• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie stan: Bernie Will Win the Nomination and Presidency in a Landslide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotguy

Ben "the pyramids were used for grain storage" Carson?
Ben "I totally tried to murder my friend, believe me" Carson?
Ben "You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery" Carson
Ben "a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they’re gay" Carson

HUELEN10

Landslide? Not a chance in hell. I'm even skeptical of him winning the nomination, and that will be hard enough. Then again, such a grandiose idea for a Democratic candidate from HuffPo shouldn't surprise me. It reminds me of the National Review predicting that Romney would run away with the election. Just not realistic.
To be fair, Huff Post while a unique read, can be a little on the dash of extremes. Wouldn't be the first time.

Bernie takes the lead in two polls, and suddenly, he's the favorite?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super down with Bernie being the nominee, because I think he would do better than many of the Clinton naysayers think and is a much more compelling candidate overall, but this kind of hyperbole shows why Sanders supporters tend to look more like fanboys than rational political actors.

LaNaranja

V0zl2XU.png

Ferrio

Banned
Bernie winning with Hillary as his running mate to handle the foreign affairs stuff would be a-okay with me.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We will never reach that point where the mainstream media or Hillary diehards take Bernie seriously, because they are super sure that they have all the money, all the donors, all the name recognition and all of the support.

But that's okay, because Bernie doesn't need the backing of those people who don't have principles to have a clear message that resonates with people.

This is just one reason why the American politic is so fucked. Power is not everything.

The three reasons above (as well as the possibility of the FBI ending Clinton's campaign with future revelations) reflect an undercurrent of support that will become a nationwide phenomenon after Iowa and New Hampshire. I explain why I'm only voting for Bernie Sanders in this 60 second YouTube segment.

Yes, I'm sure in the land where the FBI is going to end Clinton's campaign, Sanders is going to win the nomination in a fucking landslide

Sure, completely realistic.

Bernie takes the lead in two polls, and suddenly, he's the favorite?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super down with Bernie being the nominee, because I think he would do better than many of the Clinton naysayers think and is a much more compelling candidate overall, but this kind of hyperbole shows why Sanders supporters tend to look more like fanboys than rational political actors.
I'm totally with you, but there are numbers other than the polls that back up his momentum.

His support is bigger than Trumps, and not racist. There's something to be said for that.

Monocle

We will never reach that point where the mainstream media or Hillary diehards take Bernie seriously, because they are super sure that they have all the money, all the donors, all the name recognition and all of the support.

But that's okay, because Bernie doesn't need the backing of those people who don't have principles to have a clear message that resonates with people.
Oh.

...what on earth was that article? I was expecting some actual reasoning for the prediction but it was just a fanboy gushing. The closest it got to substance was pointing out Sander's achievements in motivating grassroot support, but the article failed in articulating how this would win the election, let alone in a landslide.

...what on earth was that article? I was expecting some actual reasoning for the prediction but it was just a fanboy gushing. The closest it got to substance was pointing out Sander's achievements in motivating grassroot support, but the article failed in articulating how this would win the election, let alone in a landslide.

What's crazy is we already have a thread about why Bernie can win in 2016 and it's on the front page right now. I'm honestly perplexed what this adds.

Other than some guy at HuffPo letting us know that the FBI could indict Clinton.

Bernie winning with Hillary as his running mate to handle the foreign affairs stuff would be a-okay with me.

Foreign Policy is probably the single worst thing about Hillary. She learned nothing from the failure in Libya and wants to pursue the same nonsense in Syria. I honestly prefer Bernie's evasive non-answers to Hillary doubling-down on the same old policy and strategy that has been a disaster in every regard.

This is just one reason why the American politic is so fucked. Power is not everything.
And in the last decade, where were all those good Americans with principles in the midterms?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I like Bernie, I will vote for Bernie, but I can't deny I'd probably get more joy from watching Hillary get her coronation ruined again than Bernie winning.

Inuhanyou

Yes, i went there. If a person is going to throw their sword down to support someone like Hillary over the facts, who is the very nature of the beast called money in politics, i will say that principles are not something that person has.

Unless said person is coming mentally clean into the voting season thinking that everyone is just playing fair and there's no such thing as influencing factors like special interest money, or corporate favors, or media narratives based on who owns what and has stakes in who, i will say that voting for Hillary or the GOP right now is essentially perpetuating a system of governance that turns ever closer towards fascism and oligarchy.

I. am. not. kidding.

Having principles doesn't mean inflexibly expecting the world to adopt them wholesale. I prefer Bernie to Hillary, for the very reasons most Bernie supporters have stated, but I also understand that voting in Hillary Clinton will inch us closer to Bernie's message than will allowing Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, or Donald Trump to take office in the wake of the far left's apathy. Nominating Ginsbergian Supreme Court justices will allow whatever gains the left does make in the next 10-15 years to be solidified, and at the very least, Hillary will be beholden enough to polls to not allow deregulation of the financial industry to creep in, as a Republican might. You can argue that Hillary won't really make things particularly better, and that's your prerogative, but allowing things to actively get worse under a Republican is just a foolish betrayal of the things Bernie actually stands for. That's not to even mention the reality that Congressional gridlock basically ensures that a Bernie presidency will not look THAT different from a Clinton one, in terms of actual policies adopted.

Damaniel

Banned
Not likely. I'd certainly be happy to see the GOP decimated in the general election, but I seriously doubt Bernie will be the one to do it (I wouldn't complain if he did though).

Foffy

Banned
Yes, i went there. If a person is going to throw their sword down to support someone like Hillary over the facts, who is the very nature of the beast called money in politics, i will say that principles are not something that person has.

Unless said person is coming mentally clean into the voting season thinking that everyone is just playing fair and there's no such thing as influencing factors like special interest money, or corporate favors, or media narratives based on who owns what and has stakes in who, i will say that voting for Hillary or the GOP right now is essentially perpetuating a system of governance that turns ever closer towards fascism and oligarchy.

I. am. not. kidding.

They have principles. All people are conditioned to have them.

What one can say is that they are perhaps flimsy in ways that they are not in that manner for you.

You care about oligarchy, and that's fine. Some care for trying to not regress the status quo, even if the status quo could be argued as filth.

No need to hang anybody for that. Go after the beliefs that drive behavior in the other way, and that's the Republicans and potentially some of Hillary's views. Don't go after people who want to try and at least keep the childish progress we've made, for Hillary does stand to keep some of that afloat, at minimum.

ivysaur12

Banned

I. am. not. kidding.

I still haven't made up my mind about who I'm voting for, but posts like these are really ugly.

Cagey

Banned
That's debatable.
This GAF "supporters of the candidate I don't support are racist, evidenced by a small selection of Reddit shitheads, because I need to find a way of morally denigrating them for disagreeing with me and establish my camp as morally superior" meme pushed by some posters won't ever die huh.

Just brutal.

RPGCrazied

I hope. All this Trump & Cruz crazy shit is getting beyond ludicrous now. I'm tired of seeing them every time I turn the TV on.

Cyan

Banned
Article content does not support that headline--especially the "landslide" part. From my brief reading of it, their main data support for the idea that Bernie is going to win is the new poll that we had a long thread about a day or two ago, which shows him leading but within the MoE. This is a good sign if you're a Bernie supporter, but isn't enormously compelling. The rest of the article is largely restating why Hillary is bad and Bernie is good. Ok.

Inuhanyou

And in the last decade, where were all those good Americans with principles in the midterms?

Being cowed by the same forces they are just now waking up to fight against in order to push Sanders over the edge.

Nobody gave a shit about politics before now because nobody gave a shit about the candidates. Obama never gave us any reason to support him because he had already broken quite a few campaign promises right after he went into office.

He never extolled any virtue about progressive causes or really said much of anything after he won besides how much he liked compromising and how much people should not complain because they are lucky a Republican isn't in office.

Its no wonder nobody came out to support him when he never made the case for himself to begin with. Having followed him since i voted for him in 2008 and again in 2012, last night's final state of the address was the most right he was in his entire Presidency, atleast in speech terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom