• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I've already completed 8 games. I hardly gamed this fall, but have the inkling back.

Some have been quite short (6 minutes for one to about 2.5 hours), but others have been full retail games.

Game 2: Metal Gear Solid 4

What a clusterfuck that was. I knew going in that this probably wasn't for me but I wanted to see it for myself. Besides, it was only a couple of Euros on PSN.
I just don't understand what people see in Kojima. The story is just insane and presented in these overly long infodumps... and then the actual plot is full of scenes either so full of pathos that I coud hardly stand it or full of jokes for 5th graders (diarrhea guy... really?).
When there was gameplay it was ok, I guess. I liked how Kojima tried to evoke the feeling of an actual battlefield in Act 1 and 2, however the limitations of the hardware let you see behind the curtain a bit too quickly....

OP

Dr. Buni

I really need to get back to this. I love Shovel Knight but I was so turned off due to the difficulty of the traversal in this.
It's not that bad. Propeller Knight aside, I found the bosses and levels easier than with Shovel Knight. If it means anything, you get a item that reduces the knock back of Plague being hit by enemies, plus an item that makes Plague 'float' after jumping.

DominoRaf

Neo Member
So doing it this year , claiming post :)

January Games:

1) Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers (3DS)

nintendo-3ds-spiel-devil-summoner-soul-hackers-9765430.jpg

Time Played : 23Hours
7/10
#Spooky
My 1st SMT game and enjoyed quite a bit, quite hard too. didn't complete but feel satisfied.

2) Super Smash Bros (3DS)

Time Played: 20 Hours +
8/10
Great smash game on the go , Toon Link is my favourite character.

3) Score Hero (iOS)

Time Played:5 hours
9/10
I didnt expect this to be that addicting , got to season 5.

4)Rocket League (PC)
Time Played:30+ hours
9.5/10
Very Fun Game i will defo play this for a looong time to come.

5)Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS)
Time Played: 6 hours
6/10
Not my kinda game, but a decent platformer.

February:

6) Pokemon X (3DS)
Time played: 47hours
8/10
The customisation options where quite cool and so was poke'Paris ;)
Froakie is bae

7) The Last Of Us: (PS4)

Time Played: 15 hours or so
9.5/10
omg omg omg what a game! the endgame story was amazing and so was the part where
you play as ( ellie in the snow)

8) The Last Of Us: Left Behind (PS4)
time played: 1.5-2 hours i think
8/10
ARCADE PART!

9) Street Fighter 5 (PC
)
Time Played: 30+ Hours
8/10
I really like the new mechanics of V-trigger and V-skill and ifeelits quite easier to get into compared to 4.
will be playing for a long time.

March:

10) Bioshock (PC)
Time Played: 20 Hours
9.5/10
this game is one of the best ive ever played and definatley in my top 5. Great story , gameplay and graphics.
without spoiling anything would you kindly go and play this game.

11) Zelda: A link between worlds (3DS)
Time Played: 27 Hours
9/10
This was my 1st Zelda game and was really fun!, i liked the freedom the game me and the painting feature was cool.
oh and the final boss strategy is really smart haha.

12) Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS)

Time Played: 20 Hours
8/10
A little better than soul hackers imo, and the easy mode option was very helpful.
I played up till the part where : (Spoiler: You go track the black samurai for the 2nd time) and got bored so stopped there.

13)BoxBoy! (3DS)
Time Played: 5 hours
7/10
Small fun puzzle game , really cheap too! i would defo recommend.

April:

14) Witcher 3: (PS4)

Time Played: 60 Hours
8.5/10
I felt like a living person in the world. did some sidequests and beat the main game.

15) The walking dead season 1 (PC)
Time Played: 10 hours
8/10
the first time ive ever cried from playing a game MUST PLAY!

16) Life is strange (PC)
Time played: 9 Hours
8/10
This game is hella good, you should hella play it. hella.

17) Football manager 2016 (PC)
Time Played: 15 hours +
8/10
ok im trying to take Leyton orient (League 2 Team) to the premiership and currently in the Championship fighting to avoid relegation.
Cool simulator.

May:

18) Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)
Time played: 9 hours
7.5/10
the story was worse than the first but decent none the less. I liked the ending though and cant wait for the 3rd season.

19)Egg Car (iOS)
Time played: 3 hours
7/10
Hard to get high score but fun to play now and again.

20)Crossy Road (iOS)

Time Played: 2 hours
8/10
This game is nostalgic as it reminds me of the old school frogger games and is pretty cool!, high score of 97 ;)

21) Binding of isaac Rebirth (3DS)
Time played 9+ Hours
8.5/10
Bought this on new 3DS to play on the go. more of the same but controls worse.

22) Overwatch (PC)
Time played: 30 Hours +
9.5/10
Very addictive! that Blizzard Drug

23) Shovel Knight (3DS)
Time Played: 12 hours
9/10

June:

24) Zero Escape : 999 (DS)
Time played: 28 Hours
9./5/10
Completed all of the endings (using a guide) Must play and please dont spolir for yourself.

25) Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)

Time played: 50 Hours
8/10
one of my favourite generations got remade and i really enjoyed it! mega Salamence is my favourite mon and the endgame content was cool.

26) Fifa 16 (PS4)
Time played 4 hours
8/10
Some online seasons and 2 player with my brother.

27) Bioshock 2 (PC)
Time played: 15 hours
8/10
I prefered the first game but this was cool too .i
didntlike the fact there was no final boss though.
28) Bioshock Infinite (PC)
time played: 30 hours
8.5/10
Amazing Start , Amazing End , Meh Middle. the story is a brain fart so prepare yourself if you play it. also
the: final part on the blimp was quite frustrating
29)Stardew Valley (PC)
time played: 15+ hours
8/10
amazing farming simulator i LOVE this game.

July:

30) Uncharted 4 (PS4)
time played: around 16 hours
9/10
Some of platforming sections where annoying but story and graphics where very good, the ending was amazing though !

31) Cubit the pl;atforming robot (3DS)
time played: 1 hour
5/10
very hard and frustrating but i paid less than £1 for it so not to shabby.

32)Call of duty Black ops 3 (PS4)
time played: 5 hours
7/10
Some multiplayer and zombies , i hate the jetpacks in the newer cods :(

33) Pokemon Showdown (PC)
Time played: 200 hours
I play this battle simulator a lot its quite cool and easy to find battles.

34) Pokemon Go (iOS)
time played: 10 Hours
6/10
we in the future now boys !

35) The order 1886 (PS4)
Time played : 7 Hours
5/10
only played this because my brother told me it has good graphics . story wasnt the best and the gameplay was average

OP

Game #2 - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)
File under: Average to bad games that Threads plays to completion because she doesn't love herself.

Game #3 - Mad Max (PS4)
This was my first Mad Max experience overall. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I'm not a fan of most sandbox/open world games because most content just feels like filler but this wasn't too bad. I didn't finish everything but I enjoyed what I did get to. The upgrades were actually helpful/useful in this game unlike some I've played.

It's too bad about that ending though..

Claimed. I've been looking at these for a while. Time to try my hand at this even though I know I probably won't finish. Maybe if it's a "challenge" I can cut down on the size of my backlog.

January
Game #01 - Need for Speed (2015) [PS4]
— January 2, 2016 - January 5, 2016 (Trophies - 94%)
The delivery of the story was enjoyable, far more than Rivals, this is a step in the right direction. I know people would label it as “cringe”, but everyone already uses that as an adjective too much. It was cheesy but in a good way. What you could call the story was okay, good for a racing game (in that I enjoyed it) but it could have been better. There were several points where I thought the plot was going somewhere interesting. One, Spikes reactions and such when the outlaws and cop baiting was mentioned, which turned out to be nothing. Two, whatever was going on with Spike and Robyn, which on its face seems obvious but it could have tied in with the previous point. Three, the outlaws themselves. When I saw the name of the race “Angels Can’t Catch Devils” I was immediately reminded of Rivals and the way that ended. I thought the outlaw could be F-8 or even Zephyr. Four, when Spike came at me for
beating Magnus’ Porsche
. The game was really a cut scene away from setting up Spike as an antagonist, the game’s fallen hero, with the way he was acting in the latter half of the story. If after that he had broken off all ties with me and started openly riding with the outlaws, maybe got a nice new evil black paintjob or car, started beating my old scores or something.

I also thought I, or someone, was going to die in one of the last two races. Someone should have died. I know I was expecting too much out of it if I could come up with these scenarios. I really like driving in this game. Most fun I've had racing in a while, definitely the most fun I've had on the current gen consoles. I just wish more people would race together online or there was some kind of matchmaking.

In Progress
Game #XX - Fallout 4[PS4]
— November 11, 2015 - (Trophies - 55%)

Luke_Wal

So far, I'm definitely doing a lot better than I thought I would be. With any luck, I should be finishing Volume, Bastion, Gone Home, and Fire Emblem: Awakening as well by the end of next week. Being on winter break from college is definitely helping out a lot, though.

Xion86

Game 2: Metal Gear Solid 4

What a clusterfuck that was. I knew going in that this probably wasn't for me but I wanted to see it for myself. Besides, it was only a couple of Euros on PSN.
I just don't understand what people see in Kojima. The story is just insane and presented in these overly long infodumps... and then the actual plot is full of scenes either so full of pathos that I coud hardly stand it or full of jokes for 5th graders (diarrhea guy... really?).
When there was gameplay it was ok, I guess. I liked how Kojima tried to evoke the feeling of an actual battlefield in Act 1 and 2, however the limitations of the hardware let you see behind the curtain a bit too quickly....

Come on, you must have loved some of those scenes? :D I only played this for a second time recently, didn't enjoy it as much at launch. I totally loved it this time round, but it's because I played all the games in the Legacy Collection in order of release, the story was all fresh and loved how 4 brought a lot of it together, some brilliant moments and was so much more effective. I wasn't that impressed with the gameplay though as I thought it was too easy to just follow the map and head to the next area, for the next cut scene. So yeah, was basically playing it for the cut scenes...

Catvoca

Banned
My Full list
January Games Update

Game 1:
Tearaway Unfolded 02/01/16.

I really wasn't bowled over by this one. It's graphically impressive and is incredibly creative, but is let down by some poor platforming and level design. For every section that I loved, there was another section of pure frustration. There is also some nasty technical issues, I think I got stuck in geometry 3 times and had to re-load a save which takes forever. I love what the game is trying to do, it's a pity that the vision isn't fully realised. 3/5.

Game 2:
Hand of Fate 04/01/16.

capsule_467x181.jpg

This is a fun rpg with some rogue like elements. I really enjoyed the card game aspect, building and refining your deck while trying to balance unlocking new cards with old cards that have proven to be helpful is real fun. These cards are often pretty well written too, there's some funny stuff in there. The combat is serviceable at best, sort of a more clunky version of the Batman combat from the Arkham games except without the need for precise timing. Unfortunately, the ending really lets the game down as well, with a huge difficulty spike that asks you to be more precise with your movements then the game allows with it's rather unresponsive player controls. With that being said, i enjoyed everything else about Hand of Fate, and might even jump back into it to unlock some of the cards I missed. It's a novel concept and they execute it well. 4/5.

Game 3: The Talos Principle

This is close to game design perfection. It's a first person puzzle game with a deep story in the same vein as Portal , but the puzzles and story here are executed perfectly. You play as a robot who has awoken in a strange but beautiful world and is told by a voice in the sky to solve puzzles and that faith will bring you to freedom. The story is mainly told through terminals you read, which sounds very boring, but it actually ends up being a mix of deep philosophic ideas, biblical passages, and cryptic messages from humans working on some sort of tech project. It is intriguing, and keeps you hooked long enough to keep playing through the immense amount of puzzles the game offers. These puzzles are brilliant in their simplicity. By the end of the game there's still less then 10 mechanics in play, but they are used in such a wide variety of ways that they never get stale. It leads to the puzzles never being confusing or overly complex but they can still be incredibly challenging. It hits that perfect balance where when you finish a puzzle you either feel like a genius for figuring it out or an idiot for not seeing it sooner, and because of this it is rarely frustrating. There's so much content here too, and a lot of it is optional, so you're really getting your moneys worth. I really enjoyed my time with it. 5/5

Game 4: The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna

This is some very substantial dlc for the main game that adds a whole new story set after the events of the main game, where you play as a new character trying to free robots trapped in the strange world of Gehenna. The highlight of this content for me was the story, which is this time told through message board threads that these robots talk on. Here they write text adventures, they draw pictures using just text and they discuss human history and philosophy and their merits.It's frequently hilarious, and at times thrilling. It's conclusion isn't much but that doesn't really matter when the rest was so good. It's a pity I can't say the same for the puzzles. The designers desided to make to puzzles incredibly difficult, much tougher then anything in the main game, and it suffers because of this. Some puzzles are simply too over complicated, or require you to know about aspects of the mechanics that I didn't know existed. If you just mainline the story they are not too bad, but the optional ones (Which are required for some endings) are just terrible for me. I'm sure some will appreciate the added complexity, but I'm not ashamed to say I looked at a guide multiple times playing through this because otherwise I just wouldn't have finished it. There's still a lot of fun to be had here though, with some great puzzles and great writing. 4/5

Game 5: Persona 4: Dancing All Night 10/01/16.

P4D-Theme-Song-Ann.jpg

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. The previous Persona 4 spinoff games have had huge writing problems and have been apart of genres that I'm not a big fan of, but Persona 4: DAN manages to get it mostly right. The story-line is completely ridiculous, with the investigation team getting pulled into a strange world and having to free idols from shadows by showing their true selves through dance. It's very silly, but it works. It doesn't lean too much on the existing characters, which was a huge pitfall of the arena games, and instead it introduces Kanamin Kitchen, a group of pop idols with different personalities and their own unique problems. These girls, Kanamin in particular, are endearing and I really enjoyed going through their story. There's a fine amount of twists and turns that keep the plot rucking along, and it comes up with decent justifications to see the crew dancing in different costumes. If the story mode has one problem it's that the protagonist is Yu is still incredibly boring when voiced in the spin-offs, and the crew's banter is often very weak. It's strange that the main draw for the game turned out to be the part I liked the least. Still, there's enough going on in the story that this doesn't bog it down too much. I'm not going to claim the story is particularly well written, but as a schlocky Persona spinoff story is works well.

As a rhythm game P4:DAN is a lot of fun. It's a simple six note system with notes coming on both edges of the vita screen. This makes it a little hard to see the characters dancing since your mostly looking at the sides of the screen, but it isn't a huge issue. The beat mapping is good and its generally very satisfying to do well when paying these songs. The soundtrack is the real highlight here, with around 30 tracks made up of original songs from Persona 4 and remixes. It's not a huge amount of tracks, and the lack of Persona 3 songs is glaring, but their quality is so high I didn't mind replaying them multiple times. The characters all have unique songs they dance too, but their partner is optional. This leads to fun stuff like Naoto dancing to the jazzy numbers while Kanji dances to the harder rocks songs. There's a store that sells costumes and accessories that are all about as fan-servicey as you can imagine. The songs, characters, and actual rhythm gameplay all combine to give you something really unique and fun, a game that Persona 4 fans will definitely love. Persona 4 Dancing All Night hits nearly all the right notes. 4/5

Game 6: Knack 18/01/16.

Knack-Logo.jpg

Knack is a frustrating game because it has so much potential but it fails to capitalise on any of it. The bulk of the game is made up of the combat, which is where the game shines. It's a simple system of dodging attacks and counterattacking but it's very satisfying thanks to tight controls and good feedback from the enemies. It's difficult too, a single hit from some enemies will send you back to last checkpoint, which raises the stakes of the combat and doesn't allow you to simply button mash your way through the encounters. Unfortunately, this can lead to whole lot of frustration mostly because of it's poor checkpoints. You can sometimes fight three or four different encounters before reaching one, and it is very irritating to have to restart again and again. In this way, Knack fails at being a good kids game, as I'm not sure 8 year old me would enjoy the challenge of the game. The real problem with the game is that the combat never really changes, and gives way to the games largely repetitive nature. Sure, the levels keep looking nice and Knack goes from looking small....to looking big! but the basic game-play stays the same throughout and lacks the depth needed to support the ten or so hours the campaign lasts. The story isn't going to drive you through it either, with about three different plots going on at once, each more dull then the last. The world building is fine, but the characters are incredibly wooden. Even Knack isn't a great mascot, he comes across as a big dumb idiot with no agency of his own. The only thing the game has going for it is it's atrocious loot system, in which you find parts of upgrades for Knack in hidden areas. I finished the game with three upgrades, two of which were completely useless. it's an atrocious system which contributes to the games complete lack of gameplay variety. Honestly, I had to force myself to finish this game. There's a fun couple of hours to be had here, but it just turns into a complete slog. While certain aspects of Knack are well made, the mascot turns out to be less then the sum of his parts. 2/5

Only kidding, Game of the generation. 10/5.

Hikami

Main post
--
Game 3: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel | 64 hours | January

135543d544.jpg

This game was an addiction for me, I couldn't put it down since I started playing it like just over a week ago.
Loved it, haven't felt this good about a game since Persona 4 (my #1 game of all time), this is probably just right below it. Can't wait for the sequel.
--
Game 4: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC | 40 hours | Finished: January

51043b9102.jpg

The wait was
kind of
worth it. I would've enjoyed it more I think, if I hadn't been playing it alongside Cold Steel. That made the combat really boring and the other gameplay aspects a drag. Still enjoyed it though. I'll live if we don't get the third game, would rather XSEED focus on the Cold Steel games.
--
Game 5: Sword Art Online: Lost Song | 25 hours | Finished: January

5da37bc4cb.jpg

I'd heard the impressions from JP GAF but refused to believe them.. but the game did turn out to be disappointing. It could've been great but a lot of things seemed rushed and incomplete. Hopefully Hollow Realization is better.
--
Game 6: Ayakashibito | 35 hours | Finished: January

6b0016f7f0.jpg

Did 2 routes, was satisfied enough. I really enjoyed it.
--
Game 7: 100% Orange Juice | 13 hours | Finished: January

9c0b1ced1d.jpg

Finally beat the campaign of this hellish rng game. Multiplayer is still better but I had to get through campaign to unlock new stuff to use in multi.
--
Game 8: Summon Night 5 | 25 hours | Finished: January

9d4025c2dc.jpg

Kinda rushed the game near the end since I was getting bored but it was fun in the end. If only the PSP wasn't holding it back, it could've been better. Hope the next game comes over.
--
Game 9: Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (Multiplayer) | 300 hours | February

O2DFRHa.jpg

A game ruined by Activision's greed with supply drops. I reached master prestige, done with the game.
--
Game 10: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth | 80 hours | February

mbGT8kF.jpg

Best Digimon game I've played. The ending sucked but everything before it was awesome.
--
Game 11: Black Desert Online | 1000+ hours | May

g1r3jEN.jpg

what happened to March and April? Black Desert happened. MMOs are such timesinks. This game's future doesn't look too bright so I'm bailing out. Was fun to play with the GAF guild though.
--
Game 12: Noble Works | 15 hours | May

lmeYHcJ.jpg

It was alright. Premise was interesting at the beginning but near the end it just kinda falls apart.
--
Game 13: Dark Souls III | 50 hours | May

3IbgGOX.jpg

Least favorite game in the series for sure but it did have a few good parts at least. Ended up getting all the achievements of course.
I didn't even finish the Old Hunters DLC so I might skip DS3's and check someone play through part of it on youtube first or something.
--
Game 14: Princess Evangile | 30 hours | May

LVTeeSA.jpg

Generic premise plus generic characters equals generic game I guess.
--
Game 15: Sharin no Kuni | 20 hours | May

rwT87Gh.jpg

This was a really good VN. Can't believe I haven't heard more people talk about it. The world and characters were interesting and it had that awesome cold and calculating main character type that we don't see enough of.
--
Game 16: Zero Time Dilemma | 20 hours | July

spLe3L3.jpg

A disappointing end to the trilogy but I'm glad it happened anyways.
--
Game 17: Warframe | 300 hours | July

xJZR563.jpg

Yet another MMO timesink. Probably the last one, there doesn't seem to be any other good MMOs to play.
--
Game 18: Koiken Otome | 15 hours | July

KgecU6y.jpg

It was interesting the first half then it turned into a pretty generic harem story.

Original post

DX6TbN3l.jpg

3. Amplitude (PS4, 2016) - 2:48
Campaign completed with all bonus songs on Intermediate.

Harmonix has been very good lately at putting out games that feel like current-generation proofs of concepts that their old franchises can still work in the modern era. Rock Band 4 felt like a solid platform that was nevertheless a bit barebones to start. Amplitude is similar: strong mechanics, somewhat lacking in content.

Its campaign heavily encourages repetition due to its one-and-done nature: there are three bonus tracks you can unlock in the camapaign, but you must score a minimum amount in each of the three parts of the campaign to do so. You can't replay individual tracks in a campaign, either; if you've finished a track and didn't bother to replay it immediately, that score is locked in until you reset your progress. This feels like a way to artificially extend the life of the game.

That said, I did enjoy the music Harmonix crafted for the campaign--the electropop vibe is right up my alley, and with few exceptions, it was easy to get into the groove. You also unlock a selection of tracks for quickplay mode, a collection of tracks from various indie game composers and Harmonix game alums like Freezepop. Unfortunately, the 30 songs you'll find in Frequency are all you'll ever get, if you believe Harmonix; they've said there's no plans for DLC. It's too bad, because Amplitude is a solid platform to build on.

Main post

Game #4: Pony Island (PC, Daniel Mullins Games, 2016) - ★★★★★★★★☆☆

Early on, I was a little worried that it was a game that was trying too hard. Ultimately, it did fairly well for itself as far as mind-bending fun goes. It has a very nice puzzle gameplay mechanic, and exploring the boundaries of the game was fun. Without trying to give too much away, I can just say that Pony Island may not be quite as good at what it does as Undertale and The Stanley Parable are, but very few games are. Got the standard ending.

BraXzy

Been playing on my mobile recently.

ZbNDeRI.png

GAME 4: Hearthstone - 10+ hours multi - 07/01/2016 - PC + Android

My favourite game for on the go. Beautifully presented and well polished. Say what you will about RNG, it passes the time!

0x7slgk.png

GAME 5: Lara Croft: GO - 3.5 Hours - 07/01/2016 - Android

Lovely art style, soothing soundtrack, a great little turn-based puzzler. New mechanics added often to keep it fresh. Slightly short though. May have to try Hitman!

Oreoleo

The List!
Full Impressions

4. Octodad: Dadliest Catch - 2.7 Hours
wF9MsyP.jpg

I wasn't quite as enamored with this game as I was hoping to be. It was cute, it was charming, it was occasionally funny. But the gameplay doesn't quite hold up for me. I think this style of game where the difficulty is in the intentionally abstracted/challenging movement (see also: Surgeon Simulator 2013) just isn't for me. I still enjoyed Octodad enough to beat it and do the extra side levels, but that was only after I realized I can only play it in half hour chunks before everything starts to fall on the bad side of tedious. I'm sort of torn, where on one hand the game feels somewhat half-baked, but on the other hand I feel like I didn't quite exhaust everything the game has to offer as I want to go back to get some achievements and better times on the levels. For better or worse, Octodad feels like a Dreamworks movie (as opposed to a Pixar movie), and I can't help but think it would have been more successful in that medium as opposed to a game with clunky controls.

ZUHEQKK.jpg

Game 1. Please, Don’t Touch Anything (iOS); Playtime: ~3.5 hours; All Endings Achieved; completed on 1/1/2016
I started this at the end of last year, but I finished it out this year. I really liked the music and approach to the overall game. It was fun, and a lot of the puzzles were pretty tricky. Although, some puzzles were pretty tricky, I needed help figuring out a few. Despite that, the puzzles were fun to figure out. I bought this on iOS before I realized it was actually a PC game that was on sale for dirt cheap in the steam sale. I’d say it was worth $5, but I would probably recommend others play this on PC. One of the endings involves a mini-game that was a bit trickier with touch than it probably was with a mouse on PC. Still, I had fun with the game and I would say it’s definitely worth a try.

ubRvCsj.jpg

Game 2. Into the Dim (iOS); Playtime: ~3.5 hours; cleared the game; completed on 1/2/2016
This really wasn’t a fun game for me. It started out ok, the gameplay was basic but fun at first and combined with it being free meant that I was a little forgiving towards it. After a while things just got too frustrating. If you die (and you will die many times) you only respawn with one health, and the enemies have a very easy time finding you and wiping you out. Ads are present and help you either get a second life in the dungeon or help you get coins for upgrades. Ultimately they feel intrusive and take away from the experience because they’re mostly necessary to get through some levels and you absolutely need the upgrades. It feels like the game pushes the IAPs for coins to heal you, buy upgrades and speed up said upgrades too much. By the end of my time with the game I mostly disliked it and was ready to get it over with. I wouldn’t recommend it. There are plenty of other free games that are far more worth playing than this one.

Czy6ZxQ.jpg

Game 3. Until Dawn (PS4); Playtime: ~10.5 hours; Platinum Achieved; completed on 1/7/2016
Until Dawn is a fantastic game. They totally nailed the atmosphere; I was on the edge of my seat throughout most of the mid to late game. I feel like they got the characters down well, particularly because they provided a mix of characters you hated and liked. It was fun seeing everything unfold, and I was always excited to dive back in and uncover more clues and progress through the story. The totems were also a fun idea that helped give an interesting twist to the gameplay and decision-making. I would love to see an Until Dawn 2, hopefully the game sold well enough to justify it. I would definitely recommend this game to PS4 owners (only if you either don’t mind or like horror, obviously).

5VZHWq4.jpg

Game 4. Emily is Away (PC); Playtime: 47 mins; unlocked all achievements; completed on 1/7/2016
Going in I thought I would enjoy this game, but I came out feeling like it was just an ok experience. Not bad, not great. Getting the achievements was actually pretty fun. The AIM interface and the sound effects were nostalgic too. Perhaps my own expectations shot me in the foot here, but I didn’t feel that strongly about this game one way or another. Then again, I guess that sort of fits what the dev. might have been going for. Either way, it’s free, so I’d say it’s at least worth a try.

Up next is Undertale, time to see if it lives up to the hype. After that maybe Steins;Gate, Dropsy or something else I got during the Steam sale. I'm also currently playing Downwell, Hitman Go and Divide by Sheep on the side.

Original Post

Ooh this thread. I was extremely busy towards the end of 2015 so I forgot to update my tally there, but then again it would have been 30 games or so.

I kind of stopped tracking after I realized that I was playing games to fill up my numbers, not because I actually wanted to play them first.

Then I tossed those games aside and started playing what I really wanted, and the games were ... pretty long. Like, 60+ hours long. Not recommended for this challenge. But I'm content with my decision, I wouldn't have liked to play a bunch of 1-2 hour filler games to rack my score up to 52 games.

With Bravely Second, Fire Emblem Fates, Dragon Quest VII and VIII coming out on the 3DS this year I will most likely be abstaining for the 2016 challenge. Those are some solid 500 - 600 hours of playtime right there. But I guess there's always a chance I somehow end up with 52+ games completed by the end of 2016 of course.

Come on, you must have loved some of those scenes? :D I only played this for a second time recently, didn't enjoy it as much at launch. I totally loved it this time round, but it's because I played all the games in the Legacy Collection in order of release, the story was all fresh and loved how 4 brought a lot of it together, some brilliant moments and was so much more effective. I wasn't that impressed with the gameplay though as I thought it was too easy to just follow the map and head to the next area, for the next cut scene. So yeah, was basically playing it for the cut scenes...

Hm, sorry, not really. I guess I liked the idea of the Beats in general. But then their stories are presented in such an over-the top-narrative by Drebin ("She's the beast of beasts, Snake!") and the cutscenes that try to evoke compassioon for them their boobs are bouncing around like crazy. It's just not for me, I guess. I'm still interested what he's working on with Sony. Maybe leaving the Gear narrative behind opens him up and lets him focus on a tighter game with less redundancy,

9uQiNRv.png

49:46h. Finished Story and most sidequests, engaging post-game now. And thusly the Zenithian Trilogy ends. This was, in my opinion, the weakest game of the IV-V-VI triad. It tried to have a meaty story like V, engaging characters like IV, and a good level of personalization like III, and got halfway there in all counts. The Vocation system takes away a good chunk of the identity of the characters, making them basically stat bags, and the story was a confusing, if charming, mess about parallel dimensions and alternate versions of characters.

Also, the combat is easy, until you get to the final boss
and the bonus boss
which are strikingly hard and WILL catch you unprepared, at least the first time you face them.

Still, DQVI is, at worst, a nice, light, long JRPG, that oozes all the Dragon Quest charm and it's definitely worth your time. It's just... not DQV. Most DQ diehards say that I'm wrong and DQVI is actually the strongest game in the Zenithian Trilogy, so...

Updated OP

OP

Finished my first game a couple nights ago by beating Jamestown, nearly 5 years after first playing it. Decided to start over from a new save file though and finished after around 3 hours.

I'm nearly done with Lightning Returns after around 40 hours of play, though probably going to keep playing it until I finish all of the achievements. It will leave me 1 achievement short of completing the XIII trilogy on Steam. I should probably actually play another Final Fantasy game some day soon.

Also got Code: Realize on Vita and have been playing through that.

Meia

I ridiculously failed last year, but I intend to follow through with this one. In fact, I've done something rather unheard of for me: Actually playing games I buy on a steam sale! :O

On that note:

header.jpg

GAME #1 - Shantae: Risky's Revenge - 5 hours

Haven't played a 2D platformer in a long time, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I had bought this for the iOS originally after the Shantae Kickstarter, but was put off by the controls on it(no surprise there). Steam sale had it for cheap, so decided to buy it and play through it on the PC.

latest

Game #2 - Shantae and The Pirate's Curse - 6 hours 27 minutes

Got all the collectibles, and refused to kill squids for more health, because I'm not a monster. Made the ultimate boss rough since he one shots with that little health, but use of Auto-Potions saved it. Was worried going into about the lack of a magic system in comparison to the first, but the pirate items proved much more entertaining. Screw the last dungeon though... :\

Thoughts on the series overall: Rottytops is fucking adorable.

Bowlie

Banned
Game #03 - Glitchhikers [PC] (20 minutes, finished in January 8)
diFPhP8.png

This is one of those games that people should get into without much information. Just know that the radio host says the first song you listen to is from David Lynch. Play it at night (it's a short experience), and lose yourself in thoughts while driving.

Original Post

2016 summary (part 1)

2. Battlefield 4 (PS4) - 7th January - approx. 7-8 hours, completed the campaign on Easy and have played two multiplayer matches
I bought this initially as a friend was coming over and he usually likes this kind of modern military shooter, but he turned out not to have a great deal of interest in it so I finished playing by myself over a couple of nights. I'm not a big multiplayer gamer so my interest was mainly in the campaign, but despite some cool features and neat set-pieces, I found it very frequently frustrating, there's far too much of 'Press square to do thing' and following team-mates waiting for them to do things, or conversations to trigger, and I encountered a lot of glitches such as being shot through geometry, bodies floating in mid-air, unable to swim up in water (the first water section on the Titan was completely broken and seriously frustrating for me because the controls were fucked), a section where I had to get in a boat which disappeared and I had to load the checkpoint again, and so on. I also couldn't care less about the plot, and I was genuinely amused by how many team-mates join you for one level and then die. I'm not sure if it was supposed to make you care more about your consistent team-mates more, but I honestly found it so badly handled and quite amusing. The plot as a whole was completely pointless and very poor. Despite all this, the gameplay is good, the integration of the vehicles is excellent although there definitely should have been more, and the choice of weapons and secondary items (C4, mines, etc) was very broad, allowing quite a bit of variety in how you approach levels. There are some cool set-pieces, but the game needed more downtime in between all the bombast, and should have had more larger levels with bigger-scale battles and vehicles in the mix. 6/10

Next up: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)

Dr. Buni

Game 4: Super Mario Galaxy [Wii (PC/Dolphin)] --- 61 stars got.

MYgdmsU.png

I am not going to waste my time typing a huge 'review' for a game everyone knows it is amazing. I do want to say though that I forgot how amazing Mario Galaxy was. The level design is unbelievably good. Like seriously, it's a game with a lot of replay value but not only because there are a lot of stuff to collect, but because the levels are just really fun to replay.

Also, that ending still give me chills. Also also, incredible final boss song is incredible (the SMG2 version is even better tho).

I am going to replay Super Mario Galaxy 2 soon. Back then I thought it was a fantastic game but not as memorable as the first one. I wonder if my opinion will change?

nadnerb 64

Neo Member
Claimed and challanged accepted

Game 1: Hotline Miami (Vita) Great and challanging Shoot em up with lots of tatcis and hectic gameplay

Game 2:persona 4 Golden (Vita) Plugged a lot of time wher I should have been working into it. I literally could not put it down.

Game 3: Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) A great sequel to the first one./ Bought it on launch but got sucked into Fallout 4, actually finished this right on the other side of the new year and played some of the challange modes

Game 4: Minecraft story Mode Episode 4 (Xbox one ) No spoilers but a sad ending

Full List
TombRaider2013.jpg

Game 5: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) - Duration Played: Story completed, 71% according to game
Played about 1/2 of this game last year and returning to my hard-mode play through was a bit annoying at first but once I got used to the controls again I enjoyed it. This game is pretty huge and I was impressed by how large but well-crafted the game world was and despite its size it was never frustrating to navigate.

Gunplay was actually very responsive and fluid. On hard mode I still felt I could break out of cover and carefully fire some shots to push enemies back. The AI is solid too and will retreat if you pressure them. It hit the right difficulty for me in most firefights. The puzzles in the game are surprisingly nice too and remind me a lot of Tomb Raider Anniversary at times though its a shame that some are locked away in secret tombs. The platforming is a step up from Uncharted but the move to climbing-focused from the traditional Tomb Raider careful jumping is a bit disappointing.

On the other hand I had some issues with the game too. XP and leveling system felt completely pointless and by the end I would quickly open the menu and develop weapons/assign skill points without reading anything at all because the impact most abilities had on gameplay seemed minimal. The amount of collectibles is kind of ridiculous as well and while I like the level design in the game I don't really get a desire to explore from it.

Finally the action. Tomb Raider may have too much action in it. It was starting to become funny how often I was escaping a building, falling, sliding down slopes, and watching other horrible things happen to Lara. Most accompanied with QTEs as well. The final moments of the game
unfold with QTEs which started disappointing but I forgive it for the last QTE being a dual-pistol wielding Lara, which made me smile ear-to-ear.
Overall though I'm very impressed with this reboot and really want to give Rise of the Tomb Raider a try now.

OP

SCx8OEg.png

Completed: 999. Not sure how many hours I spent honestly, but I'll just put it down as "plenty"
I don't even know how to do a write up without spoiling the game, and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a few of the twists. Very compelling, and I can't wait to play the sequel. 9/10, due to some elements and plot lines that went nowhere, and not on purpose either. I unfortunately no longer have my DS and thus played the inferior iOS version, though I wouldn't take quality points off for that. I'm going to get a hold of a friend with a DS and play the puzzles ASAP.

(am I doing this posting thing right?)

3Z8br

Completed: Final Fantasy Type 0
30ish hours to platinum. Gameplay was mostly fun but I hated the standard end and I'm speed running the second play through to get one I won't hate. So very over the fabula nova crystalaliumalalala thing.

waby

Completed:

In Progress:

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
- I'm at Novingrad doing a lot of side quest. I should be heading to Skellige but I'm so distracted with all of the other stuff lol.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Bought this last Holiday sale on Origin. This is on my list for sometime now. I'm currently at Warden Main quest with the DA2 hero. Also, I'm clearing every area I went so this will be a little longer I think.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
- Bought this last Holiday sale on Steam. Currently at Chapter 1 at Bose.

FreDouheret

Neo Member
Hello! My first posting and is the first time I'll try something so ambitious.
Guys pardon my English

Completed 2/52:

Game 01: The Beginner's Guide [2015] (PC Steam ~ 108 minutes. I finished the game in just one night.)

It is a game made for people with experience in life and many games played.
At various stages of the game I felt loneliness. One particular moment I felt a little desire to shed a tear.
I do not know if we can call it a game. A tale? Even so. Amazing. 9 of 10.

Game 02: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing [2015] (Xbox One ~ 31h)

Diablo game style. Kill without mercy. Catch all the things that fall to the ground and have your partner go sell the most useless. Just like Torchlight!
And unlike the Torchlight your partner level up and kills!
The loading time between levels in the Xbox version is a drag. (7 of 10)

Game #03 - God of War: Ascension

Mc1eu1t.jpgg

Boy is this ever a game that I wish I finished all at once. I started the game in October or so, and finally picked it up again over the last couple of days. I had burnt through four other games in the series in a row, so I was pretty burnt out on the games at the time. The thing I forgot in returning here, however, was that you have to press X to counter. I played through the entirety of the second half of this game without using counterattacks. That bread and butter actually fun part of the combat. I finally just accidentally stumbled on them this morning in the final gauntlet leading up to the end of the game.

Suddenly the difficulty went way way down. Go figure.

Anyway, the game itself is insanely pretty, and the combat is solid. I appreciate the attempt to diversify the abilities in a series with very very samey fights, but the way the elemental attacks and upgrade paths were handled were just poor. Giving you a variety of attacks, but having it take half of the game to unlock core abilities to those additional elements just sucked all of the awe out of that shiny new weapon feel. Any new element felt inherently weaker than your first since that's where your upgrades were. I enjoyed the system by the end of the game after all of my upgrades were in, but it just felt really half-made outside of that.

They do get points for some really rad secondary abilities this time around.

Up next is probably God of War III Remastered to finally put a cap on this franchise for me. I skipped over the original version while playing through the PS3 Saga collection since I knew it was on the way, and I picked it up cheap over the holidays.

Dr. Buni

Game 5: Sonic Generations [3DS] --- Roughly 4 hours played.

NK5PfLR.png

I am glad I got this game for cheap, because it is the definition of mediocre. The game never reaches any highs and it is never boring enough to be considered bad. It's just... meh. Not even the soundtrack is that great, because some of the remixes are quite bad, if I have to be honest.

The best thing about it is seeing how stages of modern Sonic games would look like if they were made as classic games instead. Pretty neat.

Smilax

Game 2:
sonic_zps89d71b81.jpg

I love me some Sonic games, and this was a dream come true when it first released. However, I never got to get a chance to play it till later. My thoughts of it now in 2016 on PC are the same I had when I played it on PS3, the best. The best Sonic experience without all the extra padded story loaded into it. A game that was made for the fans but can be enjoyed by many others.

I say its worth the price, has lots of collectibles and challenges to do, but if you only wanna do the main story, I recommend waiting till its on sale.

The next game I'll be playing will be...

8QZPGQw.jpg

I stopped on Big the Cat's story... oh lord haha, well I gotta finish it!

Original Post

Game 3 - Guitar Hero: Van Halen (PS3)
Well, not much innovation on the gameplay front. The series was pretty much identical from World Tour to Warriors of Rock. Was definitely a victim of series oversaturation with Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, Van Halen and Greatest Hits all released within three months. DJ Hero too but that doesn't really count. Van Halen soundtack was solid though. Mix of your classics like Panama, Hot for Teacher, Jump and Eddie's solos and deeper cuts like Atomic Punk and Little Guitars. Guests are technically rubbish for a Van Halen game (thanks Wolfgang) but would be solid in a main line game with Queen's I Want It All, Judas Priest's Painkiller and some other good, varied picks. Was as fun as Guitar Hero always is but might as well of been a big DLC for Guitar Hero 5 at the time.

OP

Game 4: Super Mario Galaxy [Wii (PC/Dolphin)] --- 61 stars got.

MYgdmsU.png

I am not going to waste my time typing a huge 'review' for a game everyone knows it is amazing. I do want to say though that I forgot how amazing Mario Galaxy was. The level design is unbelievably good. Like seriously, it's a game with a lot of replay value but not only because there are a lot of stuff to collect, but because the levels are just really fun to replay.

Also, that ending still give me chills. Also also, incredible final boss song is incredible (the SMG2 version is even better tho).

I am going to replay Super Mario Galaxy 2 soon. Back then I thought it was a fantastic game but not as memorable as the first one. I wonder if my opinion will change?

I reeeaaalllyyy need to go back and finish the frist one an ten actually open and play the second.....

Link to OP: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190927712&postcount=33

Game 5: Gravity Rush: Remastered + All DLC (Maid Pack, Spy Pack, Military Pack) - (PS4)
3yoHaGA.png

Finished 1/9/16 (Platinum)
Time to complete: Around 14 hours

I managed to nab a copy of the LE at launch, posted about it, then probably got beat to clearing the game by everybody else I convinced to buy it. It's all Steam's fault!

This is an absolutely amazing port, Bluepoint Games did a fantastic job. Solid 60FPS with no drops, much improved texture quality, improved geometry and draw distance, high-def 2D stills. Also provides a lot of value as all the previously released DLC is packed in.

That said, while the game is still excellent fun, the gameplay doesn't hold up as well as I remember... the reason I had to take a break is because I got bored - GRR failed to hold my interest for an extended period. Perhaps it's because I had already cleared it once before?

5/52 Completed

0.10% Downloaded

Hotline Miami (PS4) - January 10, 2016

SteamWorld Dig (PS4) - January 24, 2016

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360) - February 5, 2016

Street Fighter II: World Warrior (SNES) 7 difficulty (Hardest) - February 7, 2016

Firewatch (PS4) - February 10, 2016

I'm recording all of my playthroughs. If I can't record it, I can't play it. Everything is streamed and uploaded to my Youtube channel. Going to add the links later once the playthroughs are uploaded.

Side note.

Still no update to Dragon Fin Soup. Game was almost completed until the game breaking glitch hit me.I need that patch! :-(

Anustart

I'm gonna be more vigilant this year I can feel it.

Will come back and edit this to be more presentable once I'm on my computer.

List so far!

EDIT: I did it! I didn't include games I only played for a couple minutes, and I'm at 54 as of now. Probably stay there as I won't be starting anything new!!

2586849-hexcells+plus+logo.png

Hexcells Plus
-Beat this 100% just now. Excellent puzzle game that kept me coming back. I was hesitant to get this because it looked like a minesweeper clone from the video on steam, but it's so much more. Anxious to get the others in the series eventually. Time for a break now though. Recommend this to anyone who likes any puzzle games.

Mario 3d World
-Beat 100%. Absolutely fantastic game as well. Probably one of my favorite mario's in a long time. Leagues above 3D Land, which was good, but nothing near this one!

NSMB U
-Beat 100%. Great 2D mario. I know GAF just loves to hate on the New series, but I love em. Keep em coming Nintendo, I'll buy it.

Wind Waker HD
-In progress. Feeling like a chore. I think my tastes might not align with 3D zeldas anymore. I liked this game on it's original release and remember nothing about it, but I feel the series has grown extremely stale, and that applies to replaying an older one as well.

DKC TF
-In progress. Loving this one just as much as DKC R before it. If you liked that one, you'll feel at home here. If you hated the first, don't come back as it's more of the same (amazing) game.

Nintendo land
-Really love some of the games in this one. Namely, Crash Course, Fruit Cart, Metroid, and some others. Haven't played in a while but most of the attractions here are great.

Runner 2
-Done with this one I think. Beat all the levels on Hardest setting and liked it as well as the first runner. Great experience and fun challenge.

Spelunky
-Put a few more hours into this in the last few days. Game is really starting to shine. I've only made it to the 3rd area (ice), but want to keep pressing further! If you don't like starting over every game, don't look at this one. All others, it's fully recommended.

Nintendo Badge Arcade
-I'm liking this software, but have noticed after placing a few badges my homescreen takes a while to load now. Not much of a game, but nice for customizing your 3DS!

Stretchmo
-I think I liked the first game a lot more. This one is ok, but I can only play a couple of levels at a time before I put it down.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
-This one surprised me. Only purchased two of the minigames so far, but each of em has been a blast. Will write more on it once I've got em all.

Final Fantasy 13
-Oiy. This thing is a slog. I play 10 minutes every 2 months. I guess it counts as I put in my dues just today before shutting it right back down. Maybe I'll beat this this year. Sad to think too, because I loved 1-12 in the series but this one is a fucking turd so far.

December 11th update! No update in a while!
Gonna be a bare-bones list with short comments!

Rocket League : Loving it. Really got me hooked at this point.
Prison Architect: Playing this one a lot recently, got past the tutorials finally and having a blast.
Mass Effect
Dead Space 2
Dangerous Golf
Galak-Z
The Banner Saga
The Beginner's Guide: Junk.
Runner2
Borderlands 2
A Boy and His Blob
Crypt of the Necrodancer: Not liking this thing.
Darksiders 2
DOOM: Repetitive
Expand: Pretty boring.
Epistory
Fallout 4
Game of Thrones TellTale
Goat Simulator
GooCubelets
Grand Theft Auto V
Grim Fandango: Not my type.
Hexcells Infinite
Jackbox Party Pack 2
Drawful 2
Human Resource Machine
Lethal League
Monaco
Mount Your Friends
Octodad
Orcs Must Die
Overcooked
Oxenfree: JUNK
Pirate Pop Plus
Poker Night
Race the Sun
Shovel Knight
Slayaway Camp: meh.
SOMA: Amazing.
Styx
Super Time Force
Wolfenstein

Voliko

1.)Xenoblade X (70 hours)
2.)Resident Evil 3 (8 hours)

RE 3 was pretty good, probably better than 2, but I don't really care about ranking the games when they are all great. The backgrounds are great once again, and some of settings stood out. Loved the clock tower. So comfy. I like the Nemesis gimmick, but the ammo making would have been better if they had toned down on handing out the gunpowder. The story is pretty shit but that's par for the course.

Smilax

Game 3:
8QZPGQw.jpg

Whats to say about the Steam port of SADX? Well, its not that bad. There is a mod to making it run better and look better then what is currently offered and the game play is still "solid" to an extent. You are going to run into a lot of glitches, some good and some really bad. I really only liked the first half of the game, consisting of Sonic, Tails and Kunckles, as the other three characters are just boring in my opinion. IF you are looking around to playing this game, make sure to check out the mod if you can find it. If you are considering buying it, wait till it hits on sale.

With that said, My next game is:
header.jpg

I never got around to buying it on the 3DS, but I heard a lot of good things about it so I bought the game at launch when it hit steam. I'm gonna have fun with this one!

Original Post

Game #1

Box Boy
black-logo.jpg

Platform
: 3DS
Duration: Mid-Dec. 2015 - 1/3/2016
Completed: All 22 Worlds plus all Crowns
Thoughts: One of the most charming and thoughtful games I played last year, Box Boy is a puzzle game anyone can get in to. You can think of fun and inventive ways on how to reach the goal. The music was pretty nice too. However, it can be very challenging but the best part on how to counter that is to pay for a hint using the coins you earn by just walking around with your 3DS in sleep mode. Perfect if you're traveling and really want to solve one part of a stage so you can be on your venture. If you have a 3DS, don't be a dummy and pick this up.

Dammit, I realized that I never claimed a masterpost due to my travels around the time the thread was posted. I'll claim this as my masterpost and write my first blurbs about the games soon (I always write a bit much, so it won't fit in the masterpost). I have a pretty sad history of getting very close to beating this challenge and then failing down the stretch, two years in a row. 42 in 2014 and 45 in 2015. I'm already off to a sad start considering that I had finished 6 games by this time last year. Anyhow, here's to a better 2015!

2014 SUMMARY | 2015 SUMMARY

Game 1: Heroes Rise: The Prodigy - 4 hours - January 9th, 2016

Game 2: Emily is Away - 34 minutes - January 9th, 2016

Game 3: Heroes Rise: The Hero Project - 6 hours - January 12th, 2016

Game 4: Heroes Rise: HeroFall - 5 hours - January 13th, 2016

Game 5: Three Fourths Home - 45 minutes - January 14th, 2016

Game 6: Civilization: Beyond Earth - 6 hours - January 22nd, 2016

Game 7: Dust: An Elysian Tail - 6+ hours - January 25th, 2016

Game 8: The Witness - 30+ hours - February 20th, 2016

Game 9: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - 32 hours, 53 minutes - February 27th, 2016

Game 10: Assault Android Cactus - 4 hours - March 20th, 2016

Game 11: Lifeline - ??? hours - March 27th, 2016

Game 12: Elite Beat Agents - 4 hours, 5 minutes - April 4th, 2016

Game 13: Amplitude - 2 hours+ - April 8th, 2016

Game 14: WarioWare: Touched! - 3 hours, 14 minutes - April 10th, 2016

Game 15: MLB the Show 16 - 20+ hours - May 10th, 2016

Game 16: AdVenture Capitalist - 14 hours - May 13th, 2016

Game 17: Chameleon Run - 1ish hours - May 14th, 2016

Game 18: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 14 hours, 44 minutes, 41 seconds - May 18th, 2016

Game 19: Vanquish - 4 hours, 9 minutes, 47 seconds - May 19th, 2016

Game 20: Gunman Clive - 47 minutes, 34 seconds - May 21st, 2016

Game 21: Broforce - 6+ hours - May 22nd, 2016

Game 22: DOOM - 12 hours - May 23rd, 2016

Game 23: Velocity Ultra - 5+ hours - May 28th, 2016

Game 24: Cibele - 56 minutes - May 31st, 2016

Game 25: Limbo - 2 hours - June 3rd, 2016

Game 26: The Unfinished Swan - 2.5 hours - June 16th, 2016

Game 27: Theme Hospital - 12 hours - June 16th, 2016

Game 28: XCOM: Enemy Within - 25.6 hours - June 20th, 2016

Game 29: The Banner Saga - 8 hours - June 21st, 2016

Game 30: The Banner Saga 2 - 7.3 hours - June 25th, 2016

Game 31: _PRISM - 2 hours (?) - June 29th, 2016

Game 32: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All - 16 hours - July 2nd, 2016

Game 33: Overwatch - 37 hours - July 18th, 2016

Game 34: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 42 hours, 56 minutes - July 18th, 2016

Game 35: Furi - 3 hours - July 19th, 2016

Game 36: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - 10 hours, 53 minutes - July 22nd, 2016

Game 37: Zero Time Dilemma - 16 hours, 44 minutes - July 27th, 2016

Game 38: Luftrausers - 2 hours+ - July 28th, 2016

Game 39: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine - 19 hours, 33 minutes - August 8, 2016

Game 40: Zenge - 1+ hour - August 18, 2016

Game 41: 80 Days - 1+ hour - August 29, 2016

Game 42: Lumines: Puzzle & Music - 4+ hours - September 14, 2016

Game 43: Battlefield 4 - 6+ hours - September 16, 2016

Game 44: Picross 3D Round 2 - 32 hours, 26 minutes - September 22, 2016

Game 45: Actual Sunlight - 1.5ish hours - October 5, 2016

Game 46: SteamWorld Dig - 4 hours, 15 minutes - October 29, 2016

Game 47: Battlefield 1 - 23 hours - October 31, 2016

Game 48: SteamWorld Heist - 11 hours, 56 minutes - November 2, 2016

Game 49: Never Alone - 2 hours, 30+ minutes - November 2, 2016

Game 50: Titanfall 2 - 6 hours - November 15, 2016

Game 51: Dishonored Definitive Edition (with The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches) - 20 hours - November 18-21, 2016

Game 52: Dishonored 2 - 14 hours, 22 minutes - November 28, 2016

Game 53: Final Fantasy XV - 30ish hours - December 2, 2016

Game 54: Steins;Gate 0 - 23 hours, 57 minutes - December 9, 2016

KEZxO77.png

Game 55: HITMAN - 9ish hours - December 16, 2016

In Progress

1. Valkyria Chronicles
    League of Legends
    Lara Croft GO
    Sorcery! 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Loren the Amazon Princess
    Driveclub
    Ace Attorney 2
    Helldivers
    Downwell
    Steins;Gate
    FF7 PS4

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so how does this work for short games that you are supposed to finish multiple times?

like, I just finished Dyscourse, well 1 run of it. You can finish it in about 45mins - 1 hour, with the idea being to play again with different choices (if you choose to).

is that 1 run enough to count it as finishing it for this thread purposes?

so how does this work for short games that you are supposed to finish multiple times?

like, I just finished Dyscourse, well 1 run of it. You can finish it in about 45mins - 1 hour, with the idea being to play again with different choices (if you choose to).

is that 1 run enough to count it as finishing it for this thread purposes?

My understanding, per the first post, is that it is up to you:

How do I know when I've completed a game?
That's up to you, it could be completing the game or playing 10hrs+ if it has no ending or a MP game. You can do replays, as long as all the games are completed in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom