• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Better not be PC or PS4.

Konami has mentioned several times that the business model is meant for those that don't have the time to earn all of the unlocks in game.

That refers to in-game unlocks, I think, because Konami also stated only one FOB is free and you need to buy others. If you need to buy them, you can't unlock them by playing.

Dr Dogg

It just seems like a really silly thing to attach microtransactions to. Usually it's consumable items that you use lots of or higher tier items that are either hard to acquire or require lots of work/time to get (different tier packs in FIFA's Ultimate Team for example with the best players in the Gold Packs). FOBs seem like a one and done affair (or the water space to build them I guess) so once you've bought what you want you're probably not going to be buying any more coins. I thought when microtransactions were brought up they were going to be like an accelerator for Mother Base R&D which was super grindy in Peace Walker and fits right in with the model lots of f2p mobile games use for microtransactions. I wonder if MB Coinst carry over different playthroughs? That would a fucker if you wanted all your FOBs on subsequent playthroughs and it ended up costing you 60 quid a time.

Parsnip

5HuWe8v.jpg

oVPC3VG.jpg

Eh, it's only for additional FOBs so who cares. 1 FOB sounds plenty to me.
Unless I'm mistaken.

Dr Dogg

Somebody asked for drivers.

Additionally, you can crank up the resolution with NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution for even higher fidelity, and improve image quality yet further by replacing the game's Screen Space Ambient Occlusion with NVIDIA Control Panel HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion, courtesy of a profile contained within today's Game Ready driver.

Well was hoping for a tuned and in game solution for HBAO+ but I'll take driver based bits I guess (though some are a bit funky even with official profiles).

Eh, it's only for additional FOBs so who cares. 1 FOB sounds plenty to me.
Unless I'm mistaken.

Nobody really knows to be fair. Obviously there's a lot of extreme and knee jerk reactions to this initial find but the implications are still yet to be known let alone the official explanation from Konami. Dawg mentioned in the thread about them that one of the resource minigames would only let you send out a limited amount of squads until you had made an additional FOB. Sounds like the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood recruitment missions or Keyway's Fleet sort of deal so I could live with that as I was always forgetting to send my recruits on on missions or check in to get my gold though can see how that would tie in with speeding things up in terms of resources. Love to hear what Konami has to say though first before casting judgement.

Nzyme32

Peeler is not a good source of information.

I've never seen a community rep more incapable of presenting information to a community.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but I'm advocating for actual confirmation rather then out of context screenshots and an incompetent community rep.

In fairness to Peeler, I thought he was doing a great job prior to the whole Steam availability thing for TPP

I've never seen a community rep more incapable of presenting information to a community.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but I'm advocating for actual confirmation rather then out of context screenshots and an incompetent community rep.

Konami later clarified further with Gamespot, insisting the "initial" FOB platform is not behind a paywall. Here's the follow-up statement:

To clarify, the initial FOB, which includes the FOB command platform and all sub-platforms, is not behind a Mother Base coin paywall. Maintaining other FOBs past the initial set of FOB platforms can be purchased with Mother Base coins. More information regarding the payment model for FOB will be provided closer to launch.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...eal-with-metal-gear-solid-5-microtransactions

Belgarion

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Belgarion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood of Old -- MB-9F29322C55949FCC - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Orborun -- MB-6F4BCC2E0114707D - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-5322A1344E556B4D - Taken by Barajas_201. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-E19A321BD8DFD1CB - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
East India Company Gold Edition -- MB-5F0D7EDEEF0DE6A2 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Earth 2150 The Moon Project -- MB-4584C4B12F701FF4 - Taken by bulletbill10. 1 entrants total.
Burstfire -- MB-9BDC12DF739168C9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-B35DDF4AFC855AEF - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1441032384z1.png

Hektor

You dont have to buy them. They're completely optional and dont affect anything if you dont buy them. Do you really think a company such as konami would actively make grinding longer in order to incent people to purchase microtransaction? That'd be very insane and cynical of you!

We all know that Konami only wants the best for us.

Ludens

Banned

Why do you say so?
I mean, maybe he was not right about the release date of TPP, but come on, it's Konami. They managed to do a mess of launch, with missing DLC codes, faulty bionic arms, a lot of canceled pre-orders, empty dvd for PC physical...I mean, I think there are serious problems on Konami at the moment, maybe communication is one of them.

Honestly I think he did a wonderful job regarding Ground Zeroes and gaining feedback from the community itself for TPP.

I mean, I opened a thread on steam community hub asking for a new price for TPP, including DLCs, making of video, Ground Zeroes as pre-purchase bonus and a digital map. Well, Konami did it. They lowered the price to 60€ instead of 70€ they planned, they included the making of, a bunch of DLCs and even Ground Zeroes. The only thing missing is the digital map, but maybe they thought it was useless since, well, the map is in the game in his digital form anyway.
So I think he passed on Konami community's requests, because if you check the Konami's site, PC version is not clearly updated with last infos.

I think he did a good job, if there are problems regarding the game's unlcok, I think it's not because of him.

Salsa

I haven't tried GZ, is it CPU intensive? I have a i5-2500 3.30Ghz

im on the same cpu but OCed to 4.3ghz

havent really checked but you should be fine

engine apparently scales well. Supposedly max textures requires more than my 2gbs of VRAM (according to Nvidia guide and all) but it never showed

Grief.exe

There is still some ambiguity in that language and the article as a whole.

Extra FOBs can be purchased with MB coins. When asked on Twitter about the issue the producer says money can be earned in single player missions and other ways.

I'm not saying Konami hasn't completely locked the FOBs behind a paywall, this is Konami after all, a company currently shifting from the video game industry to gambling. I'm just advocating for people to wait for more concrete evidence before fully jumping to conclusions.

Jawmuncher

Steam downloads have been acting up for me, first it was ARK wanting to allocate space forever. Now it's Speedrunners update stopping before it's even done. Hope it's just steam and not my HDD dying.

Messiah

Steam downloads have been acting up for me, first it was ARK wanting to allocate space forever. Now it's Speedrunners update stopping before it's even done. Hope it's just steam and not my HDD dying.

Had a similar problem with Type-0 yesterday, I think it's on Valve's end.

Nzyme32

Ground Zeroes runs at a constant 60 with everything on max except SSAO instead of HBAO on my 2gig 680

I expect the same

If TPP is any more demanding than GZ (which the specs suggest it won't be since they are identical), then I won't be able to play it probably. I'm pretty much all on low / mid on my ancient laptop for now, mostly because I am not willing to go down to lower the resolution and ruin the IQ

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-DE71A29C7D9E151A - Taken by Asgaro. 38 entrants total.

t1441035882z1.png

Knurek

Speedrunners always behaves like that for me.
Also ETS2 and Path of Exile.
Something to do with how the patches for these games are being made, I guess.

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

RefleX -- MB-8C49929EA53905A2 - Taken by Vuze

Shantom

It's great news that CAVE are finally coming to Steam. I just bought Dodonpachi and Akai Katana on 360, so I guess it was inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom