• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Thought I'd give a heads up for any stragglers out there (which is probably useless because they won't read this thread, but whatevs).

If you have not yet filled in the registration survey for Super Mario 64: DS, you only have one or two days left to earn the maximum amount of coins from it (40). You have to fill it in now in order to receive the post-play survey before it expires.

Another deadline hits on the 21st when the surveys for SM64: DS expire completely. If you haven't registered the game by then, then you will never be able to get any coins from it. If you have been sitting on a post-play survey of the game, make sure you fill it in before that date too.

If you have already filled in the surveys, don't worry. None of your coins will expire, this only affects the ability to earn coins. All current coins are safe until at least June 30, 2011 (depending on when you filled in the surveys).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
gotee12 said:
Out of curiosity, did anyone else receive an email from Club Nintendo thanking them for a game they hadn't bought/registered? According to the email, I have purchased and registered "Metroid Prime Trilogy", though I've never even played the game let alone purchase it. I checked by Club Nintendo account and the game is not actually registered on my account (shucks, no free coins).

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this...

I purchased it, but just got that e-mail today... I was surprised, as there seemed to be little reason for it.

Edit: Did you "Intend to Purchase" it? I bought it but didn't do a game satisfaction survey yet... I'm tempted to say they're e-mailing them out to anyone who either registered OR clicked "Intend to Buy" but haven't completed the process yet.

LiK said:
Got my hat too, very nice quality. Glad I chose this over the Doc game.

Yeah, mine finally showed up today and I agree - it's cooler than I expected.

I would have been so fucking jazzed to have this as a kid, but I'm grateful for it now too.

gotee12 said:
Out of curiosity, did anyone else receive an email from Club Nintendo thanking them for a game they hadn't bought/registered? According to the email, I have purchased and registered "Metroid Prime Trilogy", though I've never even played the game let alone purchase it. I checked by Club Nintendo account and the game is not actually registered on my account (shucks, no free coins).

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well.

Balb

How big is the calendar? I was expecting a nice calendar with actual pages. Did they really just give people one little card with dates on them?

gotee12 said:

Yeah, got the same email last night and don't own the game. Weird.

EDIT: Just noticed on the site that the "intend to buy" for Spirit Tracks is for purchase between 11-7-09 and 11-30-09. According to Amazon, the game comes out 12-7-09. :lol

Clipper

megashock5 said:
EDIT: Just noticed on the site that the "intend to buy" for Spirit Tracks is for purchase between 11-7-09 and 11-30-09. According to Amazon, the game comes out 12-7-09. :lol
Those are the dates within which you have to answer the survey. You have a period of 5 years after launch to buy the game and get the ItB coins.

Clipper said:
Those are the dates within which you have to answer the survey. You have a period of 5 years after launch to buy the game and get the ItB coins.

Yeah I read that wrong the first time I saw it too, they should be more clear about that.

EDIT:

Tell us if you

Plan to Buy between:

11/7/09 - 11/30/09

Yeah that's very misleading

FYI: There is a bonus survey available regarding your thoughts on Club Nintendo. Completing it nets you 30 coins and it expires this upcoming March.

It should appear in your "To Do" list.

DDayton

It looks like there is some sort of "special bonus" for folks registering Pokemon Rumble... bonus toys, or something.

Filled the survey. Would rather have special controllers, G&W Replicas and figurines than shitty soundtracks I'll never listen to. Though of course the JP one has all that and more...

DavidDayton said:
It looks like there is some sort of "special bonus" for folks registering Pokemon Rumble... bonus toys, or something.
It's a toy in the game itself. You control toy Pokémon as your avatar.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Asked for shit like soundtracks, exclusive WiiWare/DSiWare software, and the ability to redeem coins for Wii/DSi Points.

DDayton

Gunloc said:
It's a toy in the game itself. You control toy Pokémon as your avatar.

Oh, I knew that... I meant that folks should be aware of the special bonus going on.

Assuming it is a bonus...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
gkrykewy said:
Fuck that, I want controllers.
Ask for both!

I asked for soundtracks, the SNES controller, AND games in English but no out in NA (Like the Tingle RPG)

Its like making a wishlist to santa :lol

DavidDayton said:
Oh, I knew that... I meant that folks should be aware of the special bonus going on.

Assuming it is a bonus...

You can just go to serebii.net and other pokemon sites to just grab the code if necessary. They are not unique.

cooljeanius said:
Everyone ask for soundtracks under the section where they ask what type of rewards we'd like to see.
I asked for NTSC-compatible versions of Disaster and Trace Memory. Hey, might as well shoot for the moon if we're gonna ask for things that NOA would never give us in a million years!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
nincompoop said:
I asked for NTSC-compatible versions of Disaster and Trace Memory. Hey, might as well shoot for the moon if we're gonna ask for things that NOA would never give us in a million years!
Why does no one see the obvious solution. Ask for all 3 things! Ask for NA versions of those games as prizes, sounds tracks, and the SNES Controller.

nincompoop said:
I asked for NTSC-compatible versions of Disaster and Trace Memory.
Heh, I did that too for Trace Memory R.

To paraphrase:

Them: "What don't you like about Club Nintendo?"

Me: "Well, I don't like that there are not enough avenues to complain that you haven't released Trace Memory R in North America yet. Can you fix that please?"

Oli

There's a bunch of new prizes available. They seem to all be folder and bookmark sets... Kind of lame but at least we got something new I guess.

Edit: there's also greeting card. Woo.

Oli said:
There's a bunch of new prizes available. They seem to all be folder and bookmark sets... Kind of lame but at least we got something new I guess.

Nintendo makes me want to blow my damn brains out at times. Some damn folders...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oli said:

womp womp wooooooooomp

Also I never noticed before, but I love how the DS game rack has the OOP Tetris DS on it! :shakes fist:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oli said:

Sweet, got the Bowser folder/bookmark set for my GF. She loves Bowser Jr.

Anyone else have trouble with the bonus survey? I've done it twice now because after I do it it doesn't show as being completed, and I don't get any coins for it either.

leroidys

Man the US prizes suck. I think the best thing on there is the wii mote holder. I got two and they're very handy. The DS rack would be cool if it held more than a couple games, and the ds case would be nice if they had one for dsi.

dyls

I hate complaining about things that are basically free and that Nintendo really doesn't have to provide, but wow are these lame additions. I would rather just not receive an email about it, because that got my hopes up only to see the ugly truth.

Vamphuntr

Just got Spirit Track and the PIN for Club Nintendo is quite useless to me. I don't have a wii and I rarely buy Nintendo first party DS games (hence it's the first DS game that I found this PIN thing inside). I know I will never buy enough Nintendo games to get something good so If anyone is interested for a free pin PM me. NOTE : It's a NA copy.

EDIT : Already gone (lucky JYKSTA)

Club Nintendo doesn't seem to be letting me register Metroid Prime Trilogy. Do you think this has anything to do with that email they sent out thanking people for registering Metroid Prime Trilogy who hadn't yet?

Edit: nvm... it worked after all

i should just bite the bullet and get that game & watch collection, but I know as soon as I do, something even better is going to come out and I won't have enough coins.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got the folders yesterday, nothing special about them. Well I think most people knew that anyway

They do come sealed though, in case you want to give them out as a gift or something

Jme

JodyAnthony said:
i should just bite the bullet and get that game & watch collection, but I know as soon as I do, something even better is going to come out and I won't have enough coins.

don't do it! i'm holding out, you can too!

Been registering all my games the last couple of days, got enough for the Hanafuda cards. Are they worth it? Wanted the Zelda posters too, but I'll be two Wii games short of being able to get both of them once I get all my post play surveys.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
After hording points for a while (I had previously only claimed the G&W Collection), I finally cracked and ordered the Zelda posters.

I still hate that the Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess posters are spoiled by the ESRB rating, but the "History of Link" poster is pretty nice.

I had the History poster matted and framed, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. The lighting in this picture is kinda crappy, but you get the idea.

yfuso6z

Next time, Nintendo, make your posters standard sized. It's much cheaper to get frames that way.

SickBoy

Whimsical Phil said:
After hording points for a while (I had previously only claimed the G&W Collection), I finally cracked and ordered the Zelda posters.

I still hate that the Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess posters are spoiled by the ESRB rating, but the "History of Link" poster is pretty nice.

I had the History poster matted and framed, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. The lighting in this picture is kinda crappy, but you get the idea.

yfuso6z

Next time, Nintendo, make your posters standard sized. It's much cheaper to get frames that way.

Hold on... where's the ESRB rating? How can you tell if that poster is suitable for children?

I smell class action....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nothing for me yet.. sitting on some points, waiting to see what will pop up. I'll end up registering all these items regardless, because I want my Platinum status for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom