• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

maltrain

15123408382_45757f3644_z.jpg

Minecraft PS4 Edition Coming to US Tomorrow

Minecraft fans! We’re excited to finally tell you that the Minecraft PS4 Edition will be available on PlayStation Store this Thursday before 12pm Pacific for only $19.99!

For those looking for the ultimate Minecraft experience, the PS4 Edition will feature worlds 36 times bigger than the ones you might be used to on the PS3 system. Existing players will be able to import PS3 saves to the PS4 Edition, allowing them to continue work on their immense structure or delve even deeper towards the Nether.

Staying true to our promise, we wanted to make sure that anyone who previously bought the PS3 Edition (Disc or Digital) would be able to upgrade to PS4 Edition for a small fee.

Well, we’re happy to officially announce the upgrade option is available to any existing PS3 Edition owners for just $4.99!

Here’s how it works:

15133261052_e3da63cb8d_o.png

BwpykjqIUAAgW35.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/03/minecraft-ps4-edition-coming-to-us-tomorrow/

Toki767

Weird that they couldn't just put it up today (or even yesterday when the store updated). At least it's finally coming though. Just need that Vita version now.

sector4

I don't know what I was expecting, but this is only $25 in Australia (cheap for a game) I've never played Minecraft :\ thinking I should pick it up!

Frazley

How do we transfer saves? I went on PS3 and saw no options or do we need a patch?

Can't wait to play tomorrow!

aro52

Via twitter, they're still working on some minor bug today.

I don't blame em one bit, but I bet it went something like this:

"This bug's gonna take a couple more hours to solve."
"Damn. But happy hour ends in 20 minutes!"
"Crap! Ok, screw this. We'll take care of this in the morning. Put up a quick blog post."
"Done! Let's roll! First round's on me!"
"Grace, wake up! We're going to the bar."

GodofWine

Is the survival mode of this game worth it??? all I ever see are these huge sanbox creations,which I have zero interest in doing...but surviving creepers could be fun....or not.

what says you gaf???

Never have tried the console or PC version of Minecraft before. I am interested, but I don't know if I should buy it. How fun can the game get?

I know that in theory you can buy the PS3 version now for $20 (and then the PS4 upgrade for an additional $5) and then get the Vita version for free via cross-buy when it's out, but I'm always hesitant to purchase when stuff like this isn't yet explicitly laid out on the store page.

Maltrain it might help to post this image in the OP as it's a bit clearer than the text of it I would think

15133261052_e3da63cb8d_o.png

Is the survival mode of this game worth it??? all I ever see are these huge sanbox creations,which I have zero interest in doing...but surviving creepers could be fun....or not.

what says you gaf???

I've discussed it before but people have different opinions on how compelling the survival mode story/objective based gameplay is.

Personally if you have no intention to build crazy shit I wouldn't go for Minecraft. That's only one large aspect of the game though. There is a full story/objective that can be completed and is mildly lengthy but probably isn't worth $20 by itself imo.

There is however a bunch of multiplayer game modes at least on PC, I'm still not sure what the PVP and MP options are like on consoles tbh

Is the survival mode of this game worth it?

If you play with other people it can be fun. "surviving" isn't the challenge, the challenge is your patience grinding (digging) for better materials. Read two paragraphs on surviving survival mode and you're safe for as many days and nights as you like. This is most definitely not "Don't Starve".

Tigress

Not me. I'm waiting on the Vita version.

Hey, you're not alone in that. I am wondering if I get the PS3 version on disc, how do they make sure I get the Vita version (I would like to buy the PS3/Vita version and upgrade to the PS4 version. But I'd like to wait til the Vita version is out cause that's the one I actually want to play).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hey, you're not alone in that. I am wondering if I get the PS3 version on disc, how do they make sure I get the Vita version (I would like to buy the PS3/Vita version and upgrade to the PS4 version. But I'd like to wait til the Vita version is out cause that's the one I actually want to play).
Me too. First true, portable Minecraft.

Steel

Banned
Grimløck;128368319 said:
doesn't everybody on earth and their unborn child own this game?

I own it on PC, Xbox 360, PS3(and by extension, Vita), and will own it on the PS4. So there's still room for sales.

Yeah, I might have a problem.

Top Bottom