• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's a black widow in my wife's car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishwalla

Banned
I'll never forget that as a kid there was a black widow infestation on and around the playground swingset in our school yard, you literally could see them climbing on the poles, yet we still swung on the darned set. Man we got yelled at for that, apparently there was some sign that we all conveniently missed telling us not to use the swingset due to said infestation.

Damned spiders anyways.

Danneee

buy a fucking CDC bio-hazard suit first, or course.

That's just a perfect set up for a "IT'S IN THE SUIT" situation.

Lure it out by putting something edible on the web then murder it. Or capture it and set it free, whichever suits you best.

tumblr_mo3jizzdxK1r54d9so1_500.gif

This is the only SENSIBLE action to take, OP

You monster, one of her descendants could have been one of the greatest spider scientists of the age or a profound and enlightening author or maybe a great spider diplomat who would have brought forth a greater understanding between spider and human kinds. None of these things will happen now. NONE.

Ushay

Sorry, SpiderGaf.

I really wanted things to end well, but it was either the spider or me hearing my wife all night about how she's going to die.

I placed a long blade of grass in the web and started to move it a little. Spider came out slowly and then I started to move the grass a bit quicker and she came up to the grass. She wouldn't budge after that, and I knew that this was the best shot I had to get it. Lit her up with a good helping of RAID and then a Gears-style curb stomp.

Confirm the kill:

And confirmed the kill, you fucking legend OP.

Sorry, SpiderGaf.

I really wanted things to end well, but it was either the spider or me hearing my wife all night about how she's going to die.

I placed a long blade of grass in the web and started to move it a little. Spider came out slowly and then I started to move the grass a bit quicker and she came up to the grass. She wouldn't budge after that, and I knew that this was the best shot I had to get it. Lit her up with a good helping of RAID and then a Gears-style curb stomp.

Confirm the kill:

Fair enough dude. Just be sure it doesn't have a nest under the seat. Maybe text that to your wife while she's at work, just to put her mind at ease.

EDIT - out of interest, what country are you in?

ElyrionX

Wait. If you leave the window/door open, wouldn't that attract more spiders in? That's how the thing got in there in the first place!

Take it to a car wash and let them deal with it. Or stick some thick gardening gloves on and go hunting yourself.

I hate spiders so I'd go for the first option.

Darryl

Banned
They lived in my car and room on and off for like a decade now. Never seen anything come of it. Conversational piece if anything, good to help get the old gang together again.

BokehKing

Banned
Guess I should Google what a black widow spider looks like so I can develop a fear of them? I just punch every spider I see

Edit: NM.....googled it... a AR-15 with an extended banana clip equipped with solar damage bullets should do just fine.

Call it "chicken." While normally level headed, the NA BlackWidow hates nothing more than to be called "chicken" and will accept your challenge.

Ganhyun

Black widows aren't leathal IIRC

Sorry, they are poisonous.

Quote from the wiki on them if you want proof:

Due to the presence of latrotoxin in their venom, black widow bites are potentially dangerous and may result in systemic effects (latrodectism) including severe muscle pain, abdominal cramps, hyperhidrosis, tachycardia, and muscle spasms.[12] Symptoms usually last for 3–7 days, but may persist for several weeks.[13]

RedRum

Banned
I would raid it OP and not leave it in there. Try using one of the long nuzzle things to get under the seat.

You leave it in there and the next day your garage looks like..

uWAOb6H.jpg

Unicorn

Sorry, SpiderGaf.

Confirm the kill:
What is the white thing under her? I swear it looks like an eggsac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom