• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

SomTervo

My GF and i just got back into PS4 Minecraft after a looong hiatus. Is there a GAF server we can join on?

My PSN is kenshi_ryden and hers is Griffalo91

She's a good player and has never seen a community Minecraft world before. Ready to blow her mind :)

N° 2048

My GF and i just got back into PS4 Minecraft after a looong hiatus. Is there a GAF server we can join on?

My PSN is kenshi_ryden and hers is Griffalo91

She's a good player and has never seen a community Minecraft world before. Ready to blow her mind :)

Sadly the multiplayer on consoles for Minecraft is VERY limited. You can only join your friends from your PSN friends list if they are playing online. No dedicated severs, no Realms. (yet?)

You'd be using the save game of the Host.

GulAtiCa

All these posts makes me want to start playing again. I still need to finish my castle. That LOZ temple someone made in here looks awesome.

GulAtiCa

I started playing this again over last few days. Mainly working on my giant castle again. The inner castle part is now getting done and starting to look nice. Still got a while to go. I'll prob need 10k stone bricks at the very least. Maybe 100k. Huge castle. I'll have to upload a few new pics.

GulAtiCa

The 1st floor and all it's wall of the inner Castle is now complete! A lot left to do with the 1st floor of course and the rest of the castle, but coming along nicely.

I'll take some newer pics later on. But below is where I'm building the castle (taken back in Oct)
B0m7eQSIcAA-Zpt.jpg:large

N° 2048

Nice update.

V 1.16
Added the Alex skin and some variations of it to the default skins.
Changed music tracks played in Creative mode and on front-end menus to match Java version.
Added The Simpsons Skin Pack trial content.
Brought forward change so that shrubs can placed in flower pots.
Fixed an issue stopping the Steampunk Texture Pack working. (PS3 only)

GulAtiCa

Here are some progress on my Castle.

This is a project that is taking me many many months to complete. Granted, haven't played since Jan and before that in Oct when this started. As you can see I've made a lot of progress! Even got the Nether Quartz Stairs & Pillars a good bit done. That is the toughest part to get currently.

Last night went into the Nether & a Diamond Pickax w/ enchant that gives me extra loot for more Nether Quartz. I came with 3 Fire Resistance potions to last me 24 minutes. But I over stayed my welcome and didn't head back in time, so got stuck on an island near my portal bases. I just looked around and continued to mine those materials & glowstones and explore. I dumbly fell into lava! and fell down a hole afterwards... Luckily I quit the game right after that and it didn't save. Reloaded and was loaded to where I was right before the laval! I then finally turned off auto-save. Keeping that off now when I go on digging missions. Luckily my island is huge and eventually able to find a bridge I made to a side of this island (to get somewhere else). Came back with lots of goodies!

Really liking how the castle is turning out.

Incompatibility with my laptop's graphics card means I'm playing the game for the first time. But after just beginning to delve deep into the cave system, I seem to repeatedly get the error:

CE-34878-0 (I understand this is a code that comes up a lot for the PS4).

Anyone else have this problem? : ( I checked and made sure both Minecraft and my system software are running the latest ver.

Its nothing compare to some of the amazing stuff I've seen, but I've spent a lot of time on this place (PS4)
Cleared all the land where my house is, and some more.
Though I've been feeling alone lately, everyone I use to play minecraft with doesn't want to play with me, I don't know, I guess I'm complaining a bit.

20415_906151996093234_3776418205681487360_n.jpg

Hate how tiny the image is.

Adzin

Neo Member
Any other Xbox One players here that have a constant stutter in the framerate?

I've searched the minecraft forums and it seems others are having this problem too, but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I've tried setting the console to 720p, even tried the lowest DVI resolution, enabled 50hz, fiddled with in-game graphics options...nothing, the stutter is always there. Doesn't matter what kind of area I'm standing in - open fields, amongst trees, in a cave, underwater - the framerate stutters every second, constantly. I've tried playing offline, disabling auto-save, playing in creative mode, same problem.

I'm usually easy-going with framerates but for me this makes it completely unplayable.

Any clues?

N° 2048

1.17 update up :) and it's a big one!
Changes and Additions

Added Oak Wood Fence, Spruce Wood Fence, Birch Wood Fence, Jungle Wood Fence.
Added Oak Wood Fence Gate, Spruce Wood Fence Gate, Birch Wood Fence Gate, Jungle Wood Fence Gate.
Added Oak Wood Door, Spruce Wood Door, Birch Wood Door, Jungle Wood Door.
Added Iron Trapdoor, Inverted Daylight Sensor, Book and Quill, Stained Glass and Stained Glass Panes.
Added Custom Superflat User Interface, allowing players to customize superflat world generation.
Added new in-game options to allow changing game mode, difficulty setting, time of day, and spawn position per player, and disable or enable ambient cave sounds, and weather settings.
Split Load/Join interface into Create/Load/Join.
Changed Game Mode selection to a slider.
Added Classic Crafting option, so you can now craft the same way as on the Java version if you really want to! This option is available in the UI settings menu.
Added LittleBigPlanet Mash-up Pack trial content.
Enabled USB keyboard use for Book and Quill. (PS4 and PS3 only)

Fixes

Fixed a crash when a lot of Redstone Dust was used.
Fixed various incorrect tooltip issues.
Fix for mined item entities sometimes appearing at the top of the world, rather than spawning where the block is destroyed
Fix for an issue with corrupt capes on characters.
Fix for an issue where players could open Trapped Chests, Droppers, Hoppers and Beacons even though “Can Open Containers” was off.
Fixed a crash when a flaming arrow shot from a Dispenser hits TNT.
Fixed a memory leak causing crashes after prolonged play sessions.
Fixed a problem with dropped items sinking below the ground.
Fixed an issue with TNT explosions.
Fixed a problem with baby villagers’ collision height.
Fixed an issue with the Steampunk Texture Pack. (PS3 only)

GulAtiCa

Always nice to see new patches.

I've been working on my giant Castle again lately. Got a LOT of it done now. I'll upload some pics soon. I stopped mining for cobblestone and instead use a automatic cobblestone miner with hoppers, chest, lava, water and redstone to both create new stone while mined and catch it. I tape my R shoulder trigger down and leave it for like half hour and come back with like a LOT of cobblestones.

Funny enough.. I started on this project like back in Oct of 2014 I believe.

GulAtiCa

Hello Castle!

CI9QyGwVEAEaCvf.jpg:large

With this photo, you can see a lot of what I've been doing.

The rail track (sky rail) goes all over the place. I want to start expanding it again.
Right below you see my giant Gold Garm! Gotten a good bit from it.
In distance you can see my Iron Golem Farm. Need to send more villagers up to the top one, as they aren't making more villagers.. But the bottom one is, so I've gotten a lot of Iron from this one. Even got one at my zero cord area, which is always active, so that always giving Iron!
Bottom right you will see a small food farm.
Left you will see my 1st drop-off station. Got a small base under this.

Finally, across the way you see my Castle! I've been working on this since like Oct of last year, prob much sooner too. What you see if 3 stories, it's now up to 4. Need to take a new pic. Even got a new tower in the middle. Still got some work left, but really coming together!

GulAtiCa

New update to me Castle!
CJR1DPgUcAEqUvG.jpg:large

I clearly have too much free time. lol

I now started adding in a lava moat all around the castle. So there is a floating castle guarded by a floating lava moat. lol. I actually have the base of that moat in Glass, so it can be seen below. I plan to build a little rail track that goes around it. Kinda like a roller coaster. Should look awesome when zooming past.

I'm also tempted to actually bring the ground, up to the castle, so it's no longer hanging over like that. Though, that might be WAY too much work, even if it was just a single layer wall.

For the Lava, I went to the nether and just jumped into the ocean and got many lava buckets. About 75ish perhaps in 1 go. Will need to do this several times to go all around.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
New update to me Castle!
CJR1DPgUcAEqUvG.jpg:large

I clearly have too much free time. lol

I now started adding in a lava moat all around the castle. So there is a floating castle guarded by a floating lava moat. lol. I actually have the base of that moat in Glass, so it can be seen below. I plan to build a little rail track that goes around it. Kinda like a roller coaster. Should look awesome when zooming past.

I'm also tempted to actually bring the ground, up to the castle, so it's no longer hanging over like that. Though, that might be WAY too much work, even if it was just a single layer wall.

For the Lava, I went to the nether and just jumped into the ocean and got many lava buckets. About 75ish perhaps in 1 go. Will need to do this several times to go all around.

That is a fantastic looking castle! More impressive since you have done it all on Survival!

N° 2048

Hope you're all well!

Another patch, more patch notes:

Additions

Added Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack trial content.
Added Acacia Wood, Acacia Planks, Acacia Fence, Acacia Fence Gate, Acacia Door, Acacia Slab and Acacia Stairs to the Creative menu.
Added Dark Oak Wood, Dark Oak Planks, Dark Oak Fence, Dark Oak Fence Gate, Dark Oak Door, Dark Oak Slab and Dark Oak Stairs to the Creative menu.

Fixes

Fixed a crash when approaching Villages, Desert Temples and Jungle Temples if the save that was loaded had a partially discovered Village/Temple in it.
Fixed an issue with stacking doors.
Fixed the Oak Door recipe not giving 3 doors.
Fixed an issue with the Set Day button in the Host Options menu.
Fixed an issue stopping players removing Leads from Fences.
Fixed Minecart with TNT having no igniting animation.
Fixed an issue with Mobs being unable to pass through an open Iron Door.
Fixed an issue where reaching the maximum spawn limit of villagers prevents spawning baby villagers after some of the villagers die.
Fixed doors being destroyed when placing them on an upper Slab.
Fixed an issue where players with no privileges could make tamed Wolves stand up.
Fixed an issue where players with no privileges could kill Snow Golems.
Stopped players being able to destroy Minecarts when ‘Can Build and Mine’ privilege is disabled.
Stopped players being able to open Minecart with Chest, Minecart with Hopper, and Saddlebags when ‘Can Open Containers’ privilege is disabled.
Fixed an issue with disabling weather cycle and saving causing other host options to be wrongly set.
Fixed an issue with Wolves not taking damage properly.

GulAtiCa

Thanks guys! Yeah, a LOT of work has gone into this. The Iron Gollem farm and Gold farm has helped a good bit. Even stopped mining for cobblestone and just using my lava farm thing for that (still somewhat manual, just leave controller taped down and leave for half-hour)

Here is an update to my endless progress:

CKx5yICUkAAd5Kk.jpg:large

CKx5xnlUAAIMXGV.jpg:large

I added a Lava Moat to the already floating Castle! It lights up the castle nicely. Even got the draw bridge to go down into the moat while it's dark out. It's all redstoned up. Got 2 buttons and on both sides too that controls it. One for when it's day out to manually close it and for the night version to turn off the night sensor. Uses a Flip-Flop gate to store the value.

For the fun of it, The lava is resting on glass that has a nice Rail track that goes all the way around for a nice ride.

On the other side, you can see I replaced my small farm with a HUGE version. Produces a lot of produce. It's divided in half with both side having 8 columns and 7 rows per level. With 3 levels. That's 336 farm blocks.

And to help make the place not look empty, I started adding a small village.

I am finding myself getting slightly warn out on the game again. But history shows that even if I stop playing for a while, I'll be back. lol

Moreche

Any other Xbox One players here that have a constant stutter in the framerate?

I've searched the minecraft forums and it seems others are having this problem too, but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I've tried setting the console to 720p, even tried the lowest DVI resolution, enabled 50hz, fiddled with in-game graphics options...nothing, the stutter is always there. Doesn't matter what kind of area I'm standing in - open fields, amongst trees, in a cave, underwater - the framerate stutters every second, constantly. I've tried playing offline, disabling auto-save, playing in creative mode, same problem.

I'm usually easy-going with framerates but for me this makes it completely unplayable.

Any clues?
I have this issue also on my 1TB Xbox one.
I play on my PS4 version which doesn't have the stutter.
It's strange that everyone doesn't have it though.

N° 2048

Another patch for y'all. Enjoy!

Minecraft Update 1.23 – Bug Fixes

Fix for MCCE #48 – Water Spreading Creates New Source Blocks.
Fix for MCCE #772 – Animals get stuck in corners of fence-type blocks.
Fix for MCCE #826 – Beacon height limit.
Fix for MCCE #829 – The end build limit is smaller.
Fix for MCCE #831 – Player skin is the default skin when holding a map.
Fix for MCCE #856 – Red sandstone stairs texture incorrect.
Fix for MCCE #863 – The map does not work as it should (unless “View Hand” is turned on).
Fix for MCCE #865 – Rabbits only appear to spawn naturally in snow biomes.
Fix for MCCE #878 – Book and Quill saving issue. Opening and closing an edited (not signed) writeable book deletes the saved pages.
Fix for MCCE #833 – When Interface opacity is down, hotbar faded tools won’t show their durability.
Fix for MCCE #885 & #886 – Feather Falling enchantment does not reduce falling damage & Ender pearl Damage.
Fix for MCCE #962 – Slime Spawning (Increase to Slime Spawning).
Fix for MCCE #1009 – Skulls in the inventory and held in first person are oversized.
Fix for MCCE #1024 – Raw fish and raw salmon have the same texture in the Natural Texture Pack.
Fix for MCCE #1072 – In the City Texture Pack it shows smooth red sandstone as a rough block but when you place it, it is smooth.
Fix for MCCE #1091 – Some fire caused by Ghast’s Fireball explosion is not displayed.
Fix for MCCE #1127 – Wolfs default collar colour had changed (Orange -> Red).
Fix for MCCE #1142 – Minecraft Capes using incorrect texture.
Fix for MCCE #1192 Texture under the bed is the texture of the top of the bed.
Fix for MCCE #1202 – Map dark when facing north or south.
Fix for MCCE #1214 – Texture of any potion turns black while holding it in the End or Nether.
Fix for MCCE #1349 – Penned animals de-spawn when leaving the chunk.
Fix for MCCE #1366 – When placing a torch under water to reset / refill your air meter will often (about 50% of the time) cause a crash.
Fix for MCCE #1367 – Melon farm with piston causes crash.
Fix for MCCE #1415 & #1403 – Hunger meter always regenerates when switching from peaceful to any other difficulty.
Fix for MCCE #1434 – Fishing Rod Bobber Sticks to Walls!
Fix for MCCE #1455 – Piston/slime block duplication.
Fix for MCCE #1457 – TNT can destroy blocks placed well beyond the world border.
Fix for MCCE #1488 – ‘Getting an Upgrade’ trophy/achievement fails to unlock while crafting a stone pickaxe using classic crafting.
Fix for crash when Ender Chest is mined for a few seconds.
Fix for an intermittent crash when placing beds on snow.
Fix for a crash when a Superflat World session with a combination of multiple Planks or Wood, Lava and Air Layers is saved.
Fix for a crash after destroying blocks and exploring a Superflat World with multiple Sand, Air and TNT Layers.
Improved random seed generator to select worlds with a better spread of biomes.
Fix for Villagers not harvesting crops from Farmlands created by the player.
Fix for glass not being able to be broken by hand in Adventure Mode.
Fix for an issue where the user renames a ‘Spawn Egg’ and places it in water, causing debug text to be displayed.
Fix for an issue when the “Body Guard” trophy/achievement does not unlock as expected when the Iron Golem is built in a certain way.
Fix for an issue where a player cannot see other players after dying and respawning.
Fix for an issue where baby horses appear to be adults after feeding with one golden carrot.
Fix for issue where two Primary Powers can be applied to the Player’s character through the Beacon UI.
Fix for an issue where a Torch and a Redstone Torch have two hitboxes.
Fix for de-spawn protections not being applied to baby animals created with Spawn Eggs.
Fix for issue where item quantity for Bottle o’ Enchanting, Nether Star, Enchanted Golden Apple and strength indicator for Potions are not affected by Interface Opacity when in the Quick Select.
Fix for Death Message with incorrect text is displayed when the player is killed with a named weapon.
Fix for worlds generating slightly differently every time even with the same seed.
Fix for issue where Leather Clothes, Spawn Eggs and Potions are displayed improperly when the player is above 256 blocks or is in a place where there is no source of daylight.
Fix for Doors, Trapdoors and Fence Gates missing a sound effect when closing.
Fix for issue where opening certain menus does not cancel the eating, drinking or bow charging animations.
Fixed an issue where items that have no custom names were not showing up in edit text field in the Anvil.
Fix for Ocelots not sprinting away from the player.
Fix for Pistons and objects pushed by them having corrupted, black textures while animating.
Fix for falling Gravel, Sand and Red Sand blocks displaying with very dark textures.
Fix for issue where texture pack changes to vanilla Minecraft textures if the player joins a friend’s session.
Added first person rendering of additional skin parts for the left and right arms.
Fix for an issue when in a Split-screen session where at least one player does not get Critical Hit particles.
Fix for seeing through the base of falling blocks.
Fix for missing mining animation for Skulls, Heads, Signs, Chests and Beacons.
Fix for issue where changing the Interface Opacity to specific values causes visual issues with the item and button icons on the HUD.
Fix for issue when travelling directly north or south in a Minecart where the player automatically turns to face eastwards.
Fix for missing tooltip for ‘Exit’ / ‘Dismount’ actions.
Fix for Guardians not being spawned around Ocean Monuments on a Superflat World.
Fix for City Texture Pack missing textures for multiple kinds of doors while holding in the player’s hand
Fix for Sign text not displaying.
Fix for Cows needing to take 11 hits with hand or 3 hits with any Sword to be killed.
Fix for Clownfish description displaying incorrect information.
Fix for the tutorial message about boats shows the wrong button prompt for exiting the boat.
Fix to allow saves that had been well explored to save player state again.
Fixed an issue unlocking the ‘Iron Belly’ trophy.
When asked on Twitter why update 1.23 took so long, 4J replied, “A few more fixes were needed.”

If you have Minecraft on Xbox One or Xbox 360, the bug fix updates “will hopefully be released before the end of this week

GulAtiCa

I randomly decided to make a new world last night. Mainly to check out the new biomes and such, since my original game doesn't have nay of those new blocks.

Not sure what I'm going to build currently. Just setting up a wood house into a side of a hill to get started in gathering resources.

Grinchy

Banned
I know it's dumb to hope for this, but I hope the PS4 version gets PSVR support. I am dying to try this game out in VR.

GulAtiCa

I hope we get Realms support for PS4. Would be kinda cool to have a PS4 Server that us GAF folks can randomly go on and interact/build stuff and see what others have built.

Heck, if it did come to PS4. I would even be willing to create/run the server. Though, I'd make it Survival Mode only. :p

Daffy Duck

Was that bug recently introduced because of a ptach or something?

I got it fine on my digital copy ages ago when the game first came out.

GulAtiCa

Bump!

Been playing recently again. Decided to start a brand new world, since all the changes and new biomes/etc.

I built a log cabin over a lake and now starting to light it all up. I actually used redstone to do so, so I can turn on/off from the cabin.

Bump!

Been playing recently again. Decided to start a brand new world, since all the changes and new biomes/etc.

I built a log cabin over a lake and now starting to light it all up. I actually used redstone to do so, so I can turn on/off from the cabin.

Any more pics?

GulAtiCa

Here are some pictures of my new world:

I built this little cabin over the lake. In the middle below it is a rail station that takes me to other parts of the world. So far only 2 destinations from opposite sides. One of which takes me all the way down to level 10. I also have a giant glass redstone device in middle that I can turn off/on that controls the lake lights. Slowly starting to cover the lake with glass and redstone lamps. Looks really cool at night. And if I turn it off, you can't even see it.

Btw: The reason the corner map is kinda broken, is cause when I went to the nether, I got so lost I eneded up building a portal that essentially placed me on the opposite side of the world. lol

Looks awesome.

I love the idea of turning off all the lights, great idea. Take that light pollution.

I presume you are playing in creative?

The game has turned in to the one I only play with my nephew and niece. We just fart around and have a little fun. No epic constructions.
I've been trying to motivate myself to get back to some of my old projects.

I see there was a new update today, a bunch of bug fixes and some new trophies.

GulAtiCa

All done in Survival mode. So things like my giant Castle from my 1st World (as seen here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173455740&postcount=1575 ) took several months to build.

All in all, transforming my cabin's lake floor into glass with redstone lamps every 5 blocks will prob only take me a few weeks of playtime. The more flat ocean floor's surfaces are the easiest and go quickly. The parts that start to get different in height will be the more challenging and interesting.

GulAtiCa

When I get internet back, I'll upload another picture of my underwater lights display. It's starting to get pretty big. I would estimate maybe 15% done of total surface. Going quicker then I thought it would too. Adding the glass blocks helps a lot in speeding it up since I can easily see everything. The more difficult/time consuming areas are of course the more hilly parts.

I actually laugh every time I'm building near my main power source since every so often I knock out a redstone line and cause a huge blackout. Kinda interesting to see happen live. I use Diorite to mark the paths of redstone, so easy to see where everything goes. Finally have a use for them!

GulAtiCa

After trying and failing to build a simple & small auto chest sorter, I decided to just redo the room into a big Chest storage units. It's better this way actually, since I have way more space.

This is what my lake lights currently looks like. Getting there.

A look at my lake cabin, the lake lights and a mob farm tower I built to the right. Can you guess what's majorly wrong with it? If you guess that no mob will ever spawn their due to it being a Mushroom Island biome, you are correct! I didn't realize this till after I completed the whole thing.... Oh joy.. lol. I was suspicious, but was too late. I'll eventually dismantle it to get my materials back, but for now I'll keep it as a funny failure to look back on and as a nice landmark to help find my way home. Where I'm standing now is where I'm building a new version.

My rail system under neigh is really hidden. Can't even see that it's there.

GulAtiCa

Decided I needed more Blaze Rods, so I built a new portal next to a Blaze spawner. Then built rail line all the way from my house to it, prob 500+ blocks away. This time I built it above ground (comes from my underwater station though, so goes down into the caves and then up again to ground). Feels kinda like a little rollercoaster with all it's dips and turns heh.

It's in a Nether fortress, so currently trying to farm some Wether Skilleton skulls. No luck so far even with a Looting 2 enhancement. Just need 3...

GulAtiCa

Thanks everyone! With Switch arriving in a few days, I'll likely take a short break from the game, but been super busy working on new things. Since my last update, I've killed the Dragon 3 times now (so I can get to a new End Island so I can get my Elytra! (my 1st End Island didn't have an End City)). Also killed a Weather recently too. Got a beacon set up and everything. Just need a lot of Iron..

So, built 2 Iron Golem farms. Best thing is that I have no villages around me, no idea where they are. So I had to cure some zombie villagers.

Put in actual lamps with automatic night lights

View of my base and the 2 Iron Golem farms. Built a Water Ice transport system to get the iron to my base.

Close up view of my base. Has a Japanese like style going on about it, kinda accidental. But I like it. Currently rebuilding the roof.

Being able to fly is so cool! I really hope we can use Rockets to propel ourselves soon in a future update like PC. (Don't think we can yet)

GulAtiCa

Added a new friend to my house! I call him Bob.

I have a villager that I unlocked all his trades to gety a new Name Tag (used my 1st from a chest for the Endermite). Best thing is that his lv 1 enchanted book is a Mending one.

Top Bottom