• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I tried out heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was black tar heroin, about 10 bucks worth and I used the "Chasing the dragon" method. I inhaled the fumes casually throughout the day, chilled at Starbucks for a bit, hung out with friends, watched a movie and went to a party all while being under its effects.
The effects weren't that bad at all just felt like being super high on bud and it actually lifted me from a 2 month depression. It got me to enjoy the time with my friends, helped me put my life in perspective and even got me to talk to a pretty girl which I got to set up a date with.

I'm not advocating that others try the drug nor do I plan on using it anytime soon because of its highly addicting nature, but I got to say it wasn't bad at all and I was able to function throughout the day without any difficulties... Kind of goes to show that under the right mindset any drug can be done (Outside of say PCP, crack, meth, injecting the stuff, and anything along those lines).

Darklord said:
You're an idiot. No one I know who has tried heroin has come out of it. It's cancer in drug form.
Hey, and I've known people that've done in and never got hooked on it... So fuck you, and have a good day sire.

Hellcrow

dr3upmushroom said:
Hey, and I've known people that've done in and never got hooked on it... So fuck you, and have a good day sire.

Get a good and warm coat. You will probably need it in the future.

Darklord said:
You're an idiot. No one I know who has tried heroin has come out of it. It's cancer in drug form.

Maybe your friends are idiots ? Sure it's addictive but I only know 2 guys who have tried heroin and both of them have only taken it once. Not everyone becomes instantly addicted.

Nizar said:
How addictive is it on average?

_41949092_drugs_graph_416.gif

from this thread.

dr3upmushroom said:
it actually lifted me from a 2 month depression. It got me to enjoy the time with my friends, helped me put my life in perspective and even got me to talk to a pretty girl which I got to set up a date with.

Yeah, that's kind of the problem with heroin, and why people go back to it, even after they get past the physical aspects of it.

Quit being a pussy, deal with your problems sober, listen to funk, and put that shit down.

Doubledex

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
It was black tar heroin, about 10 bucks worth and I used the "Chasing the dragon" method. I inhaled the fumes casually throughout the day, chilled at Starbucks for a bit, hung out with friends, watched a movie and went to a party all while being under its effects.
The effects weren't that bad at all just felt like being super high on bud and it actually lifted me from a 2 month depression. It got me to enjoy the time with my friends, helped me put my life in perspective and even got me to talk to a pretty girl which I got to set up a date with.

I'm not advocating that others try the drug nor do I plan on using it anytime soon because of its highly addicting nature, but I got to say it wasn't bad at all and I was able to function throughout the day without any difficulties... Kind of goes to show that under the right mindset any drug can be done (Outside of say PCP, crack, meth, injecting the stuff, and anything along those lines).
You are an idiot!
And btw. your "black tar heroin" is still TRASH!
Kind of goes to show that under the right mindset any drug can be done
idiot

edit...and btw. part II:

AttentionWhore-poster.jpg

Hellcrow said:
Get a good and warm coat. You will probably need it in the future.
Yup because I have nothing else to worry about in my life... Really you're just being ignorant about the whole thing, I still have other things in my life to care for and I won't be giving them up for a single drug. I'm aware of what it can do and I don't plan on following down that path, you only live once so might as well experiment. Do I want to do it again? Yea. Will I? Not anytime soon or ever again. Hey it helped me out, it was an interesting experience and I'm done with it.

Amir0x

Banned
should have just took some Ecstasy instead.

But I always advocate trying everything once - if you're not going to make a habit out of heroin, then that's fine. If you got something positive out of the experience, that's all that matters.

Heroin isn't going to make you an addict after one or two times. You have to know your strengths personally to know whether or not you have the ability to say "no" if it comes around again.

Darklord

Banned
Milk Lizard said:
Maybe your friends are idiots ? I only know 2 guys who have tried heroin and both of them have only taken it once.

Actually, 3 people I know took it. 3 people ended up addicted as hell and ruined everything for them. Some people might do it once but a hell of a lot do it once, then one more, then a bit more, 6 months later there fucked. It's heroin, not a bit of weed.

Simply put: Anyone who does heroin is a fucking dumb cunt in my opinion. I don't care how many friends people who who got out of it. All I've seen it do it do is destroy lives and families.

Amir0x said:
should have just took some Ecstasy instead.

But I always advocate trying everything once - if you're not going to make a habit out of heroin, then that's fine. If you got something positive out of the experience, that's all that matters.

Heroin isn't going to make you an addict after one or two times.
That's next on my list.

Actually, 3 people I know took it. 3 people ended up addicted as hell and ruined everything for them. Some people might do it once but a hell of a lot do it once, then one more, then a bit more, 6 months later there fucked. It's heroin, not a bit of weed.

Simply put: Anyone who does heroin is a fucking dumb cunt in my opinion. I don't care how many friends people who who got out of it. All I've seen it do it do is destroy lives and families.
Guess what you know what else ruins people weed/alcohol/fatty foods/tobacco/gambling/antidepressants and bunch of other things. Once again moderation and temperance is key. I'm not using this to run away from my problems, I'm not planning on doing it again, and I didn't use it irresponsibly. I took it, had a normal day and came out happy at the end.

Doubledex

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
....and I won't be giving them up for a single drug. I'm aware of what it can do and I don't plan on following down that path, you only live once so might as well experiment. Do I want to do it again? Yea.
My gosh.... the same ol' story....

Milk Lizard said:

Thanks, that was interesting to see.

My question really is: how much does one need to take in a period of time in order to get addicted, on average. I am aware that there is no real answer to this because it changes from quality and person to person, but on average, one most likely becomes addicted to nicotine from smoking 10 packs of cigarettes over a period of a month, or at least start to feel the symptoms, is there such an average amount but for heroin?

Hellcrow said:
I've always wondered, how is alcohol addictive?

After a miscalculated saturday night, I usually don't touch it after a week or two.

Because some people don't have God's gift to stop binge drinking: the revulsion of alcohol for at least 3 days after the fact.

I hate cleaning up after a party the day after, because that stale beer smell has made me puke 2 or 3 times.

Amir0x

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
How is it the same ol' story?

dr3up, you know why! Don't be dense and attention whoring.

It's the "same 'ol story" because plenty of people try heroin and say "Do I want to try it again? Sure!", and even if they consciously tell themselves they won't, they often do. And that leads down a long, dark road of one of the most dangerous and addictive drugs in the world.

Doing heroin once isn't going to kill you or make you an addict. And like I said if you are confident in yourself, I advocate trying most things at least once. You do only live once. I would never want to go to my grave without know how Ecstasy feels. But, make sure you stay the fuck away from it over the long term. You should probably not do it again, especially since you appeared to be using it as a catalyst to get out of depression. That's just bad news altogether.

Darklord

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
That's next on my list.

Guess what you know what else ruins people weed/alcohol/fatty foods/tobacco/gambling/antidepressants and bunch of other things. Once again moderation and temperance is key. I'm not using this to run away from my problems, I'm not planning on doing it again, and I didn't use it irresponsibly. I took it, had a normal day and came out happy at the end.

It. Is. Heroin. Not fucking weed or a pack of smokes.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
dr3upmushroom said:
That's next on my list.

I don't think you understand, there's no moderation with heroin, your body has a physical reaction to it. It can literally kill you to go through withdrawals.

hivemind

Amir0x

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
I don't think you understand, there's no moderation with heroin, your body has a physical reaction to it. It can literally kill you to go through withdrawals.

hivemind

Where is that BBC documentary about that guy who filmed his final two years of life as an addict?

Is a very good watch for anyone thinking about trying heroin out in 'moderation.' I do tons of drugs and heroin is one of those even I never go back to.

Salazar

When I was in a psych ward, a whole lot of the people who couldn't come out, weren't legally allowed out, or didn't want to come out, were heroin cases. A couple had extra jam on their toast to get the lithium taste out of their mouths.

Bad news.

Darklord said:
It. Is. Heroin. Not fucking weed or a pack of smokes.
I was more thinking along the lines of moderation with other things such as alcohol, food or weed. I've already said that I don't plan on doing it anymore.

My question really is: how much does one need to take in a period of time in order to get addicted, on average. I am aware that there is no real answer to this because it changes from quality and person to person, but on average, one most likely becomes addicted to nicotine from smoking 10 packs of cigarettes over a period of a month, or at least start to feel the symptoms, is there such an average amount but for heroin?
Well if a person were to shoot it up they'd most likely be addicted to it because of the intense high it gives the mind and body.

Amir0x said:
Where is that BBC documentary about that guy who filmed his final two years of life as an addict?

Is a very good watch for anyone thinking about trying heroin out in 'moderation.' I do tons of drugs and heroin is one of those even I never go back to.

How does it feel to be on heroin? is it like cocaine/amphetamines, alcohol, ecstasy and how long does the effect last?

Desiato

Milk Lizard said:
Wow, I heard LSD wasn't addictive at all. I'm feeling less like trying it now.:lol

But yeah, heroin seems like the worst drug you can start taking. I'm staying the hell away from it. Maybe if I had like a week to live or something I'd start doing it.

SpacLock

Amir0x said:

The one where he shoots up by sticking a needle in his genitalia? That was really depressing. I'll post it if I can find it.

Amir0x said:

Edit : here

dr3upmushroom said:
(Outside of say PCP, crack, meth, injecting the stuff, and anything along those lines)

Why outside of any of that? You have already tried the worst shit, might as well try the rest! No way you would get addicted, right?

Amir0x

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
It felt like just being super high.

Plenty of things feel like being "super high", that's a poor description.

Nizar said:
How does it feel to be on heroin? is it like cocaine/amphetamines, alcohol, ecstasy and how long does the effect last?

The closest thing I can compare it to, which most people at least have a cursory experience with, is opioid painkiller's like Oxycontin. It's a much more overpowering feeling of "warmness", sweet melody-like euphoria, usually after a short while coupled with a need to relax, eventually to sleep. Sleep is the best on these things.

Parl

Hellcrow said:
I've always wondered, how is alcohol addictive?

After a miscalculated saturday night, I usually don't touch it after a week or two.
That's why it's not addictive to you.

If you drink it each day, then it becomes addictive. Especially if you have a lot. Same as any drug. Most aren't addictive until you begin to have it frequently.

Epic Fail Guy said:
Why outside of any of that? You have already tried the worst shit, might as well try the rest! No way you would get addicted, right?
Because I have no interest in them. I don't want to end up crazy, break into some random house naked and get my ass handed to me by some trained fighter. Like I said in the OP, I went about my day normally without anyone else noticing that I was on the drug, the same cannot be said for the others.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, touch it again.
It's been said already, it's not a pack of cigarrettes or weed you might just have once in a while without getting well and truly addicted. I occasionally smoke cigarrettes, generally while drinking, but i never get the urge to smoke them any other time. Heroin is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom