system in this. I didn't enjoy it as much as Bastion, but it was still a good experience. I like how you could mix and match passives, upgrades and skills. Gave the battles some variety. Music and graphics were excellent and the voice acting was good. I still like the Bastion narrator more, and maybe that's why I prefer that game over Transistor. I'm not going for a Ng+ just like I didn't do with Bastion due to lack of time. If anyone's interested in a sort of turn-based combat system, it is fairly unique as I haven't seen any other game that plays like this.

Small update with two games.

Game 21: Final Fantasy I (PSP / PS Vita) - Hours Played: 14:33 - Finished June 28th

Finally got to finish the game. It's a landmark in videogame history for sure but there's not really much to talk about the first installment of the FF series; you control the four warriors of light and you collect the four elemental crystals to save the world. That's it. At some point you get to upgrade your classes but otherwise this jrpg is as straightforward as they come. The PSP version has very nice art and great music, but they made the game stupidly easy too. In the beginning I decided to grind a little before taking on Garland and as a result I remained overpowered for the rest of the game. It basically became "hold X to win". The dungeon bosses weren't very different in that regard; just buff Knight / Ninja, cast Curaga and other helpful spells every so often. I think only Chaos (the final boss) gave me some trouble, mostly because he cast Curaga on himself halfway through the battle. I wanted to take on the bonus dungeons like Hellfire Chasm but the stupid saving system won't let me start with my old stats. Anyway, as a RPG it's pretty bare bones but it's fun if you're looking for something old school, without all the fluff that subsequent jrpgs have been adding to the genre. 7/10

Game 22: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - Hours Played: 36:28 - Completed 100% July 17th

I took my sweet time playing the game. Collected all the Heart Pieces / Masks and completed the Bomber's Notebook on the way too. It is as good as I remembered it. I don't want to talk much about the original game (I think it's the best Nintendo game), so I'll briefly talk about the 3ds version additions. Stuff like the extra save points and the streamlined time-skipping system make the game better and greatly improve some of the more sluggish parts of the original. The Kafei & Anju quest now takes twenty minutes or so (instead of an hour) if you know what you're doing. The new boss battles are very cool, especially the battle with Twinmold which feels like Zelda x WWE. I didn't have any problems with needing magic to swim faster; drinking Chateau Romani gets rid of that issue anyway. I didn't have the moon crash down on me but I did fail the Romani and Anju & Kafei sidequests when I first attempted them, to my surprise. Either I got rusty or they made them harder this time. This is the definitive version of Majora's Mask, to the surprise of no one. The game itself is a must play, although I would have liked a Master Quest and / or boss rush like its' OOT 3D sibling. Oh well. Time to sink my teeth into the real meat of the game: fishing! The actual title of this game is Termina Pro Bass Fishing. 10/10

---

Currently Playing

I've been focusing on MM3D so nothing. I had started Final Fantasy II a while ago, and while it looks interesting (and there's a story this time too lol), I have to get used to its weird 'leveling' system so for the moment I will probably drop it for something more traditional like Final Fantasy III or Suikoden.

Also grabbed the Ace Attorney Trilogy game on the e-shop on last week's sales, so there's that.

Up Next

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Final Fantasy III
Suikoden

--

My list so far

Game #1 - Spyro the Dragon (PSOne). (5 Hours) I played the PSOne version on the PS3. The game aged well. It had it rough some rough edges, but the cookie was still fresh. B-

original post

32. Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 29 hours;

Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg

Wow, thankfully I started this before the remake was announced, otherwise I might have skipped on this. Good thing I didn't, because this is still a great game and certainly has several values which will stay unique even after the remake.

I have a soft spot for pre-rendered backgrounds and this is a pretty good showcase of very diverse and nice looking angles and perspectives. I don't mind the block characters, they are kinda like sprites in their simplicity. And let's be real, the remake will certainly get much more melodramatic, so it's actually good that this narrative was still hampered through the simple character models (although it's already a little embarrasing in this version, holy crap at wheelchair Cloud, lmao).

All in all, despite only playing it now, this is easily my favorite FF and maybe the only one I thoroughly enjoyed. The setting is great and both unique and sometimes classic. But not yet as over-the-top animu as the sequels. I also highly welcome the streamlined gameplay. I didn't like the job systems of other FF games and how the older titles handled difficulty.

I guess I also played this just at the right time too. After RPGs like SMT, I needed something a little simple but still enjoyable like this. I can also see why it's such a classic, since it's a very good beginner's RPG. And while I already knew about certain twists, this still had some memorable moments and locations. And of course, the music is just incredible.

I was annoyed by some late enemies which had tediously long animations and the unnecessary jump in difficulty for the final boss (in particular since I didn't do much side content and got through the game just fine until then - plus I don't think I could have left disc 3), plus a few drags and bad minigames here and there, but the biggest flaw of this game is the old localisation.
I heard people made fun of the English text, but then I had no choice other than experiencing someone's way too literal and amateurish translation of the English one, which honestly brought down the experience quite a bit. Often the plot or even the mechanics didn't made much sense because of that.
It was that bad. Thank god it didn't have voice acting.

★★★★½

33. Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD (PS3) - 9 hours;

SWosLNz.jpg

If you're looking for awkward controls, horrid camera and mission plus boss designs which are either not at all computing with these facts, a mere test of bearing tedium, or both, then look no further than for this heap of junk.

I would have originally said that the world hasn't lost anything worthwhile with the death of a 3rd installment, but I guess the potential is there for a decent mech action game. Weapons and sometimes fighting cannon fodder is alright, yet it needs competent stage- and enemy design which often just isn't there. Controls are the opposite of intuitive (in particular where blocking is placed). For the camera anyway, which is working against you especially during some boss fights requiring nitpicky objectives. But some of these fights are tedious and annoying without that either way.

The only truly great thing about this title is the music. And I guess that it's an okayish scifi anime. This is why I hate digital, I wish I could sell this game, even if for just a buck.

★★☆☆☆

34. Final Fantasy IV remake (DS) - 35 hours;

FF4DS_NTSC_front.jpg

The story is an alright fairytale, in particular during a great beginning and during a decent end, yet it kinda drags in the middle. I was a little annoyed by the constant character switching during the beginning and hence constant level set-backs. Getting a hang of the rather challenging ,,real time'' combat is fun enough, although a few dungeons drag after a while. Also, the artifical difficulty in some places is really annoying, i.e. only getting through battles with one certain spell/strategy (plus one midboss literally relied on luck).

And while thankfully this doesn't have some tedious job system, you're still quickly getting a redundantly big amount of different battle options which you can barely keep track of, yet alone properly find out how to use the first time during certain difficult moments.

Music and graphics/art direction were alright. Kinda standard nowadays.

★★★☆☆

Hikami

Wasn't expecting to hit 52 games so soon

main post
--
Game 47: Higurashi When they Cry - Ch.1 Onikakushi
Playtime: 14:18
Start/Finish: June 30th, 2015 - July 5th, 2015
// This was a crazy ride of emotions. Joy, Sadness, Fear.. Despair. Can't wait for the next chapter.
--
Game 48: Tales of Symphonia
Playtime: 41:19
Start/Finish: June 25th, 2015 - July 9th, 2015
// My least favorite Tales game so far.. Probably only because I've played the newer ones. This one felt like it dragged on too long, similar to Abyss.
--
Game 49: Eternal Senia
Playtime: 3:20
Start/Finish: July 10th, 2015
// A good time waster, had some nice music and art.
--
Game 50: Shin Megami Tensei IV
Playtime: 50:39
Start/Finish: July 4th, 2015 - July 12th, 2015
// My first mainline SMT game. Now my favorite 3DS game. I didn't even like it for the story which is my main draw, the gameplay was just so much fun. Already thinking of trying Nocturne later.
--
Game 51: Jigoku Kisetsukan
Playtime 2:00
Start/Finish: July 12th, 2015
// Some random game I found on my PC. Don't know how it got there or what it is but.. It's apparently a bullet hell shoot em' up. Had fun with it even though I just kept dying over and over at the first boss for a while.
--
Game 52: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Playtime 2:00
Start/Finish: July 17th, 2015
// First time trying a MGS game, I've tried Revegeance but it's not the same as this.. Didn't know how fun these games were. I had no idea what was going on with the story but, it was cool to see. Definitely got me interested in the series.

Yuterald

Going to try and lay out the next dozen games I'd like to complete over the next two months before all the heavy hitting holiday stuff drops:

In Progress

Vandal Hearts - REPLAY
Alundra 2 - REPLAY
Suikoden - REPLAY
Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - REPLAY
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Banjo-Tooie
Odallus: The Dark Call
Oniken
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Mega Man 7 - REPLAY
Mega Man X - REPLAY
Donkey Kong Country - REPLAY

If I could get these completed by September 1, I'd feel good. This would bring me to a solid 40 games completed for 2015. Hopefully, this will keep me focused. Been bouncing around too much again lately...

dcelw540

Game 1:Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita) - + 20 hours
I loved this game it was so much fun to play and took me quite some time to finish all the races and reverse but I did it! I would recommend it for vita it worked like a charm and no problems! 8.5/10

Game 2: Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4) - 99 hours
This was quite a good game and loved the characters, I did like making your own character and dragons fights were the bomb digity! I had a few glitches and problems but solid game going in as my first dragon age game. 8/10

Game 3: Alien: Isolation (PS4) - 15 hours
This game looked amazing and was a delight to play. But it's not perfect playing on hard you do get cheap deaths and checkpoint stations are sometimes to far apart. Lastly, the game dragged on way to much and felt like fetch quests over and over. 7/10

Game 4: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round (PS4) - 13 hours
This game was fun and a fighting game with a storymode great! But the story mode made no sense and was a bit to weird for my taste but the gameplay was fun enough to ignore. 7.5/10

Game 5: Bloodborne (PS4) - 36 hours
At first I hated this game but I came through and loved this game! The game design is simply amazing and the gameplay was fun but fair it is my favourite game this year so far! 9.5/10

Game 6: Killzone: Mercenary (Vita) - 10 hours
I love the killzone seires and wanted to play this badly but after two hours I was done with the game. It was not as fun or enjoyable as shadowfall and hearing this is the best story for a killzone game was laughable. Final boss was also terrible. 5/10

Game 7: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4) - 7 hours
So i beat this game in 2014 but I am a trophy maniac so I played through it again on veteran and still an overall good game. It was much better then ghosts and left me excited for the future games of sledgehammer. 8/10

Game 8: DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (PS4) -10 hours
I cannot say how much I loved this game it was great and the music is really good for the mood. I can't wait for a sequel and hope it comes out soon. 9/10

Game 9: Mortal Kombat X (PS4) - 4 hours
This game's story mode is short but sweet and gives you a taste on what the rest of the cast will play like. I played all the ladders and still enjoy playing this casually. 8/10

Game 10: Rayman Lengends (PS4) - 9 hours
This was way more enjoyable then the last game. It was easier but for a person who is playing alone it was needed and the music levels were amazing shame there weren't many of them. 8/10
Game 11:
Game 11:Witcher 3 (PS4) - 40+ hours
Terrible game, one of the worse game I have played in the past 5 years. I sold it immediately after. 4/10

Game 12:Batman Arkham Knight - 23 hours
I loved/ like this game. I loved asylum and city they are beyond amazing games. This never reaches those levels and do feel like they could of been a better way to end the series. The batmobile is way overused and arkham knight is disappointing but combat and stealth is the best it's ever been. 8.5-9/10
Game 13: Destiny - 21 hours
This game is alright, it's what i thought it would be and nothing more. The story isn't even a story and the game types is generic as well. 5.5/10

Main post

Game 22: The Darkness (360) - 12 hours [7/18/15] ★★★★
darkness_zps2uhkgqi0.png

Beat game on Medium. 28/50 achievements.

Another Starbreeze FPS down, another one that I really enjoyed. This is the third early-Xbox 360 FPS that I've played so far this year (after F.E.A.R. and Prey), and this is my favorite of the three. I love the setting and overall design of the game, both the structure of how the levels are laid out and the mood of the New York City underworld at night. The mood in particular hearkens back to Remedy's Max Payne games.

The gameplay is a ton of fun. The Darkness abilities are all great and make me feel like a badass, and they add quite a bit of variety and creativity to what would normally be standard shootouts. There are some definite balance issues, though. Up close and personal melee and short-range combat is a lot of fun, but you usually pay the price for it because it doesn't take too much enemy fire to kill you. Conversely, you have very powerful long-range abilities that the adversaries have very little defense against -- sometimes, there's no reason to engage the enemy at all. This is still fun, mind you -- it just feels too easy, like I'm cheating. Finally, switching between the different Darkness abilities and standard weaponry never feel as smooth and free-flowing as I'd have liked; I've read that the sequel allows you to use these abilities and guns at the same time, which would have been welcome here. At a certain point in the game, I hardly ever used guns anymore unless it was absolutely necessary. It could have used a better mix.

But these are just things that would have improved an already good game. Any issues I had never stopped me from having a good time playing the game, which is what's most important. I'll have to check out The Darkness II at some point, I really want to play more games like this one.

MZc4qfo.png

10:17h (Wait, what? Really?) "Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth. Make for yourself an arky arky of gopher wood; you shall make the ark with rooms, and shall cover it inside and out with pitch..."

Wait, that's not what this game is about? Then I got nothing

Updated OP

Original post

Zxm8aBFl.jpg

41. 100% Orange Juice (PC)
Completed Marc's Scenario on Normal.

It's a board game with too-cute chibi anime characters from a bunch of doujin games you've never heard of, all ruled by the mighty, unwavering fist of the Random Number Generator. The very things that make the game infuriating to play as a linear single-player campaign--extremely random outcomes that you have little apparent power to control--also make it hilarious to play with other people, as I learned when a bunch of GAF strangers mistakenly added me to a Steam chat one night and invited me for what turned out to be two or three hours of completely ridiculous board-game action.

If you're not interested in playing with other people--and you may very well not be able to, given the game's relatively niche appeal--100% Orange Juice suffers quite a bit from difficulty levels that increasingly load the dice against you. This is especially true in the latter half of each of the four scenarios the game gives you (plus a fifth extra scenario I haven't touched). Unfortunately, this is about the worst possible way to ramp up the difficulty, because there's no real way to combat it besides absolutely perfect play, from deck-building to the on-the-ground tactics. And even if you do play absolutely perfectly, you might still get beaten to the punch by a CPU opponent.

It's a problem when one of the big pieces of advice for finishing a scenario is to use every fast-forward option available to you and play as many games as possible until you eventually luck out and win. It makes the single-player a lot less compelling. But if you have a few like-minded friends or don't mind playing randoms, 100% Orange Juice is a great way to unwind and relax while your adorable anime avatars beat the crap out of each other.

Dryk

Well it's done! I finished the challenge again for the second time! And I'm pretty sure I made the top 10 list too! Last game was Majora's Mask and it's a masterpiece (better than Ocarina). =D
Judging from the OP you're #8 :)

I won't be hitting 52 anytime soon. Puzzle & Dragons Z is taking me forever to finish and I just started Shadow of Chernobyl on the PC side and gotten nowhere in 4 hours because I keep dying :p

Caramello

Game 18: Box Boy!

2nPUrmo.jpg

Duration - 5:25
Completed at 12:42am on Sunday 28/6/15 and reached the credits.

Game 19: Far Cry 4

jisBzBU.jpg

Duration - 21:30
Completed at 5:07pm on Sunday 12/7/15 and reached the credits.

Game 20: Entwined

eQm4tN1.jpg

Duration - 1:32
Completed at 12:55am on Thursday 16/7/15 and reached the credits.

Game 21: Race The Sun

MYl729d.jpg

Duration - 8+ hours
Completed at 2:10am on Friday 17/7/15. Reached the maximum level and played through all modes for fun.

Game 22: Fallout Shelter

pLTc26Z.jpg

Duration - Around 10 hours
Completed at 2:13pm on Monday 20/7/15. Reached just over 100 dwellers, game will no longer load my vault.

I got a bit behind on posting individual game updates so this post brings me up to date. My original post can be found here.

marcincz

Beaten next game or rather a tale.

Game #22 : Steins;Gate
c9fzz4sm.jpg

Rating: ★★★★★ | Platform: PSV | Beaten: 10/07/2015 | Time: 47:07 h

Finished Steins;Gate. Never played in any VN type of game before. I liked it very much and want more after that.
Plot, heroes and 6 different endings was brillant. Sometimes fun, sometimes depressed, sometimes moving story. Completed it in 100%, with 6 different endings and platinum trophy in 75h. I haven't played in Witcher 3 and Batman AK, but so far this is my GOTY 2015.

Original Post

LGom09

#27. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) -- July 20 -- 16:39:00 -- ★★★★☆
This might be my new favourite Castlevania game. It feels very much like a 2D Demon's Souls to me (a game it actually predates by a few months). You have a small hub world, connecting to levels in which you unlock shortcuts as you progress. You have an item that warps you back to the hub world, a stamina bar, a huge variety of offensive options, and difficult bosses that can take you out in a few hits. It has a better and more cohesive artstyle than the previous DS Castlevanias and an amazing soundtrack. It's pretty easy to breeze through the bite-sized areas in the first half of the game, but the final level offers a great sense of exploration. The gameplay couldn't be much tighter, and I think the excellent animations lend to that. The only real flaw I can think of is that the menus are a pain to navigate. You're forced to wade through massive, unsortable lists to switch weapons, use an item, etc. Many of the weapons become obsolete as you acquire more powerful versions of them, but the weaker ones remain, clogging your inventory. The side quests are mostly boring, too. These are minor complaints though, considering how much I enjoyed the game.

BNlsZag.png

12h-ish. Story Mode complete, 75% of the game seen. I purchased Batman Arkham Knight on a whim and I realized I had B:AA on PS+, so I thought "why not give it a go?". I'm not much for licensed games, but I heard this one was really good. And it is! The setting is superb, the production values are tremendous (dat VA) and it's great whether it wants to be a brawler, a stealth game or a detective adventure. Unlike most games that try to do so many things at once, B:AA succeeds at them all.

Only gripe I had is that it was way too easy ('cept for the stealth sections, those can be a bitch) but that might be Bloodborne talking.

Updated OP

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Game #24
Fire Emblem Awakening, 3DS
I really enjoyed the game and its story, but I regret playing on casual. Without permadeath I played very much balls to the wall and all my characters got really fucking OP really fast and I smashed the back half of the game with little problem. Will probably not play Fates on casual.

watdaeff4

Updated Original Post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=170721437#post170721437

30. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4): 7/3/14: Time 26 hours
Rating: 4.5/5
Completed Main game, All side missions except for Riddler trophies. Activated Knightfall. Completed Batgirl DLC and Harley Quinn DLC. During the game, I enjoyed it but wasn't sold on the Batmobiile originally and felt a bit of serious fatigue. I did really like it however, just didn't have the same "feeling" of enjoyment as I did the first 3 games of the series. WIll keep and play again. I am regretting dropping $40 on the Season Pass due to the length (or lack thereof) of the Batgirl Content.

31: Flower (PS4): 7/3/14: Time 2 hours
Rating: 3/5
Enjoyed this game, got it on a Flash sale for dirt cheap. Was simple and fun to play. I did take it off my Hard Drive though as I doubt I'll every play it again.

32. Metal Gear V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Completed Main Mission and all Side Ops Time: 5 hours
Rating: 3.5/5
As many have stated, it's a glorified demo. But it's fun. Also has replayability. Has me hyped for The Phantom Pain esp. since it's likely the swan song for the series (at least on consoles).

33. Splatoon (WiiU)
Completed Single Player game, have reached Level 14 in MP.
Total TIme Spent to date: 14 hours
Rating: 5/5
Great game, this, SM3DW, and MK8 are my favorite WiiU games by far. So glad Nintendo came out with this new IP and enjoyed their take on the genre. Taking a break from the game until the new content arrives in August, but will pick it back up then

34. Bayonetta 2 (WiiU)
Completed Main game 7/19/15: Time 14 hours
Rating 4/5
Enjoyed this game a lot, moreso than the first Bayonetta. This genre isn't my favorite but I do enjoy it when done right (like original DMC, NG and this). Also my enjoyment is probably tempered by the fact I kinda suck at this genre. This was a great deal though when packaged with the first game (and esp since I bought it in a BOGO sale)

35. Journey (PS4)
Completed Game 7/21/15: Time 2 hours
Rating 4/5
Very fun game. The art style, the concept, everything is fantastic. A good game to multiple playthroughs and I am very glad I bought into the hype on GAF and bought it.

Made better than expected progress this month, partly due to playing a couple of short games. Still don't know if I'll get 17 more in before the end of the year due to the games I am currently playing, will be playing and schedules/life/etc.

Currently playing:
ESO
Driveclub
MLB the Show
Rocket League
Halo MCC multiplayer

jiggles

Banned
Games 1 - 20
Games 21+

Game 35: Journey
journeyy2rn0.jpg

I'd played through this on PS3, but only once, so it was interesting to take the trip through it again on PS4. The funny thing is, there were main narrative beats I could remember from the first playthrough 3 years ago, and I assumed there were missing bits I couldn't recall. But it turns out I remembered pretty much the entire thing, so it was shorter than I was expecting. That being said, I found it massively more affecting this time around. Journey is a game about life, love and loss. It's about personal growth and friendship. It says so much without uttering a word, and it does so with such perfect weight that it doesn't even feel like it's doing anything. I'd played this before. Hell, I could even remember the entire thing. But since the credits rolled yesterday, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Flawless.
If you like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, you'll like this

Original Post

I've been really bad at keeping this updated, I haven't posted in the thread since February and will be updating once or twice a day with my list up to current day.

RHCpY47.jpg

18: The Order 1886 (PS4)
- 23/02/2015 (8:34) [8/10]

- I don't like that a linear story driven game is critically panned, this game was nowhere near perfect but the gunplay mechanics were good, characters were memorable and the game looks great. I had a friend say he wants the game to go open world in a sequel which just shows what the average consumer wants these days. Now for what I didn't like, stealth sections are average and if you get seen once it's all the way back to the start, the game also ended extremely abruptly. We have a main villain who is at large, a main character on the run going full vigilante and a very intriguing plot, but 0% chance of a sequel. I really hope we get "The Order: 1887" that improves upon what the order did wrong and focusing on the fun gunplay and interesting story.

zkmYJPO.jpg

19: Persona: Racing All Afternoon
- 02/03/2015 (1:24) [5/10]

- This was a fan made game that was brought to my attention when perusing my Twitter feed, I downloaded the game and jumped straight into story mode. Story mode consists of two parts; a silly Persona style, visual novel-esque story and then Mario Kart races inbetween, and it is an exact clone of the original Mario kart with Persona characters. The story is actually well written and kinda touching but the game gives no other incentive to play after finishing, you unlock the Persona 3 characters but there is nothing outside of free race to use them in. If this game had a tournament mode or championship mode it'd be fantastic. Overall quite fun for a fan made game.

tMrgnsm.jpg

20: Pokemon Shuffle (3DS)
- 03/03/2015 (8:30) [1/10]

- Fuck. Microtransactions. Fuck. artificial difficulty to push Microtransactions. Give me an option to buy a premium version next time Genius Sorority.

l2a2jRA.jpg

21: Valiant Hearts (PS4)
- 08/03/2015 (6:00) [7/10]

- This game is incredibly emotional, has some great scenes and also some good humour throughout. The game suffers from some mechanics that don’t quite work but I really love the Ubiart games and hope that they continue to make games like this. Also the ending made me cry, good job Ubisoft.

qxDPpwo.jpg

22: Pokemon Snap (N64) [R]
- 25/03/2015 (2:30) [8/10]

- Pokemon Snap is a game that I can breeze through in about 25-30 minutes, but I decided to play through leisurely and snap a picture of every pokemon with a score of 2500+ and also defeat the challenge scores. Had a lot of fun, this is one of my all time favourite video games despite not actually being that great. Sequel please Ninty/GameFreak/Genius and no Microtransactions!

1VbTduN.jpg

23: ZigZag (iOS)
- 25/03/2015 (3:30) [4/10]

- I’m not sure if this should count, but I unlocked all of the different skins and have a higher score than all of my facebook friends? Mobile gaming kinda sucks... This game is addictive though, I kept wanting to beat my own score. (Update: Have not played this game since, it offers nothing after unlocking everything)

NmIWDh4.jpg

24: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (PS4)
- 31/03/2015 (~15:00) [6/10]

- As a huge fan of the Dynasty Warriors Empire series I can't help but be disappointed by this title, 7 had so much variety and ways to play that I spent a lot of time with it. 8 Empires strips that to its core and gives us a basic version of the Empires formula giving us no variety of fun. At one point I spent six turns defending my kingdom from the same attacker, they need to let us counter-invade, otherwise it gets really annoying. Character Creation has only been slightly improved upon and the child system is just... Yikes. Two normal officers had a pink demon child with horns... Sure. I kind of hope they focus on the licensed musou games (One Piece/Hyrule Warriors/Dragon Quest) for a while.

ZwYWIs0.jpg

25: Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
- 02/04/2015 (~4:00) [4/10]

- I complained about Dynasty Warriors not doing anything fresh before but Mario Party is suffering from changing the formula. Bowser Party is bad, it's the only decent use of the Gamepad in a while but it's possibly to win the map without one mini-game. I know I did it. It also ends with a 1/3 chance of guessing who has the star... Ooh yay. Mario Party mode is better, if it had a guaranteed mini game every 4 rolls I'd like it a lot more, fun CAN be had here but again mini-games are sparse. Amiibo mode is genuinely fun, it's a stripped down version of Mario Party 1-2. I like the real board game aesthetic but it suffers from just being a square map. Mini-Games are what make Mario Party fun and Amiibo mode is full of them. So overall each mode has pros and cons but I'd much rather play Mario Party 1-5 and if I wanted to use Wii remotes I'd just play 8. It's really not worth purchasing.

6A7kFRl.jpg

26: Super Mario 64 (N64)
- 06/04/2015 (7:13) [8/10]

- Fantastic game, a real classic that I don't think I've completed before. On the Wii U the camera isn't as bad and I swear it was much easier than the N64 version. I'm going to keep playing and get 120 stars.

8g1kPAb.jpg

27: Boxboy! (3DS)
- 22/04/2015 (4:45) [7/10]

- Boxboy is awesome. Nice and simple but not without a challenge, the last story world had me fairly stumped and the extra worlds are really challenging. I like the way the worlds focused on a single skill and made you learn/master the skill before moving on, culminating in the final world. Hope HAL make another game soon.

Link to Update 5

Dr. Buni

Original post

#43 - BioShock Infinite

wBqjJdw.png

I have been to harsh to this game. It is not as bad as I thought it was (based on the ~40% I had played of it), but it is definitely not the masterpiece some claim it to be either.

Best thing about it was the Songbird btw

#27. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) -- July 20 -- 16:39:00 -- ★★★★☆
This might be my new favourite Castlevania game. It feels very much like a 2D Demon's Souls to me (a game it actually predates by a few months). You have a small hub world, connecting to levels in which you unlock shortcuts as you progress. You have an item that warps you back to the hub world, a stamina bar, a huge variety of offensive options, and difficult bosses that can take you out in a few hits. It has a better and more cohesive artstyle than the previous DS Castlevanias and an amazing soundtrack. It's pretty easy to breeze through the bite-sized areas in the first half of the game, but the final level offers a great sense of exploration. The gameplay couldn't be much tighter, and I think the excellent animations lend to that. The only real flaw I can think of is that the menus are a pain to navigate. You're forced to wade through massive, unsortable lists to switch weapons, use an item, etc. Many of the weapons become obsolete as you acquire more powerful versions of them, but the weaker ones remain, clogging your inventory. The side quests are mostly boring, too. These are minor complaints though, considering how much I enjoyed the game.
This makes me really want to get into Castlevania...which is funny for me to say since I backed Bloodstained for $60 :p

jnWake

Main Post

Game #22. Metroid Prime (Wii)
- Time played: 21:33 hours.
- Completion reached: 100% items, 99% scans (damn you Ice Screebat!).

Metroid Prime is a FPS set in the Metroid universe. Like Super Mario 64 or Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime is the first game in its franchise set in 3D, changing the sidescrolling view from its predecessors to a first person one. While this decision was criticized at the time, Prime was a succesful experiment and managed to transition the franchise to the 3D realm.

Like Super Metroid before it, Prime puts you, as bounty hunter Samus Aran, in a lonely and desolate planet and lets you explore it 'freely'. I say 'freely' since the amount of ground you'll be able to actually explore depends on the abilities you've collected. For example, certain doors require to be shot by certain beams so you won't be able to open them before acquiring the necessary upgrade. Also, since the game is a FPS, Samus isn't as agile as she was in Super Metroid and the pace is a bit slower. However, the shooting is now much more complex and battles are a lot more elaborate. The Morph Ball, a classic Samus' ability, is also present in Prime and is used in many interesting ways too.

One of the things I really liked about the game was how Retro Studios (game's developer) used the first person view to add new mechanics to the game. One of these is changing your visor to see different things. For example, you can scan the enemies and the environment to learn stuff. It works similarly to the 'helper' characters in Zelda games but it's a lot less intrusive. In particular, scanning the environment to learn about the Chozo and the Space Pirates is very very cool.
I love how the Space Pirates have many logs talking about Samus. Calling her 'The Hunter' makes you feel so badass haha.

Overall, I really liked the game. The FPS controls work pretty good 99% of the time (first person platforming can be a bit of a pain sometimes), the atmosphere is nice, music is good and the difficulty is actually challenging. Metroid Prime receives a lot of praise and it really deserves it. Completely recommended.

derExperte

Hey, first time in here. By my estimates I was well beyond 52 games before but started a little backlog killing spree last week and now my personal goal is at least 52 more games this year. Everything is PC unless noted otherwise.

Game 1: Ballpoint Universe - 6.2hrs
Game 2: rain (PS3) - ~3hrs
Game 3: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - 9.7hrs
Game 4: Rollers of the Realm - 7.6hrs
Game 5: Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris - 8.6hrs
Game 6: You Must Build A Boat - 12.5hrs
Game 7: Geometry Wars 3 - 13.1hrs
Game 8: Rogue Legacy - 17.9hrs
Game 9: Tales from the Borderlands e3 - 1.9hrs
Game 10: Hohokum (PS4) - ~4hrs
Game 11: Choice of Robots (Android) - ~1h
Game 12: Goat Sim: GoatZ (done most of the achievements and explored everything) - ~3hrs
Game 13: Oniken (gave up in fourth level, too hard for me ;( ) - 3.3hrs
Game 14: Among the Sleep - 2.4hrs
Game 15: The Silent Age - 3.8hrs
Game 16: Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX - 4.6hrs
Game 17: Metal Slug 3 - 4.1hrs
Game 18: PvZ Garden Warfare (MP but I think I'm done) - ~30hrs
Game 19: Battleblock Theater - 12.5hrs
Game 20: Knightmare Tower - 4.9hrs
Game 21: Anodyne - 7.9hrs
Game 22: Beatbuddy - 6.7hrs
Game 23: N2O - 4.3hrs
Game 24: Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - 3.1hrs
Game 25: NotGTAV - 3hrs
Game 26: Kairo - 2.8hrs
Game 27: Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - 7hrs (will play more but I reached the last level)
Game 28: Super House of Dead Ninjas - 6hrs
Game 29: Marvellous Miss Take - 5.8hrs
Game 30: TIMEframe - 1.5hrs
Game 31: Shipwreck - 3.5hrs
Game 32: 9 Clues 2: The Ward - 3.1hrs
Game 33: South Park: The Stick of Truth - 14.8hrs
Game 34: Absolute Drift - 5hrs (got all achievements but will keep playing)
Game 35: Batman: Origins - 28hrs
Game 36: Deadpool - 14.8hrs
Game 37: The Charnel House Trilogy - 2.4hrs
Game 38: D4 - 7.7hrs
Game 39: Fotonica - 6.1hrs
Game 40: Decay - The Mare - 3.4hrs
Game 41: Port of Call - 0.5hrs
Game 42: Hand of Fate - 8.5hrs
Game 43: Party Hard - 4.9hrs
Game 44: STASIS - 8hrs
Game 45: SOMA - 9.2hrs
Game 46: Assault Android Cactus - 9.3hrs
Game 47: Awe - 3.3hrs
Game 48: Tales from the Borderlands e4 - ~2hrs
Game 49: Toybox Turbos - 3.9hrs
Game 50: Iron Fisticle - 3.8hrs
Game 51: Tales from the Borderlands e5 - 2.5hrs
Game 52: Sneaky Sneaky - 3.9hrs
Game 53: The Park - 1.4hrs
Game 54: Paint it Back - 13.4hrs
Game 55: Until Dawn (PS4) - ~9hrs
Game 56: Pneuma - 4.3hrs
Game 57: Divide by Sheep - 4.5hrs
Game 58: Fuse (PS3) - ~10hrs
Game 59: Mushihimesama - 3.5hrs (will keep playing for score)
Game 60: BF Hardline (PS4) - ~20hrs

Arthea

My 52nd game was

not the best choice for the 52nd game, I admit. I still was able to finish it so it can't be as bad as it seems.

The best game from all I finished this year still remains Atelier Shallie, followed by Crystal Story II and Hatoful Boyfriend.

I will still update my main post with games I finish, but as I plan to tackle some 100-1000 hours games now, it won't be often.

Good luck to you all with your 52.

Labadal

Games #1-20
Games #21-

Game 30: Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries - 3 hours
PC

Side scrolling platformer with some basic combat. It seems this was only part one of I don't know how many parts. The game was Kickstarted and I guess it was a decent first effort, but it's not a masterpiece and I'd recommend a purchase at about $5.

BraXzy

Been super busy recently, not had much time to play anything. Sooooo many games I want to get through, like Bloodborne and TW3 that I'm part way through :(

Just been sneaking in multiplayer matches in these two games I picked up recently.

DpuBaf6.jpg

Game 16: Counter Strike: Global Offensive - 22+ hours - 05/07/2015 - PC

I grabbed this in a recent sale and decided to get into it, I've never played a CS game before and I always hear good things. I don't play shooters in general on PC so aiming with a mouse took a bit of getting used to as well as just getting to grips with the game but I feel like I'm at least a competent noob and have fun playing, even though I get wrecked. Recoil still throws me off a bit but I'm enjoying learning to get good. Skill based games ftw.

m1zbulv.jpg

Game 17: Rocket League - 20+ hours - 18/07/2015 - PS4

Not had a whole lot of spare time recently, so I've been mainly squeezing in short multiplayer matches in the time I do have. So when Rocket League came along as a free PS+ game I figured why not check it out. What a game! So so fun and so so simple but yet with a really high skill ceiling. And it's an absolute blast to play with friends. I'll be coming back to this game again and again.

Games 1 through 26 (updated)

25: Destiny (PS4) - 22nd July, approx. 20-25 hours
I've finished the main 'story' but I don't really see myself going back to it now. Not got much interest in loot and I rarely play multiplayer. I really enjoyed this overall; the structure of the game is utter piss, but the core gameplay is so good that it didn't really matter. I just enjoyed shooting stuff, even if it was the same stuff I'd shot hundreds of times before using the same tactics over and over. The guns are superb and all look great, the character feel and controls are perfect and I really liked the armour and weapon systems and the ability to customise/upgrade everything. If only there was a compelling plot, or properly-designed missions, or better characters and dialogue, or something besides this pretty bland world with new enemies spawned in every few minutes. I spent a lot of the time thinking how Bungie could have re-used the environments to make a really awesome campaign with a linear start and end point, scripted set-pieces and a sense of purpose and consequence if they'd just re-appropriated what was already there. Hopefully Destiny 2 will take all of the criticism about the game structure seriously and give us something more resembling a proper campaign, but regardless of its failings I think Destiny is a really excellent game in a number of ways. 8/10

26: Skiing Yeti Mountain (Android) - 22nd July, approx. 2 hours
This is a pretty fun smartphone skiing game. I haven't 'finished' per se, but I have completed over 150 levels and I have no idea how long it goes on for, so I think I'm calling it a day there. Not a great deal to say really; it's a nice game with lovely pixel art, good controls, a decent progression system and an excellent sense of humour. Feels a bit steep at £2.60 to buy, but my sense of value on mobile games is fucked so I don't know if that's typical. I haven't actually seen the Yeti yet and I don't know if it does show up, but I'm getting a bit tired of the game tickling my balls over it so I don't think I'll keep playing just for that. 7/10

Half way through, with just over 5 months to go. Probably won't do it, but I am enjoying logging and keeping track of what I've played.

Currently playing: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Grim Fandango, and I need a new mobile game to play.

CengizMan

46D2kCX.png

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Duration played: 21:04

A good sequel in every possible way. Super smart usage of the same engine and characters and once again a fun game. Even though I did not like the Psyche-Lock mechanic too much, I really enjoyed the game. It was more difficult than the first one, but unline the first one, it really builds up to a sequel towards the end. Can't wait to play the Trials and Tribulations.

Labadal

Games #1-20
Games #21-

Game 31: LYNE - 18,5 hours
PC

Connect dots with lines is the simplest description I can give this game. Some levels have three different colors and they need to overlap and stuff. A really solid game that I recommend if you want to play something relaxing.

Original post

HSZOaZ3l.png

42. 10,000,000 (PC)

Not exactly a rogue-like-like, not exactly a match-3 game, not exactly an endless runner: 10,000,000 is an addictive blend of all three. It's one of the more intense match-3 games I've played, thanks to the timed nature of the game--take too long to make your matches, and you're dead. But somehow, despite the constant pressure and the somewhat random nature of the game, 10,000,000 rarely frustrates.

Your goal is to get 10,000,000 points in a single run of the dungeon. At the beginning of the game, this is practically impossible. During the first part of the game, though, even bad runs are useful thanks to the persistent upgrades you can earn from resources collected in every run. But even once you've maxed all your upgrades, there's an innate pleasure you get when a run is going really well, a flow state where everything magically matches and clearing pieces you don't want is effortless. And though those runs don't happen very often, they always feel like they're just around the corner, or maybe just out of reach--if you can only spot the patterns faster, move the mouse more accurately, make the right moves. When you finally break free of your castle, it feels like an accomplishment, which is something I don't often get from match-3 gameplay.

Original Post

I'm Done! I've been terrible at keeping everything updated here but I've completed 52 games. Dumping the rest of my list here and I won't bother uploading pics as i don't want to crash peoples browsers lol

----------

28: Goof Troop (SNES) [R]
- 05/05/2015 (3:00+) [7/10]

- Goof Troop is a hard game, I really like this game, but fuck Keelhaul Pete in his stupid face. Played this co-op with my best friend for laughs and we ended up finishing it.

29: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- 05/05/2015 (70:00+) [10/10]

- Mario Kart 8 is an amazing game, possibly the best kart racer of all time. My only complaint is that Dry Bones, Birdo, Bowser Jr, and Diddy Kong aren't playable. Will keep playing this game for a long time to come, truly worthy of the 10/10 I have bestowed upon it.

30: The Unfinished Swan (PS4)
- 08/05/2015 (4:00) [8/10]

- The beginning of TUS is a perfect example of why I love this game, you are dropped in a completely white room with no idea what to do or any instructions, the whole game lets you explore and learn what to do without any hand holding what so ever. It’s a lovely game with a nice story that I will be recommending to everyone.

31: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
- 11/05/2015 (29:13) [7/10]

- OR/AS are disappointing. Gen 3 has always been one of my least favourites and these remakes add nothing that really makes them better. I really hope the next games have some good content post game and not just a fetch quest.

32: Pokemon Rumble World (3DS)
- 20/05/2015 (6:00) [5/10]

- Pokemon Rumble World is a time sink. I feel as if though this game is a lot better than Pokemon Shuffle but I'd be a lot happier to buy this game, get rid of the stamina and play it like a normal Pokemon Rumble game. The Microtransactions are better, but they still feel tacked on. The game can actually be fun to play in between other games or on breaks at work so I'll probably play every now and then but I am calling this one finished. Fuck FTP nonsense.

33: Puzzles & Dragons SMB Edition (3DS)
- 23/05/2015 (22:22) [9/10]

- I have never liked match 3 games much despite loving puzzles, PAD mixes this up with an RPG like battle system that makes this game very enjoyable. Whilst this game was a grind and difficulty spikes were common I thoroughly enjoyed it, I found tactics that worked for me and would still occasionally feel as if i needed to improve or get better. This game is also addictive as crack, I played for just over 20 hours but I didn't want to put it down and I swear I could see the orbs in my sleep.

34: Broken Age (PS4)
- 25/05/2015 (8:15) [9/10]

- Broken Age has a great story, with well written characters, awesome voice acting and some generally fun puzzles. I played both parts at once so I didn't have to wait between episodes, my only issue was the lack of conclusion (it sort of played out during the credits) and the knot puzzle. Every Double Fine adventure has one or two puzzles I just cannot do, in Grim Fandango it was unlocking the safe and here it was the Knot puzzle.

35: Race The Sun (PS4)
- 26/05/2015 (6:00) [7/10]

- Race The Sun is an awesome arcade-esque endless runner kind of game. I reached the maximum level and played for some extra time. I really enjoy the drip feed of power ups, equipment and modes it kept me wanting to unlock more. The music is fucking cool too.

36: Beetle Adventure Racing (N64)
- 29/05/2015 (2:30) [5/10]

- Beetle Adventure Racing is a game I loved as a kid, it really doesn't hold up today but can be fun. It was quite challenging to beat the Pro mode and the game is much better with friends. I still love the Beetle Battle mode.

37: Splatoon (Wii U)
- 03/06/2015 (3:31) [10/10]

- Splatoon is, to sum it up in one word, fun. I have never had this much fun in a multiplayer "shooter", and whilst many people are trying to deflect claims of Splatoon being a shooter that's exactly what it is. There is nothing more satisfying then trekking into enemy territory and taking them out one by one as you hide in ink or hop about from one patch to the next. Single Player content is sparse but basically helps you to deal with facing each type of weapon, this culminates in the best boss fight I have played in years. Splatoon nails everything from presentation, to sound, to gameplay and even its online.

38: Mario Party 2 (N64) [R]
- 04/06/2015 (8:00) [7/10]
- Me and my sister have been playing MP2 a lot since finding out MP10 was kinda average and we had a lot of fun, we ended up unlocking the last stage and winning against hard CPU's. Mario Party needs to go back to this.

39: Windosill (PC) [6/10]
- 17/06/2015 (0:29)

- Windosill is an interesting little game I bought for $2, it has some interesting and some not so interesting puzzles. I loved the ending with the /s stars /s and enjoyed my time with this.

40: Tokyo School Life (PC) [6/10]
- 22/06/2015 (1:39)

- Aoi best girl. A silly little VN about an exchange student who is in a dorm with 3 schoolgirls. Nothing lewd in this one, just an average and predictable story about teenage romance. Aoi is the best though, Karin can get lost.

41: Kingdom Hearts (PS3) [8/10] [R]
- 22/06/2015 (6:07)

- 2 of my closest friends and I set up 3 tv's and speed raced Kingdom Hearts. I managed to win by about 10 minutes or so, it was actually a lot of fun, we are about 2 hours of the world record holder and tbh I'm still pretty happy with our times. The Kingdom Hearts HD remixes actually look pretty good too, and the altered controls really help put some shine on the game.

42: Super Smash Bros (Wii U) [10/10]
- 05/07/2015 (49:32)

- Whilst there are still about 100 or so trophies for me to collect I am calling this one finished. With all the characters and stages unlocked, classic, all star and event modes all cleared I think I've gotten enough out of this one. I will continue to play this one though. Between Smash, MK8 and Splatoon my Wii U is getting way more use than any other console. Smash Wii U is the ultimate for Nintendo Fans.

43: Puzzles & Dragons Z (3DS) [7/10]
- 06/07/2015 (22:50)

- Puzzles & Dragons Z is a lot easier than the SMB Edition, it has a cliche story that babies you along until the 4th or 5th world (out of 6) and doesn't offer any sort of challenge outside of 1-2 bosses. Whilst the SMB Edition has no story it's gets around this with continuous gameplay and a lot more fun options. In this after beating a dungeon you get whisked away to HQ to hear about 4 lines of dialogue before having to trek/teleport back to the same place. You also get stopped mid dungeon for Nick to tell you about BBQ's yay! If you buy P&D, choose the Mario edition.

44: Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) [9/10]
- 06/07/2015 (13:41)

- Yoshi's Woolly World is a an almost perfect game. It's adorable, fun, challenging and it has great music. Some repetitive boss fights and frame rate issues stop it from being perfect. The transformations are fun and the aesthetics in individual levels are great, from Velcro Conveyer Belts, to Climbable Curtains, String Rope and even enemies like Framewire Boos are just charming as fuck! I love this as a follow up to Yoshi's Story and as a game in general, good job Good Feel.

45: Final Fantasy: TCC (3DS) [7/10]
- 07/07/2015 (7:31)

- I don't think this game has a defined end point, I pick it up occasionally and play a song/mission then turn it off. The extra stuff is cool but I'm really only here to two buttons and listen to sweet music. I finish this game as of having 10000rm and having beaten to Montage Video. Good enough for me.

46: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS) [7/10]
- 14/07/2015 (17:19)

- I enjoyed this game, it was fun and whilst I understand it deficiencies I think it's a really good game. It was just fun all the way through (except maybe the poison levels...) and whilst I'd prefer them to go back to TTYD style, I'd like to see where they can take this version in the future. Completed the game.

47: AFL Live 2 (PS3) [3/10]
- 15/07/2015 (8:00)

- I was having a games night with my two best friends and it devolved into two of us playing the AFL game all night, we played on a hard difficulty and ended up winning the premiership, it was a lot of fun. I will say that the AI needs some serious fixing in this game, no matter what structure you set up your opponent will always have someone free and they cannot miss a set shot at goal. Oh my god! If they ever make another one, please sort this out

48: Mighty Switch Force (Wii U) [6/10]
- 19/07/2015 (5:00)

- Enjoyable game with some fun physics, really did not enjoy the last level. Completed the game and attempted some bonus levels.

49: Rocket League (PS4) [8/10]
- 20/07/2015 (25:00)

- One of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, love everything about this game. When I lose it's fun, when I win it's awesome! Obtained the Platinum Trophy after countless hours of playing

50: Never Alone (PS4) [7/10]
- 20/07/2015 (4:30)

- I like this games story and style but the platforming and general gameplay was pretty standard, I experienced a lot of glitching at the end of the game but I still liked it overall. Completed the story with all cultural insights

51: Final Fantasy XV: ED [9/10]
- 20/07/2015 (10:00)

- Lots I can say about this one, but overall it makes me really excited for the full game. Unlike Type-0 I think this will be worth the wait. Completed the demo and messed around for fun (that summon is awesome okay!)

52: Mighty Switch Force 2 [7/10]
- 23/07/2015 (4:32)

- Better than the first game but the last level was still ridiculously hard, WayForward love making that difficulty spike right near the end *cough*Shantae*cough*, I hope they make a few more of these games as they are pretty enjoyable.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Second post since I'm on the second half of the challenge an the second half of the year!

Games 01 - 26!

Game 27 | Streets of Rage
• 06/30/15 to 06/30/15
• 56 minutes
Oh ya know I used extra lives/continues cheats! This game kinda deserves it being the most "vanilla" SoR game in terms of moves an options an stuff. Not that I wouldn't cheat on the others >.> Jugglers are jerks, bosses that can run yet you can't are jerks, an the two Blaze clones are the biggest jerks of them all! Still a pretty fun game at times however!

Game 28 | Balloon Fight
• 06/27/15 to 06/27/15
• 20 minutes
Took me 10 minutes ta get the Orange Balloons, then 10 more of retrying ta survive long enough to beat the built-in top score! Which I then beat by over 11,000 points! Balloon Trip is pretty darn random an unfair at times. Only the opening is static an after that ya may get a ton of balloons to appear or very little -.-! Someday I oughta strive to get the Purple Balloons...

Game 29 | Streets of Rage II
• 07/30/15 to 07/30/15
• 38 minutes
So much better then the first one! Faster, more moves, more fun! Less annoying baddies types to which is always good. Obviously I gave myself lotsa extra lives but w/e, alil cheating never hurt when replaying a game ya already beat a ton of times before!

Game 30 | .hack//Link
• 04/19/15 to 08/05/15
• 69 hours, 5 minutes
Started on fanslation patch v0.2.2 but ended on v0.2.3! Found a fresh new 110 more "iffy" translated dialogues and 2 more glitches! The games falling apart more an more the further it gets translated but all will be fixed in the end! Last years playthrough took me about 18 hours less but the time through I had a plan an stuck to it! There are 11 extra chapters which open up in the post-game provided ya got the character associated with them to max affection so the extra time I took was to make sure those all popped right away!

Game 31 | Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
• 08/05/15 to 08/07/15
• 8 hours, 6 minutes
Before playing this I didn't even know ya could run & fire with the Famas! Got this game quite a few years ago but never finished cause it was to hard or something. This time around I gave it my all an got to 95.0% complete! I feels thats more then got enough to say I beat it since I cleared several modes! A bunch of missions are pretty iffy but overall I had a fun time playing! This games full of fun and sillyness just like most other MGS games after all!

Game 32 | Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus: Episode 1
• 08/08/15 to 08/08/15
• 1 hour, 17 minutes
Played on Normal difficulty with my L200 character! That's cheap? I earned it! Ep.1 PSO is just beyond dead to me at this point. The stages are pretty poor, the music not so great, an the gameplay... yikes! Been quite a while since I last played an the break did nothing to help make it any more interesting. That said there are a buncha baddies I'd totally forgotten about an somehow I'd remembered the quickest way through each stage so at least it was painless and without backtracking! My weapon of choice throughout this run was the Frozen Shooter! It froze me 4 times!

Game 33 | Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus: Episode 2
• 08/08/15 to 08/08/15
• 1 hour, 34 minutes
Played on Normal difficulty with my L200 character! That's cheap? I earned it! I also earned the right to repeat myself! This is the good stuff! Sure the gameplay is the same but the levels/monsters/art/obstacles/secrets/music and just everything are waaaay above Ep.1! Had a very good time with it! The Frozen Shooter froze me 14 times... the last time being when I entered the teleporter to the credits lol.

Game 34 | .hack//G.U. Vol.2: Reminisce
• 08/16/15 to 08/20/15
• 17 hours, 19 minutes
NG+ power strikes again! Starting at L70 made a big chunk of the game fly by, skipping optional stuff helped to! Alil grinding towards the end made things go pretty smoothly to. This is the longest main story of the G.U. bunch an its got alot of great moments and much funner battling. Plus not having ta grind up the ranks at the arena to enter the tournament, you're just given a free pass into it! Way better game than Rebirth in every way!

Game 35 | Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
• 08/09/15 to 08/25/15
• 21 hours, 29 minutes
Story >> Joker 2. Everything else << Joker 2. That aside this was still basically DQ and still basically really fun! Some very clunky menus an lack of quick travelling doesn't make it bad or unfun! Each of the islands were pretty nice an different from one another and the main overworld theme is super catchy! Pretty easy-going game to... not much challenge save for the final boss who did a number on me my first try. Glad I finally got the opportunity ta play this!

Game 36 | .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption
&#8226; 08/25/15 to 08/29/15
&#8226; 20 hours, 56 minutes
The framerate in battles gets soooo bad I wonder how I ever put up with it?! Guess cause in the end its still a cool game all around. The obligatory tournament gets kicked off much earlier than in the previous games an the story proceeds along at a great pace. No farming for vir--- data seeds here! Despite there being no new game+ for this volume I still got through it quicker then ever before by avoiding side-stuff, doing abit of grinding, and speed charming + smoke screening through story areas lol.

Game 37 | Streets of Rage 3
&#8226; 08/30/15 to 08/30/15
&#8226; 57 minutes
Played on easy mode with 9 lives cheat! An I still managed ta nearly game over twice! Plus for playing on easy I got the bad ending nooo! I still say this ones the most fun in the series cause now everyone can run, and roll, and Roo!!

Game 38 | Mega Man X
&#8226; 10/07/15 to 10/07/15
&#8226; 1 hour, 35 minutes
I started with a password that netted me all upgrades with no bosses killed which in theory shoulda led to a super fun playthrough! An it did for the most part! But when it came to the Sigma stages the Gamecube controller proved it is complete junk for these games -_-; By the end my fingers were so beaten down that I couldn't dash wall jump anymore which made Sigma hellish ta fight. Sooo many deaths. Soooo much time spent refilling on stuff.

Game 39 | Super Smash Bros. Melee
&#8226; 10/12/15 to 10/12/15
&#8226; 8 minutes
Thats a pretty good time for having not played the game in like a decade! Its not just cause I had it set to very easy, only did classic mode, an purposely failed the mini-events >_> Anyways Ness is still the best!

Game 40 | Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
&#8226; 10/14/15 to 10/14/15
&#8226; 8 minutes
Very Easy? 1 Round? 30 seconds? Can't really lose with settings like those even with it being since forever when I last played it! I remember back to the first time I got this game, being impressed ya could crack the tiles on the ground in Lei-Fei's stage. Its still satisfying to do/see! As are most of the stage intros. But speaking of intros one falls super flat. Wolf's "So......... wat." lol. btw I really like the coloring on the disc art!

Game 41 | Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary
&#8226; 10/14/15 to 10/14/15
&#8226; 5 minutes
How does this game even exist?! They coulda did a quick & simple port job of the original VF an left it at that. Instead they added like all the new characters to the series since then! New & Old alike those ultra blocky graphics are weird! Such a very cool bonus mode!

Game 42 | Virtua Fighter 5
&#8226; 10/16/15 to 10/16/15
&#8226; 10 minutes
This games Very Easy is harder than its predecessors! Actually lost some matches an had to take care an guard! Still blew through Arcade mode with relative ease anyhow. Game still looks very nice to me! Love its main menu to!

Game 43 | Drill Dozer
&#8226; 10/22/15 to 10/25/15
&#8226; 3 hours, 44 minutes
This games just so fun! And it has really great bosses! And music! And levels! This year I didn't use any cheats an didn't skip the story, but still had most (but not all) powerups from a previous game save so it wasn't a from scratch playthrough. Maybe next year! Can I pleeeaaassee get a sequel to this already?!

Game 44 | Super Mario 3D Land
&#8226; 10/23/15 to 10/26/15
&#8226; 2 hours, 25 minutes
This is a really fun game ya know! Lotsa pretty carefree running & jumping around! It mighta been even more carefree then my first time playing since I started with 150 lives and didn't have ta do any star coin hunting! Just making beelines to the end of each level was pretty much a breeze even with no powerups! btw The final battle is pretty darn great I gotta say!

Game 45 | Sweet Fuse: At Your Side
&#8226; 09/14/15 to 11/02/15
&#8226; 7 hours, 33 minutes
Played 1 stage per week all episodic like cause why not? This time through I somehow picked enough of the right choices to get love... with Ryusei?! He wasn't my target at first but bagging a big burly escort seems like a hard earned win!

Game 46 | Wario Ware: Twisted!
&#8226; 11/03/15 to 11/03/15
&#8226; 1 hour, 18 minutes
This games forever awesome an no one can say otherwise! The goofy art, characters, good music, an simple short fun games are all just great! Motion control done right an then apparently forgotten about since there's still no true sequel -.-

Game 47 | Fire Emblem: Awakening
&#8226; 11/08/15 to 11/12/15
&#8226; 16 hours, 6 minutes
Lotsa deaths at the start an end but the middle was all nice an good because I grinded this time around! Reinforcements an the second arc of the story not really going anywhere aside, still a fun game. Just wish level up stats weren't so cruddy. +1's are sooo boring.

Game 48 | Super Mario Sunshine
&#8226; 11/14/15 to 11/18/15
&#8226; 6 hours, 29 minutes
The Shell's Secret is the worst level in the game just ta get that outta the way. I've never liked it an never will! Chucksters? That's a cinch by comparison! I still like an mostly have fun with Sunshine despite its rough spots and difficulty spikes cause its mostly a pretty chill game with a nice atmosphere an lovely water!

Game 49 | Mega Man Powered Up
&#8226; 11/19/15 to 11/19/15
&#8226; 1 hour, 10 minutes
Played on easy mode as one might expect! Cute game, looks an sounds nice, an plays pretty well! New Style stages are alot longer then classic MM's were but the differences are usually for the better imo. One bad thing is that they kept the point capsules for whatever reason so health drops feel super rare which is never good in pinch situations -.-

Game 50 | Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
&#8226; 12/10/12 to 11/24/15
&#8226; 5 hours, 11 minutes
Thats quite a long gap between starting & beating! Forget why I stopped, but I started replaying this way back cause I was bummed about its sequels mission mode! So I went through all 64 missions on here an instead of getting the bare minimum rank I shot for all AAA's! Still didn't take very long, still one of my fave last gen games!

Game 51 | Guilty Gear X2
&#8226; 12/17/15 to 12/17/15
&#8226; 13 minutes
Quick cheap romp through arcade mode. Even on the easiest settings I still lost a bunch! Great soundtrack an visuals but with controls/moves I still can never get a grip on!

Game 52 | Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
&#8226; 12/27/15 to 12/27/15
&#8226; 17 minutes
Same experience as above since they're both kinda the same-ish game duh!

Games Beaten: 52 / 52
Total Playtime: 360 hours, 12 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom