• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

offline deal only?

You'll need a promo code from the daily exclusive email, but it says In-store and Online.

0uQe5LW.png

I was hoping for a Fighting Edge for PS4 before I bit on a new stick this gen, but that's really tempting...

How does one get this promo code? I've never had a reason to look into it before.

I was hoping for a Fighting Edge for PS4 before I bit on a new stick this gen, but that's really tempting...

How does one get this promo code? I've never had a reason to look into it before.

You have to register for their daily email deals in person.
You'll get the email and code every day. 99% of the "deals" aren't worth the time and effort, but every once in a while, they put some great stuff up there. There's also fairly frequent discounts on PS+/XBLG time cards and credit.

alstein

Tried to sign up for this , and not working.

Had to phone their support to get it to work but it did. Well, one part of what I need is done.

Microsoft announced today, during the Killer Instinct Season 3 reveal, that all sticks will work on Windows 10 when KI launches (in March...maybe?...that's when season 3 starts at least.)

Mike M

Nick N
Picked this up. Great deal and love that it has a touch pad!

Anyone mod one of these for art? How are the stock buttons?
Now to learn how to use a stick again...I was all about the fightpad last gen

I'm waiting on my art to arrive, but it seems simple enough. Unscrew the base, unscrew the baseplate, peel off the plastic art to reveal the screw holes, put your new art on and screw on the plexi from the top.

Button plungers are wider relative their cup than Sanwa, and to me it feels like it has less throw distance, though I could be completely wrong about that. Feels different, but still a completely functional set of buttons. They only seem to come in black, however, so if you want different colors you pretty much have to switch.

You have to register for their daily email deals in person.
You'll get the email and code every day. 99% of the "deals" aren't worth the time and effort, but every once in a while, they put some great stuff up there. There's also fairly frequent discounts on PS+/XBLG time cards and credit.

Welp, considering I'm on the opposite side of the country from the nearest store, that doesn't look like it's happening.

vg260

Welp, considering I'm on the opposite side of the country from the nearest store, that doesn't look like it's happening.

You can order online w/ free shipping. You can also register for the email promos online. The code they email you immediately won't work the first day, but just call and they'll give you one that does.

Thanks, definitely in for some white bezels and a white side panel. I am tempted on black but the smoke panels I have already look black so maybe.

Actually, you can sign up by email and you get a code right away. You have to call in your order though for online orders in order to use that code and "activate" it. I know because I got up to that point but talked myself out of ordering this. It's a really good deal and I am so tempted but dammit I already have a vlx. I think I have an addiction ugh.

Actually, you can sign up by email and you get a code right away. You have to call in your order though for online orders in order to use that code and "activate" it. I know because I got up to that point but talked myself out of ordering this. It's a really good deal and I am so tempted but dammit I already have a vlx. I think I have an addiction ugh.

I'm quite busy at work and don't think I can spare the time to call in. Don't suppose I could use your code?

FinKL

You'll need a promo code from the daily exclusive email, but it says In-store and Online.

0uQe5LW.png

Great deal, was $120 at frys with that coupon a few weeks ago as well. Super tempted...

Question. For those that use a controller for Street Fighter, do you use the D-pad or the analog stick?

I use to play SF on earlier consoles way back to the SNES era. There was no analog stick back then, only dpad. I feel like there's more effort to get moves to come out on the stick too, so that's why I always use Dpad

Mike M

Nick N
UGH! Why wasn't this a few days ago? I just bought from Hori directly and have it shipping to me.

Oh well, it's only a $40-50 difference, but still. >:|
Yep, same boat. Thought about getting this one and returning the other, but after jumping through the hoops to get the code and eating the return shipping fees, ehhhhhhhh...

Shenmue

Banned
Darn, and I ust bought a Mad Catz TE 2 :(

It's supposed to be pretty good. And for that price it's a steal.

OK that's what I needed! Picking it up!

Also it's easy to switch out right? I have a set of sanwa stick plus seimitsu buttons. It's all quick connects, no soldering right?

NEO0MJ

OK that's what I needed! Picking it up!

Also it's easy to switch out right? I have a set of sanwa stick plus seimitsu buttons. It's all quick connects, no soldering right?

Switching out is supposed to be pretty easy. And yeah, no soldering is needed. just remove the wires from the built in buttons, unplug them, then connect the wires to the new buttons and plug them in.

I snagged one for in-store pick-up since online is sold out :[

Need a stick for PS4 and who knows when a viable solution to use my old 360 Fight Stick and my PS1/PS2 Stick will come around.

I have a feeling I will need to swap the stick and buttons though.

As of 3:30 there is one new hori rap 4 at the frys in Burbank. When I went up to the cashier, the price changed back to $150. He asked the supervisor and they let me buy it this one time for $99. The deal is dead now I guess?

Lebneney

Banned
No, but half circles can sometimes not feel right

Okay cool, thanks!

I use to play SF on earlier consoles way back to the SNES era. There was no analog stick back then, only dpad. I feel like there's more effort to get moves to come out on the stick too, so that's why I always use Dpad

Yeah I tried the demo of SF3 on PS3 and used the analog stick. Safe to say that I had no idea what I was doing.

Top Bottom