• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #173 - "Furry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmonkey

Google Docs? Your own website?
As long as it's accessible and the site doesn't require registration to view your entry it'll probably be fine.

It's just the password protection thing I'm going for since most seem to be. Best I can do on google docs is let anyone at all with the link view the file. Is that ok?

Nezumi

After a lot of back and forth I have finally settled on an idea for this one. Which leaves me with about two hours to write it. So, if there isn't a story from me in the next three to four hours, I will have failed this week...

After a lot of back and forth I have finally settled on an idea for this one. Which leaves me with about two hours to write it. So, if there isn't a story from me in the next three to four hours, I will have failed this week...

You didn't fail, you just nailed the secondary.

Nezumi

OK. Don't think I'll finish this tonight. But if I want to get at least five hours of sleep I should be going to bed now. I'll still finish it tomorrow I guess, but I fear that it will be way past the deadline and the grace period...

Edit: We could of course say that as for my secondary I omitted deadlines from my world...

Cyan

Banned
Oh right. Deadline. I gotta be real, I got nothing right now. The stuff I worked on at the hangout just didn't come together at all.

Guess I'll figure something out when I get home.

belmonkey

Oh yeah, I always write something. This one was just hard for me.

I'm sure it will be perfectly fine. I've tried writing the subject before, although I imagine reading other people's stories will teach me ways I can improve my own, especially since there seems to be several people that have been involved with these creative writing threads for a while and are probably pretty good writers.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
This is the worst challenge ever : (

tumblr_inline_nmgs8aNjkb1ri743n_540.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By the time I'm done it'll be 4000 words... and then I have to chop it in half, like King Solomon.

I did, I did see an earlier post. Also I completely forgot how to make a password protected pdf. :\
Or what program I even used for it.

Meh. Oh hey, what's that thing on my desktop? Oh, that is totally it- aaaand it's transpired, great. I really couldn't get this thing to work, so it's a quick and dirty entry (and boring). Have fun with that whole 'karma' thing, filthy monkeys.

Reptilian (476 words)

Nezumi

OK, I haven't given up entirely. I can write a bit in my break now and I get off a little earlier, so I juuuust might be able to post something before the end of the grace period... This is getting ridiculous. I really really need manage my time better.

Neeener

Neo Member
Ok. I'm out this week.

Because circumstances, excuses, circumstances... Left it to the last minute and woke with a migraine.
I'll definitely read and vote though!
Nez, I'm with you on the time management thing.

actually it's seriously all my brother's fault this week. But that sounds lame so I'm not going to say it.

Cyan

Banned
Dear Editor,

I write to correct a number of misconceptions in your recent article, "Furry Terrors of the Pacific Northwest."

We are not a hoax. We are not folklore. We are not supernatural. We live day to day much like any other people, and if we choose not to associate with the wider world, can you really blame us?

We are not bears. We are not apes. We are not repugnant and loathsome, nor do we live in the snow, nor do we have unusually large feet given our size.

We are not prehistoric cavemen. We don't eat people or jump out of the trees or plod into frame on a shaky videotape, we are not the Loch Ness Monster, we are not a punchline.

The story related in your article by the mail carrier is not true; we rarely eat dried and salted foods in any case, and we certainly wouldn't stoop to stealing such trifles. Your reporter could have at least attempted to get our side of the story and I am surprised and hurt that she did not.

Finally, we find the term "humanoid" offensive, please make a note to avoid it in future. We are more than merely similar to humans; we are our own people.

Thank you for your time.

Editor's Note:
Our reporter, Emily Dawson, reached out for comment while writing her story but did not receive any reply. We believe she conducted appropriate due diligence on the claims made by Shon Williams, the mail carrier referred to in the above letter, and we stand by her work on this article.

As a style note, we will in future discontinue the use of "humanoid" in favor of the broader and more inclusive "cryptid."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remove mine, I went over the word limit. It doesn't count.

Mike M

Nick N
Votes now, critique tonight or tomorrow morning depending on whether I have power at home or not.

1. Nezumi
2. Keleesto
3. Chainsawkitten

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Long stories short, my life is a horrifying vortex of change. So no critique from me this week.

Votes:
1. Mike because he made me cry, and gave my early 20 self weird hope for the future
2. Chainsawkitten because of the existential crisis it caused me for a bit.
3. Tangent because that punchline killed me with laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom