• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 rebranding

lupinko

New PS3 pricing works to Sony's benefit in Canada tho, since Sony is the only game manufacturer that is doing price parity with the Greenback. So for non-Canadians here is the breakdown:

360 Arcade - $229 CAD
Wii - $279 CAD
PS3 Slim 120GB - $299 CAD
360 Elite 120GB - $329 CAD
PS3 Fat 160GB - $399 CAD

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
lupinko said:
New PS3 pricing works to Sony's benefit in Canada tho, since Sony is the only game manufacturer that is doing price parity with the Greenback. So for non-Canadians here is the breakdown:

360 Arcade - $229 CAD
Wii - $279 CAD
360 Elite 120GB - $329 CAD
PS3 Fat 160GB - $399 CAD
Wii - $279 CAD
That's ridiculous.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Crisis said:
Thread resurrection! It seems that Sony is trying to help keep the more OCD members of their fanbase from mass suicide by leaving the spines of the new cases alone. Which makes this all look kind of weird:

3909695187_fd02d4753e.jpg

look like it's indeed the final desige for the cases and not just shitty photoshop

got this in my mail from Sony today
260pg15.png

it look like that Sony decided to go with this design ( with spider-man PS3 in the spine + SPIDERMAN PLAYSTATION 3 on the plastic case ) instead of the new spider-man less gundam cases.

seriously this is stupid , they already made new cases with new case's spine design and no spider-man font then changed them again to hybrid crap.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Totobeni said:
look like it's indeed the final desige for the cases and not just shitty photoshop

260pg15.png

it look like that Sony decided to go with this design ( with spider-man PS3 in the spine + SPIDERMAN PLAYSTATION 3 on the plastic case ) instead of the new spider-man less gundam cases.

seriously this is stupid , they already made new cases with new case's spine design and no spider-man font then changed them again to hybrid crap.

Well, it's not like Sony can toss the X amount of spider-man cases they probably have in stock into the bin. It wouldn't be kind to Earth.

Totobeni said:

260pg15.png

I'd wait until it releases before you start jumping to conclusions. The final manufactured version could be different. (Especially in the U.S., we don't have the new branding yet. Even NGSigma 2 next week comes out in the old style.)

Legendbyname

Neo Member
I'm actually quite happy they kept the spine the same. Would of been nice to remove the spiderman font on the top of the case though.

Now my new games won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Legendbyname said:
I'm actually quite happy they kept the spine the same. Would of been nice to remove the spiderman font on the top of the case though.

Now my new games won't stick out like a sore thumb.

They did.

Those are just mistakes. We already have two new boxarts in the wild (the Gundam game and FFXIII) and neither have the spiderman logo on the spine or on the clear part of the case.

noah111

Still Alive
Totobeni said:

Again, it's not the final design, trust me. Hell, look at the plastic casing of that box for confirmation...

tgs2_09.jpg

NeoUltima

H_Prestige said:
Those are just mistakes. We already have two new boxarts in the wild (the Gundam game and FFXIII) and neither have the spiderman logo on the spine or on the clear part of the case.
SCEJ =/= SCEA

They are going to keep the spiderman font on the cases until they run out of them, most likely.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cheesemeister said:
Wait, what? It's not just the logo?

Speculation is that the bundle is getting a special coverart... just as Dissidia, Crisis Core and Advent Children Complete bundles did.

Slavik81

Wow. The new boxes look awesome. It's nice that they're finally switching away from the retarded PLAYSTATION®3, and the awful Spider Man font.

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so there is new design for the Blu-ray Disc it self too

from Evilpet thread

SolidusDave said:

old PS3 blu-ray disc design
rhlaud.jpg

no full nice art on the Disc anymore , welcome huge big black space full of Sony tradmarks :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
so there is new design for the Blu-ray Disc it self too

from Evilpet thread

old PS3 blu-ray disc design
rhlaud.jpg

no full nice art on the Disc anymore , welcome huge big black space full of Sony tradmarks :(

So, we're back to PS2 style discs.

daegan

Totobeni said:

260pg15.png

If you look at a new case (see Sing It: Pop Hits, which just came out yesterday) the "PS3" logo is on the spine, not the spidey PS3.

Sentry said:
Again, it's not the final design, trust me. Hell, look at the plastic casing of that box for confirmation...

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/img/avw/docs/317/371/tgs2_09.jpg

Whoa wait is that final boxart? Is it not just the logo on a white background?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Wow. Only on Playstation, Playstation Network, and PS3 all plastered on the front.

It looks terrible. Even the new PS3 letters look bad.

You do realize it's just a curved version of the PS2 and PSP font... right?

jey_16

Banned
sentry posted this in another thread

NEW:
3882323429_54b9acc4ba_o.png

OLD:
3886686824_1588c4b0c4_o.png

(PAL never had the Only On Playstation/Playstation Network bar though)

the spines will not match up with the old cases!....although it looks like SCEE might be a bit behind, Uncharted 2 will be getting the old box art it seems in PAL land it seems

not sure about the spider man font on the blue-ray cases

jey_16 said:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/3882323429_54b9acc4ba_o.png[IMG]

the spines will not match up with the old cases!....although it looks like SCEE might be a bit behind, Uncharted 2 will be getting the old box art it seems in PAL land it seems

not sure about the spider man font on the blue-ray cases[/QUOTE]
I like this, but I think it would look better if they used the B/W PS logo on the spine so they could match up the lines from front to back.

jey_16

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
I like this, but I think it would look better if they used the B/W PS logo on the spine so they could match up the lines from front to back.

agreed....it looks out of balance although i guess most people wont care

noah111

Still Alive
jey_16 said:
NEW: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/3882323429_54b9acc4ba_o.png
OLD: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/3886686824_1588c4b0c4_o.png
(PAL never had the Only On Playstation/Playstation Network bar though)

not sure about the spider man font on the blue-ray cases
Sure they're different spines, of course they wouldn't use the 'PS3' spidey logo on the side with the new PS3 logo on the front, just wouldn't match..

BTW there is no 'PLAYSTATION 3' spidey font imprinted into the clear casing anymore (just the blu-ray logo);

1tpzlh.png

uncharted2spine.jpg

CrayzeeCarl said:
I think it was a design decision as in that ase there would be two of the same PS logos in view at a certain angle..

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge also shows a similar change for PSP game cases! The spines now have a similar style to the new PS3 cases.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
crustikid said:
Uncharted 2. From the multiplayer event in San Francisco. It's no Fortune Hunter, but at least I got it early and for $0.00. The best things in life truly are FREE. :D

2agujxd.jpg

Front cover with the ugly 5 out of 5 OPM text. They actually quoted from that review at the event. insert *rollseyes.gif* here.

214ytna.jpg

The spine with the new PS3 branding.

14cwa50.jpg

Zee rear-end.

107l8cx.jpg

Color manual/game disc art

*note : I removed some pics from crustikid original post *

though it's bad before , but it actually look very fucking sweet , especially the disc , I need to put new PS3 cases on a new shelf.

B-Ri

Does anyone have a large version of the new PS3 logo, that actually reads "PS3"? I need it for a digital studio project, and i want it to look as up to date as possible.

At first I didn't like the new PS3 font, but it's grown on me. Compared to the spider-man font (you will not be missed), the new one is looks more playful of sorts...it shows that first and foremost the PS3 is a gaming system and not just some piece of high-tech that only tech-savy people can use.

ymmv

Banned
ScrabbleBanshee said:
I hope my Uncharted 2 isn't a Canadianized mess with no internal cover art or frenchized front cover art on the inside... I hate that shit.

I've ordered my copy from VG+ and I hate to miss out on this:

2dagilv.jpg

Love the prices, hate the French text and emty inside covers on Canadian editions....

ymmv said:
I've ordered my copy from VG+ and I hate to miss out on this:

2dagilv.jpg

Love the prices, hate the French text and emty inside covers on Canadian editions....

What did you pay? It was $49.99 CAD at Dell.ca yesterday, you missed out!

So the plastic on the cases is clearer too? Because on my games where there's art inside the cover it's more washed out than that^

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh lame. Just a couple weeks ago I was giving them props for keeping the spine the same, so that shelves still matched up.

Now it'll look disjointed and ugly like my Dreamcast collection. :[

omg rite said:
Oh lame. Just a couple weeks ago I was giving them props for keeping the spine the same, so that shelves still matched up.

This is kind of crazy, isn't it? Shelves full of visible media cases look like shit in the first place.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
omg rite said:

You have a PS3?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kagari said:
You have a PS3?

Not yet. Getting one probably next month, definitely by the end of the year. I'm kind of waiting to see if they announce any special holiday bundles like with Uncharted or something. I know it was rumored.

[livejournal]
To be honest, I only have 360 right now. Had everything at one point, even an old PS3, but sold a bunch of shit when I became jobless. Now that I'll be making nice moneys again soon, I'm going to get all my stuff again. Also waiting/hoping to see if they announce a black Wii for the holidays.

Haven't had a DS or Wii for about a year now. :[
[/livejournal]

Ashhong

Does Disney's Sing It not have online? i saw it at Gamestop and it didnt have anything on the front other than PS3

Top Bottom